• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyrian

I'm not too worried about pulling a Leon.

Just to note, when the crystal change comes. I know everyone is touching themselves for Rainbows, but the biggest change will be Yellows.
Yellows have a 19% chance to drop and the current pool will be losing over 80 of the potential picks. We have about 12 non-limited yellows in the game right now. Compared to the 80+ blues or so.

Most likely, I will get him down the line, if 1/5 of my pulls are Yellow and the pool is a fraction of the Blues.

Hey, what you do with your Rainbow Gaffgarion's Night Sword is your own business.

But, yeah, Leon is not a limited gold, so people will eventually be tripping over him pulling for other things, especially when the crystal change comes. You're completely correct here.

-- I didn't get Maxwell actually! I was right in that stage of the meta where I just couldn't pull it off.

-- talking about TMs you can't get anymore because the unit was limited / no longer available.

-- agreed that PoC is lower priority but it's the one I keep regretting.

It's likely that she'll come back though so it's not too major.

Could have sworn you did get Maxwell, back in the day. Alkez is likely right, though. It would be silly for Gumi to grant Maxwell his/her? 6* and not offer another opportunity to acquire that unit.

-- Still haven't punctured a hole in my own logic from last night, and still am in "I Want to Believe" mode. Reddit still hasn't made the needed logical link yet either, which is suprising, although they have danced around it a few times. Wonder when someone else there will reach the same assertion (it's not a special banner). Even then, as Shin implied last night, there's still the possibility of it all being an incredible coincidence and nothing more.

Pejo

With both a Luneth and a Gilgamesh, I absolutely need two Leons, at least. 50% attack, combined with their existing sword passives make it stupid good on those two characters in particular. I also have Firion's Equip Heavy Armor TM, so I could get creative with it, if I had to.

I'll probably start this banner with a 10+1 and see how it goes from there. Hoping for at least 1 Leon, so i can coast on dailies afterwards.

He doesn't want to jinx his theory by stating it but it's too early for enhancements and they already stated the crystal change isn't coming until there are more 5* bases. I can't think of any other update that would excited me as much as he seems to cautiously be. Maybe the free slots and NRG increase we're all going to get? That will actually be pretty awesome. At least I didn't get the impression he's referring to units. If it's units though, save the Orlandu banner by putting Tidus in it! Count the money, Gummi!

Celegus

Dang Panther that's too bad you missed out on her. It was a pretty tough fight. I was only able to clear it on my wife's account by cheesing the reset timer of her big attack since she didn't have much back then. Should come back at some point!

Very curious about this whole banner thing next week, if it's something or nothing. Definitely a good point about probably getting Leon later on off banner. I don't really have a use for him right now, but maybe dailies will be lucky.

TFW you accidentally hit Claim All instead of Refresh while on line for lunch, and now have 300 energy at work.

Do energy above your normal limit go away unless you using them?
I guess it doesnt matter if you have 300 now. you will still have 300 tomorrow unless you play no?

I guess it doesnt matter if you have 300 now. you will still have 300 tomorrow unless you play no?

It's just a waste because it can't recharge until you burn all the excess and as he/she is at work, not in a good place to quickly burn it all back down. So yeah, they'll still have 300 later but if they didn't accidentally hit claim all, they could have done it incrementally to efficiently use it over time while still allowing NRG to recharge.

It's just a waste because it can't recharge until you burn all the excess and as he/she is at work, not in a good place to quickly burn it all back down. So yeah, they'll still have 300 later but if they didn't accidentally hit claim all, they could have done it incrementally to efficiently use it over time while still allowing NRG to recharge.

True, I never thought about it like that. I just been claiming it all since I started :)

True, I never thought about it like that. I just been claiming it all since I started :)

That's typically not an issue, this was a case of hoarding a ton of NRG restoratives as evidenced by them getting as high as 300NRG. Normally you probably just have one or two restoratives at a time at most (not counting daily rewards).

Ah my bad. I'm completely clueless to these things lol.
Not your bad at all, I was referencing a post he made yesterday or maybe the day before, you could easily have missed it haha

Lyrian

TFW you accidentally hit Claim All instead of Refresh while on line for lunch, and now have 300 energy at work.

I think 300 EN is the overflow cap?

Squall is on point here. Not only is it unlikely that evang007 can't burn his/her overflowed energy, but they are also losing energy that can't be regenerated while in overflow mode. The longer the overflow condition exists, the greater the accumulated loss over time.

I **hate** when I do that. The Claim All button is far too close to the Refresh button on that screen.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Lyrian -- It was right at that part of the game where I still hadn't pulled a DPS and still didn't have any TMs. Somewhere between that and the Gilgamesh trial was my real turning point.

And obviously getting Chizuru and then Noctis and then Yun while starting to bank TMs has really turned the game around for me.

LOL we really truly are like mirror versions of each other. Same here my friend. It burns every time I see it listed as part of the best DPS builds
which is always :(

seriously! Blade Mastery got my Noctis up to 760 ATK though, so that's pretty freaking cool. Couple bracers and SoD in the cooker and things will be looking pretty soon.

Now about Yun ... I think I need DualWield and Thorned Mace before getting the most out of him.

Lyrian

Sorry I feel like I've missed something here. What is the theory?

He doesn't want to jinx his theory by stating it but it's too early for enhancements and they already stated the crystal change isn't coming until there are more 5* bases. I can't think of any other update that would excited me as much as he seems to cautiously be. Maybe the free slots and NRG increase we're all going to get? That will actually be pretty awesome. At least I didn't get the impression he's referring to units. If it's units though, save the Orlandu banner by putting Tidus in it! Count the money, Gummi!

To be honest, until someone else naturally reaches the same conclusion, I might as well be Crazy-Person-Yelling-At-Cloud.

But, let's start exploring the logical train of thought slightly and look at what might be the missing logical connection no one is making as of yet.

** Assuming there are no typos, errors, or other Gumi errors at play:

-- We know from some news posts that some events are ending early.
-- We know that all of these events that are ending early are actually banners.

-- Therefore, **all** currently active banners will be ending at maintenance on 2/22 (as implied by the banner news posts).

** This is a highly unusual situation. Normally banners continue after maintenance, even after major version updates.

Could there be just a reschedule of banners to end on different dates in the future?

-- Per the news posts about the Dreadnought event, the FF2 dungeon ends at exactly the expected time frame, if the banner end times do NOT change. If the banner end times change, then there would be at least a full day on every event where the banner units would for event would not be available (very bad for Mog King events). Therefore, this theory can be reasonably safely discarded.

So.... there must be another reason for this unusual calling out of maintenance end times.

But what could it be? Let's look at the situation from a different angle.

-- We know that all of the currently existing banners will end at maintenance.

*** Key questions: WHY would Gumi need to end all existing active banners at the same time for a maintenance? WHAT are the implications of doing this that require Gumi to take these actions?

*** Looking forward at version updates for JP, what do we know about what is coming in the near or moderate-term future, that would best fit WHY Gumi would need all of the banners that are currently available to end for a maintenance?

If you think about that answer to those questions, the answer should become obvious. There's only one answer to that question, should the logic hold.

Of course, there's always the non-zero probability that "It's F-ing Nothing", and all of this is a very nice coincidence. But then, why go through all of the effort to tie things to maintenance when Gumi hasn't in the past? The logic here seems more plausible than not. If the shoe fits...

Further, should the logic hold, there is also the possibility that what this could be might not come in the form we expect. "Be careful what you wish for" might apply quite strongly in this scenario.

Muku

Hm. That's interesting. I think I know the conclusion you are coming to. Or maybe it is wishful thinking on my part...

Lyrian -- It was right at that part of the game where I still hadn't pulled a DPS and still didn't have any TMs. Somewhere between that and the Gilgamesh trial was my real turning point.

And obviously getting Chizuru and then Noctis and then Yun while starting to bank TMs has really turned the game around for me.

seriously! Blade Mastery got my Noctis up to 760 ATK though, so that's pretty freaking cool. Couple bracers and SoD in the cooker and things will be looking pretty soon.

Now about Yun ... I think I need DualWield and Thorned Mace before getting the most out of him.

Yeah I couldn't pull a physical DPS for the life of me until Noctis. It was really holding me back and making the game less fun with the way difficulty was ramping up but the Noctis banner changed everything with a Noctis, CoD, and Refia pull along with a bunch of top tier TMs. I thought I'd add Chorizo to that list but haven't used her a single time. Omniveil and Comeback has been so damn useful since that banner. If I'd have pulled Chorizo before that banner, she'd have been amazing for what I was lacking.

I should complete Sakura by the end of the week or weekend and I'm curious what my Noctis will jump to when I swap Chiji out for it. I don't recall what the disparity is. Is your Noctis fully ATK potted? Black Cowl will finish up pretty quickly with the trust moogles he's about to get form the FFII event and Feb 28th log-in. I'll save the one from Arena for a Bracer. Those are both coming along too. Shouldn't be *too* long before Noctis is complete and I can't wait to see what his ATK ends up at for me. Working on a DW right now myself, just don't know who for. Orlandu? Tidus? Eileen? Dark Veritas? Who knows? ;p I'm hoping for Tidus since I prefer using classic FF characters and I never played Tactics so Tidus appeals far more to me than Orlandu from a nostalgic/personal preference standpoint. Orlandu still qualifies though and hooded robes always look cool ;p At least the good news is I can go hard for Tidus during the X banner since Rikku is in it. Been saving just for that banner since Noctis' ended outside of maybe a couple pulls when I goofed and accepted rewards on Nox. Pleased with how quickly my lapis got back up though I don't have old story missions to exploit for that anymore.

Pachimari

Are these good ones to TM farm? I'm only rank 32 so I don't know if now is a good time to start farming.

CLDJCwu.jpg

Vaan (Maximillian armor)
Zidane (Dual wield)
Xiao (Kaiser knuckles)
Maxell (Power shot)

Muku

Are these good ones to TM farm? I'm only rank 32 so I don't know if now is a good time to start farming.

Vaan (Maximillian armor)
Zidane (Dual wield)
Xiao (Kaiser knuckles)
Maxell (Power shot)

Definitely Zidane. As for Xiao... do you have anyone that can use the Knuckle? (Assuming she isn't part of your normal party.) Not sure about other two.

My TM farming first started with Dual Wield. Currently in process of trying to get last bit of Dual Cast done. Still trying to figure out what to tackle next. Though maybe I can get macro stuff set up soon.

Alsoooooo. Definitely put a fifth person in there. They don't take away from the others getting points.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Squall AsFuck, here's my current Noctis:

Noctis 6 Star
FFBEDB Unit Calculator
Right Hand: Excalibur +120ATK+Light Element
Left Hand: Sakurafubuki +98ATK
Head: Tiger Mask +14ATK+3DEF
Body: Black Belt Gi +8ATK+24DEF
Accessory 1: Hero's Ring +3DEF+3SPR+10%ATK+10%MAG
Accessory 2: Hero's Ring +3DEF+3SPR+10%ATK+10%MAG
Ability 1: Dual Wield Equip two single handed weapons
Ability 2: Blade Mastery +50% ATK Katana
Ability 3: ATK +15% +15% ATK
Ability 4: ATK +10% +10% ATK
Esper: Ifrit HP:4500 MP:2200 ATK:5100 DEF:2800 MAG:2100 SPR:2100
Total Stats: HP: 4960 MP: 308 ATK: 760 DEF: 211 MAG: 273 SPR: 193

Here's what he'll look like after I get 2 bracers, black cowl, and seal of destruction:

Noctis 6 Star
FFBEDB Unit Calculator
Right Hand: Excalibur +120ATK+Light Element
Left Hand: Sakurafubuki +98ATK
Head: Black Cowl +28ATK+25DEF+25SPR+100%Sleep
Body: Black Belt Gi +8ATK+24DEF
Accessory 1: Bracer +30ATK+15%HP
Accessory 2: Bracer +30ATK+15%HP
Ability 1: Dual Wield Equip two single handed weapons
Ability 2: Blade Mastery +50% ATK Katana
Ability 3: ATK +15% +15% ATK
Ability 4: Seal of Destruction +20% ATK +20%MAG +10%HP
Esper: Ifrit HP:4500 MP:2200 ATK:5100 DEF:2800 MAG:2100 SPR:2100
Total Stats: HP: 6669 MP: 308 ATK: 815 DEF: 227 MAG: 273 SPR: 212

Chinner

Banned
Does the unit calculstor still not had noctis second attack passive when duel wielding? 8 remember people saying it was a little inaccurate.

Pachimari

Definitely Zidane. As for Xiao... do you have anyone that can use the Knuckle? (Assuming she isn't part of your normal party.) Not sure about other two.

My TM farming first started with Dual Wield. Currently in process of trying to get last bit of Dual Cast done. Still trying to figure out what to tackle next. Though maybe I can get macro stuff set up soon.

Alsoooooo. Definitely put a fifth person in there. They don't take away from the others getting points.
Have no idea if anyone from my party can use the knuckle actually. I'll have to study up what will be the best TMs for my party. My party is Luneth, Ace/Lenna, Cecil, Exdeath and WoL.

Muku

Have no idea if anyone from my party can use the knuckle actually. I'll have to study up what will be the best TMs for my party. My party is Luneth, Ace/Lenna, Cecil, Exdeath and WoL.

If no one can use the knuckle, then it wouldn't be good to work on for something no one can use. You could say I could pull something in mean time, but feel like it'd be better to work on something you can.

You have any other units that would be worth looking at their TMs?

Lyrian

Hm. That's interesting. I think I know the conclusion you are coming to. Or maybe it is wishful thinking on my part...

Hence, the "I want to believe".

The best I can reasonably hope for I think is they get rid of troll golds but leave troll rainbows for now.

I brought this up last night, but it got lost in the shuffle.

Conjecture time.... what if, somewhere down the road, Gumi continues the process on Global of gradual normalization? What if Global enters into a situation where 3 and 4*s are normalized, but not 5*s? I suppose it's possible, but would Gumi really be ballsy enough to do this?

I think you might be onto something here. There might be a very real possibility that the crystal change may arrive in stages on Global, given that the 3*s are already normalized.

The devs (poorly) have stated that there aren't enough 5* bases for rainbows to be normalized yet.

But, what about 4*s? Are there enough at this point to give the green light to normalizing gold crystals moving forward? Maybe, maybe not. But a person could put forth a much more convincing argument for normalizing 4*s than 5*s at this point on Global.

The only update left that comes out before enhancements I think is:

Feature: UI update, login bonus, friend level, material finder, continuous auto-battle (between quests)

Somehow I don't think this is what you're talking about, Lyrian. I'm sorry to disappoint you with the failure of following your clues. I blame lack of sleep ;p

Vaan (Maximillian armor)
Zidane (Dual wield)
Xiao (Kaiser knuckles)
Maxell (Power shot)
We'd have to see all your units to recommend the best TMs for you to go after but Zidane's is tops, definitely prioritize him and Vaan is a solid one. Xiao requires the right unit and setup to be useful but can be. Maxwell is a negative but lets see what all your options are.

Muku

I think Rainbows should be normalized as well. Okay, so maybe we don't have a lot now, but I'd rather see a Rainbow, even right now, and know it's something worth a shit -- even if a duplicate -- than being disappointed. Sorry, but Rainbows should be fun Gumi. Getting a Rainbow and finding Bedile or Ingus? That is the opposite of fun.

Celegus

Vaan (Maximillian armor)
Zidane (Dual wield)
Xiao (Kaiser knuckles)
Maxell (Power shot)
I think your NRG would be better spent catching up on the story missions and ranking up. Rank 32 is still really low and you should absolutely not be lapis refilling that low. Vaan's isn't great and Maxell is bad, who else do you have? Zidane is #1 priority, feed him any trust moogles you get.

Squall AsFuck, here's my current Noctis:

Here's what he'll look like after I get 2 bracers, black cowl, and seal of destruction:

Lol! More entertaining than what it actually stands for. I should start saying that's what it is.

I don't recall what max pot will set your ATK value too but when you have an ATK pot in your unit inventory, is it grayed out for Noctis? I maxed his ATK pot out so I'm wondering if I should expect the exact same values as you or not.

When Sakura raps up by this weekend, we'll have all the same stuff on our Noctis' and I have Ifrit maxed (assuming you do too). After we finish our TMs for him, the sole difference will be that I don't have a Seal of Destruction. I'll be happy with getting him a 30% ATK materia at some point or rather a couple ;)

Managed to burn off the energy during a call, but I really would have liked that energy for the next mog king event. Oh well.
Glad it at least didn't go to waste!

Alkez

To be honest, until someone else naturally reaches the same conclusion, I might as well be Crazy-Person-Yelling-At-Cloud.

Ooo very interesting. I didn't even notice the banner ended early tbh. Following your line of logic, yeah I'm with you. I don't think it's crazy to think it could happen. At the very least I could see the yellow crystal change.

robotuw

Hence, the "I want to believe".

I brought this up last night, but it got lost in the shuffle.

I think you might be onto something here. There might be a very real possibility that the crystal change may arrive in stages on Global, given that the 3*s are already normalized.

The devs (poorly) have stated that there aren't enough 5* bases for rainbows to be normalized yet.

But, what about 4*s? Are there enough at this point to give the green light to normalizing gold crystals moving forward? Maybe, maybe not. But a person could put forth a much more convincing argument for normalizing 4*s than 5*s at this point on Global.

There will be 14 non-limited 4* bases, including Leon, in Global by the time this mysterious update happens. There will be 11 non-limited 5* bases, including Emperor, by then. Gumi is gonna have to struggle pretty hard to justify why the (massive number of) 4*s are getting normalized and the (paltry few) 5*s aren't.

Edit: One of my friends dropped me (probably because I'm lazily rocking a naked Primm for the event). Their loss, so if anyone wants an 828 atk Noctis friend tomorrow hit me up: 911,468,888.

EDarkness

Dude... that was the free friend unit, not the BF collab unit >.> In other words, the wrong maxwell (or maxell if you're paying attention)

What's a Maxell? Never heard of 'em. I guess I've never gotten that character.

EDIT: Oh! That guy. Never knew what that dude's name was. Always sold 'em when I got 'em. My bad.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
There will be 14 non-limited 4* bases, including Leon, in Global by the time this mysterious update happens. There will be 11 non-limited 5* bases, including Emperor, by then. Gumi is gonna have to struggle pretty hard to justify why the (massive number of) 4*s are getting normalized and the (paltry few) 5*s aren't.

That's not hard.

4* and 3* can beat all content, while not breaking the curve.

5* Units are still ahead of the curve and far more desirable.

I want my Odin, dammit! I've been hoarding and buying up from Moogle King megacites like a mofo. Not happy that they separated his star encounters for some dumb reason either. Going to have to wait for another update beyond this next one to get him to 2* :|

robotuw

That's not hard.

4* and 3* can beat all content, while not breaking the curve.

5* Units are still ahead of the curve and far more desirable.

Oh for sure. There are tons of business reasons why it's not a good idea. But, Gumi specifically said it's because there aren't enough 5* bases yet. If we are guessing they are changing the gold crystals and not the rainbows then the difference between "too few" and "enough" is...3.

So, I guess we can expect the rainbow change ~3 weeks after the gold change. /s

Rixa

Me neither, but I don't have Refia. Main squad is Chizzy/Ariana/CoD/Cecil/Rain, all maxed. Would kill for a proper healer.

We are friends right? Do you wan't that I toss my DC Refia for leader?

Vaan (Maximillian armor)
Zidane (Dual wield)
Xiao (Kaiser knuckles)
Maxell (Power shot)

Toss that Power Shot guy away. Its FP unit, you can pull gazillion of them with time and Power Shot is not good.
So add 2 better TM units, give us a list your Lapis Gacha recruits (base 3* or higher rarities).
I was at rank 42 or something when I started doing TM farming. But we didn't have anything else to do on that time (July 2016).

Pejo

Man, it's crazy that these days I'm breathing a sigh of relief when I see an Arena team full of Exdeath/Chiz/Cecils. Hell Even Luneths, Lightnings, and Gregs.

I despise Ling teams. Especially ones that put those evasion materias on her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom