• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney Epic Mickey |OT|

So I am near the end of the game (I think) and I am wondering does anyone know how to
get into the fire station? I gave that gremlin 30 sparks and he told me to go check it out, but it doesn't do anything different...

..what gives?

Lijik

Lavpa Jasai said:
So I am near the end of the game (I think) and I am wondering does anyone know how to
get into the fire station? I gave that gremlin 30 sparks and he told me to go check it out, but it doesn't do anything different...

..what gives?
Thin out the frontside of it, you enter it via the window not the door

Put about 5 hours into the game and im really enjoying it. Ive been trying to explore every nook and cranny the game has to offer. The story and writing is good and actually made me laugh a couple of time. The graphics vary, at times the game can look like shit but most of the time the game looks great, its one of the best looking wii games. The soundtrack is awesome. The controls are decent but would probaly benefit from a better camera.

The paint thiner mechanic is cool but most of the time its used to paint a platform or search for hidden collectables, really wish there was more use like puzzle solving and ect. The battle system is really basic and if done right coulda been great, it doesnt help that there doesnt seem to be many enemy types. I like most of the 2d stuff but wish they would have done less black and white transition levels, and done more that look like when you enter a shop or someones house.

Overall I think you will either love the game or hate it, and hope they give junction point the go ahead to make epic mickey 2 and maybe set it in mickeys universe with characters people are familiar with.

Oh Epic Mickey. What a strange (up and down) journey you have been.

This will probably be a long ass post, just summing up what I thought/felt about this game.

When I first saw the leaked early concept art, my hype went through the roof. I was absolutely smitten with the idea of a dark, twisted steam punk mickey mouse game. Everything about the art looked so damn awesome and unbelievable.

Well as everyone knows as soon as we got the first GI issue reveal, I along with countless others were pretty let down. But I hoped that it was still very early and by the next time it came around it would be better. The next time I saw it (the build with the ink dripping off of mickey) I was hyped again. The game looked great, although it still didn't (and would never) live up to the original concept art (yeah yeah I know concept art is just that - concepts). As the months went on I remained very excited about Epic Mickey and the twisted worlds and forgotten characters it would hold. Then the reviews and impressions started coming in.

I couldn't believe what I was reading. People were saying it was uncontrollable, terrible, clumsy, unpolished mess of a game. People weren't finishing it even and above all else people weren't having fun. Some people said it was a love it or hate it game, some reviews were mixed but overall my hype plummeted again. I figured eh what the hell, I've made it this far, maybe with my super lowered expectations it will blow me away or something.

Cue to me putting the disk in and starting to play. OMG what a slow intro. URRRGHH this is a horrible 2 hour tutorial! Jesus get me out of this castle ect. ect. It seemed like everyone was right. I was just hoping around in one of the its a small world places, no clue what I was doing, or where I was going/supposed to do, the whole first couple hours of the game was a complete mess.

By the time I FINALLY got to mean street I had already encountered what I thought to be several HORRIBLE design decisions. Wait...I can't go BACK through the projectors? I was just exploring why am I punished and failing missions or w/e because I was curious what was behind that wall?

So Mean Street starts to feel finally more like a game. Shops, quests ect. Okay So I talk to a bunch of (almost identical) NPC's, make it to Ostown, and climb up Mickey Junk. Okay so its a little bit better, but I'm still getting frustrated at it, but it was starting to feel a bit like Banjo-Kazooie which I loved so I hung with it.

After I get a million more boring bullshit fetch quests for flowers and ice cream and all sorts of cliche horrible back and forth mind numbing journeys I eventually make it to what was, for me the lowest point in the game - Tomorrow land or world or whatever.

I couldn't believe that all the promise this game had and I'm stuck playing one of the most by the numbers C-list video games ever. I was ready to give up, I hated Tomorrow land that much. It was just every crappy decision the game made up to that point finally hit me and I was so disappointed. At this point I just realized that no matter what, this game couldn't possibly be even a 1/4 of the game I was hoping it could be. There was no way when all was said and done that it could possibly get higher than a 2 out of 5 on my scale. BUT I trudged on.

Then just when I finally was ready to give up, I hit the jungle/venture land and the game just CLICKS. I am starting to have fun. From then on the game becomes much more fun and much less of a chore. Sure there are bits and pieces that are still janky, but I finally accept it for what it is, and better yet, the game just began to gel.

When I finally get to the end game I finally see the "EPIC" in epic mickey come out. Man that was BAD ASS! Such an enjoyable way to finish off one hell of a roller coaster of a game.

The good:
+Honestly, I think this game would have gotten a and extra 2/2.5 points (out of 5) from me JUST for the concept, the art (OMG THE ART) the atmosphere and the absouletly charming story and the locales. I LOVE unlocking and looking through the art. It's just THAT good.

+The soundtrack (I'm still humming that main theme)

+The retro/forgotten characters/worlds ect.

+The Last few EPIC hours

+The painting/thinning mechanic when done right can be awesome

+The potential. Seriously if there is any game that could improve and become A+ level with a sequel its this game.

The Bad:
-The first 35% of the game is a total chore and a absolute drag. It ends up getting better, so I'm glad I stuck with it, but my god what a awful beginning.

-The transition levels. Yes they are cute the first time you go through them but OH MY GOD if I have to do ventureland or Ostown's transition level ever again I am going to pull my hair out.

-All the STUPID fetch quests. I understand you like zelda games Mr. Spector, but holy shit comon. Find a different way to pad your game, or at least make the quests more interesting. Or at least reward me with something more than "glowing spark thing you already have an overabundance of"

-Combat is an absolute CHORE. It was fun to paint my enemies once or twice, after that I just spin jumped them into thinner/a pit or ran by them. Dont even get me started on how annoying the beetleworx were..

-The fact that what you paint/thin isn't persistent. Did you thin all of mean street? Well it dosnt matter, it'll be back to normal next time you jump through the projector!

-The fact that you cant return to some areas/fail quests/miss items for being curious. For a game thats all about creativity and curiosity, they sure have a funny way of rewarding you. "Oh hey you found a door! To bad if you were in the middle of something, we are forcing you to move forward without letting finish anything or have a chance to go back!" I HATE when games don't let you experience everything because they force you to move on. HORRIBLE

-The autosave. Seriously? Yeah sure auto save thats fine thank you, but let me manually save too! I messed up and accidentally thinned the boss when I wanted to paint...lemme just retry and do it the way I want to-NOPE AUTO SAVE NO REDO ENJOY. Dumb.

-I applaud the painting/thinning mechanic for what it is, but I needs to be used in much better ways/more to paint/thin

-The general lack of polish. Seriously? It feels as though this game has been in development forever, by a man with a excellent (so I hear, never played his games) history of amazing games, and probably limitless resources and they pump out relatively mediocre platforming, spotty controls and a shoddy camera? ...the fuck?

-The recycling of NCP's. Seriously? You get unprecedented access into the vaults of Disney history seeing things most people will never have/have had a chance to see and the best you come up with to populate your "world of forgotten characters" is a sepia toned cow, horse and dog?....WHAT THE HELL. I was explaining the game to my parents (the fact that it takes place in a world of forgotten characters) and they set an old book about donald ducks history or something and in the back there was a list of OLD ass cartoon characters I have never even heard of. They told me to look it over and see if any of those faces popped up. But none did. Instead it was just sepia toned dog again. Spector said they made so many of the characters so similar because it was supposed to be a funny sorta joke (all the same/repeat characters were each from a different frame/cel of the cartoon) but they admitted it turned out to not be as clever as they hoped and came across as repetitious. Go figure.

The Bottom Line

Overall I ended up enjoying Epic Mickey, but it was a roller coaster of hate and then enjoyment for most of it. There was no way it was ever going to live up to the original leaked concept art, but for something that seemed like it was in the cooking pot for so long and the way Spector seemed to pour his heart out about it and into it, It seems to have missed the mark due mostly to poor design and a seemingly rushed product. Technically it misses the mark in a few different spots. But for for art, the story, the atmosphere, the concept and the creativity, Epic Mickey really is unmatched.

This game BEGS for a sequel. One that has enough time to correct all the flaws and turn it into the franchise it can be.

I guess I would have to give it a 3/3.5 out of 5

/rant

Vizion28

Banned
Wow, I hate to say it but I'm utterly disappointed in this game. It's just not polished nor fun. I appreciate Warren's passion and love he put into the game but this game needed way more development time. Good thing I rented the game instead of buying it.

Playing this game made me wish Warren made this a completely 2D game a la Mickey Mouse Magical Quest. Man, that game was awesome.

Warren talked about making a Duck Tales game.

Make it happen... but make it a 2D game.

Vizion28 said:
Wow, I hate to say it but I'm utterly disappointed in this game. It's just not polished nor fun. I appreciate Warren's passion and love he put into the game but this game needed way more development time. Good thing I rented the game instead of buying it.

I'm not sure it needed more development time. They had a lot. I think it may be a shining example of the fact that one man's ideas and passion alone cannot make a good game. Though Spector gets a lot of credit for Deus Ex, he also had an excellent team behind him (and Harvey Smith). Junction Point just doesn't seem like they have the gameplay aspect down. At least this time.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Oh, god. What happened here?

Utterly terrible. Just a total abortion. An N64 platformer mixed with the obnoxious notification system and UI intrusion of a modern day licensed trashheap.

I don't think I can tolerate any more of this game.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I tried to play more today as well. Got up to Tomorrowland. It's just icky. Really icky.

apana

Gotta admit that a lot of the negative impressions have held me back from purchasing this game. I will probably still buy it at some point though since there are some people who seem to enjoy it quite a bit.

I bought the game last night but after reading this page...you guys are starting to have me worried.

Oh well, fuck it. I love me some Mickey Mouse. *opens wrapping*

JohngPR

It's one of those games you just have to play for yourself. You'll either like it despite its shortcomings or hate it because of them.

I haven't played this game in over a week. I think I'm going to put it in and play some of it today.

This game was just miserable. I was so sure that this game would be good based on the talent and concept that I was sold a long time ago. The maths don't add up, man. Talent plus concept plus resources equals a messy, soulless, dated platformer? what, no! It could have been so much more.

At least the ears weren't messed up, right?

Amir0x

Banned
tetrisgrammaton said:
So, do people still hate this game?

Yep, looks like they do.

HATE is strong for me. It's a very very disappointing game, I'd say low low average title. The more I reflect the more problems I find I have, and soon enough I'll have no excuses left :(

Two weeks after finishing it, my memory of the game itself is mostly a blur of garish colors and hitchy camera angles. But I still want to see more Oswald and watch all of the old Mickey Mouse cartoons.

So in a completely ass-backwards way, I guess I have to admit it was a successful relaunch of the Mickey Mouse brand!

WillyFive

Why do I have to wait 7 seconds for the camera to pan over to my next objective? Why do I have to hold the A button so long for a cutscene? Why does the game ask me if I want to go into a door that I already walked into?

Hopefully the game is a success to warrant a sequel. So that it can fix those things.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Lavpa Jasai said:

Ouch.

I'm still considering getting this but man...
I have way too many games to play right now, and to instead decide to deliberately suffer through a terrible 40% of a game just to get to the good stuff doesn't seem very appealing :/

Missed opportunity, what a bummer

JEKKI

I started playing this game again after like 2 weeks of not playing this game.

I gotta 1000 of those red things and the game wont let me get anymore... what does that mean?!?!

I dont even kno what the red things do... I thought you collect them and get a 1 up, but apparently u got infinite lives in this game...

Joe Shlabotnik said:
Two weeks after finishing it, my memory of the game itself is mostly a blur of garish colors and hitchy camera angles. But I still want to see more Oswald and watch all of the old Mickey Mouse cartoons.

So in a completely ass-backwards way, I guess I have to admit it was a successful relaunch of the Mickey Mouse brand!

Yeah, the game was a mess, but it had its moments. It had the same effect on me of making me want to see the old cartoons, so I just got the Oswald the Lucky Rabbit dvd set off amazon. Nice set, comes in a tin case, 2 dvds, 13 oswald cartoons, 6 bonus cartoons, a documentary, and when I got it in the mail something was rattling, and it turns out it comes with a little Oswald button too! Very cute. Oswald is a cool character...too bad the game wasted him on a "mad at mickey" angsty plot.

KevinCow

Banned
JEKKI said:
I started playing this game again after like 2 weeks of not playing this game.

I gotta 1000 of those red things and the game wont let me get anymore... what does that mean?!?!

I dont even kno what the red things do... I thought you collect them and get a 1 up, but apparently u got infinite lives in this game...

They're money.

You buy stuff.

Tamanon

Banned
So my girlfriend and I are finally getting a Wii tonight, she's been interested in Epic Mickey just from the commercials. Has never played any videogames past your bejeweled and other puzzle games. Would this game be inpenetrable to her or should she give it a shot?(I'm not interested in it for myself)

AniHawk

Tamanon said:
So my girlfriend and I are finally getting a Wii tonight, she's been interested in Epic Mickey just from the commercials. Has never played any videogames past your bejeweled and other puzzle games. Would this game be inpenetrable to her or should she give it a shot?(I'm not interested in it for myself)

Get her NSMBW and tell her it's Epic Mickey, that the commercials were really misleading.

If you're alive tomorrow, tell me how it went.

Apenheul

Tamanon said:

Hmm tough question. I'm one of the few people on this board who likes this game but I'm not sure whether I can recommend it to someone who's new to gaming (apart from the puzzle genre). Epic Mickey shares elements with 3D platformers, RPGs, and action games albeit at a very accessible level. If she likes Disney very much then her familiarization with the characters and locales might motivate her to get through the game and learn to appreciate different game genres.

This topic has certainly scared me into waiting until I can get this for 20 bucks. The game looks so cool but I was pretty much expecting it to end up like the mess you guys are making it out to be.

Just started, about 3 hours in so far and I like it. It feels like something Rare would've done if they had continued making platformers and dialed down the collecting a bit. The music is great!

Lavpa Jasai said:
Oh Epic Mickey. What a strange (up and down) journey you have been.

This will probably be a long ass post, just summing up what I thought/felt about this game.

When I first saw the leaked early concept art, my hype went through the roof. I was absolutely smitten with the idea of a dark, twisted steam punk mickey mouse game. Everything about the art looked so damn awesome and unbelievable.

Well as everyone knows as soon as we got the first GI issue reveal, I along with countless others were pretty let down. But I hoped that it was still very early and by the next time it came around it would be better. The next time I saw it (the build with the ink dripping off of mickey) I was hyped again. The game looked great, although it still didn't (and would never) live up to the original concept art (yeah yeah I know concept art is just that - concepts). As the months went on I remained very excited about Epic Mickey and the twisted worlds and forgotten characters it would hold. Then the reviews and impressions started coming in.

I couldn't believe what I was reading. People were saying it was uncontrollable, terrible, clumsy, unpolished mess of a game. People weren't finishing it even and above all else people weren't having fun. Some people said it was a love it or hate it game, some reviews were mixed but overall my hype plummeted again. I figured eh what the hell, I've made it this far, maybe with my super lowered expectations it will blow me away or something.

Cue to me putting the disk in and starting to play. OMG what a slow intro. URRRGHH this is a horrible 2 hour tutorial! Jesus get me out of this castle ect. ect. It seemed like everyone was right. I was just hoping around in one of the its a small world places, no clue what I was doing, or where I was going/supposed to do, the whole first couple hours of the game was a complete mess.

By the time I FINALLY got to mean street I had already encountered what I thought to be several HORRIBLE design decisions. Wait...I can't go BACK through the projectors? I was just exploring why am I punished and failing missions or w/e because I was curious what was behind that wall?

So Mean Street starts to feel finally more like a game. Shops, quests ect. Okay So I talk to a bunch of (almost identical) NPC's, make it to Ostown, and climb up Mickey Junk. Okay so its a little bit better, but I'm still getting frustrated at it, but it was starting to feel a bit like Banjo-Kazooie which I loved so I hung with it.

After I get a million more boring bullshit fetch quests for flowers and ice cream and all sorts of cliche horrible back and forth mind numbing journeys I eventually make it to what was, for me the lowest point in the game - Tomorrow land or world or whatever.

I couldn't believe that all the promise this game had and I'm stuck playing one of the most by the numbers C-list video games ever. I was ready to give up, I hated Tomorrow land that much. It was just every crappy decision the game made up to that point finally hit me and I was so disappointed. At this point I just realized that no matter what, this game couldn't possibly be even a 1/4 of the game I was hoping it could be. There was no way when all was said and done that it could possibly get higher than a 2 out of 5 on my scale. BUT I trudged on.

Then just when I finally was ready to give up, I hit the jungle/venture land and the game just CLICKS. I am starting to have fun. From then on the game becomes much more fun and much less of a chore. Sure there are bits and pieces that are still janky, but I finally accept it for what it is, and better yet, the game just began to gel.

When I finally get to the end game I finally see the "EPIC" in epic mickey come out. Man that was BAD ASS! Such an enjoyable way to finish off one hell of a roller coaster of a game.

The good:
+Honestly, I think this game would have gotten a and extra 2/2.5 points (out of 5) from me JUST for the concept, the art (OMG THE ART) the atmosphere and the absouletly charming story and the locales. I LOVE unlocking and looking through the art. It's just THAT good.

+The soundtrack (I'm still humming that main theme)

+The retro/forgotten characters/worlds ect.

+The Last few EPIC hours

+The painting/thinning mechanic when done right can be awesome

+The potential. Seriously if there is any game that could improve and become A+ level with a sequel its this game.

The Bad:
-The first 35% of the game is a total chore and a absolute drag. It ends up getting better, so I'm glad I stuck with it, but my god what a awful beginning.

-The transition levels. Yes they are cute the first time you go through them but OH MY GOD if I have to do ventureland or Ostown's transition level ever again I am going to pull my hair out.

-All the STUPID fetch quests. I understand you like zelda games Mr. Spector, but holy shit comon. Find a different way to pad your game, or at least make the quests more interesting. Or at least reward me with something more than "glowing spark thing you already have an overabundance of"

-Combat is an absolute CHORE. It was fun to paint my enemies once or twice, after that I just spin jumped them into thinner/a pit or ran by them. Dont even get me started on how annoying the beetleworx were..

-The fact that what you paint/thin isn't persistent. Did you thin all of mean street? Well it dosnt matter, it'll be back to normal next time you jump through the projector!

-The fact that you cant return to some areas/fail quests/miss items for being curious. For a game thats all about creativity and curiosity, they sure have a funny way of rewarding you. "Oh hey you found a door! To bad if you were in the middle of something, we are forcing you to move forward without letting finish anything or have a chance to go back!" I HATE when games don't let you experience everything because they force you to move on. HORRIBLE

-The autosave. Seriously? Yeah sure auto save thats fine thank you, but let me manually save too! I messed up and accidentally thinned the boss when I wanted to paint...lemme just retry and do it the way I want to-NOPE AUTO SAVE NO REDO ENJOY. Dumb.

-I applaud the painting/thinning mechanic for what it is, but I needs to be used in much better ways/more to paint/thin

-The general lack of polish. Seriously? It feels as though this game has been in development forever, by a man with a excellent (so I hear, never played his games) history of amazing games, and probably limitless resources and they pump out relatively mediocre platforming, spotty controls and a shoddy camera? ...the fuck?

-The recycling of NCP's. Seriously? You get unprecedented access into the vaults of Disney history seeing things most people will never have/have had a chance to see and the best you come up with to populate your "world of forgotten characters" is a sepia toned cow, horse and dog?....WHAT THE HELL. I was explaining the game to my parents (the fact that it takes place in a world of forgotten characters) and they set an old book about donald ducks history or something and in the back there was a list of OLD ass cartoon characters I have never even heard of. They told me to look it over and see if any of those faces popped up. But none did. Instead it was just sepia toned dog again. Spector said they made so many of the characters so similar because it was supposed to be a funny sorta joke (all the same/repeat characters were each from a different frame/cel of the cartoon) but they admitted it turned out to not be as clever as they hoped and came across as repetitious. Go figure.

The Bottom Line

Overall I ended up enjoying Epic Mickey, but it was a roller coaster of hate and then enjoyment for most of it. There was no way it was ever going to live up to the original leaked concept art, but for something that seemed like it was in the cooking pot for so long and the way Spector seemed to pour his heart out about it and into it, It seems to have missed the mark due mostly to poor design and a seemingly rushed product. Technically it misses the mark in a few different spots. But for for art, the story, the atmosphere, the concept and the creativity, Epic Mickey really is unmatched.

This game BEGS for a sequel. One that has enough time to correct all the flaws and turn it into the franchise it can be.

I guess I would have to give it a 3/3.5 out of 5

/rant

Just popped back in this thread to say awesome write up man!
Completely nailed it

ghostmind

My son got this for Christmas. Let me preface this by saying that he is 5, but he can manage the Super Mario Galaxy titles, and Donkey Kong Country Returns - so he is very proficient with the Wiimote & Nunchuck.

I've been having to help him with this one though - and not because of the reading involved, but because of the worst camera that I have witnessed since the dawn of this generation of consoles, maybe two generations. Holy shit if this is not the most frustrating thing I have played in a long, long time.

I mean, it's like they designed it with a two-stick controller, and then decided to map it to the Wii controller at the last moment. Fucking baffling.

Disguises

Got this for Christmas too. Having great fun with it so far. Had my cousin play through with me for 2 hours or so and had a great time. It's been mentioned many times before, but god dam, the camera is terrible - the ONLY negative thing about this game so far imo. What kills it more is no ability for configuration of the camera (speed, invert X,Y etc). I'll definitely make it to the end due to the positives outweighing the negatives, but can't see me playing it though again, unfortunately, which is a shame. I LOVE the art style, love the twisted characters and the old cartoon side scrolling sections. I just wish the camera was up to scratch :/.

I just died at Mickeyjunk Mountain because a bad camera angle did not show me the bottomless pit I was supposed to jump across, but if this is all there is to the rest of Disney Epic Mickey, then this game is a waste of wonderful ideas marred by bad execution.

This is all stream-of-consciousness because I just shut the Wii off after that death to play something else, but this game is a fucking disappointment and a half. I really want to get through the story, which seems to be the strongest feature this game has to offer, but I hope there's something to look forward to past the annoying transitional 2.5D cartoon levels and the obnoxious fetch quests.

Oh gawd GAF this shit is dreadful.

I got it as a gift. I asked for it or Kirby, my sister got me this.

I'm thinking that because it's a gift, even if it's disappointing I won't be mad but holy shite this game made me physically ill. Starting it I was okay with the camera but damn it doesn't move ever unless you move it...that gave me mad motion sickness.

That plus the constant reminders ( did you know shaking your wiimote will make Mickey Spin? yes? well too bad I will remind you 2000 times), the lack of vo in the awesome cutscenes, and the pure lack of anything to do...shit

The sad part is that because it is a gift I have to play it because otherwise I'd be an ungrateful douchebag..fuuuuuuuuuuu

How do you guys feel about games like Banjo-Tooie and Donkey Kong 64? I'm wondering if the people that don't like Epic Mickey are the same people that didn't like those older platformers.

Sharkington said:
How do you guys feel about games like Banjo-Tooie and Donkey Kong 64? I'm wondering if the people that don't like Epic Mickey are the same people that didn't like those older platformers.

I loved those game ( ...well maybe not DK64) and that was a big reason why I asked for this...but I can't figure out why I am having trouble playing this.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Sharkington said:

Wasn't a big fan of Banjo-Tooie, thought DK64 was a rubbish game, but Banjo-Kazooie was one of my favourite N64 games. I enjoyed it more than Mario 64.

EatChildren said:
Wasn't a big fan of Banjo-Tooie, thought DK64 was a rubbish game, but Banjo-Kazooie was one of my favourite N64 games. I enjoyed it more than Mario 64.

Same here, exactly. The issue here isn't that we don't like old-school platformers.

Sharkington said:

It's nothing like that. I played Banjo Kazooie again as recently as its released on XBLA (and got 200/200 points too) and thought it was still a great game; Donkey Kong 64? not so much. Epic Mickey is a deplorable game even within that mascot platformer subgenre. It falls closer to Donkey Kong 64, though, that game's problems were more in the structure while Epic Mickey's problems go deeper. Despite being a game released in the year 2010, it feels like it's from the mid-90s with early PS1/N64 'just learning how to do 3d games' design.

Penguin

Argh, trying to get back into this game, but missing something in Ventureland I think

I give the pirate back his bag and got the watch sketch, now have to get into the prison, but don't know how to get in? even got all 3 of the keys.

Sharkington said:

I don't see the connection, as Epic Mickey doesn't play anything like those games, and none of them share the same faults. Besides, along with with Kazooie, I adore all of them (the emphasis on collecting in Tooie and DK64 didn't bother me, though Kazooie is my favourite of the three).

Epic Mickey disappointed me immensely. I tried to force myself to keep playing, but lost interest pretty quick. A terrible camera, iffy controls, an underwhelming visual style, and a poor linear structure killed all my interest incredibly quickly.

one_kill

Penguin said:
Argh, trying to get back into this game, but missing something in Ventureland I think

I give the pirate back his bag and got the watch sketch, now have to get into the prison, but don't know how to get in? even got all 3 of the keys.
Thin out the frames of the door to make it fall.

eznark

Banned
Hooked my Wii up to my living room TV to play this but the colors are all washed out. Any clue as to why that would be??

Top Bottom