• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Marvel vs Capcom: Hype Train to Comic Con; Now Boarding! Lupinko @ post 500+

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr. puppy

Banned
what the hell does this mean:

"You know combining orange juice and chocolate milk actually makes a great drink, I recommend it, gives you the boost and nutrition"

mr. puppy said:

"You know combining orange juice and chocolate milk actually makes a great drink, I recommend it, gives you the boost and nutrition"
My guess is either he was just talking random shit or it's someone with a brown/orange costume.

Edit: Wait a min...Juggernaut?

Skilletor

SonicMegaDrive said:
So, would X be able to take the ability of his opponents in-battle, like Kirby or something? Or transform in the middle of battle into a different suit of armor?

I mean, that all sounds cool, but I still feel it's redundant to have two characters from one series, and have none from the other.

Does Megaman have the ability to take opponent's abilities in battle? He might be able to transform into different armor. Different armor in the X games gave him different movement options. Gliding/air dashing. One armor might even give him super armor, which would be pretty cool.

X is a Megaman from the future. He's Megaman 2.0. When Megaman beats a boss, he gets that boss' ability. Same with X.

I don't care whether or not you think it's redundant to have two characters from one series. Nevermind the fact that most of the pairings in this game are from one series (RE, DMC, Street Fighter). I'm just pointing out the silliness of saying X and Zero would be the same.

Dacon

Banned
mr. puppy said:

Couldn't you mix juice with chocolate milk in dead rising and it would make you run faster? Or am I remembering things wrong?

Skilletor said:
Does Megaman have the ability to take opponent's abilities in battle? He might be able to transform into different armor. Different armor in the X games gave him different movement options. Gliding/air dashing. One armor might even give him super armor, which would be pretty cool.

X is a Megaman from the future. He's Megaman 2.0. When Megaman beats a boss, he gets that boss' ability. Same with X.

I don't care whether or not you think it's redundant to have two characters from one series. Nevermind the fact that most of the pairings in this game are from one series (RE, DMC, Street Fighter). I'm just pointing out the silliness of saying X and Zero would be the same.

Yeah, it just sounds like a waste of time, unless you have a particular fondness for that particular version of the character for some reason.

If you're going to put Megaman in the game, you might as well put the original in there. He's more recognizable and far more interesting. But that's just my opinion.

Chavelo

Dacon said:
Couldn't you mix juice with chocolate milk in dead rising and it would make you run faster? Or am I remembering things wrong?

Nectar is the orange mixed drink that heals six health blocks and attracts a Queen after it is drank. In Dead Rising 2, the nectar can be combined with a queen to create a Wingman.

RECIPES
Orange Juice + Orange Juice
Orange Juice + Beer
Orange Juice + Milk

Orange Juice + Beer
Orange Juice + Milk

Orange Juice + Milk

Orange Juice + Milk

mother-of-god-super-troopers.jpg

Skilletor

SonicMegaDrive said:
Yeah, it just sounds like a waste of time, unless you have a particular fondness for that particular version of the character for some reason.

If you're going to put Megaman in the game, you might as well put the original in there. He's more recognizable and far more interesting. But that's just my opinion.

I don't see how you can say he's far more interesting when, apparently, you know nothing about X.

Skilletor said:
I don't see how you can say he's far more interesting when, apparently, you know nothing about X.

I know everything about X. I've played every game to completion. Shit, I even have a little figure of the character that just recently came out.

I still think the original Mega man is more of an interesting character to put in the game. Why is that a problem for you?

Dacon said:
I think it was cream and OJ but I want to believe.

EDIT: nm lol

Skilletor

SonicMegaDrive said:
I know everything about X. I've played every game to completion. Shit, I even have a little figure of the character that just recently came out.

I still think the original Mega man is more of an interesting character to put in the game. Why is that a problem for you?

It isn't a problem for me. :)

Just going by your comments, is all.

WAIT HOLD UP WHAT'S GOING ON HERE

WHY DID NO ONE PM ME ABOUT THE NEWS.

WHAT IS THIS FEELING COMING OVER ME I FEEL IT ALL AROUND ME

ojiycreliv595ve.jpg

kfc_logo_file_www_ComVort.png

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
GuardianE said:
Is it someone you personally know?

No offense, but we may as well cite gamefaqs then. If the source is wrong, then the reputation should be ruined, no?

Sorry for bringing up old wound, but now you see. Lupinko basically teased Phoenix Wright, so we have a second source now.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
mr. puppy said:
FRANK WEST CONFIRMED.

NERF FRANK WEST.
I'd rather me some Frank West, but expect some Chuck Greene with a Frank West alt that is so obvious and will never show up. See: Spencer with Rearmed alt.

Skilletor said:
It isn't a problem for me. :)

Just going by your comments, is all.

Well, you're obviously taking my opinion a little too seriously if your petty insults and little snarky remarks are anything to go by.

Yes, in the original games, X and Zero play very much alike. They are, after all, from the same game.

That's why I think a Mega Man character from the original game(or shit, even EXE, even though I dislike that franchise) would be a better choice than just another X character. Zero does well to represent the 'X' franchise as a whole. And I think that's enough.

I'm very sorry that bothers you so much.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
IntelliHeath said:
Sorry for bringing up old wound, but now you see. Lupinko basically teased Phoenix Wright, so we have a second source now.
Wait I missed this. Where is this PW tease from Lupinko?

Chavelo said:
you guys have never had orange juice + milk?

Don't get the cheap Orange Juice. Tropicana or bust on your mom's face.

Mix it together until the color is peach. Add some Vanilla Extract. Continue to mix. Add some sugar. Continue to mix.

Then you have one of the most bitchin' combinations ever.

RavenFox

Banned
mr. puppy said:

Morir Sonando is the name. Spanish beverage of champions.

I really don't like it myself but some folks start the day with it.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
IntelliHeath said:
He tweeted it in japanese.
Well, it's become a hype! Isuzu (`_

?!

Is there a non-google translated version of this that implies PW instead of a motor vehicle for MvC3?

.la1n

I know it's impossible to wish away x-factor but guess what guys? We get Street Fighter III w/ online and arcade perfect, let's do this thang.

On topic, I would love to see what they do with Strider in the game. Would LOVE EVEN MORE if they made a new strider game period.

.la1n said:
I know it's impossible to wish away x-factor but guess what guys? We get Street Fighter III w/ online and arcade perfect, let's do this thang.

On topic, I would love to see what they do with Strider in the game. Would LOVE EVEN MORE if they made a new strider game period.
Arcade perfect? The purists are up-in-arms about the port using console Aegis Reflector colors.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
enzo_gt said:
Well, it's become a hype! Isuzu (`_

?!

Is there a non-google translated version of this that implies PW instead of a motor vehicle for MvC3?

Yes. It translated Norhuaru(something like that) which is Japanese name for PW.

_dementia said:
Arcade perfect? The purists are up-in-arms about the port using console Aegis Reflector colors.
I didn't believe it until I saw the bitching. I never knew purists could be so extreme.

IntelliHeath said:
Yes. It translated Norhuaru(something like that) which is Japanese name for PW.
Naruhodo. Which also means, "I see."

Skilletor

SonicMegaDrive said:
Well, you're obviously taking my opinion a little too seriously if your petty insults and little snarky remarks are anything to go by.

Yes, in the original games, X and Zero play very much alike. They are, after all, from the same game.

That's why I think a Mega Man character from the original game(or shit, even EXE, even though I dislike that franchise) would be a better choice than just another X character. Zero does well to represent the 'X' franchise as a whole. And I think that's enough.

I'm very sorry that bothers you so much.

You're looking too deep if you think I'm bothered. Passing time at work. You continue to make comments that contradict themselves. You've played all the games, but you think Zero plays like X?

I think the first game where Zero had a substantial role was X4, and Zero and X played nothing at all alike. They only grew apart with each sequel. The one game where X had the Z-Saber, he could only swing it once. He used it primarily to break blocks.

I think you could play as Zero for a limited amount of time in X3. He probably played pretty close to X in that game. I forget, it's been awhile. If that was your only exposure to a playable Zero (and it shouldn't be, since you say you've played them all), I can see how you would think Zero and X are the same. If you've played any X game after 3, then I don't see how you continue to say this. And, as you say, you've played them all.

spindashing said:
I didn't believe it until I saw the bitching. I never knew purists could be so extreme.
I think the FUD comes from the possibility they're using the console base from Anniversary Edition and attempting to recreate the arcade glitches instead of just using the Arcade version as the base.

No idea if that' true or not, we'll find out in August.

Skilletor said:
You're looking too deep if you think I'm bothered. Passing time at work. You continue to make comments that contradict themselves. You've played all the games, but you think Zero plays like X?

I think the first game where Zero had a substantial role was X4, and Zero and X played nothing at all alike. They only grew apart with each sequel. The one game where X had the Z-Saber, he could only swing it once. He used it primarily to break blocks.

I think you could play as Zero for a limited amount of time in X3. He probably played pretty close to X in that game. I forget, it's been awhile. If that was your only exposure to a playable Zero (and it shouldn't be, since you say you've played them all), I can see how you would think Zero and X are the same. If you've played any X game after 3, then I don't see how you continue to say this. And, as you say, you've played them all.

Here, I'll make this real easy for you:

X does not play differently enough from Zero to warrant inclusion in the game over another character from the overall Mega Man franchise that might have a completely unique and far more interesting moveset.

But mostly because X himself just isn't very interesting, period.

And that's all I have to say.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
_dementia said:
I'm not giving up hope.
Seriously, I think alt costumes are a quick cash grab for devs from consumers, but the potential with both sides is near infinite. So much of the sales will come from nostalgia and fanboyism. I would jump on them instantly if they added alt colours and made them actual costumes for selection rather than colour 5. Just that and IM not getting the costume I wanted are holding me back now.

RiderKairuu said:
Just saw lupinkos latest tweet...Juggernaut? Maybe im looking too much into it
I've said it before and I'll say it again.
Juggernaut = day -1

that is, I'll hunt mom & pop stores in an attempt to get it URLEY

Skilletor

SonicMegaDrive said:

X does not play differently enough from Zero to warrant inclusion in the game over another character from the overall Mega Man franchise that might have a completely unique and far more interesting moveset.

And, as I've been saying all along, I disagree. X and Zero are as different as Ryu and Bison.

If all you had said was, "I like Mega Man more than X" we wouldn't be having this conversation. But since the two are nothing at all alike, and only a person who hasn't played the games could say something like "Yes, in the original games, X and Zero play very much alike. They are, after all, from the same game." Like how Roll and Megaman are from the same game, so they must play alike. I guess.

This is a discussion board, afterall. I'm a huge fan of Megaman games, and so question statements like yours.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
RiderKairuu said:
Just saw lupinkos latest tweet...Juggernaut? Maybe im looking too much into it
It's 11am and my mind is melting in this chem class. The Kylie minogue tweet? What is that referencing?

Niitsuma wanted Juggs over Sent anyways, but caved into fanservice. I would put Juggs into the "likely" category of DLC characters.

Skilletor said:
And, as I've been saying all along, I disagree. X and Zero are as different as Ryu and Bison.

If all you had said was, "I like Mega Man more than X" we wouldn't be having this conversation. But since the two are nothing at all alike, and only a person who hasn't played the games could say something like "Yes, in the original games, X and Zero play very much alike. They are, after all, from the same game." Like how Roll and Megaman are from the same game, so they must play alike. I guess.

This is a discussion board, afterall. I'm a huge fan of Megaman games, and so question statements like yours.

X and Zero are as different as Sonic and Knuckles.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
spindashing said:
WAIT HOLD UP WHAT'S GOING ON HERE

WHY DID NO ONE PM ME ABOUT THE NEWS.

WHAT IS THIS FEELING COMING OVER ME I FEEL IT ALL AROUND ME

ojiycreliv595ve.jpg

I have been listening the fuck out of this album, recently. It's kinda made me want to seek out the Wu Tang fighting game (you know, the one that Thrill Kill turned into).

Super MvC3 obviously needs ODB and Raekwon as unlockables. ;P

MrMephistoX

SonicMegaDrive said:

Although I'd prefer classic Megaman it would probably easier to go with an X base and give him a classic alt than going the other way around.

Niitsuma wanted Juggs over Sent anyways, but caved into fanservice.
He caved to "Marvel not letting him have the character", not fanservice.

How are people getting Juggernaut from the Kylie Monogue tweet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom