• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Marvel vs Capcom: Hype Train to Comic Con; Now Boarding! Lupinko @ post 500+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neki

SonicMegaDrive said:
X and Zero are as different as Sonic and Knuckles.
well they both have busters and swords according to megaman canon, they can also double jump and dash in the air. they also take abilities from fallen robot masters. sounds about the same to me!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Parallax Scroll said:
I see a man pointing.
I LOVE THIS THREAD. GOLD I SAY. GOLD.

Latest:

@lupinko Rival Schoo? Any of these new chars have the "stones"?

Followed by:

lupinko Lance Lingos
what a great line to jam to in the mornin', "can't get you outta my head like kylie minogue", ah fun times
professorx.jpg

C'mon Howard the Duck and Gene. I wanted you in MvC2, then for DLC, now in Super. Third times the charm, right? While I'm asking for stuff that'll likely never happen, I also want a stage set in that trippy cosmic dimension Dr Strange is always visiting.

MrMephistoX said:
Although I'd prefer classic Megaman it would probably easier to go with an X base and give him a classic alt than going the other way around.

Wouldn't the height difference muck with the controls quite a bit? I mean, that would be the ideal way to go, but I don't know how they'd go about it unless they totally made them different characters.

Skilletor

SonicMegaDrive said:
X and Zero are as different as Sonic and Knuckles.

See, you continue to make incorrect statements like this. It only proves you don't know what you're talking about.

Since I've offered numerous details on how they differ, how would you say they're the same? Especially so similar as Sonic and Knuckles whose only differences are a glide, a lower jump, and the ability to climb walls.

well they both have busters and swords according to megaman canon, they can also double jump and dash in the air. they also take abilities from fallen robot masters. sounds about the same to me!
Zero doesn't take abilities from fallen robot masters like X does. They're completely different characters. Zero's gun is mostly incidental. He's a melee monster in the games. X is a hardcore gunner, with the sword mostly being incidental.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Karsticles said:
He caved to "Marvel not letting him have the character", not fanservice.

How are people getting Juggernaut from the Kylie Monogue tweet?
Yeah this is what I'm wondering.

Neki

Karsticles said:
Zero doesn't take abilities from fallen robot masters. They're completely different characters. Zero's gun is mostly incidental. He's a melee monster in the games. X is a hardcore gunner, with the sword mostly being incidental.
What do you mean? Killing robot masters unlocked special abilities for him at least, I guess which aren't directly related to the robot masters, but most abilities correlated with them.

What do you mean? Killing robot masters unlocked special abilities for him at least, I guess which aren't directly related to the robot masters, but most abilities correlated with them.
Right, because that's just how Megaman games progress. Though in the Megaman Zero series, he doesn't get anything from bosses at all.

X steals powers directly. Megaman fans want a hard gunner with a lot of firepower. Like Arthur, but without the suck and lack of awesome. Personally, I'd rather have Classic, but I'll settle for X.

Skilletor said:
See, you continue to make incorrect statements like this. It only proves you don't know what you're talking about.

Since I've offered numerous details on how they differ, how would you say they're the same? Especially so similar as Sonic and Knuckles whose only differences are a glide, a lower jump, and the ability to climb walls.

Far closer to the truth than this:

Skilletor said:
X and Zero are as different as Ryu and Bison.

Karsticles said:
Zero doesn't take abilities from fallen robot masters like X does. They're completely different characters. Zero's gun is mostly incidental. He's a melee monster in the games. X is a hardcore gunner, with the sword mostly being incidental.

Well, it's all for naught anyway, since I don't think they'll be giving Mega Man the ability to steal his opponent's powers in the VS. games.

I'd love to be proven wrong, of course. That would take a lot of work to program, I think.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Lupinko must be having fun. If I were in his place I'd put at least 30% nonsensical clues in that don't correlate to any character to see what people come up with.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Nils said:
Lupinko must be having fun. If I were in his place I'd put at least 30% nonsensical clues in that don't correlate to any character to see what people come up with.
Lupinko why must you mislead us? Your our only chance at non-misleading leaks :(

I don't want our only source of hype also being a source of potential disappointment :(

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Nils said:

Actually, there is one more leaker as well from srk.com. He basically confirmed what Lupinko said. I would trust lupinko over him but he said that,

I'm not telling you anything outright~

Think of what each 'statement' thus far has actually declared.

The 'aids' one is opposite of that.

His name is Master Chibi.

Well, it's all for naught anyway, since I don't think they'll be giving Mega Man the ability to steal his opponent's powers in the VS. games.

I'd love to be proven wrong, of course. That would take a lot of work to program, I think.
I don't think he will either, and I'm okay with that. My point is just that Megaman X has a massive movelist potential that Zero doesn't, and that's what I want to see come into fruition:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKjNnJAsBRQ

Yes, that's very overpowered, and I don't actually want the armor switching part (please, not another Amaterasu...I couldn't take it), but it's an example of what X is capable of that Zero is not.

Lupinko why must you mislead us? Your our only chance at non-misleading leaks :(
Not true; there are a few other sources that independently have confirmed Strider and Wright, at least. Lupinko is not the only person who knows this stuff, he's just the loudest, the most willing to share. He's not the only person in the world that loves attention, though.

Skilletor said:
So you aren't going to give examples? You just want to spout misinformation without somebody calling you out on it?

It isn't misinformation, it's an opinion. No, I do not THINK Zero and X play all that differently than one another. In the X games, the two characters play differently enough from each other to make the gameplay different, depending on the character you choose. In a fighting game, it's a completely different story. Unless the game developers decide to design X to play completely differently from Zero, which I assume they would. Otherwise, it would be a waste of a roster space. In which case, they might as well just go with the original Mega Man, who is far more removed from Zero than X is. Which was my whole point to begin with.

The Sonic and Knuckles comparison is completely apt.

While i'm here and this thread is active, what was the name of the site that had stream archives and guides and allowed you to find archived tourney matches in MvC3 (and other games) by character used or player? I cannot for the life of me find it.

JazzmanZ

my wishlist for this Super edition.

Marvel
-Ghost rider
-Dr.Strange
-Thanos
-Howard the duck
-Daredevil
-Nova
-Venom
-Green goblin
-Ms.Marvel
-Juggernaut

Capcom
-Strider
-Gene
-Phoenix wright
-Megaman (any will do, even if its Legends)
-Frank west
-Sissel
-A monster hunter character
-M.Bison
-Red arremer
-That cactus dude from MvC2

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The Abominable Snowman said:
While i'm here and this thread is active, what was the name of the site that had stream archives and guides and allowed you to find archived tourney matches in MvC3 (and other games) by character used or player? I cannot for the life of me find it.
www.frame-advantage.com ?

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
For the record, I'm not saying he's actually spicing stuff up with bullshit, but I could see why he would have fun doing so.

Karsticles said:
I don't think he will either, and I'm okay with that. My point is just that Megaman X has a massive movelist potential that Zero doesn't, and that's what I want to see come into fruition:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKjNnJAsBRQ

Yes, that's very overpowered, and I don't actually want the armor switching part (please, not another Amaterasu...I couldn't take it), but it's an example of what X is capable of that Zero is not.

Not true; there are a few other sources that independently have confirmed Strider and Wright, at least. Lupinko is not the only person who knows this stuff, he's just the loudest, the most willing to share. He's not the only person in the world that loves attention, though.

I think that would be the only good way to go about it. Give X the ability to switch between different armors that give him access to completely different movesets.

Skilletor

SonicMegaDrive said:
It isn't misinformation, it's an opinion. No, I do not THINK Zero and X play all that differently than one another. In the X games, the two characters play differently enough from each other to make the gameplay different, depending on the character you choose. In a fighting game, it's a completely different story. Unless the game developers decide to design X to play completely differently from Zero, which I assume they would. Otherwise, it would be a waste of a roster space. In which case, they might as well just go with the original Mega Man, who is far more removed from Zero than X is. Which was my whole point to begin with.

The Sonic and Knuckles comparison is completely apt.

Except it isn't, as X has about a large a pool of moves to choose from as classic Megaman. Zero has had a similar moveset throughout all of his appearances. Even MvC3.

X gets robot masters powers. His armor offers various boosts and buffs. His main weapon is his Z-Buster. He has massive range.

X (or classic megaman) could potentially have as many moves as Dante.

Zero's main weapon is his Saber. He has limited range options. He has to get in close to do any damage.

These two ideals are fundamentally opposed. ESPECIALLY in a fighting game.

It is a FACT that the two play different, which you concede in your post. You pretty much say, "I don't think they play different even though I think they play different enough to make the gameplay different."

lol.

I don't care whether or not you don't like X. But saying X and Megaman are the same is silly.

Khal_B

Besides the necessary balance changes and Vergil, I would definitely like to see more stages. At least 5 more. The ones in Marvel 3 are great, but they're so few and it's pretty messed up that you can't even fight versus in Galactus's stage.

mr. puppy

Banned
IntelliHeath said:
Actually, there is one more leaker as well from srk.com. He basically confirmed what Lupinko said. I would trust lupinko over him but he said that,

master chibi is probably full of shit. its really easy to jump on these things and pretend to know. only follow lupinko and ignore the rest.

Skilletor said:
Except it isn't, as X has about a large a pool of moves to choose from as classic Megaman. Zero has had a similar moveset throughout all of his appearances. Even MvC3.

X gets robot masters powers. His armor offers various boosts and buffs. His main weapon is his Z-Buster. He has massive range.

X (or classic megaman) could potentially have as many moves as Dante.

Zero's main weapon is his Saber. He has limited range options. He has to get in close to do any damage.

These two ideals are fundamentally opposed. ESPECIALLY in a fighting game.

It is a FACT that the two play different, which you concede in your post. You pretty much say, "I don't think they play different even though I think they play different enough to make the gameplay different."

lol.

I don't care whether or not you don't like X. But saying X and Megaman are the same is silly.

Yes, they play differently ENOUGH from one another in the X games. But if you put both of them in a fighting game together, with a whole bunch of other completely different fighters, it's a completely different story.

X and Zero are the same, but different. Same as Sonic and Knuckles. Or Mega Man and Bass.

I couldn't come up with any other platform games that give you the option to choose between different characters that play similarly but slightly differently. But if you can't see my point on that, then it's because you choose not to.

The WHOLE point was that Mega Man, the original, is far more different from Zero's gameplay than X's is, and hence would make for a much more unique and interesting inclusion.

You seem to keep focusing on how much I, personally, like or dislike the X character. It has nothing to do with how much I like X, and more to do with how much I think the ORIGINAL Mega Man is far more unique, and would make for a better inclusion.

RCizzle65

Neo Member
Ugh Capcom knows that I want these updates, and is going to make us pay a bunch for them, I'm so helpless :/ , milking has been their speciality for fighters I guess

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
mr. puppy said:
master chibi is probably full of shit. its really easy to jump on these things and pretend to know. only follow lupinko and ignore the rest.

Probably, that's why people over there should try to see if he would willing to leak other characters that lupinko haven't.

Grecco

IntelliHeath said:

lol probably a dick rider. Lupinko is the real profet these guys are just trying to jump on.

Chairhome

enzo_gt said:
I LOVE THIS THREAD. GOLD I SAY. GOLD.

Latest:

Followed by:

Powerstone? Yes, please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom