• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legend of Zelda Mafia |OT| A Lynch to the Past

CzarTim

Thing is no one, including you who asked me the q, bothered to respond to my post except for her. And her response was 'go ahead and vote for me then.' I've made those same posts as scum when people scum read me without a vote. Feels like scum guilt.

Melon's frustration over getting called out for the notes felt genuine, and I didn't really have another target.

Meant for sor, obvs

Also I am on the train (lol) home so I will have spotty data for a bit. Then it's a 45 min drive home. Should have 30 min or so at end of day in front of my PC.

Sophia

In the car, will be home soonish. The way Tim worded goes party made me think he had something more to say, rather then it being a final vote.

I'll have more over I get home properly. Typing on a tablet sucks.

Sorian

Banned
Thing is no one, including you who asked me the q, bothered to respond to my post except for her. And her response was 'go ahead and vote for me then.' I've made those same posts as scum when people scum read me without a vote. Feels like scum guilt.

Melon's frustration over getting called out for the notes felt genuine, and I didn't really have another target.

Asked what question? Did this conversation not happen?

Why is Sophia your strongest scum read but you aren't comfortable putting a vote there? How do you put those statements together?

I don't believe you should vote out someone who is contributing a lot to the discussion on day one, even if you are scum leaning them. If you are right, waiting to push them in future days gives you way more to work on in future days. If you are wrong, well you are doing scum's job for them. Town loses when it's big talkers are gone.

So yes, I am scum reading her, but it's a day one gut read and I am acknowledging she has been contributing positively to town regardless of alignment.

Natiko

Banned
Outside of Cabot moving his vote for whatever reason I get the feeling everyone is primarily sitting on their votes and then with 10 minutes left this is going to go all the way sideways.

Sorian

Banned
I'm saying you didn't respond to my answer?

There was nothing to respond to? Literally the exact justification people use to not vote me out on day 1 in most games, that was the line you went with so I noted it and that was that. More trying to figure out what changed in 7 hours that you were fine with it. You've kind of answered that now with your "scum guilt" explanation. In general, I think you've been very easy to change your mind which isn't inherently bad but trying to follow if the thought process makes sense is where I worry.

CzarTim

There was nothing to respond to? Literally the exact justification people use to not vote me out on day 1 in most games, that was the line you went with so I noted it and that was that. More trying to figure out what changed in 7 hours that you were fine with it. You've kind of answered that now with your "scum guilt" explanation. In general, I think you've been very easy to change your mind which isn't inherently bad but trying to follow if the thought process makes sense is where I worry.

Fair, enough. I am on enough cold meds to knock out an elephant so I'm probably not making much sense.

cabot

Outside of Cabot moving his vote for whatever reason I get the feeling everyone is primarily sitting on their votes and then with 10 minutes left this is going to go all the way sideways.

Hoping one of these chumps says something before deadline

Sophia

I'm back home. Reading things over. Right now gut town reading Melon and Tim.

My gut says I should still vote Ty because he's a strong enough player to change his patterns based upon what people are talking about him.

CCS and Acohrs bullshit from last page is still bullshit. As is the premature day 1 name claim in Groose.

Sorian

Banned
Hoping one of these chumps says something before deadline

Can you day check nin for me again, I don't know what to make of him disappearing off the earth. I'm pretty sure he would kind of disappear like this in Cthulhu and let people fight but he's totally going to come in here and say he's been busy which is great but no real questioning against that.

Sophia

Also I don't feel good about cabot either.

VOTE: nin1000

Pointless prod vote on Nin or whatever it's intended to be.

VOTE: Pop-O-Matic

Pointless prod vote on pop too.

Yes. I don't understand that rugby exchange if they were both scum.

Ty is a blind spot, nothing strong there yet for me to take a guess. He's done enough that I am satisfied with him for this day phase.

Kyan has been better than the beginning of this game, but that's about all I can say. He's a null
Ty :- As Town, he's more of a mediator and an alternate opinion among the group, though his reading is reasonably inconsistent.

This is cute, but it's a weak justification for letting him slide today. Almost as if he knows Ty's alignment. Also somehow he went from Ty being a mediator with inconsistent readings to being a blind spot. What?

Ty4on

This is cute, but it's a weak justification for letting him slide today. Almost as if he knows Ty's alignment. Also somehow he went from Ty being a mediator with inconsistent readings to being a blind spot. What?
I don't think the second one is a read. Wasn't it on response to melon's town read of me?

Natiko

Banned
The only changes to my reads list would be to bump CCS down to null, bump Kyan up to null, and bump Sophia down to lean scum.

cabot

Also I don't feel good about cabot either.

Pointless prod vote on Nin or whatever it's intended to be.

Pointless prod vote on pop too.

I dont want to lynch an active player on day one because I dont read him well? Pointless prod votrd.

Garbage post.

Sophia

I dont want to lynch an active player on day one because I dont read him well? Pointless prod votrd.

Garbage post.

As I told Tim, there's a lot of active players in this game. I don't see the reason to specifically give Ty a pass for activity alone. Although I understand not wanting to lynch him because of a lack of reads. I certainly feel that way about a few people in this game right now.

cabot

As I told Tim, there's a lot of active players in this game. I don't see the reason to specifically give Ty a pass for activity alone. Although I understand not wanting to lynch him because of a lack of reads. I certainly feel that way about a few people in this game right now.

Because we have the least amount of information and he hasnt rang alarm bells.

ONE HOUR REMAINS

Zelda Fact of the Day #2: Did you know that Koume and Kotake (our avatars) combine to form hot Twinrova? Now you know!

natiko (0)
sorian 244 (264)

splinter (0)
melonrabbit 245 (756)

sorian (0)
ty4on 246 (547)
sophia 323 (477)
acohrs 669 (889)

melonrabbit (1)
bronx-man 251 (491)
cabot 765 (811)
czartim 774 (903)
kyanrute 931

sophia (3)
pop-o-matic 253
czartim 364 (585)
ty4on 827
czartim 903

bronx-man (0)
sorian 264 (453)

cabot (1)
ccs 268 (377)
kawl_usc 471 (751)
*splinter 545

magnumboy20xx (0)
acohrs 277 (388)
czartim 585 (591)

acohrs (3)
natiko 362 (427)
sorian 456 (516)
natiko 590
franconp 770
acohrs 889

kawl_usc (0)
cabot 370 (612)
sophia 477 (693)
sorian 516 (583)
kawl_usc 751 (865)

absolutbro (1)
ccs 377 (658)
cabot 612 (765)
magnumboy20xx 664

kawl (0)
acohrs 409 (499)

acorhs (0)
sorian 453 (456)

pop-o-matic (0)
stanleypalmtree 563 (829)
cabot 811 (916)

stanleypalmtree (0)
ty4on 564 (827)

ty4on (1)
sorian 583
czartim 591 (633)
ccs 658 (801)
ccs 830 (873)

ccs (4)
melonrabbit 756
stanleypalmtree 829
kawl_usc 865
ccs 873

nin1000 (1)
cabot 916

Day 1 Ends in:
gre_1484002800.png

CzarTim

Don't think it's wise to go ccs or aco today. So open question to anyone voting for them post implosion: if they flip town will you vote the other tomorrow?

CzarTim

Don't think it's wise to go ccs or aco today. So open question to anyone voting for them post implosion: if they flip town will you vote the other tomorrow?

As in people who only decided to vote there after they self-voted. If you were scum reading them before, fair enough.

Sorian

Banned

I would lynch Acorhs and if he was town that would give me nothing to work with on CCS unless this is some weird masons/lovers play. And if Acorhs was scum, that would probably give me a town read on CCS because no way two scummates do this.

Sophia

I don't want to lynch either one of them on principle, but at the same time not lynching at least one of them leaves the WIFOM hanging over our heads the rest of the game.

Natiko

Banned
If acohrs flips scum I think we get a ton of info because as I noted before we have a lot of reads shared on him even before the implosion.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Vote: CCS

It's come down to these two, and frankly, acohrs is playing a lot more sloppily here compared to Pop Mafia where he actually was scum. But if CCS flips town, I will vote for acohrs on D2.

Kawl_USC

So, what do you think?

I'm with the force and the force is with me

No, it didn't work for me either
About cabot? Not much one way or another at this point. My inherent chumminess with him probably makes him lean town.

As far as the CCS/acohrs situation the ways I see it there's a couple way it plays out if we are to lunch one. Both town, CCS scum, acohrs scum, both scum. All of those with lynching CCS and all of those lunching acohrs.

Worst case scenario in my mind is one is scum, we lynch the town of the pair and let the other off (scum CCS, town acohrs probably most likely version of this permutation)
Only slightly better is both being scum, we lynch one and let the other off to slink into late game (lynching a scum acohrs and letting scum CCS skate most likely version of this permutation)

Then there's both town, I consider this one a negative only because it means we have two posters playing so anti town. Lynching either means an anti town force has been removed. Anti town town member lynched day one is 3rd best outcome in my opinion (behind scum lynch and evil 3rd party lynch)

And best outcome is we lynch scum today and keep around the anti town townsman (Town CCS, scum acohrs here)

Personally the worst outcomes arise from a scum CCS making it through today and in such a way that suspicion falls off him and he can coast. So while I think both acohrs and CCS have been playing anti town, I prefer to lynch CCS today for potential gain/minimize potential loses.

Ty4on

That last page was a shit show, I vote Acohrs over CCS, mostly because CCS has been a blind spot for me all day since I have no meta to fall on and he just comes off as window dressing so far.

In other news, I liked AB's list and thoughts, still going with my town read there, he had more to go with and made good insight out of it.

Tim, what exactly were you hoping to get from Sophia with that random vote and no follow-up?

I'm back home. Reading things over. Right now gut town reading Melon and Tim.

My gut says I should still vote Ty because he's a strong enough player to change his patterns based upon what people are talking about him.

CCS and Acohrs bullshit from last page is still bullshit. As is the premature day 1 name claim in Groose.
Hmf

What do you think about Sorian, Sophia? You don't seem to have made a comment lately.

------------------------
What are you trying to do, Sorian? That first paragraph is just mwhwhwhwaaa... I don't see any pro-town motivation.

Sophia

Hmf

What do you think about Sorian, Sophia? You don't seem to have made a comment lately.

------------------------
What are you trying to do, Sorian? That first paragraph is just mwhwhwhwaaa... I don't see any pro-town motivation.

He's in the same category as you and cabot for me. That is, my gut is saying he might be scum. I admit I haven't extensively gone over his posts today however.

Kawl_USC

That doubles as hitting on what Tim was asking about even though I started that before he made his post.

I don't have any strong scum reads unfortunately, didn't have time to do a deep read. So I follow the thought process above.

franconp

I was voting for acohrs before all the nut things happened and I still think it's the right choice. I don't feel good about him at all and his self voting made me feel even worse. I can see a frustrated CCS voting himself, but not acohrs. His vote make no sense.

If acohrs flips either scum or town doesn't tells me much about CCS per se but if CCS is town, he is not a very cooperative one. If he keep coasting and making weird moves further I have no problem to lynch him.

Kawl_USC

Scum
Harmful third party
Neutral neutral
Unhelpful town
Helpful neutral
Vanilla town
Town pr

Any lynch unhelpful town or above is a success day one IMO. I feel CCS or acohrs likely to fall under one of those.

Top Bottom