• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: Arena Gamechariot Videos!

OMG Aero

So apparently Chie has a new voice actor in the English version.

cMrJM.jpg

NichM

Banned
I wish I could post some of the amazing takes I've been listening to from New Chie. The old VA was great (one of my favorites in P4) but the new one more than lives up to her legacy. We're not going for a different sound for the character or anything, either.

She voiced Erica in Catherine So I doubt she'll do a bad job voicing Chie.

Oh hell yes! That girl sounds more Chie than Chie sounded like Chie did. Sheesh, this is great guys!

I wish I could post some of the amazing takes I've been listening to from New Chie. The old VA was great (one of my favorites in P4) but the new one more than lives up to her legacy. We're not going for a different sound for the character or anything, either.

NichM, can you tell us where the "sheesh" came from? Chie says this about 4958345027 times in the game and I can't really remember if other characters did too.

It came from me getting bored of writing "geez."

Ok, that is cool - the "sheesh" was an organic sort of thing. It ended up being pretty damn endearing too :)

But, NichM, I still toss and turn at night... I cannot sleep because I need to know where "Aha, is this our chance?" came from. Is there an epic story behind this?

Also, this picture I made for the MS paint thread.

cj_iwakura

Yeah, eff the haters. I loved the first Chie. She exceeded my expectations on every level.

Pour one out for the kickstar.

Hopefully they'll be able to get Yukiko's original VO.
she hasn't been doing much lately,only voices for saints row 3 and that's it.

Tizoc

Any new word on the console release? It better have dual audio, there's no fucking excuse for it not to be in.

SUPARSTARX

Seems unofficially confirmed since one of the voice actresses leaked that shew as working on Persona 4 Arena for Nanako and not the Anime.....

....Nanako........

I'm putting my trust in you NichM.

This new lady better live up to the hype...or else
I guess I'll be slightly disappointed a little...or something
:3

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
I welcome this new change. Although, I'm kind of an Erin Fitzgerald fan...

Also, this game looks sooooo good. Been watching the videos in this thread for about an hour or two.

OMG Aero

Seems unofficially confirmed since one of the voice actresses leaked that shew as working on Persona 4 Arena for Nanako and not the Anime.....

....Nanako........
Did she actually say she was voicing Nanako or did the place you read this from say something like "Karen Strassman, Nanako's voice actor" because she's the same voice actor for Aigis so she might have just been doing her lines.

SUPARSTARX

Did she actually say she was voicing Nanako or did the place you read this from say something like "Karen Strassman, Nanako's voice actor" because she's the same voice actor for Aigis so she might have just been doing her lines.

Oh, it's the quote in this article.
http://www.animevice.com/news/questions-swirl-around-persona-4-the-animation-dub-updated/5978/

"[I've] been recording hours of lines for Aigis and Nanako all through the month of March, and [I'm headed] back in the studio to record more on Tuesday!" she said. "I'm so wonderfully happy to be finding these characters again. I think people are really going to love this one!"

Word going around that they're already looking at a balance version in may called Persona 4: Arena "Version Up" and might also be adding another character.

May!!!!!!

Steaks

I will have your head if you are lying to me, sir.

On another note, it must be fun to work on P4A. Pretty high up there on projects that look most interesting to me.

I have faith. Much like the Dark Souls community, the Persona 4 community is well understood by its creative teams. You guys know what's good and what's not.

Oh, it's the quote in this article.
http://www.animevice.com/news/questions-swirl-around-persona-4-the-animation-dub-updated/5978/

"[I've] been recording hours of lines for Aigis and Nanako all through the month of March, and [I'm headed] back in the studio to record more on Tuesday!" she said. "I'm so wonderfully happy to be finding these characters again. I think people are really going to love this one!"

Word going around that they're already looking at a balance version in may called Persona 4: Arena "Version Up" and might also be adding another character.

May!!!!!!

Mah gawd, I just hope Chie doesn't get nerfed too badly ;__;

UberTag

...that's not a good sign. Don't fail me, Sentai Filmworks.
Sentai doesn't like to outsource their dubs or bring in outside talent. They're not FUNimation and even when ADV was rolling in the dough (comparably) they were replacing voice casts for properties like Comic Party instead of utilizing the original talent.

In other words, you should expect a dub filled with the Houston regulars directed by Steven Foster.

zlatko

Banned
I wish Adachi was in this game, just so we can hear his English VO. Why? Because he needs his epic creepy raper guy lines. "Yeah... so I killed the bitch." "Stupid bitch."

I fell in love with Vinny the day he did that on the Endurance Run.

Venfayth

I wish Adachi was in this game, just so we can hear his English VO. Why? Because he needs his epic creepy raper guy lines. "Yeah... so I killed the bitch." "Stupid bitch."

I fell in love with Vinny the day he did that on the Endurance Run.

Ah that reminds me I need to watch their ending of that game. I only got to like episode 100 or something.

Busaiku

Ummm...spoiler tags for people who haven't finished the game yet? (not me, but there are people in this thread who were talking about never having played P4)

Well, this is a sequel to Persona 4, so you probably shouldn't come in and not expect spoilers.

zlatko

Banned
Ummm...spoiler tags for people who haven't finished the game yet? (not me, but there are people in this thread who were talking about never having played P4)

Uh, sorry, not to be a dick, but I'm not spoiler tagging P4 since it's been out for fucking what, 4 years, and this isn't the OT for that game, but for its fighting game sequel.

So yeah, tough cookies to them. :/

MechaX

Well, this is a sequel to Persona 4, so you probably shouldn't come in and not expect spoilers.

If we used that line of logic, there would be no meaning of spoiler tags in a great majority of topics. "Well, this game is linked to Persona 3, so let me give away end-game spoilers. Doesn't matter, because this isn't that game's OT and it's been out for a little bit."

zlatko

Banned
If we used that line of logic, there would be no meaning of spoiler tags in a great majority of topics. "Well, this game is linked to Persona 3, so let me give away end-game spoilers. Doesn't matter, because this isn't that game's OT and it's been out for a little bit."

That's exactly the line of logic and how NeoGAF works. Unless the OP in the thread mentions either in his first post or in the title, no spoilers for P4 please, then it's all fair game.

You seriously don't expect let's say, a thread about Metal Gear Solid 5 not to start people mentioning favorite parts in say Metal Gear Solid 1 or the ending to 3 without spoiler tags? Come the fuck on.

Busaiku

It is a direct sequel.
I'm sure people were talking about Mass Effect 2 all over of the place in the Mass Effect 3 thread.

MechaX

That's exactly the line of logic and how NeoGAF works. Unless the OP in the thread mentions either in his first post or in the title, no spoilers for P4 please, then it's all fair game.

You seriously don't expect let's say, a thread about Metal Gear Solid 5 not to start people mentioning favorite parts in say Metal Gear Solid 1 or the ending to 3 without spoiler tags? Come the fuck on.

That's not even remotely what kind of intent is expressed in the TOS FAQ on GAF. Now how it actually works in practice, like this scenario for instance, is precisely the reason that we're even having this discussion in the first place. Especially since what was stated does ruin a pretty big twist in P4. Saying that "Well, the OP didn't mention it, so it's fair game" is not a good defense when considering that the OP might have not have thought about that (possibly because he played P4), or didn't think that would be an issue.

Hell, most Metal Gear Solid threads, on that note, usually have heavily tagged spoilers when referring to critical elements from prior games (especially since in that scenario, there are a significant amount of people who would be starting fresh on the series late in the series).

It is a direct sequel.
I'm sure people were talking about Mass Effect 2 all over of the place in the Mass Effect 3 thread.

Actually, no, a lot of ME2's spoilers were tagged in the pre-release discussions of ME3. Hell, the bigger problem was ME3's spoilers as opposed to prior game spoilers.

And even for the sake of argument, assuming that much, there is a clear difference between talking about a carried over plot element and effectively ruining a major plot-twist for a 60 hour game over a character that is not even in the fighting game.

zlatko

Banned
You know what? Bring it up with a mod. Game is 4 years old, this is its sequel, and I see no reason why P4 needs spoiler tags here in this thread. If someone wants to avoid P4 spoilers, then avoid P4 related threads, simple as that.

I haven't played ME3, and I plan to. I haven't gone into any EA/ME3 related thread to avoid spoilers. Enter at your own discretion.

NichM

Banned
If I might offer some insight as someone who is actually aware of the level of prior knowledge that P4 Arena's story assumes: I would spoiler things, particularly things like the spoiler in question. Arena is vague on the details of how the case wraps up and whodunit--it gives you the basics and introduces you to the characters and their situation, but the way it's written indicates that Atlus knows that there are people who'll play P4 Arena first.

kewlmyc

You know what? Bring it up with a mod. Game is 4 years old, this is its sequel, and I see no reason why P4 needs spoiler tags here in this thread. If someone wants to avoid P4 spoilers, then avoid P4 related threads, simple as that.

I haven't played ME3, and I plan to. I haven't gone into any EA/ME3 related thread to avoid spoilers. Enter at your own discretion.

I actually agree with you here. The game is technically a sequel considering it takes place after P4.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I can't speak for all everyone

but as someone who never played P4 I don't give a fuck about spoilers.

I think most people attracted to this because it's a fighting game probably feel the same way.

Like I'm not here for the story at all

When is SBO again? Seems weird to put out a new version so close

But I'd love for it to not end up being Chie mania

Mah gawd, I just hope Chie doesn't get nerfed too badly ;__;

I hope they hit her hard

You'll all still play her anyways so who cares.

It's technically a sequel but it's also a fighting game. Persona Arena is going to get some non-RPG guys interested in the Persona games. It's probably best not to spoil them.

cj_iwakura

Yeah, I say if you step into this thread, it's at your own risk. If you don't know the truth about P4 by now, you're dang lucky(and need to go hurry up and play it).

Heck, some of us hope the killer might become playable(not likely, though).

Chavelo

I weep for those who haven't played P4.

Seriously.

The fuck is wrong with you? Do you hate fun?

Imma go to your house and eject P4:Arena and break that shit in front of you. I know who you are.

FSTEAK, MOTHERFUCKER

Top Bottom