• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT4| New Ch/Vols! - SEE FIRST POST FOR RULES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

survivor

Banned
REAL vol 6

I cried like a man
Z5mZL.jpg

Takahashi's story truly is the best part of the manga and now that his dad is involved it got even better.

Fairy Tail

Interesting, so the competition isn't a straight up fight, there are other events. I'm really surprised at Mashima's character choice, and to be honest i'm happy, I would have picked those characters myself XD. Juvia is being Juvia is nice, and wow what the fuck those dragon slayers are fucked up.

Watch Mashima retcon it by making it so the dragons WANTED to die. I guarantee that will happen.

He already did that. Mashima retconned something about the two new DragonSlayers. When they were first introduced, Rogue was the one that used to look up to Natsu and was Gajeel's apprentice. Now, Mashima retconned to be Sting the one who used to look up to Natsu, but Rogue remained as the one that trained with Gajeel at some point.

Articalys

Kimi no Iru Machi 165

When in doubt about where to go with your plot, just waste a chapter on erotic humor misunderstandings! Again!

QQRDP.gif

On the other hand, at least that was some impressive stealth bragging from Haruto.

Glass Rebel

Detective Conan Ch. 180

Thank god, finally more Black Organization stuff and Ai has joined the fray. I was getting tired of the random "filler" cases but now I feel we're getting somewhere.

upandaway

Detective Conan Ch. 180

Thank god, finally more Black Organization stuff and Ai has joined the fray. I was getting tired of the random "filler" cases but now I feel we're getting somewhere.
I'll be honest with you man, this post is not healthy. What you just said is extremely destructive.

It's too soon to say something like that. Too soon.

Wiseblade

A Town where you shake your head

So, what were those? At first I was thinking "Japanese condoms look weird" but since they're not...

survivor

Banned
Detective Conan Ch. 180

Are you aware of the DCTP website? they highlight each murder case as filler, semi relevant, or important to the plot. You can use their guide to skip filler cases if you get burned out at one point.

gunbo13

I did not know there was DxD manga. Being uncensored was a surprise when i watched the first episode this morning.
Yea and I think I'm going to stick with the manga. That anime fan-service is ridiculous. First 5 minutes had about 40 panty shots, multiple nudes, shower scene, and at least 10 huge jiggling boob events.

survivor

Banned
So I was on my favourite manga website trying to check out the latest Maoyuu 4koma manga and then I realized there were 2 other versions of Maoyuu manga. One is more moeish, and the other had a weird art style. And then there is the regular version that I have been reading.

What the hell is happening?

Glass Rebel

Are you aware of the DCTP website? they highlight each murder case as filler, semi relevant, or important to the plot. You can use their guide to skip filler cases if you get burned out at one point.

Nope but if I was able to put up with about a million Naruto filler episodes I can do the same with DC chapters. They aren't even that bad, I just want to know more about the Organization.

gunbo13

So I was on my favourite manga website trying to check out the latest Maoyuu 4koma manga and then I realized there were 2 other versions of Maoyuu manga. One is more moeish, and the other had a weird art style. And then there is the regular version that I have been reading.

What the hell is happening?
It's like a manga franchise.
  • Champion Red version more ecchi/cutesy.
  • 4-koma moe web comic.
  • Famitsu Comic Clear version which is probably more ecchi/action. I haven't read it yet but the art style is more Berserk style.
  • Comp Ace version mangaf has been reading.
  • Monthly Gaiden version that isn't released yet.
So yea, 5 of them. ;)

It's possible that the gaps of action we miss in the comp ace version is done in the famitsu, champion red, or the gaiden.

----------

I'm seeing this elsewhere with the Papa no Iukoto franchise. One which already has an anime this season.

You have:
  • Adult ecchi following MC with his club
  • Spin-off following older child
  • Spin-off following middle child
  • Spin-off following younger child
  • Main series
  • Some other version in ultra jump
Bunch of crazy shit.

survivor

Banned
It's like a manga franchise.
  • Champion Red version more ecchi/cutesy.
  • 4-koma moe web comic.
  • Famitsu Comic Clear version which is probably more ecchi/action. I haven't read it yet but the art style is more Berserk style.
  • Comp Ace version mangaf has been reading.
  • Monthly Gaiden version that isn't released yet.
So yea, 5 of them. ;)

It's possible that the gaps of action we miss in the comp ace version is done in the famitsu, champion red, or the gaiden.

This kind of milking would put Nintendo to shame.

I gotta go read the ecchi versions.

gunbo13

This kind of milking would put Nintendo to shame.

I gotta go read the ecchi versions.
Well, they are all labeled ecchi for the big boobs I think. I haven't seen anything that qualifies that label. So don't expect much difference except maybe the tone of the series. Sorry if I was misleading. Most of them are rehashing the intro and then will probably go different routes.

Art is shit for the champion read and only decent for Famitsu. And we have to suffer reading the intro 4 fucking times.

I'm thinking:
Comp ace = Spice and Wolf
Champ red = shounen battle
Famitsu = more serious toned shounen battle, closer to Berserk level
Gaiden = who the hell knows

I seriously doubt the others will be better then comp ace though. It's really a good manga.
Who are you and what have you done with Gunbo?
lol I have my limits. Fan-service should be complementary; not distracting or the focus unless it is meant to be fan-service only. DxD actually has a pretty decent plot so berating it with fan-service ruins it. :(

upandaway

Magico

Even that guy has a lover? Goddamn. Everyone is a couple in this. This is crazy.

Now that I think about it, that's an awesome idea for a battle shonen. Isn't it? Let's just pretend those 3 brothers never happened, and every single friend or foe in the manga is a couple. No, every single character in the manga has a lover. And there's not a speck of romance anywhere besides the occasional I love you.

Shit, now I really want them to take this and run with it. Why limit it to characters? The rocks on the roadside come in pairs. Every house has two doors. Everything is in love with everything.

This might not happen since it's a Japanese and/or Jump manga but I would really want some same-sex couples too. Just think of the potential.

Wiseblade

I seriously doubt the others will be better then comp ace though. It's really a good manga.

lol I have my limits. Fan-service should be complementary; not distracting or the focus unless it is meant to be fan-service only. DxD actually has a pretty decent plot so berating it with fan-service ruins it. :(

I guess I can't argue with that logic.

Magico

Even that guy has a lover? Goddamn. Everyone is a couple in this. This is crazy.

Now that I think about it, that's an awesome idea for a battle shonen. Isn't it? Let's just pretend those 3 brothers never happened, and every single friend or foe in the manga is a couple. No, every single character in the manga has a lover. And there's not a speck of romance anywhere besides the occasional I love you.

Shit, now I really want them to take this and run with it. Why limit it to characters? The rocks on the roadside come in pairs. Every house has two doors. Everything is in love with everything.

This might not happen since it's a Japanese and/or Jump manga but I would really want some same-sex couples too. Just think of the potential.

I would buy 10 copies. Magico probably has a good chance of getting localised, right? a Jump battle pretty much a lock, isn't it?

upandaway

At least things should change a bit with that digital 2-weeks later thing (which is, uh, US only, uh)

edit NEW ESPRIT OMG even though it's not my birthday!

scy

Yea and I think I'm going to stick with the manga. That anime fan-service is ridiculous. First 5 minutes had about 40 panty shots, multiple nudes, shower scene, and at least 10 huge jiggling boob events.

To be fair, the manga is pretty fanservice heavy too. I haven't seen the anime yet so I don't know how bad it is. I complained about Haganai's anime fanservice so I can't imagine this going well for me...

Countrouble 25 - Haha, oh wow.

gunbo13

To be fair, the manga is pretty fanservice heavy too. I haven't seen the anime yet so I don't know how bad it is. I complained about Haganai's anime fanservice so I can't imagine this going well for me...
Dude, it is way worse. Like WAY worse.

Esprit

I am absolutely in love with this world. An island based around shooting stars where people get shot out of cannons to catch them? Hell fuckin yeah!

It's going to be so painful when my fears that this was cancelled are confirmed :(

gunbo13

Cage of Eden (ch 118-127)

-Painfully obvious conclusion is painfully obvious.

n37PO.png

Is this official?

I swear that all these chapters are like playing Doom. No, we aren't on Mars but we are on a foreign land. Locked, open, jump down... Each discovery is just sort of an evolution towards the conclusion we all saw in the first batch of chapters in CoE.

The only interesting part of this chapter batch was the cultivation room and the mystery behind it. The rest was Doom running, with corpses! Where my imps at? But man is this series full of stupid questions and intelligent answers. Akira asks the dumbest shit ever and gets scholar level responses from his various crones. School of prodigies.

Oh but climbing down a garbage shoot opened up opportunities for constant panty shots. So we good.

Ch's in 3 (experiment, dropping, eden)

Shinigami-sama ni Saigo no Onegai o vol 1

Tsundere dead little sisters trying to find out who killed her along with her now dead falsely accused brother. That's quite the premise. Definitely enjoying it. Author seems to love twists involving people seeming innocent and nice at first and then turning out to be batshit insane. Fortunately, I like those twists too.

Hopefully everything gets resolved in 4 volumes.

thetechkid

Fairy Tail

Its predictable who was gonna be chosen from the start, but at least its acknowledged that its sucks. Need more Luxas.

A whole bunch of Cage of Eden to read and be mad at for killing two people more than 50 chapters ago.

Man, Übel Blatt is such a disappointment. Just when I thought I had found another manga that handles mature content well...

*assuming mature content is mostly visual*

actually it depends on where you are since it gets less and less as you go later in the chapters (save a certain person + bathing).

*assuming mature content as story, themes etc*

heh it deals with it as would a shounen/seinen series would (though it seems more shounen as it goes on imo).

Glass Rebel

*assuming mature content is mostly visual*

actually it depends on where you are since it gets less and less as you go later in the chapters (save a certain person + bathing).

*assuming mature content as story, themes etc*

heh it deals with it as would a shounen/seinen series would (though it seems more shounen as it goes on imo).

It's both a bit. I thought that Berserk and Sanctuary handled violence and nudity pretty well without bordering on fan-service. Übel Blatt has some loli fingering in the first chapter and the story is another very clichee take revenge on X baddies. I just don't find it appealing at all.

survivor

Banned
It's both a bit. I thought that Berserk and Sanctuary handled violence and nudity pretty well without bordering on fan-service. Übel Blatt has some loli fingering in the first chapter and the story is another very clichee take revenge on X baddies. I just don't find it appealing at all.

Eh, I say keep reading. The revenge aspect is pretty interesting as the story moves along. beside the loli fingering doesn't happen again.

Actually i think it mirrors Berserk at that point where nudity and such themes are concerned but as said before the author tones it down as the story goes on (a poster even made fun that the author was aping Berserk at first to get some fans :p).

as for the motivation its not as different as Gut's ultimate goal plus it has some slight twists that make it decent.

Also what survivor says.

HIGH-SCHOOL DXD chapters 1-4

Very good. It looks very promising, and damn, why when i always start reading a manga, there are no more chapter when i reach the good parts :(

The guy´s goal is bugging me, and i dislike the dynamic of the devil group.

survivor

Banned
Blue Exorcist 31

pretty meh chapter. The overheating strategy was pretty cool but outside of that, it just one big meh. Shit happening to people I don't care about, too many Japanese words being thrown around left and right, and the fire shit in every panel is annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom