• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT| of Tag Assaulting the Devil, Ogres, Wild Animals & MILFs (Bitcap Warning)

zlatko

Banned
Really like everything they are doing with this game. Just as long as the net code holds up and the usual spectator/lobbies are there, then I'm all over it.

Now the only issue for ME will be if Halo 4 comes out in September as well, on where I'd find the time to play both of these master pieces.

:(

Edit: lol and 10 mins later the H4 date is confirmed for November. Awesome. TTT2 we in there!

Doomshine

Could someone make me a Dragunov avy with him wearing a Samborero please? I wanna join in on the hype.
EXTREMELY quick and dirty:
bhjgx.png

AAK

I guess I'm too late LOL:

dw8ptfJ8xryUO.png

Argh.. no hints of the new fighters in the trailer :(

Also, licensed music doesn't suit Tekken.

Pachimari

Fight Lab's narrative conceit is unobtrusive and rather cute. Combot, Lee/Violet’s clumsy robot that temporarily assumed Mokujin's duties in Tekken 4, is back for another round of learning to fight. Mechanically this was accomplished by hitting high, medium, and low points with their corresponding attacks, a technique that was further intensified when said points started shifting around and/or exploding. While that was merely a taste of mechanical input, the contextual rewards were better explained, Basically, Combot will function as the long desired "create a fighter" and the player will be able to attain development points and unlock moves from Tekken's wide range of fighters. Said moves can then be custom tailored to your personal Combot and employed as selectable character in versus mode.

From the DigitalChumps preview.

Speaking of information, both Harada and Namco were shy about revealing additional characters for the home release. New characters were mentioned, however exactly zero hints were given as to their identity.
=(

CSX

lol i can see it now

everyone will have ewgf and then a df2 basic launcher when they mess up their ewgf inputs

Pachimari

Upcoming fighter Tekken Tag Tournament 2 will not feature paid-for DLC locked onto the retail disc, Tekken series producer Katsuhiro Harada confirmed at Namco Bandai's Global Gamers Day event in Las Vegas.

When asked about the recent controversy surrounding Capcom's decision to include an eye-watering amount of DLC on Street Fighter x Tekken's disc - unlockeable for a fee - Harada re-iterated his long-held commitment to providing all content up-front in order to preserve the chess-like nature of the character combat interaction, and the purity of the competitive fighting scene.

"Tekken's never really done that before and charged for it, however we did have an [unlock] system in Tekken one to five," he explained to Eurogamer in an interview.

"The character locks were like that - we never took money for it but the concept itself was there. I think really the players' opinions and the heated discussion is whether you charge for it or not."

While stressing that he could only speculate on the reasons for Capcom's DLC strategy, Harada felt that much of the reasoning for including the content on the disc may have concerned the demands of online gaming, and the need to transfer data promptly between those who own the DLC, and those who don't.

While no paid-for character content will be locked out for Tekken Tag Tournament 2, those who pre-order will enjoy early access to certain characters, but only for a limited period of time before the content is made available - for free - to all players.

While not ruling out the potential for paid DLC in the future, such purchases would be limited to cosmetic fan-service requests, rather than unique characters or balance-breaking combat sets.

"There are some strange people on Twitter asking for really peculiar items like bikini swimsuits - and obviously we didn't have that in our original development plan! So if we were going to do that, we'd have to create that without the [original] budget, and we'd have to charge a little bit for those items," Harada said.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 is scheduled for release in September this year.

Source: Eurogamer.

Pachimari

Taking charge of the Combot character, players progress through a Fight Lab storyline that sees combat knowledge acquired by the mechanical warrior via a series of mini-games. The team has taken inspiration from the popularity of the Tekken Bowl mode that featured in earlier editions of the series in order to teach the finer techniques of Tekken to newcomers - and offer a route to personal customisation for both veterans and novices alike.

By presenting the core mechanics of the game as a series of missions that involve side-stepping flying objects or carefully executing aerial juggles, Harada hopes to remove the barriers of entry for those intimidated by the hardcore fighter series.

Progress through the Fight Lab section also lets players apply cosmetic upgrades to their Combot, as well as incorporate favoured moves from other famous characters in the game in order to build a unique character. Once customised and developed, players can use this unique character to battle through both the single-player campaign, and the online matchmaking component of the game.
Ugh.

Source: Eurogamer.

---

EGM's write-up:
Link

The set-up is this: Violet (the alter-ego of Lee Chaolan) brings back his Combot project, but an unfortunate accident leaves him having to start from scratch with a prototype model. The player is then tasked with teaching the Combot prototype how to fight—the catch being, of course, that doing so is actually teaching the players themselves how to fight.

One example he gives is learning how to side-step as a dodge. Typically, you’d be asked to side-step a move performed by a CPU opponent, which would result in either a “pass” or “fail” being doled out. What if, instead, you were playing the role of a young bear who is having sushi thrown at him? The bear has to dodge out of the way of the sushi as a mini game—which, of course, would give the player a chance to perfect their side-stepping skills.

Another example from Harada is Tekken Ball. What if we bring Ganryu into the picture, and have players try to perform aerial juggles on him. The more Ganryu is juggled, the more his size inflates—until he finally explodes if the player is successful in pulling off a long enough string of juggles. A little gruesome, sure, but another example of how learning gameplay elements can be offered to players in a more enjoyable and easily understood package.

Fight Lab is genius!

About Tag mode in subsequent Tekkens
“We think [Tag Tournament 2] is so unique that if we were to put out Tekken 7, for example, and it only had one versus one, we might get a lot of people out there who ask us why not use the previous format, where you can do two on one, two on two, and one on one? So, we’re not sure, but this could become the standard [for Tekken].”

Netcode will be similar to Soul Calibur V
We get in a few questions at the end of our time with Harada, and one of the other editors there in the room asks about Tekken Tag Tournament 2‘s netcode. Harada points out that the previous fighter from Namco Bandai—Soul Calibur V—had netcode that was very well received by fans, so something very similar will be in place for Tag 2.

Tizoc

I guess I'm too late LOL:

dw8ptfJ8xryUO.png

Argh.. no hints of the new fighters in the trailer :(

Also, licensed music doesn't suit Tekken.

Heh thanks anyways, this'll be my new avatar in 2013 after X-Mas ;D
Sucks not to see any reveals in the trailer but aside from the music it was pretty cool.

AAK

EWGF is the least of my worries...

Imagine a character with Bruce's b+2, Nina's WS+1, King's GS and iSW, Bryan's b+1 & Taunt, Christie's RLX, Jin's Parry, Yoshimitsu's f,f+4 and FC,d/f+1, Jack's FC,d/b+1 & Tombstone, Baek's flamingo sidestep, Alisa's backdash, and Miguel's d/f+1??? And all of those above still leave room for Kazuya's CD game...

Yeah, I don't think Harada is that insane. There has to be a balance or some kind of ranking of all the individual moves.

Pachimari

He will do some kind of restriction on the moves I think. Maybe, if you pick one move, then some other specific moves will be greyed out and be unavailable, but that beats the whole purpose of creating your own unique Combot. So I don't know.

EDIT
Seems like today's info were all about Fight Lab.

Guess E3 is for the new characters, modes and online play.

Sayah

I can definitely make one with that... or would you prefer I wait until the matching artists come out?

As for the overall avatar thing for the TTT2 OP... here's just roughly 50% of what I'm working on ;)

Damn, that all looks amazing. Tag 2 OT is going to be so incredible.
And yeah, it's probably better to wait for the same artist to draw Nina. Definitely want Anna with the bazooka in the avatar. Thanks! :D

Imagine a character with Bruce's b+2, Nina's WS+1, King's GS and iSW, Bryan's b+1 & Taunt, Christie's RLX, Jin's Parry, Yoshimitsu's f,f+4 and FC,d/f+1, Jack's FC,d/b+1 & Tombstone, Baek's flamingo sidestep, Alisa's backdash, and Miguel's d/f+1??? And all of those above still leave room for Kazuya's CD game...

Yeah, I don't think Harada is that insane. There has to be a balance or some kind of ranking of all the individual moves.

I am worried the whole combot thing might ruin the balance. But people have been asking for a character creator and this is actually the best way to do it.

Combot's are going to be featured in online play but hopefully, maybe, they add a way to filter out combot players online just in case.

CSX

We should allow that insanity but allow us to ban combot for online play :)

It will be an option or something like that.

and that list is missing glorious deathfist

Sayah

I was expecting character reveals from the trailer but I guess we'll have to wait till E3 or something.

I also hope that's not the official boxart. Heihachi is double the size of Jin.......and it's too black and white.

GrayFoxPL

@Sayah- Ah cool.
Not gonna get my hopes up too much about the 'additional' characters, since they'll prob. be pallete swaps...unless we get a surprise SF CHARACTER =O OR BETTER YET
GON!
Could someone make me a Dragunov avy with him wearing a Samborero please? I wanna join in on the hype.

Man, there's no palette swaps since Tekken 4. Definitely new character movesets. They wouldn't make new animations for a combot character that uses 100% other characters moves. They also can't do additional movesets to known characters as it would break their tag2 balance from arcade.

That gif juggle definitely looked ninja style, Kunimitsu for sure.

I was expecting character reveals from the trailer but I guess we'll have to wait till E3 or something.

I also hope that's not the official boxart. Heihachi is double the size of Jin.......and it's too black and white.

It's perspective. Hei is just closer to the "camera"

Pachimari

Bottom shot reminds me of the jungle level from Tekken 4, which is good!

Nice find AAK.

And as to your question on TZ, I think the DLC characters are those adding up to the 50+, not additional characters above the 50+.

GrayFoxPL

Man, they keep changing Jin's face all the time.

After watching Mandril lately I'm telling you Jin's face remind me of Marko Zaror's from the movie.

Jin doesn't even look 1% Asian anymore, lol.

ioHiFWxnhd7k4.jpg

I think his hair looks the most different. He almost looks we caught him mid-Super Sayan transformation, when it used to be a lot more horizontal.

267px-Jin_Kazama_-_Full-body_CG_Art_Image_-_Tekken_6.png

Tekken Net 2D Illustration Lottery Draw:

Tomio Fujisawa's Illustrations-

ALISA | ANNA | ARMOR KING | ASUKA | BAEK | BOB | BRUCE | BRYAN | CHRISTIE |
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DEVIL JIN | DRAGUNOV | EDDY | FENG | GANRYU | HEIHACHI | HWOARANG |
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
JACK-6 | JAYCEE | JIN | JINPACHI | JUN | KAZUYA | KING | KUMA | LARS | LEI |
LEE | LEO | LAW | LILI | MARDUK | MIGUEL | MOKUJIN | NINA | PANDA | PAUL |
RAVEN | ROGER | STEVE | T. OGRE | WANG | XIAOYU | YOSHIMITSU | ZAFINA |

JUNNY's Illustrations-

Shunya Yamashita's Illustrations-

--

The usual: If you somehow found one that is not on this list or found a bigger version of it please post it. :)

Hopefully we'll get this complete before the game on Tekken Net is over.

LowParry

Ling's been my main (off and on) for years in Tekken. Ling's superior version will come soon. Her SFxT version is just ass however she does look pretty killer in that Chun Alpha outfit. :D

Edit: Oh yeah, AAK. Fix that main page logo!

About Tag mode in subsequent Tekkens
“We think [Tag Tournament 2] is so unique that if we were to put out Tekken 7, for example, and it only had one versus one, we might get a lot of people out there who ask us why not use the previous format, where you can do two on one, two on two, and one on one? So, we’re not sure, but this could become the standard [for Tekken].”
YES.

Pachimari

Ling's been my main (off and on) for years in Tekken. Ling's superior version will come soon. Her SFxT version is just ass however she does look pretty killer in that Chun Alpha outfit. :D

Edit: Oh yeah, AAK. Fix that main page logo!
I like you.

Ling Xiaoyu has been my favorite since Tekken 3. Even though I also like Leo, Jun, Michelle and Asuka. Ling is something special.

LowParry

Leo is a beast. I really like.....her style. And Jin is looking a lot better in TTT2 which I'll probably pick up on. I may have to put Kaz away though. The more I play with other characters, the less great I do with wave dashing. Odd as it sounds.

Pachimari

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Promotional Car, vrooooom...

5cU07l.jpg

You'll be able to pit your customised Combot against other players online. "Currently we hope to be able to use them in Arcade mode and online play," says Harada. "Obviously there's a problem with ranked matches, but other than that we hope to have other modes available."
I surely think Harada is thinking of the Combot issue online.

One of the first minigames lets you to pull of complex attacks and combos by tapping any button successively; the aim here is to teach players the importance of basic timing. After this prologue sequence, Violet/Lee accidentally destroys the Combot, and you start again with a new unit - and full controls.
This actually sounds like the "button mashing" sequence in the 'Fight Lab' trailer.

Another suggested idea is a Juggling tutorial where players must hit Gon up into the air and then keep him afloat with successive strikes. With each successful hit Gon expands like a beachball, until he eventually pops.
Gon might not return but I think it's funny how Harada uses him as an example anyway. "Trolling" the fans? =p Maybe a hint?
Anyway, I thought another article mentioned this very idea but with Ganryu instead of Gon, weird.

VideoGamer.com

I guess these are eventually going to be the Kotobukiya Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Bishoujo figure line-up:

OUT NOW

ANNOUNCED

RUMORED

STILL LEFT

MAYBE, JUST MAYBE

As one of the 5 people who liked Tekken 4, I'm disappointed that the beach stage didn't make a return

Also, if it isn't too much trouble, can someone avatarize this Dragunov pic? I have no idea how to put on the new logo

I am officially hype

Sayah

I loved Tekken 4 too. :D
The beach stage might return. There's still a lot of unannounced stages for the console version.
And I would resize the picture if I still had fireworks on my computer. Someone else will do it here for you soon, I'm sure.

Pachimari

I actually want the beach stage back as well. Really have a nice atmosphere and mood going on.

And I loved Tekken 4 as well. Though, I love all the Tekkens.

Oh boy, Mall stage is one of my favorites too!

Airport Stage.

Touch and Go.

Yeah.

Ahh! That music

Nostalgia'ing hard right now

Excluding the lab, T4 had the best mix of stages in the series. I liked that all the locations were somewhat low-key and kind of seem like places that people might actually fight at. You can fight in a mall, a garage, in a building, an airport, in an underground fight club; the only thing missing was a nightclub level.

So good.

Top Bottom