• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zen United is publishing Persona 4 Arena in Europe

I feel for you guys, you are getting hosed.

How hard would it be for you guys to import Japan or US consoles in future- if you're a FG fan I'd say Euro consoles aren't worth it period.

I'm kinda split on whether to get DOA or Tekken, or neither. I really like VF, but I'm realistic in that I don't think it will last long past Tekken here. If Persona is awesome I might just hold out- though I'm hitting a tourney to see DOA early.

Every time the "import a system" argument comes into region locking debates, my ignore list grows. How anyone can seriously bring that up as an option, I have no idea. If a company doesn't want my money, I'm not going to go out of my way to give it to them. Instead, I'm going to say "fuck em" and give it to a company that DOES want my money. There isn't a shortage of good games coming out, I don't HAVE to buy anything.

NEO0MJ

Every time the "import a system" argument comes into region locking debates, my ignore list grows. How anyone can seriously bring that up as an option, I have no idea. If a company doesn't want my money, I'm not going to go out of my way to give it to them. Instead, I'm going to say "fuck em" and give it to a company that DOES want my money. There isn't a shortage of good games coming out, I don't HAVE to buy anything.

Well said.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Also seriously, half the reason I got a PS3 is because it's region-free. The solution is already here, it's just that Atlus decided not to use it.

TGMIII

Like I said, just assume that it's launching in September. August 31st would make sense since it's a Friday and games tend to launch on Fridays but since we're just about 4 weeks away from that date and they've still had nothing to say I'd doubt they're going to make it in time.

How long does print & ship take once a game goes gold?

CPS2

I don't mind waiting. My interest in the game isn't going to drop off, and i don't really care whether other people are still interested in it or not by the time it releases. Actually i'd be pretty surprised if i can even find anyone to play against (even if it was out locally right now).

2 weeks?

But they have to announce their special editions, get that made, get the pre-orders etc.
It's at least 6 weeks away, if not 2-3 months.

Zen United also tends to be reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeealy late with their release date announcements. I mean, with Extend they had a video of them opening up a box full of Vita carts as their release date announcement video a fortnight before release. AFAIK the special edition announcement was the following week. Point is, don't declare it a September release until late August.

alstein

That's a fair enough argument- but I think FG fans should know after years and years, that a Euro system just isn't worth it. I agree with saying "fuck em" as an option as well, and in the case of Persona where it was an unpleasant surprise, it would be justified.

If the PS3 hadn't been region-free , I would likely have bought a Japanese PS3 or 360 years ago.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
That's a fair enough argument- but I think FG fans should know after years and years, that a Euro system just isn't worth it. I agree with saying "fuck em" as an option as well, and in the case of Persona where it was an unpleasant surprise, it would be justified.

If the PS3 hadn't been region-free , I would likely have bought a Japanese PS3 or 360 years ago.

I don't know why you keep insisting that the Euro system isn't worth it for FG fans?

This is the only issue that came up in this generation, unless you're talking about people who own a 360.

I don't know why you keep insisting that the Euro system isn't worth it for FG fans?

This is the only issue that came up in this generation, unless you're talking about people who own a 360.

Pretty much. I'm struggling to think of a single last gen fighting game that had online play.

Hell, I should also point out that we haven't even been consistently screwed over when it comes to fighting games. We got VF4 Evo before the US.

Patashnik

Neo Member
Zen United also tends to be reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeealy late with their release date announcements. I mean, with Extend they had a video of them opening up a box full of Vita carts as their release date announcement video a fortnight before release. AFAIK the special edition announcement was the following week. Point is, don't declare it a September release until late August.

It's also worth noting that, even if a game has passed submission at MS and Sony in US and Japan, it STILL has to be resubmitted to both platform holders in Europe.

So basically,if an EU publisher gets the finished master after it's passed in the US (which is the most likely scenario) you're looking at a couple months before it's ready. So, annoying as it is, September / October would be making pretty good time on that basis...

alstein

Pretty much. I'm struggling to think of a single last gen fighting game that had online play.

Hell, I should also point out that we haven't even been consistently screwed over when it comes to fighting games. We got VF4 Evo before the US.

Oh. I just remember long delays for BB and Persona, I guess when there aren't delays you don't really notice. Or maybe it's just anime fighters (though you guys did get AH3 on 360 with a disc, our locals imported AH3)

It's also worth noting that, even if a game has passed submission at MS and Sony in US and Japan, it STILL has to be resubmitted to both platform holders in Europe.

So basically,if an EU publisher gets the finished master after it's passed in the US (which is the most likely scenario) you're looking at a couple months before it's ready. So, annoying as it is, September / October would be making pretty good time on that basis...

Zen U and PQube can afford to take their time as well. They have a very large fanbase for Arc Games who are quite glad to pay for their translations on mainland Europe, especially with heavy story focused games like BlazBlue. The British Isles and Scandinavia are not as big a market for them so they have to wait till the Multi-5 version is done and take the lump. It's all about business after all.

Dantis

Hurm. Apparently someone on GFAQs Emailed PQube and was told that the release date is now September 7th.

The delays begin. Gotta love Zen United.

Dantis

I dunno why it even bothers me. Seeing as we're getting it late, I'm only renting it for the story mode anyway. As long as I play it within something resembling a reasonable time-frame, there's really no problem.

And yet I'm so mad.

Tizoc

But I want it NOW!
But to be fully honest, I'm not angry with the delay as I have yet to play P4, but it's the principal of the thing that really makes my blood boil.

Look mate I wanna renovates fools' asses with my main man Kanji as much as the next guy...but if u can have the patience of the wolf awaiting Spring, your patience will (hopefully) be rewarded.

7th sept ??
Too soon it'll be pushed back

Hey KoF XIII got released eventually despite all it's delays~

Hey KoF XIII got released eventually despite all it's delays~

KOF 13 was released in the same timeframe as the US version creating a nice community to grow very easily ..

Also it's rising star games that handled KOF 13 not ZEN united/pqube.

Tizoc

KOF 13 was released in the same timeframe as the US version creating a nice community to grow very easily ..

Also it's rising star games that handled KOF 13 not ZEN united/pqube.

Which makes me wonder why Rising Star couldn't get the publishing rights for the EU ver. =/

Dantis

Did anyone see that in that interview the Zen guy hinted that they'd be publishing The Golden?

I really hope they don't.

It's about either being pragmatic or arguing principle issues. Some people actually wantto play a specific game at a given time and for them it's not just about finding something to play. It's not that hard to understand. I was lucky KOF XIII didn't have these issues but had it been the case I wouldn't have accepted any substitutes because I wanted to play that particular game, not just any good game.

Credits to Dantis for the info on the delayed release date in the EU. My FGC writing job is at HitCombo.net and I've put up an article there about the rumoured delay.

http://www.hitcombo.net/games/rumour-persona-4-arena-eu-release-pushed-back-to-7th-september/

I have also emailed a "Kevin" at PQube to try and find out more details.

EDIT: I can confirm that Persona 4 Arena will be coming out in Europe on the 7th of Sepember. The Kevin chappie got back quickly. :)

Top Bottom