• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LIMBO coming to PSN

Jomjom

Banned
No thanks, you choose timed exclusivity, you lose my purchase. Make the right decision and do multiplat at launch.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Yes please, gimme gimme gimme

manzo

Gustav said:
Played the Xbox 360 version for about 5 minutes, than saw a child getting beheaded and turned it off. Will never touch this sick game again.

Ahahahaha

Now this one is a real keeper! :D

jling84 said:
No thanks, you choose timed exclusivity, you lose my purchase. Make the right decision and do multiplat at launch.
Seems like indie developers need things like 'Summer of Arcade' to be successful.

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
jling84 said:
I assume by this statement of such strong conviction, that you do not buy PS3 exclusives/time exclusives either?

I can't wait the day you guys buy the game... Some of you guys are going to remember my comment and say: "Well, fuck... Fernando Rocker was right".

Juan29.zapata said:
Great news, I will be getting it when it finally releases on PSN. Now I just need Shadow Complex.
God fucking hell Epic, couldn't you find another publisher that wasn't Microsoft for this game?

I always find it annoying when people want a game, like Shadow Complex (where Macro$haft was the publisher) to be ported over to another console, when there is no way that it ever would.

The only reason LA Noire is on the 360 is because Sony dropped it part-way through because it was too damned expensive, and they couldn't make a profit if it was just released on PS3.

K' Dash

Gustav said:
Played the Xbox 360 version for about 5 minutes, than saw a child getting beheaded and turned it off. Will never touch this sick game again.

347803363_pghtX-L-2.jpg

Say, what do you think of Ninja Gaiden?

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Fernando Rocker said:
I can't wait the day you guys buy the game... Some of you guys are going to remember my comment and say: "Well, fuck... Fernando Rocker was right".

But what if I like it? Can I get to give you a title? :p

By the way, have you played Braid?

NinjaBoiX

Gustav said:
I'm sure there wasn't. Still find it in unnecessary and more importantly in poor taste.

Would love to see some of the people reacting to my post argue in favor of displaying child mutilation, though. Or any form of explicit mutilation for that matter. Always wondered what's so great about it.
That might be a bit of an exaggeration. Don't get me wrong, if you're against the violence in the game, that's completely understandable. But I wouldn't say a silhouetted cartoon kid's head coming off to a tiny spurt of blood classes as "explicit mutilation".
It is undoubtably a violent game, but not gratuitously so.

-NinjaBoiX- said:
WTTP PSN GAF! Limbo is incredible, I'm my top three downloadable games.
It really is an amazing title. There was a rumour it was also coming to PC, as a trailer leaked on Steam. I played through Limbo on my friends 360 and loved it, so I'll definatley be revisiting on either PC or PS3 later this year.

BeeDog

This game sure looks great, but I pray it doesn't turn out to be some boring artsy-fartsy game like Flower or Braid, two games I didn't find mindblowing. :p

Carl said:
They've had quite a lot of PSN exclusives. Pub Fund seems to work really well for them and a lot of developers go for it.

Most PSN exclusives are subpar and never really become popular or generate amazing sales, though. The best ones are the few ones that Sony owns the IP to or are involved in, like Wipeout, Flower, etc, and they still don't hold much against many XBLA exclusives. Microsoft really hit it out of the ball park in regards to their digital library, though, and also advertise it well (it's too bad they don't mention XBLA at E3 or anywhere else. Sad, really). Developers, especially ones starting off, seem to take to XBLA because it generates the most digital sales on consoles by a longshot, ESPECIALLY if it's lucky enough to get into Summer of Arcade or Gamefeast, because Microsoft advertises it then.

I mean, this year already has been very good for XBLA and then there is:

Trenched (released last week, Doublefine dev'd, MS owns IP)
Half Minute Hero (released today..why the fuck isn't this on PSN?)
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet
Ms. Splosion Man
Fez
Radiant Silvergun
Toy Soldiers 2
Bastion (isn't this also PC? someone clarify)
Trials Evolution
Crimson Alliance
Spelunky HD
fuck, even Minecraft is coming to XBLA 2011.
Guardian Heroes also but not sure if that'll come to PSN depending on sales

Then you have the upcoming MMOs on XBLA like DFO and Class3 (or is it 4?), and the highly likely Torchlight 2.

Well, there's Journey. But Sony needs to step it up IMO.

Infamous Chris said:
Most PSN exclusives are subpar and never really become popular or generate amazing sales, though.
None of this really speaks to how good Pub Fund is for developers, though, it's just more examples of Microsoft's aggressive pursuit of exclusives. I wish I could remember why the Joe Danger devs chose to go with Pub Fund.

psykomyko

Freedom = $1.05 said:
Enjoy the first half and then turn it off. You'll have played one of the best games ever.
I would agree with this. This game had potential to be my favorite game ever had it explored its world and actually had a story to it.

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
whalleywhat said:
None of this really speaks to how good Pub Fund is for developers, though, it's just more examples of Microsoft's aggressive pursuit of exclusives. I wish I could remember why the Joe Danger devs chose to go with Pub Fund.
I can't comment on the details of Pub Fund, but somebody posted a chart in another thread, that I can't for the life of me find, that showed the sales of digital games and points cards for all three systems and the Xbox 360 one was so ridiculously above the other two. Even if you over (or under) play Microsoft's actual approach in securing exclusives, it wouldn't be surprising to see these small developers want to focus on XBLA first as that seems to be where the money is. And a lot of them are probably too small to develop multi-platform, so they have to make that choice.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
whalleywhat said:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=401038

Mario said:
According to Microsoft, developers can't and have never been able to self publish. If they allow a developer to release their title on XBLA, they consider themselves the publisher, even if they don't provide any funding, contribute nothing to development, and don't do anything other than the minimum standard promotion.

In practical terms, having Microsoft "publish" your title on XBLA is the same as self publishing on PS3, though the logistics of approvals definitely distinguish the 2 platforms.

It's also sad that publishers didn't want this game and a number of them had dumb reasons such as:

”Collecting giant coins feels unrealistic to me”

”We want games that are less about fun right now”

whalleywhat said:

I remember it being a stupid reason, though (or something stupid regarding the PR). Also, Sony was fucking retarded to pass up Super Meat Boy while I think Microsoft was fucking retarded to pass up Machinarium.

Amish_Gramish said:
Macro$haft

PS Network User ID:
Amish_Gramish
Business Owner, thatgamecompany Community Manager

Wat.

ULTROS!

Infamous Chris said:
PS Network User ID:
Amish_Gramish

Wat.

Whoopsies. :p

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Embarrassing... and I fucking love fl0w/flower

see5harp

Amish Gramish was just getting tired of the indie lovefest that he works for felt the need to get ignant for an afternoon.

GABDEG

Amish_Gramish said:
I always find it annoying when people want a game, like Shadow Complex (where Macro$haft was the publisher) to be ported over to another console, when there is no way that it ever would.

The only reason LA Noire is on the 360 is because Sony dropped it part-way through because it was too damned expensive, and they couldn't make a profit if it was just released on PS3.
Journey for 360 plox.

tzare

Princess Skittles said:
I can't comment on the details of Pub Fund, but somebody posted a chart in another thread, that I can't for the life of me find, that showed the sales of digital games and points cards for all three systems and the Xbox 360 one was so ridiculously above the other two. Even if you over (or under) play Microsoft's actual approach in securing exclusives, it wouldn't be surprising to see these small developers want to focus on XBLA first as that seems to be where the money is. And a lot of them are probably too small to develop multi-platform, so they have to make that choice.

in the US. it was a NPD article.

WW i'm sure XBLA still leads, but the gap will not be as big as it is in USA.

Most PSN exclusives are subpar and never really become popular or generate amazing sales, though.
i disagree, about that subpar thing. About popularity, that is something debatable, as forum hype distorts reality sometimes. As for sales, sure, XBLA has the edge, but i am sure PSN gets the job done too, if it didn't publishers wouldn't have complained about PSN being down or would not make games for the service.

You people make it seem like he made a mistake. Isn't it ok to voice one's opinion about the practices of a rival company? Obviously the decorum is lacking but i see no problem with it.

Anyways, on topic. I played limbo at a friends house for about 10 minutes and wasnt particularly impressed. It's a platformer. I've played countless platformers. It's only hook is that it's dark? Why would i play this over super mario or little big planet? Definately not in a big rush to pay full price for it either. Maybe 3 bucks on sale down the road

Amish_Gramish said:

Thatgamecompany made three games exclusively for PSN, right? Does this mean you guys are ready to go multiplatform now?

Abooie

Banned
I always thought Thatgamecompany had just sold out to Sony. Now I realise it's really all down to fervent fanboyism. That$onygamecompany

LosDaddie

Banned
BeeDog said:
This game sure looks great, but I pray it doesn't turn out to be some boring artsy-fartsy game like Flower or Braid, two games I didn't find mindblowing. :p

It's a puzzle game where keeping the boy alive is the goal. Other than replay value (there is none), I had no complaints with LIMBO. Great game, but a little overpriced. Like I said earlier, I'm glad I waited for the 50% off XBL sale.

Infamous Chris said:
PS Network User ID:
Amish_Gramish

Wat.

:lol How embarrassing.

Onion_Relish said:
You people make it seem like he made a mistake. Isn't it ok to voice one's opinion about the practices of a rival company? Obviously the decorum is lacking but i see no problem with it.

You'd hope a Community Manager wouldn't act like a fanboy on Gamespot, but hey, whatcha going to do?

Top Bottom