• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Worst Trends To Ever Catch On

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife wears ballerina flats almost everywhere, but that's mostly because she's six feet tall

I hate the trend of people texting while driving. I don't know if it's really considered a 'trend' but I sure see it everywhere.

KingK

MrPing1000 said:
pregnanttot5mp9.jpg

Fuck you tit curtains, I hate you.

Yes, this is what I was describing earlier in the thread. Fucking ugly clothing right there.

KingK

JodyAnthony said:
My wife wears ballerina flats almost everywhere, but that's mostly because she's six feet tall

I hate the trend of people texting while driving. I don't know if it's really considered a 'trend' but I sure see it everywhere.

I fucking hate people who text while driving. If whatever you're texting about is so important that it can't wait until you reach the destination, just call them. Talking on the phone while driving is at least a helluva lot safer than texting.

HylianTom

Banned
KingK said:
I fucking hate people who text while driving. If whatever you're texting about is so important that it can't wait until you reach the destination, just call them. Talking on the phone while driving is at least a helluva lot safer than texting.

Yep, I've pretty much made my mind up that if a texter ever hits me while they're driving, I'll be taking them to the cleaners in court. I work in the ER and have learned all the right things to say to the doctors as far as post-trauma symptoms are concerned.

Smart phones already annoy the heck out of me to begin with, but while driving..? That's scummy.

Persona7

Banned
JodyAnthony said:
Every time I think about people texting while driving I remember this one person I saw going 70+ down the highway, reading a book.
I saw a guy texting while riding his bike

he was riding forward without his hands on the handlebars and he bumped a curb flipped over and ate shit

I know I was beaten, but fake 'cute NeRd omg!11!<3" eyeglasses...
I've got horrible eyesight, and I have semi-large glasses, and everyone asks me where I got them so they can get a pair...

itxaka

Defeatist
Holy shit, so much hate in gaf.

You guys gotta take it easy. Just laugh at people wearing or doing what you don't like, no point in getting mad lol

In no particular order:
Facebook
Twitter
Youtube
Apple
Baggy Jeans
Sagging (God, it's a disgrace)
Dubstep
Emo
Sadomasochism (Pleasure from pain)
Gaming Journalism
The Big bang
Evolution
and about a billion other things.

Dollar Yen

Neo Member
- That whole "bigger is better" junk food you Americans pawned off on your hat :p

- Booty showing pants in males who believe it's "gang culture" when really it's more homosexual than Ru Paul presenting To Wong Foo: Thanks For Everything, Julie Numar in HD with him in Hello Kitty Flip Flops.

wallets attached to chains
skinny jeans
shirts with witty quotes on them, and some with full paragraph's of crap
Jnco jeans....even though i had em on in middle school :p
flat billed hats with stickers on em
popped collars

Derrick01

Banned
People who are closer to 40 than 30 who are still dressing and acting like jersey shore douchebags and trolling for ass at clubs...like my brother! It's time to grow up. He can't even have the douchey hair they have because he's so old he's going bald so he had to shave it :lol

I agree with the majority of things mentioned too. Not a fan of this generation and their trends. One thing I'll add were those damn walkie talkie phones a few years ago. Every obnoxious douchebag felt like using those in public made them feel awesome.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Pretty much anything you would see on mtv.

Chest tats on women.

I'm fine with most tatoos, but the chest tat is perhaps the greatest crime against fashion since the flame decal.

Davey Cakes

ReturnOfTheRAT said:
Flats or Ballerina shoes that women wear.

Ex.

shopping-shoes-0108-2-med.jpg
Well, they're better than high heels.

As I've grown older I've realized how absolutely ridiculous high heeled shoes are for women, especially when the heel is REALLY high. Honestly, are they supposed to be appealing? Are they supposed to look sexy? Most women look ridiculous when they struggle to walk properly in these damn things, and when they're on the dance floor with them they just look extremely awkward. Flats on the other hand look like they're slightly uncomfortable but MUCH more practical for all around use.

I'm just the kind of guy who appreciates the combination of style and practicality. Flats have this combo. Heels don't, and again I've only realized this as I've matured over the years. A little extra flex in the leg muscles and buttocks is not enough for me to disregard how silly it looks when someone is basically walking on tip toes everywhere. Is it just me?

Then again, I will say that one of my biggest pet peeves is when women wear flat shoes and you can see their toe lines. Don't know why it bugs me so much. It just looks better when a shoe covers up pretty much every aspect of the foot.

TheExodu5

Banned
No way. High heels with a nice open toe can be really hot. Make them strappy for added hotness.

Otherwise, leather boots can be pretty hot as well.

NewFresh

I am full of hate towards my generation
antares_autotune_EFX.jpg

Kesha-05-1.jpg

pants1.jpg

Apple products popularity, not because of quality, but because now everything is compared to them even when it does not apply.
21wDhqkpAgL.jpg

Lately these "glasses" are EVERYWHERE
Texting as an alternative to calling. Texting is fine, just not all the time
What 12 y/o girls wear

cacophony

People are still hating on skinny jeans? They are so much more comfortable than baggy jeans that flop around when you walk. They look better too.

Cousteau

Starbucks.

I know a few people who don't really love coffee but they hang around at work with people who do and thus love Starbucks. And they go get their java everyday just so they won't look out of place with the cool kids.

I smack these people every chance I get.

Comic book movies. Dear geeks, you're supposed to be the intellectual demographic. Stop liking hackneyed genre trash. Pay more attention to Cannes than whatever garbage Nolan/JJ Abrams/Bay/etc etc etc are pumping out every summer. And fucking nuke Comic Con for the good of culture.

GTP_Daverytimes said:
In no particular order:
Facebook
Twitter
Youtube
Apple
Baggy Jeans
Sagging (God, it's a disgrace)
Dubstep
Emo
Sadomasochism (Pleasure from pain)
Gaming Journalism