• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kevin Pereira is teasing a Nintendo NX announcement at the GameStop Expo on Wednesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malus

Why does everyone expect a Direct? Iwata clearly said they will do a press conference for new hardware.

Please no Directs for NX. Give me an epic live stage.

maxresdefault.jpg

Stitch

Gold Member
It's really easy to confirm this. We just need to ask our uncle who works at Nintendo if its true.

Again, Nintendo has a conference tomorrow at 8am PDT.

Agenda_Tues_final_1.JPG

Kevin Pereira has made no mention of the GameStop expo specifically, so he is likely teasing something about the GME happening the 10th-15th, and that picture showing a conference room is likely for Nintendo's conference tomorrow.

If anything is going to happen (unlikely) I would imagine it would be there.

Why does everyone expect a Direct? Iwata clearly said they will do a press conference for new hardware.

It's been discussed to death, but I simply think Nintendo is over the unnecessary pageantry of a live stage event for big reveals. Directs are more manageable, give them 100% control over the final presentation, and get every bit as much media coverage. As long as they follow it up with a chance for press to get a hands-on around the same time, it's the same thing.

Really think about it. Did Sony really need to livestream an hour-long stage show just to debut the PS4 Pro? Especially when the main advantage of 4K was totally lost on the online audience?

Tech companies have an addiction to these glitzy live reveals, chasing the glory moments of Jobs with the original iPhone. But the fact is, prerecorded content is a better way of getting the message across.

LogN

The pictures in the OP are from Nintendo's training room which Kevin hosts. He does not give the keynote for Nintendo where my announcement will be made.

21XX

Banned
Beyond even the Gamestop connection, I think the strongest evidence against this being remotely connected to NX is Periera himself. When that damn thing is finally revealed, you can bet that no one except Nintendo employees are going to be saying a word about it during the announcement. It needs to be as controlled as possible.

Malus

No idea, but I've attended Kevin's sessions at these Expo's and know how they go. I am not familiar with what is happening this year however, but I find it highly unlikely this is anything NX relatred

I hope Kevin uploads a "joke video" to youtube ala 10do.

The pictures in the OP are from Nintendo's training room which Kevin's hosts. He dies not give the keynote for Nintendo where my announcement will be made.

Indeed this pretty much confirms it isn't anything major. He's hyping up the break off sessions which he hosts, and not even the Main Stage Presentation

killroy87

Announce at Direct. Show it off here (GameStop is an important partner) and other places right after :). Or not who even knows at this point.

I mean, maybe. But even Nintendo needs to give more than 48 hours notice for an announcement that big.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I hope Kevin uploads a "joke video" to youtube ala 10do.

Let's see if he really goes all the way through. Come on, make the video title as clickbait as possible.

"Nintendo at GameStop Expo announcing something. You won't ever believe what happened there!"

FelipeMGM

Pereira actually means pear tree. Pears are green and shaped like ghosts................. Luigi's Mansion 3 confirmed for NX

Fuck, my native language is Portuguese and I never realized that the name was based in that, and Pereira is a fairly common family name

This thread was worthy after all

Let's see if he really goes all the way through. Come on, make the video title as clickbait as possible.

"Nintendo at GameStop Expo announcing something. You won't ever believe what happened there!"
Yeah, the thread title is awful and 100% inaccurate.
Oh, read you wrong but it still stands.

wrowa

Depends on the quality of the conference. I'd rather have a well-made Direct similar to Nintendo's E3 2014/2015 offerings than a snoozefest conference like Nintendo's Wii U Preview Event or Sony's PS4 Pro reveal.

Parshias7

This is going to be one of those times when GAF whips itself up into a frenzy over itsfuckingnothing.gif and then gets mad when it ends up being itsfuckingnothing.gif, right?

I can see the posts now: "How dare Nintendo not announce the NX during the show when they never said they were announcing the NX!"

udivision

The pictures in the OP are from Nintendo's training room which Kevin hosts. He does not give the keynote for Nintendo where my announcement will be made.

Are you sure he and you aren't going to switch places or that hilarity won't ensue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom