• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nioh |OT| Stamina is Ki

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hybris

Heh, I actually picked up one of those as well, with 15 Lightning. And was it you who wanted a Kusanagi with a transfer ability on it to reduce re-rolling? Cuz I've acquired one of those as well.

And good point about the idling, since I'm very much guilty of the same thing :D

Hey are you around to share your godly katana? Oogled at it a few pages ago.

Silvard

There's something very wrong with this scaling effect. I have 99 magic and over 600 onmyo power, and this is a good 50 points less than something with even B+ scaling (also with 99 in the stat).

Hybris

No, Kusanagi is the one with Change to Attack (Spirit) A. If you wanted a different one, then you're gonna have to get in touch with him, haha.

Ah np, btw what do I do if I load the mission and there are no graves around? I can load other missions and see them, but after my first run I can't see them anymore on that map...

Trakan

If I die wearing them u can get them off my revenant.

Why do people even wear Red Demon set if they don't use fire based weapons? That's the main thing for this set, to use fire based weapons to get +30% damage to enemies on fire. Since each hit puts them on fire you get 30% all the time.

It's light armor, has some of the highest close combat damage, and like 30% ki recovery speed.

Why wouldn't I wear it? :p

There's something very wrong with this scaling effect. I have 99 magic and over 600 onmyo power, and this is a good 50 points less than something with even B+ scaling (also with 99 in the stat).

It really does seem like the effects you can get that are set in stone for certain special weapons end up weaker than effects you can get randomly or through inheritance. Like the Fudo Kuniyuki special fire dual katana have fire element that caps out at 15. But if you just put fire on a non-elemental katana it caps out at 20.

I'll have to work through the missions to get back there in NG+. Would probably have enough by then. I thought there might be a faster way.

There's a way to get infinite amrita from an enemy by getting it stuck in the ground, but the method to do it seems long and inconsistent. I could find the video if you're interested.

RangerBAD

There's a way to get infinite amrita from an enemy by getting it stuck in the ground, but the method to do it seems long and inconsistent. I could find the video if you're interested.

I've seen it and it seemed really slow. I don't mind farming some, but I guess I'll have to get to Demon King level on NG+.

knitoe

Fuck yeah. Those 2 boss battle strong missions were kicking my ass. Was going to rage quit, but rolled / soul match a lvl320 weapon and finished them in short order.

I have a question. My country map shows the the Omni region not full, but when I zoom in, everything has a check mark. What could I be missing? Are Dojo missions included?

Lol, I've been posting a lot in this thread for the past couple days so I was curious and looked at the post count by poster.

fecd6d0e31c64434ae076d856bf91144.png

God DAYUM, Izuna putting in some work. He's over 7% of all the posts currently in the thread.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Demon King Revealed NG+ gives 12-24 million amrita (depending on if you use items) per run.

You can actually reach 80 million per run with the right setup.
----------
Are people any closer to knowing what the best respective base weapons are for each type for best in slot optimization?

N° 2048

Lol, I've been posting a lot in this thread for the past couple days so I was curious and looked at the post count by poster.

God DAYUM, Izuna putting in some work. He's over 7% of all the posts currently in the thread.

Damn Izuna.

I'm still here just lurking hard since I'm playing Nier now. I can see myself playing Nioh weekly just to keep my skills in check for the DLC.

Nioh is top 3 GOTY for me.

RangerBAD

Fuck yeah. Those 2 boss battle strong missions were kicking my ass. Was going to rage quit, but rolled / soul match a lvl320 weapon and finished them in short order.

I have a question. My country map shows the the Omni region not full, but when I zoom in, everything has a check mark. What could I be missing? Are Dojo missions included?

Yeah, some of the veteran missions unlock sub missions on the map.

time to put this one down for now. it was fun for sure.

had a hell of a time in the NG with no summons and no cheese and then made a ridiculously OP/Broken critical state build for ng+ (fuck around time IMO) its a lot of fun but I dont really wanna beat the game fully again.

I can help people if needed tho

Onmyo magic kinda breaks the game if you go heavy on the debuffs and put 15-20 points into magic.

I guess I shouldn't say break - it's more like you can make 3-4 enemies per "shrine visit" absolutely trivial. Including bosses.

I'll probably get my ass handed to me in region 4 or 5 but my build is trivializing bosses up until region 3's big bad.

Silvard

Huh, first time I ever make a wall of shame. I didn't think I'd posted this much about the game.

But yeah, there were times where literally every other post was Izuna. You can tell he hasn't been active because the thread page count has severely slowed down.

Edit: Goddamn, Izuna has almost as many posts in this thread as I have in total.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Onmyo magic kinda breaks the game if you go heavy on the debuffs and put 15-20 points into magic.

I guess I shouldn't say break - it's more like you can make 3-4 enemies per "shrine visit" absolutely trivial. Including bosses.

I'll probably get my ass handed to me in region 4 or 5 but my build is trivializing bosses up until region 3's big bad.

Nah break is pretty apt. But onmyou is not the only way to do it. You can break Nioh in many ways. That's why I think that anyone that says Nioh is harder than Souls actually has no idea what they're talking about. If you can read and theory craft a bit you can trivialize most of Niohs content heck in the end just summon that takes 0 thinking and also trivializes all the content. But here I think is part of the fun of it. It's the perfect Diablo like balance if you pay somewhat attention you can murder everything easily but if you go completely braindead mode you still die.

orkanamn

Banned
I'm on my way to the ogress, if anybody wants to help out the password is "gafgaf". ^^

Edit: oh okay lol I was expecting something more..."bossy". Nvm I should be able to get her on my own.

Really like the Axe "Overload" build that focuses on purposely running out of Ki. Just buff/debuff, then do one or two high stance combos and you're done. You don't see many people with axes running around and I find the ability to not be stunned by simple attacks and break opponents ki easily very refreshing. Sure run slow, though!

Saprol

Epilogue out of the way. Off screen projectiles 😐. So how do i unlock region 4 in way of the strong? I want that magatama. It's like diablo 3 RORG all over again

Dubz

Man you get a lot of Amrita of you co op with randoms. I assume the same is true with friends. You can even die and not lose a hung. Great way to level mid game IMO.

Deku Tree

are there trophy bugs?

I have not gotten credit for beating Gasha-dokuro even though I beat him. Do I have to land the final blow if I was doing co-op?

b33r

Man you get a lot of Amrita of you co op with randoms. I assume the same is true with friends. You can even die and not lose a hung. Great way to level mid game IMO.

Yeah I have been helping lately and the exp is pretty good. Last boss I beat was the ice lady. I always hope for not water level, but I end up getting it a lot... Still love this game!

Jimrpg

So I just got the game. Newb question - I have an axe, should I just put all my skill points into strength or put a little into the other skills like body and dex?

KorrZ

So I just got the game. Newb question - I have an axe, should I just put all my skill points into strength or put a little into the other skills like body and dex?

All of the skills have some use and it doesn't hurt to spread your points around a bit. Its good to put some points into spirit since it unlocks your guardian spirit abilities. Body and Skill are requirements for some armour sets to get their bonuses.

If you're going to be using Ninjitsu or Omnyo then you'll wanna put some points in Dex or Magic respectively.

Jimrpg

All of the skills have some use and it doesn't hurt to spread your points around a bit. Its good to put some points into spirit since it unlocks your guardian spirit abilities. Body and Skill are requirements for some armour sets to get their bonuses.

Ok cool and what is the max number of points I can put into any one stat category?

knitoe

Epilogue out of the way. Off screen projectiles ��. So how do i unlock region 4 in way of the strong? I want that magatama. It's like diablo 3 RORG all over again

You do missions. Check status bar, lower right, when you zoom out on the map. I couldn't wait until then and just did the mission that gave you one accessory. You don't have to fight anyone. Only takes about 1 min to complete. Did take many runs though.

Baalzebup

Hey are you around to share your godly katana? Oogled at it a few pages ago.
I hope you realize that the Onimaru picture I've brought out is the result of some really heavy re-forging and such. It is most certainly mine and I use it as my main weapon, but getting it at that state, instead of the state you would get it from my revenant, cost me almost 8 million. Revenants drops the items in their "natural" state, before any Re-Forging or tranfers or such have been done to them. And never with the +# bonuses nor above lv 150.

So about soul matching.. Um explain? Lol

I just finished umbrella lady and went back to the first mission to level up a bit more. Should I not worry about soul match now? Too early? Cause if anything it looks like it going to be bring my weapons down.

Baalzebup

So about soul matching.. Um explain? Lol

I just finished umbrella lady and went back to the first mission to level up a bit more. Should I not worry about soul match now? Too early? Cause if anything it looks like it going to be bring my weapons down.
Have you actually read what Tome has to say on it subject? She explains it pretty well if you take time to read it. The one thing you are very likely to miss it that Soul Matching sets Familiarity back to 0 and maxed out Familiarity boosts your attack and special abilities quite a bit. If you increase the item level with a relatively small increment, it won't initially make up for the loss in familiarity. But bring the higher item level weapon back to max familiarity and it *will* be more powerful. I'll edit in a few of my more comprehensive posts about Soul Matching a bit later.

So if you want to know more, read this and this and this and this and this and this and... I guess I'm out of relevant posts for now. I probably should compile that shit into some master post at some point.

Yeah i didnt even know about all the starting point options until after i beat the second mission. Soooo i guess i have some reading ahead of me

I've completed every mission on NG+ now except for a couple of Ninja dojo missions that I don't meet the dex requirements for, and probably a couple of twilight missions. The region select has exclamation points next to every region. Is that because of those dojo missions or am I missing something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom