• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Marvel vs Capcom: Hype Train to Comic Con; Now Boarding! Lupinko @ post 500+

Status
Not open for further replies.

.la1n

Squirrel Girl, come on Capcom you know you want to...or want to persuade Marvel to I should say. I really do love these games but always end up going back to MvC2...competitive players or going to need more than just new characters - we need x-factor nerfed or gone and a shit ton of tweaks to the overpowered characters. Spectator mode, VS CPU, standard stuff really.

Kurtofan said:
When are we getting confirmation for all of this?
I can't wait!!!

hint hint: 99.9% sure this is happening so there ya go.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Souther said:
This stupid character makes the list but THING does not? Wow people are retarded. Seriously.....Squirrel Girl....
Super Skrull > Eventual Hulk Clone

oh my god its the morning after and I'm already going into leak withdrawal.

Mista Koo

I always wanted them to combine Cyclops with Hayato, add in an objection and a mug projectile and BAAAM IT'S GODOT!

Bjoern the Smexy said:
These character HAVE to be in or no dip:

• Sissel
    [*]Phoenix Wright
  • Ruby Heart
  • Amingo
  • Strider
    [*]Dan FUCKING Hibiki

Do it Capcom!
Lets be friends <3

qq more said:
Am I the only one who wants Classic Mega Man over Mega Man X any day? I don't care if X himself was never in a fighter, just as long as they put CLASSIC Mega Man then I'm fine. It just feels so unfair that the character that started it all (all as in his franchise) gets excluded.
Me too.
Although I think having MegaMan.exe and Proto Man sounds more interesting.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Wolfgunblood Garopa said:
Phoenix Wright is worse. Annoying gamer culture 'Objection! The cake is a lie! lulz' mentality.
If your implying Objection is some sort of overwrought staple of a series like The Cake Is A Lie, or even if your implying Objection is some sort of meme anyways, your quite wrong.

That said most people's impression of PW is that "He's the guy that says objection right? That's all he does right?" anyways.

h3ro

I was never anything beyond a casual MvC2 player, so pardon my ignorance, but a question regarding Iceman.

I'm seeing lots of "so *random character* will be the next Iceman..." posts. Anyone care to explain? Was Iceman a character that got slept on in MvC2? OP at launch but figured out easily?

Thanks in advance.

WOOP.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
h3ro said:
I was never anything beyond a casual MvC2 player, so pardon my ignorance, but a question regarding Iceman.

I'm seeing lots of "so *random character* will be the next Iceman..." posts. Anyone care to explain? Was Iceman a character that got slept on in MvC2? OP at launch but figured out easily?
Perceived to be broken at launch, became inconsequential once the game started really developing.

Grecco

The Wizard that our dear friend Lupinko talks about, is he Dr Strange ,or is it Mandarin? (wears green robes, has 12 rings)

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
That nukka from godhand better be in here boyee.

I want to spank my enemies into submission.

robot

Grecco said:
The Wizard that our dear friend Lupinko talks about, is he Dr Strange ,or is it Mandarin? (wears green robes, has 12 rings)
I have a strong feeling it's doc strange.

lupinko Lance Lingos
of jello? it's like some sort of wizardry or something like dat
6 hours ago

lupinko Lance Lingos
so i was wondering, do they still make jello commercials? i mean isn't it amazing that there green and blue and all other wacky colours
6 hours ago
Bill Cosby confirmed!

lupinko Lance Lingos
don't be a foo and stay in schoo
7 hours ago
Mr. T confirmed!

lupinko Lance Lingos
You know combining orange juice and chocolate milk actually makes a great drink, I recommend it, gives you the boost and nutrition
5 hours ago

lupinko Lance Lingos
this faucet ain't always leaky, just sayin'
5 hours ago

lupinko Lance Lingos
too bad that guy didn't allow john to get dem aids, smh no more aegis reflector
5 hours ago
???

Lemme jump on this hype train right quick

CHOO CHOOOOO

Strider and Doctor Strange have gotten me hyped even though I thought I was done with Marvel. Damn you Capcom!

MThanded

Wish list
-Lil B
-Bill Clinton
-Katy Perry
-Ochocinco
-Mario
-Keyser Soze
-Samuel L. Jackson
-Snakes from the plane
-Michael Jackson
-Casey Anthony's lawyer
-Malcolm X
-Mark Zuckerberg
-Facebook Venture Capitalist
-President Taft
-Steve Jobs
-The guy rapping in the t-mobile commercial
-Lebron Jame's hairline
-Chris Bosh's fiance
-Omar from The Wire

If the cast list does not include all of these I won't be buying
urrrlay

h3ro said:

Thanks in advance.

WOOP.
Iceman's thing was that he was the only character who didn't take chip damage. He'd be a Phoenix killer, lolz

MThanded

_dementia said:
Iceman's thing was that he was the only character who didn't take chip damage. He'd be a Phoenix killer, lolz
Iceman confirmed.

m-night-shyamalan.jpg

The only 2 things I've learned from this thread are Strider's in and there's a whole lot of people who won't be playing Super. But why?

You're wishing for the demise of X-Factor right? Not gonna happen. More likely than not characters will get nerfed because of what X-Factor does for them and not the mechanic itself. X-Factor is fine just the way it is. It's just that intelligent players have found a way to make it work for them and those who actually need Level 3 to even the playing field have it too. Comeback mechanics are just what they are comeback mechanics. I really think they should just have an option to turn it off to appease both parties but that may just splinter the community anyway. So that may do more harm than good but having the option just makes it fair for those who don't wanna deal with it.

If (Insert Character Here) isn't in then I'm not buying? (Sarcasm) Of course that's the case. When it comes to this type of stuff nobody is ever happy when the smoke clears. So you can wishlist all you want but you know for a fact some of what you wish for isn't gonna happen. And you know deep inside your gonna buy the game no matter what so just be easy and enjoy what's there.

(Insert Character Here) is so fucking godlike/or just unplayable and can't compete so where's DAT NERF KING/BUFF QUEEN when you need them? I have no doubt that Super will see to this but you're asking for balance in a VS game where there rarely is any and that's not gonna change anytime soon. It's gonna get right a little but it's still gonna be chaotic no matter what happens. And as long as what was done to Sentinel is never repeated I think we should be good. It just proves that you have to learn to adapt and deal and not cry that you're getting raped by Sentinel because not only does he gets dealt with on a regular basis now which proves that taking 300K was a stupid knee jerk decision to keep that money printing. It also proves that if Super is gonna do this they need to be really careful on making decisions like that.

The words for this thread are REALISTIC and EXPECTATIONS. If you don't have both and the combination of the two you will be disappointed at whatever this may become.

ReXXXSoprano said:
The words for this thread are REALISTIC and EXPECTATIONS. If you don't have both and the combination of the two you will be disappointed at whatever this may become.
You misspelled HYPE and TRAIN.

MThanded

ReXXXSoprano said:
No room for logic in this thread.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Wow, dont get hope too high on those cryptic messages for Batsu and Dr. Strange. It could meant something else.

stay in school could meant rival school or young avenger or Avenger Academy.

Wizardry could be Loki, Enchantess, Dr.Strange, Manadin and etc.

aaaaaa

ReXXXSoprano said:
You're wishing for the demise of X-Factor right? Not gonna happen. More likely than not characters will get nerfed because of what X-Factor does for them and not the mechanic itself. X-Factor is fine just the way it is. It's just that intelligent players have found a way to make it work for them and those who actually need Level 3 to even the playing field have it too. Comeback mechanics are just what they are comeback mechanics. I really think they should just have an option to turn it off to appease both parties but that may just splinter the community anyway. So that may do more harm than good but having the option just makes it fair for those who don't wanna deal with it.

It's not the comeback factor that's the biggest problem, it's using L1 X-Factor right away to kill the other guy's main. Although yes, L3XF Dark Phoenix needs some sort of nerf and it doesn't have to be the X-Factor that gets it.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Dr. Strange's level 3 should be a gravity squeeze that hits even if your blocking.

Lil B's level 3 would be BASE 2 YA FACE.

qq more said:
Am I the only one who wants Classic Mega Man over Mega Man X any day? I don't care if X himself was never in a fighter, just as long as they put CLASSIC Mega Man then I'm fine. It just feels so unfair that the character that started it all (all as in his franchise) gets excluded.

Also Phoenix Wright?

Yes

please

No, you're definitely not the only one.

Not only do I like Mega Man more as a character(Outside of like....X1, I never cared about the X series all that much), but his moveset has more potential and variety as well.

And besides, we already have Zero, who is pretty much just X....except he has a lightsaber in addition to his X-Buster.

JazzmanZ

shaowebb said:
Welp, Lupinko tweeted a message hyping something coming and making references to it going like clockw0rk and coming after Neo.

That confirms we got a Strider coming.

There was a rumor about us getting 4 new cast before a super awhile back in addition to someone finding character names in the MVC3 code with no files attached to them.

Those 2 characters were Frank West and Doc Ock. Frank has definitely been in the works for a long term if Seth comments about how long he would take to balance was true, and his silhouette on the old art that was mistakenly used on the bonus comic in the Special Edition confirms he was in the works.

That means we are getting at minimum Frank West, and Strider which means 2 more marvel characters are coming. Doc Ock could've been swapped for some other idea which means he's not a definite, but I wouldn't bet against him coming in since Seth said he was developing any new cast in MVC3 to replace tools from all of the missing old cast from MVC2. No one replaces Omega Red tools yet so he is likely a given.

All that said...who do you think the other Marvel character is? I'm betting on the return of Cyclops due to the huge moments he had before with guys like Justin Wong and since Schism is a major X-men event that will frontline him.

Hype train is go.

If I recall correctly, Ghost rider was very close to being added to the game but Capcom couldn't think of what to do with his Motor bike.

Azure J

enzo_gt said:
Dr. Strange's level 3 should be a gravity squeeze that hits even if your blocking.

Or he basically tears a corner out of the dimension you're currently in and makes it implode black hole/singularity style. Oh God please be in! :lol

Also, I love threads like this so much.

Skilletor

SonicMegaDrive said:
And besides, we already have Zero, who is pretty much just X....except he has a lightsaber in addition to his X-Buster.

You are so wrong it hurts.

X would have just as much potential as Megaman. Put X in, since Megaman has alerady been in vs. games and has been pretty boring in each one.

Skilletor said:
You are so wrong it hurts.

X would have just as much potential as Megaman. Put X in, since Megaman has alerady been in vs. games and has been pretty boring in each one.

Disagree. Mega Man is one of my favorite characters from the first two games. Currently, there is no representation from the original Mega man series. So there you go.

SonicMegaDrive said:
I used to think this... but after someone pointed out that X has his different armors and his special gun charge attacks, I'm sold.

Plus I'd like to be able to run X and Zero on the same team, and to see their vs. intro.

Parallax Scroll said:
I used to think this... but after someone pointed out that X has his different armors and his special gun charge attacks, I'm sold.

Plus I'd like to be able to run X and Zero on the same team, and to see their vs. intro.

I think one of the things regarding the original Mega man that was a wasted opportunity in the first two VS games is the lack of Rush armor. I mean...come on, I figured that would have been a given.

SonicMegaDrive said:
I think one of the things regarding the original Mega man that was a wasted opportunity in the first two VS games is the lack of Rush armor. I mean...come on, I figured that would have been a given.
wasn't that only in like one game

Skilletor

SonicMegaDrive said:
Disagree. Mega Man is one of my favorite characters from the first two games. Currently, there is no representation from the original Mega man series. So there you go.

That's fine if you like Megaman more, but to say that X and Zero are the same is dead wrong.

X wouldn't even have a saber, for one. Don't let fanboyism blind you into saying silly things. X and Zero don't even play the same in the X games. How would they play similarly in a Vs. game?

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
SonicMegaDrive said:

Best solution, add Roll for original mega man series

Skilletor said:
That's fine if you like Megaman more, but to say that X and Zero are the same is dead wrong.

X wouldn't even have a saber, for one. Don't let fanboyism blind you into saying silly things.

Well, that's my point, Zero has all the things Mega Man has, except he has a lightsaber. Zero represents the X series just fine, there isn't any need for more.

They could program X to be a lot different than Zero if they chose to, but to me it just seems redundant.

IntelliHeath said:
Best solution, add Roll for original mega man series

Anything would be nice. You could put Dr. Wily in there in a huge fucking mecha and I'd be content.

Skilletor said:
X wouldn't even have a saber, for one.
At first, that was the only difference I could think of between the two. But then I remembered that X had like the thing where he charges up his gun, and he fires a thing, and then he fires a second thing at the first thing and they collide and turn into this big screen clearing death thing

that would be a cool move

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
DryEyeRelief said:
a green and blue symbiote character?

2dm8tig.jpg

Oh God you picked the absolute worst one. Anyway if he's being cryptic it could refer to the fact that there were at one point maybe what 10 different symbiotes running around, so they do come in all sorts of colors.

Hope the ghost thing doesn't refer to Ghost Rider, although if he does make it in they should get Maximilian to voice him. Do want me some Dr Strange!

Skilletor

SonicMegaDrive said:
Well, that's my point, Zero has all the things Mega Man has, except he has a lightsaber. Zero represents the X series just fine, there isn't any need for more.

They could program X to be a lot different than Zero if they chose to, but to me it just seems redundant.

Anything would be nice. You could put Dr. Wily in there in a huge fucking mecha and I'd be content.

But, that's not true, at all. Zero doesn't get different weapons from bosses. Zero doesn't get different armor. Zero's primary weapon is a Sword. X's is the X-Buster.

They are nothing at all alike.

I'm sure it's already been said, but with the hints having "dat" and "dem" surely points to Gambit. That's how he talks after all.

Unless he was already in, then I got nothin.

Skilletor said:
But, that's not true, at all. Zero doesn't get different weapons from bosses. Zero doesn't get different armor. Zero's primary weapon is a Sword. X's is the X-Buster.

They are nothing at all alike.

So, would X be able to take the ability of his opponents in-battle, like Kirby or something? Or transform in the middle of battle into a different suit of armor?

I mean, that all sounds cool, but I still feel it's redundant to have two characters from one series, and have none from the other.

Nils said:
Oh God you picked the absolute worst one. Anyway if he's being cryptic it could refer to the fact that there were at one point maybe what 10 different symbiotes running around, so they do come in all sorts of colors.

Hope the ghost thing doesn't refer to Ghost Rider, although if he does make it in they should get Maximilian to voice him. Do want me some Dr Strange!
Well just googling images based on hints I typed Marvel ghosts, which brought up "Punisher Ghosts of the Innocents" so it could be him.

Chavelo

LUPINKO said:
SHIT JUST GOT CRYPTIC WITH DEM TWEETS

WTF%20is%20this%20Shit%20-%20Green%20Eggs%20%26%20Ham.jpeg

ReXXXSoprano said:

You clearly don't play Marvel games...

GET THE HERP AND DERP UP IN THIS BITCH

ReXXXSoprano said:
The words for this thread are HERP and DERP. If you don't have both and the combination of the two you will be disappointed at whatever this may become.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom