• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fogz

Nox and the Crusader games are also on sale, supposed to be amazing games.

Was thinking of grabbing Syndicate as I never played it before, but I have no idea how it will hold up now.

THERE'S A NEW ARCADE IS BRISBANE

It's in the Valley on Wickham St, just down the road from the train station. I saw it from the bus window, so all I had time to take in was that it was pretty large, had Daytona 2 machines, and Tekken 6. I'll be in to investigate on the weekend.

I'm pretty happy. It was sad to see the great decline of the arcade from the late 90's. I'm so used to arcades closing down that a new arcade springing up is completely unexpected. In Brisbane of all places!

Gazunta

THERE'S A NEW ARCADE IS BRISBANE

It's in the Valley on Wickham St, just down the road from the train station. I saw it from the bus window, so all I had time to take in was that it was pretty large, had Daytona 2 machines, and Tekken 6. I'll be in to investigate on the weekend.

I'm pretty happy. It was sad to see the great decline of the arcade from the late 90's. I'm so used to arcades closing down that a new arcade springing up is completely unexpected. In Brisbane of all places!

It still smells like the random item shop that was in that room for the last 30 years though :)

Great to see more arcades though!

It still smells like the random item shop that was in that room for the last 30 years though :)

Great to see more arcades though!

What games do they have? I'm trying not to get too excited, but shit... this is the first new arcade I've seen in Brisbane in probably ten years!

Shaneus

Call me a cunt*, but there's nothing more awesome than getting a reminder about an old blog you had, looking up said blog, remembering a whole bunch of posts about and comments from your shitty ex, looking up a nom de plume online and finding an OkCupid profile saying they're single (was married) and using a picture for their profile that was taken BEFORE they met you (read: 8+ years ago). Oh man, life is fucking sweet right now.

Time for moar cider. And to fire up Binary Domain PC.

*don't call me a cunt

Just got back from a great day. Saw battleship, thought it was alrightish. What bothered me most was the UMURICA shoot everything attitude, since the aliens didn't really seem aggressive until the navy started shooting at them.
It was Australian air force that saved the day though, so that was nice
. They also killed the actor I went to see the film for 30 minutes in =/ Best/worst part was either
when they were shooting based on the tsunami beacons and I realised they actually WERE playing battleship
OR
when they used the museum ship, as if that would really work and be full of ammo -_- but the old blokes helping was funny, I'll admit
. Went to karaoke after that, came home and died.

Just got back from a great day. Saw battleship, thought it was alrightish. What bothered me most was the UMURICA shoot everything attitude, since the aliens didn't really seem aggressive until the navy started shooting at them
(It was Australian air force that saved the day though, so that was nice).

Come on! Massive spoiler! :(

Rezbit

No offense to anyone who has but I don't know why people would willingly hand over $16.50 to see Battleshit.

The Avengers on the other hand!

wtf, a 27 page thread about a trailer for the sequel to the game that no-one even fucking bought? What the hell is wrong with people. Also they should have bought Origins as it was awesome.

Analogue: A Hate Story is out on Steam now.

Xbox Smash Bros too!

I'm sorry though :(
All good. I was mostly joking, mostly. Also the movie posters do a terrible job of selling the movie.

Battleship-movie-poster-(2012)-picture-MOV_e7bad551_b.jpg

That sure as hell does not look like the dude who played Gambit in that Xmen movie or the football dude and Liam Neeson doesn't look like the Taken dude. Terrible piece of marketing.

Clipper

The Vita deal is tempting, but I think it's just JB's preparation for an official price drop...

Must hold out...

Edit: Then again, if there's ambassador-like content in the drop, it might be better off buying now after all...

Dude, hate on Marky Mark all you want, but don't hate on him for this.

Also, why the reference to Steam fanboys?

Hey I love me some Marky Mark but the Max Payne movie was a waste of everyone's time.

Also I was referring to any GOG thread becomes a battlefield for Steam fanboys to call anyone buying a game from GOG cunts since they said that massively discounted games are hurting day one sales of games. Which is true in a way but the GOG guys never meant it as Steam being bad, on the contrary they regularly say it is the reason why the PC gaming industry is so alive.

AusGAFfers who follow @AusGAF! Did you notice the changes (as suggested by, I think, Agyar)? Do you ever follow the direct link to the post at the end? Would it better to point it at Mobile GAF instead? Do away with it altogether? Any other suggestions?

Also a reminder that you can have it omit your Twitter name or posts completely if you want, or alternatively if you want me to link your Twitter account with your GAF username just post it here or PM me.

Speaking of dating well, Alien is still a incredible experience. Perfect cinematography, fantastic acting, fantastic direction to create such a powerful atmosphere and the pacing is spot on. Even if Prometheus is just a 2012 retread it will be the best movie of the year easily.

Uno!
It has dated surprisingly well IMO. There is a sound issue in cutscenes, seems this might be a valid fix. http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=848215

If you think the first has held up well you will love the hell out of 2. Graphics are much improved, the game is paced a lot better and the difficulty doesn't spike randomly anywhere near as much. The story is awesomer and the gameplay is tweaked to perfection.

markot

Banned
Hey I love me some Marky Mark but the Max Payne movie was a waste of everyone's time.

Also I was referring to any GOG thread becomes a battlefield for Steam fanboys to call anyone buying a game from GOG cunts since they said that massively discounted games are hurting day one sales of games. Which is true in a way but the GOG guys never meant it as Steam being bad, on the contrary they regularly say it is the reason why the PC gaming industry is so alive.

Gog Dog! (Thats a gog fanboy!)

Gazunta

They were still preparing it all when I walked by, couldn't make out what was what sorry. Pretty sure I saw the usual suspects like "Daytona for people who didn't buy it on XBLA or PSN" and "car continually drifting sideways simulator version 2847393".

maladroid

Lol and then piling on 8 goals. Are the afl telling teams to just tank a wee bit so gws don't look totally awful?
If they did, I don't think any of the first four teams GWS faced were listening. And if they were a listening, I wonder what West Coast and North Melbourne would have ended up with if they didn't tank a little bit. Does anybody else think GWS looks like what would have happened if GAF owned a footy team?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom