• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show us your gaming setup: 2008 edition

Timan

Developer
gray_fox224 said:
Here's mine. Sorry about the dim light. I couldn't get the flash to work.

Vitals:
Samsung LNT 4665F calibrated
Super Famicom
Sega Genesis 3
Sega Saturn
Sega Dreamcast (1 of 3)
and etc. They're there, it's just too dark :lol

Mind if I ask what settings you have for your tv? I have the same panel, and curious what you had setup.

Kadey said:
Sometime it's all about the little things.

smalltv.jpg

Jesus. Where do you work?

gray_fox224

Timan said:
Mind if I ask what settings you have for your tv? I have the same panel, and curious what you had setup.

Sure. I use a calibration made from AVS member WPWOODJR. After using many different settings, these were the best in my and the forum's opinion.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showpost.php?p=11287410&postcount=1499

I use the standard one. Movie is dark for my taste becuase I love to have "pop."

Note, since you have the 65 series, put Color Space to "Wide." Also, I have my color at '47.' It's just a personal preference since 50 tends to make skin tones a bit unnatural.

My setup:

trailer1.JPG

Wait, wrong setup! Sorry, I was just getting jealous of these big TV's/collections that outclass mine by a margin of 50. I just had to show something of mine that I find impressive. I also have a '06 WR250F just out of frame, if that helps...

wormstrangler said:
My setup:

Wait, wrong setup! Sorry, I was just getting jealous of these big TV's/collections that outclass mine by a margin of 50. I just had to show something of mine that I find impressive. I also have a '06 WR250F just out of frame, if that helps...

If it helps, I'm insanely jealous of what seems to be some sort of large hill or small mountain in the background.

[Illinois FTL]

Alfarif

This picture? uhh I can explain really!
Kadey said:
Sometime it's all about the little things.

smalltv.jpg

Sad but true... this was my setup for the longest. It makes me feel so nostalgic. No matter how big the TV gets or how nice the furniture ends up, nothing will ever beat what I owned as a kid... memories!

guess

Almost the same as last year except for random plants and pictures.

apt1.jpg

Samsung LNS4095D
Wii
DVDs and an old Panasonic Home Theater in a Box system behind the glass.
PS3 soon

apt2.jpg

apt3.jpg

apt4.jpg

Mario Galaxy, Wii Sports, and
the other two games suck

apt5.jpg

Some older games and PS2

Minotauro

Finds Purchase on Dog Nutz
Here's my setup. Or, as I call it, my den of perpetual virginity. I apologize for the somewhat shitty nature of most of these pics. For as many settings as my mom's digital camera has, none of them ever result in a non-shit-looking image.

setup1.jpg

setup2.jpg

setup3.jpg

setup4.jpg

setup5.jpg

Minotauro

mike23 said:
jeez, got enough icons? lol
it must take you forever to find stuff

Heh, I've been meaning to do some cleanup for some time now. I figured it would be easier to get a second monitor though... ;)

And, for the record, that's an Avid editing keyboard. I alternate between it and an old school IBM clicky keyboard.

allreal

my humble setup

IMG_0280.jpg

westy 37" 720p
ps3
wii
ds

IMG_0270.jpg

computer

IMG_0281.jpg

blurays, ff chronicles to the very left n calvin n hobbes complete collection to the right (thank you to whoever posted the cnh's amazon deal in the ot couple weeks ago, picked it up in a quickness:D)

IMG_0285.jpg

and my games

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Is there a running for worst setup? I could probably enter it and win.

zoukka

For as many settings as my mom's digital camera has...

Don`t tell me you live with your parents...

If you dont, my hand to you about that room. That wall of digital entertainment is really opressing in a good way :)

Minotauro

zoukka said:
Don`t tell me you live with your parents...

If you dont, my hand to you about that room. That wall of digital entertainment is really opressing in a good way :)

Nah, I don't live with my parents. They got a divorce about a year ago so I only really live with my mom. By my estimation, that makes me only half the loser I used to be. Or, maybe not.

Karg

Basic Layout:
Haircut010.jpg

Almighty Chair That Wife Hates:
Haircut009.jpg

Need To Get Better Picture When Sun Comes Out
GameRoom021.jpg

Hand Me Down Couch from In-Laws With Dog
GameRoom016.jpg

Super awesome DVD pickup that beats all (damn right there is action, so much they had to put it in caps......):
008.jpg

zoukka

Minotauro said:
Nah, I don't live with my parents. They got a divorce about a year ago so I only really live with my mom. By my estimation, that makes me only half the loser I used to be. Or, maybe not.

Heh i`m just jeallous to people who were not kicked away when they turned 18 and do not have to live in a shitty apartment and eat noodles every day except christmas, when it`s X-mas-noodles.

But i guess i`ll join the "crappiest setup" club when i get a camera at my hands.

JohnsonUT

00001.jpg

00002.jpg

00003.jpg

00005.jpg

00004.jpg

I prefer a clean look, so I love being able to put all games and controllers in the drawers. Also, I put all my old consoles in the closet and only pull them out when needed. We just had a baby and that is why there are toys and swings and gliders in the room.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
scissorfight said:
i think the $349 stand below it and hanging the plasma on the wall would look a lot better.

i guess it's good for those that really can't handle running a few wires in their wall.

Also the perfect solution for renters, or folks who want to move rooms around. There are game/dvd shelves on the side too. I saw it in real life yesterday and it's sweet.

FordStang

I love coming on this thread to see what everyones setup looks like. Freakin Awesome! I need to post mine, but I get to lazy to take a couple of pictures.

allreal

tmaynard said:
Where did you get that desk?

EDIT: I think it's the Mikael from Ikea... How sturdy is it? I'll be using a 22" monitor, but it suggests a 17".

it is the mikael and its very sturdy..my monitors a 19" so you it should be fine.

JB1981

Minotauro said:
Heh, I've been meaning to do some cleanup for some time now. I figured it would be easier to get a second monitor though... ;)

And, for the record, that's an Avid editing keyboard. I alternate between it and an old school IBM clicky keyboard.
how do you like the v3000?

Minotauro

JB1981 said:
how do you like the v3000?

Well, it's actually the w3000 but that being said, I'm satisfied with it. The picture is fantastic and I notice very little if any input lag. At the same time, I can't say I'm satisfied with the motion blur although that really has more to do with issues inherent to LCD technology. I've been planning on selling it to my father and buying one of the 42 inch 1080p Panny plasmas but I think I'm going to end up holding onto it until the new plasmas come out this spring.

Top Bottom