• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 II | Welcome Home Eureka

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

Wow, you guys are quick,

Thanks!
Looking through everything now and yeah you guys have restored my hope in the genre of anime.

Going to start with Haibane Renmei and Time of Eve, then continue along with the other recommendations, if anyone else still wants to chime in please do so!

I edited my recommendations to add two more, and pics. :)

I think you'll really like Time of Eve, it meets pretty much all your requirements.

cajunator

Banned
Fate Zero 17

I really think this show has more substance to it in a single episode when the characters are just talking to each other than some shows have in an entire season filled with action scenes.
When I get the second overpriced boxset, this will surely be rewatched several times, because there are so many schemes and traitorous actions and ideals being thrown about that its kind of difficult to keep up with them all. but it makes for a very unpredictable and exciting show. This continues to look amazing and the motorcvle scene with Saber is just badass as fuck.

Jex

So yeah, I'm pretty sure I've worked out what this image in the OP of Fate/Zero is all about. Which isn't really any kind of feat, because it's pretty obvious:

FateZeroOP213.jpg

Speculation spoilers for up to the current episode episode and beyond
these folks are all going to die.

cajunator

Banned
I should Watch K-ON!! also. I liked season one a lot so I should enjoy S2 as well.
Really not sure why I haven't been in a bigger hurry to see it. I guess lots of other stuff has come out in the meantime.

Jex

[Fate/Zero 17]

This was a good episode. I wasn't really as bothered by the pacing as some people. Some expected stuff happened, but it was handled well.

Wait, duckroll mentioned that this episode felt a little stretched? *insert reference to episode 1 somewhere*

Lain

Bodacious Space Pirates 16

Cosplay
pirates was a bit stupid, to think Omigawa's character
stayed up 3 days to do that...
she could have just
made pirate outfits for the girls instead.
Lynn was badass during the pirating but even more at the end of the episode
when she told Marika & rest about the job offer to kidnap Jenny.
I'm really curious to know the reason for that.

cajunator

Banned
It wasn't that badly paced. If anything it resembled the extended episodes that come with the FZ box. Even more exposition and sidechatter. This episode's words led to some important changes though so they couldn't have been cut out.

cajunator

Banned
Ducks are mean :(

Also, Sankarea is pretty disturbing in a way.
It just gives off some really weird vibes. I like it though.
I'm probably fucked up.
Just for clarification I'm talking about the whole zombie girl thing and not
her father sexually abusing her as a child
. That is just fucked up and wrong.

Lain

Bodacious Space Pirates 17

AWESOME episode! This is the show that keeps on giving, now providing even some yuri
(that kiss scene was great, especially with Lynn and Jenny kissing again right after)
so now I wonder if Marika will end with Chiaki or with the princess, or if she'll go harem route end and just get them both.

cajunator

Banned
Sankarea 02

Well as I discussed a little while ago, this episode is fucked up.
But aside from that, this show is interesting. I know where its going and the whole idea is kind of freaky but I'm going to stick with it and see how this goes.
This does resemble a shaft show in ways, and really feels very un-Deen. Maybe THIS Deen can remake Fate Stay night? I'm sure it would be a lot nicer to look at this time at least.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I'm glad more people are checking out Kuroko aka Japanese Nash and Amare Conquer The Pacific
Bleach dubwatch ep 190-193
tumblr_m37x536ss31qbxqfpo1_500.jpg

First time hearing Nel's dub voice
released form
. Velonica is still great. Uryu and Renji are hilarious dubbed. Nothing else of note beyond just viz having no music on any of the dvd menus in this set?

Yep.

I'm glad more people are checking out Kuroko aka Japanese Nash and Amare Conquer The Pacific

I think the timing for this show and the unpleasantries of this NBA post season are too much of a coincidence lol.

Kuroko no Basket ep 4

Yeah pretty boy after you went bankai you like that?! It was so um hgh..ghhg...ghghgngh.
No but seriously I really like the directing the show has and the pace. I've only started watching drama sports shows very recently but I have to say this is doing well. Most times it'll get to a point where the action seems like it drags when the focus shifts around. So we know Kuroko is weak physically but the rest of the team is pretty clutch when it matters. Buzzer beater ending, love it. Also really like the music in this show.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Pretty much.

Although I don't see why we have to neglect any of the girls, can't we just love them all, even Ritsuko and Kotori?

except Yukiho. she can disappear as far as I'm concerned.

Yeah, none of them are bad,
though Yukiho is absolutely boring.

cajunator

Banned
Space Bros 05

This show is so awesome. SO AWESOME.
I love stories like this and I love anything to do with space travel.
I will also admit that the stupid little pug is kind of cute.
I was especially pleased to see a reference to the movie Apollo Thirteen.
The music definitely helps with the atmosphere of the show.
Overall just a really well done series and one that I will certainly follow to its end.

wonzo

Banned
kotori > ritsuko > *

HxH 2011 29

Hmm, I must say that I've been enjoying this more since the Nen training started although I still feel the original series has handled things better. It looks like they'll start to cover
Kurapika's Nen training
in the next episode.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
God Tier: Kotori, Chihaya
A Tier: Miki, Haruka
B Tier: Iori, Ami, Mami
C Tier: Makoto, Azusa, Yayoi
D Tier: Hibiki, Takane
Retire Already Tier: Ritsuko
Bury Yourself In The Desert Tier: Yukiho

Uchip

Banned
Space Bros 05

This show is so awesome. SO AWESOME.
I love stories like this and I love anything to do with space travel.
I will also admit that the stupid little pug is kind of cute.
I was especially pleased to see a reference to the movie Apollo Thirteen.
The music definitely helps with the atmosphere of the show.
Overall just a really well done series and one that I will certainly follow to its end.

Yes, to everything in this post
How many episodes are planned?

Go_Ly_Dow

The Kanon 2002 faces are definitely cuter than the 2006 faces.
The 2006 style is just CGed to death and looks stupid.

I want to punch you right now cajun

Don't argue guys :(

I will make this easier for you:

Also stumbled across this during my research:

The Eyes of Kyoto Animation

KyoAni has a certain style about their characters’ eyes which can be seen in Haruhi, Air, Kanon, and Clannad, and perhaps Lucky Star. While they all share the familiar reflective spot (is there a better name for that?), the Haruhi eyes have a few extra spots and the Key-based eyes have a few extra streaks plus blush marks below the eyes. Can details this subtle play major roles in defining the personality of a character?

cajunator

Banned
Yes, to everything in this post
How many episodes are planned?

It was briefly listed at "48+ episodes".

Sorry, I still choose 2002. The 2006 style is just...boring. Its a pretty style overall but its just so boring. The 2002 faces are all derpy but they have a charming look to them. I don't really care that 2006 was drawn better. To me it looks worse and it just reminds me too much of the look of visual novels. Thats what its supposed to look like and thats probably why I dontl ike it.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Kuroko ep 4

WINNING TIME

You can't guard clutch, bitch!
I think the timing for this show and the unpleasantries of this NBA post season are too much of a coincidence lol.

Kuroko no Basket ep 4

Yeah pretty boy after you went bankai you like that?! It was so um hgh..ghhg...ghghgngh.
No but seriously I really like the directing the show has and the pace. I've only started watching drama sports shows very recently but I have to say this is doing well. Most times it'll get to a point where the action seems like it drags when the focus shifts around. So we know Kuroko is weak physically but the rest of the team is pretty clutch when it matters. Buzzer beater ending, love it. Also really like the music in this show.
I love it. I don't know why.

frostbyte

Both have their merits, really. There's just something about those 2006 faces that don't seem quite right. It's really touched up using CG, moe-ified and rounded; It looks artificial in a way, just slightly off. 2002's faces aren't proportionate at times but that just increases its cuteness. Shiori's picture (third picture down) just emanates cute from that oddly proportioned derpy face. Mai (fourth picture down) also is absurdly cute in that picture, even though her face is slightly squashed.

Risette

A Good Citizen
Both have their merits, really. There's just something about those 2006 faces that don't seem quite right. It's really touched up using CG, moe-ified and rounded; It looks artificial in a way, just slightly off. 2002's faces aren't proportionate at times but that just increases its cuteness. Shiori's picture (third picture down) just emanates cute from that oddly proportioned derpy face. Mai (fourth picture down) also is absurdly cute in that picture, even though her face is slightly squashed.
my god animegaf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom