• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

HelloMeow

Ran into a hacker by the name of "LAGGIEST GUY EVER". Well, he lived up to his name.

Blatantly obvious aimbotting and all that crap. Here's a clip.

What a coincidence. Someone just posted this on reddit. Same guy.

BlackandwhiteGoldenLaughingthrush.gif

Gator86

I can't seem to do executions consistency, a lot of times I just punch the doomed Titan :/

It seems entirely broken on PS4. I quit doing it altogether because it's not worth the risk of it not working, leaving you entirely exposed when you expect to be invulnerable.

The Dude

I'm getting too frustrated with playing poorly myself or playing in poorly balanced matches that snowball out of control. Titanfall 2 feels like there's no middle ground - either you're playing well and crushing people, or you're dying to three shots from hip fire from halfway across the map.

Sometimes it feels like a game is decided in the first 5 minutes if one team gets two Titans out on the field - especially true on Complex and Crash Site where there are no real places for pilots to hide and take pot shots.

Besides that, Attrition and Bounty Hunt don't have a proper sense of tension as matches get close, which they rarely do in my experience. The 500 score/5000 dollars feel like two bars slowly going up, and whoever fills it up faster wins. There's no sudden death state, no real ability to make clutch plays and survive an uneven fight (esp. in a Titan) to turn a match around. There's no real climax to matches, and that leaves matches feeling unsatisfying.

Pretty much, lost all gusto to play between how this works out and map hack.. I started to enjoy it but ultimately I think it's a pretty poor mp in its current state

JaMarco

Holy Shit! I just saved a teammate from being executed, I killed the guy right at the end of the animation, he was like 1 millisecond from his neck getting snapped >_<

Argonomic

Also the maps. What happened? Seriously, what happened? This cannot be the same team who mapped Titanfall 1. Was there a shake up at Respawn between titles?

There isn't a single map with half of the charm of the campaign locales, which is sort of insult on top of the injury of how bland and spread apart the layouts are.

On R1 the entire team was focused on MP, once we put SP aside in mid 2012. We launched with 15 bsps. On R2 we split the design team roughly in half, and shipped 21 bsps. While we had some great results from this approach, there were also downsides. SP bsps did receive more production effort than mp.

This was a part of the growing process, supporting two different ways to play, and we'll learn and improve from the experience.

On R1 the entire team was focused on MP, once we put SP aside in mid 2012. We launched with 15 bsps. On R2 we split the design team roughly in half, and shipped 21 bsps. While we had some great results from this approach, there were also downsides. SP bsps did receive more production effort than mp.

This was a part of the growing process, supporting two different ways to play, and we'll learn and improve from the experience.

For sure - and for what it's worth, I think the SP stuff is fantastic, so my bitching aside I think the game's overall response is proof enough that you guys made the right call overall. Given this game's DLC model I'm looking forward to seeing how the post-launch maps grow.

Reebot

Thanks for taking the time to respond! Its great to hear directly from Respawn on this, and I was really curious about the internal workings of map design.

Titanfall 1 easily ranks as one of the all-time greatest multiplayer shooters - due in no small part to its fantastic maps. Hopefully some future maps will evoke Titanfall 1's design.

ZehDon

Boomtown is starting to grow on me. Finding myself able to move around with more consistency. I appreciate the placement of B point, love that it gets hectic, and stays hectic. Homestead and Crash Site are still garbage, though. Irredeemably awful flow. Hopefully the new maps take some of these out of rotation.

Mastamind

When do weapons and titans regenerate? I've been doing them all up to 10 so far and my charge rifle is somewhere past 20.

Edit: Figured it out, you regenerate automatically when you would normally hit lvl 21

Reebot

Done for now.

I want to like this game so bad. Its frustratingly close to brilliant. I will never understand the changes to combat, but I could overlook them if not for the maps.

Dear god, the maps. How.

I'm putting more and more time into the game, and I continue to feel it's pretty good. Hopefully the population numbers don't drop too dramatically, and it would be nice if sales picked up because it deserves some success at least.

(playing on xbox)

Izuna

Banned
Titan changes don't really feel like much. Legion is less ridiculous, but I feel like for the average player he's the same.

Getting ammo back for Anti-Titan weapons was much needed.

Map Hack pings are meh. I don't really think much of it one way or the other.

Maps are still garbage, especially Complex.

Amped Hardpoint is a flawed mode, still.

PvP in Mixtape is meh.

Fixes are good. Improvements will be better than good.

Im pretty certain allthe people in this game that are successful with the shotgun were born with a part of the brain that I wasnt.

Hemlock 4 Lyfe from here on out.

After listening to the Super Best Friendcast, I decided to bite the bullet and buy the game despite not being too impressed with the beta. Holy fuck was it worth it. The campaign was mindblowing and possibly even better than the recent Wolfenstein and Doom. It had so many awesome and memorable moments you rarely get from many games today. GOTY worthy just on the campaign alone.

I played a few multiplayer matches from each mode and I'm not sure what to think of it. I can see myself having more fun once I have a better grasp of the mechanics but there are still major issues like how fast you die that I can't get over. Even if I don't get into it at least I'll still have the campaign.

Xater

Well I regenerated my pilot and I feel like I am already burned out on the game. I actually don't like how I never feel like my set up I fell into has to ever be changed. In other games I switch my load out way more depending on the map or mode and that keeps things fresh.

Also already getting sick of these maps. I do t think they launched with enough and there are a couple of stinkers like Homestead and Complex.

At least I warmed up to some of the gameplay changes. Mostly because the shooting and movement still feel so good. The map hack meta sucks though.

keakster

Some quick questions about SP ... how easy is it to replay missions? how many are there? how long are they?

Something I really enjoyed about MW1/2 was going back and replaying missions and having a SP campaign in this game has me considering it, but the thought of paying $80 CDN for a 5-6 campaign is a barrier

Izuna

Banned
Some quick questions about SP ... how easy is it to replay missions? how many are there? how long are they?

Something I really enjoyed about MW1/2 was going back and replaying missions and having a SP campaign in this game has me considering it, but the thought of paying $80 CDN for a 5-6 campaign is a barrier

I went through the Campaign twice. First time was a blast (on Master). Then I played on Hard to see how fast I could complete certain levels. Set-pieces were just as cool the second time around (mostly because you're in control for most of them).

Thing is, you don't want to miss this SP.

Xater

The SP is pretty cool, but I would not recommend spending so much money just for that. Wait for a sale which will undoubtedly come considering how this game is not doing stellar.

SwolBro

Banned
Pretty much, lost all gusto to play between how this works out and map hack.. I started to enjoy it but ultimately I think it's a pretty poor mp in its current state
I dunno, when i'm grooving and pulling crazy shit off i end up having a ton of fun. when it clicks it clicks.

There's a few tweaks needed to be made but overall it's good.

Well I regenerated my pilot and I feel like I am already burned out on the game. I actually don't like how I never feel like my set up I fell into has to ever be changed. In other games I switch my load out way more depending on the map or mode and that keeps things fresh.

Not sure why you feel that way. I have all 10 slots loaded with builds i use. I have two main load outs that work for everything and then other specific load outs for the game type or map.

keakster

I went through the Campaign twice. First time was a blast (on Master). Then I played on Hard to see how fast I could complete certain levels. Set-pieces were just as cool the second time around (mostly because you're in control for most of them).

Thing is, you don't want to miss this SP.

Yeah I'm definitely going to pick this up, but not at full price. If they released a SP only download for even 60% of the price I would jump on it.

The SP is pretty cool, but I would not recommend spending so much money just for that. Wait for a sale which will undoubtedly come considering how this game is not doing stellar.

And although that is unfortunate considering the praise the game is getting, hopefully it means I won't have to wait until the summer until the game is under $50

bigmac996

Loving this game. After beating SP I'm knee-deep in multiplayer. I really hope the game will gain some momentum, this is something special.

One thing I think I dug more in TF1 were the multiplayer maps. Each one felt so perfectly designed for both pilots and titans. I wonder if putting out remastered levels from the first game would work with the current mechanics.

Alx

Yeah I'm definitely going to pick this up, but not at full price. If they released a SP only download for even 60% of the price I would jump on it.

And although that is unfortunate considering the praise the game is getting, hopefully it means I won't have to wait until the summer until the game is under $50

I think it would be a good idea for EA to set up a "free weekend" after a couple of months. Most people will have enough time to enjoy the campaign, which is a great introduction to online multiplayer.
Come for the SP, stay for the MP.

Lucifon

Loving this game. After beating SP I'm knee-deep in multiplayer. I really hope the game will gain some momentum, this is something special.

One thing I think I dug more in TF1 were the multiplayer maps. Each one felt so perfectly designed for both pilots and titans. I wonder if putting out remastered levels from the first game would work with the current mechanics.

The first game certainly had better maps. There's some real exaggeration going on in the thread about TF2's maps imo. They're fine, just not as good as the first. But then I'm pretty conditioned to sequels having worse maps.

GrazGamer

For all the talk of this being a 4-5 hour campaign I am currently clocked in Origin at 9 hours. Even counting some time dicking around showing it off to a friend, who bought it the very next day, a couple of games online and leaving the game running while watching TV I would say I have been playing around 7 hours. I am playing on hard but not dying excessively either and I still have 3 levels to go!

I don't think I have completed any COD in 4-5 hours, even MW2 which I have completed at least 5 times still takes a good 7 hours.

I don't think I'm slow but people must fly through the campaign compared to what I am doing.

Game is best FPS campaign I have played in years though. Always knew Respawn would deliver.

Canadian

Would it be hard for Respawn to release the maps from the first game? I know Angel City is coming but I would hope they have more planned after that. Seems like an easy and quicker way to get more quality maps in rotation.

While I enjoy most of the maps, complex and crash site aren't the best designed maps, especially for Titanfall's movement. I would like to hear Respawn's reasoning on these maps. One of the best things about the movement is treating every map like a platformer and trying to find the best way to run, slide and bounce around the map. The map's that funnel you through a corridor really limit that kind of freedom.

Really not accomplishing anything when it comes to using my Titan. I get it, I get in it, I don't really get a whole lot done then it just gets blown up.

Repeat.

No Love

Banned

Please release paid DLC or something. This game is so damn good and it deserves more maps and more gameplay balancing. I'd happily pay for more, it's a phenomenal foundation.

Top Bottom