• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 |OT3| : DIE HARDEREST (HAPPY NEW YEAR WOOHOO!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benedict

Did some extra shopping at GMG: MK KE, Jack Orlando and Alien Rage Unlimited.
Also Dayz from Steam. Got 3 foil cards for Dayz that I sold for 0.14-15 each. So I count that a small discount
AU7Amsc.gif

You have a Create-A-Player or whatever it's called mode which is more like Alpha Protocol with competent shooting. :)
You get experience for each action you do in the court, which you can spend on skill improvement, equipment or... fan support I guess. You have after game press conferences where you can win or lose fan/team/management support.
Honestly, it's a great game, and if you are even remotely interested in basketball, it's worth it's price.

No microtranslations in the PC version. :D

Sounds amazing! will buy in an hour when I get home.

Noticed that Lego Marvel was $11.99 on Amazon.com. I think it's for their best of 2013 sale. Are we going to have a thread for that? I ended up with $10 in credit for the sale thanks to purchases from them earlier this year.

Raxus

One last giveaway for the road. The quality games giveaway
and Chivalry!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can entry for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition -- MB-CC8A510876A5363E - Taken by Camel Master
Chivalry -- MB-CB9FCE504158D8F3
Guacamelee! Gold Edition -- MB-9D6CEEFDC782C117
Gunpoint -- MB-A96B491F13A4EBD1
Bioshock -- MB-3B2E56AB67928156

t1388843438z1.png

Good luck everyone!

I've been playing a bit of XCOM EU and enjoying it so far. However, there's a little voice in my head nudging me to pick up the Enemy Within DLC. Is it worth just playing through the vanilla version of the game and waiting for another sales offer on EW, or do I go all in and just skip the vanilla game and start up with the enhanced features of EW?

The features do seem kind of interesting and it feels like I'd be missing out by not moving my game over to the EW DLC integrated version of the game. On the other hand, maybe it's just best to crack on with the vanilla version for now.

What say you, GAF. Would you rather have played the game first time, vanilla or DLC enhanced?

ZeroCoin

Alright guys....I'm cashing out on my snow globes. I can't actually use the market currently so I need to trade / give them away. I've got a 4, 6, and a couple 7s. If anyone needs them, just start a trade with me. Here's my trading forum link to speed up the process.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/204650/tradingforum/630800446291040006/

Also, if you wanted to be nice and pass another game card to me that would be great, but unnecessary.

Just in case the forum link doesn't work properly, here's my steam id

http://steamcommunity.com/id/zerocoin/

Is there a list of all the Games on Amazon.com besides going to Amazon for the 5$ coupon?

I just saw Brothers is there for 5,99$ and with a coupon it would be 0,99$, but not sure if the discount is still there tomorrow.

jediyoshi

I've been playing a bit of XCOM EU and enjoying it so far. However, there's a little voice in my head nudging me to pick up the Enemy Within DLC. Is it worth just playing through the vanilla version of the game and waiting for another sales offer on EW, or do I go all in and just skip the vanilla game and start up with the enhanced features of EW?

The features do seem kind of interesting and it feels like I'd be missing out by not moving my game over to the EW DLC integrated version of the game. On the other hand, maybe it's just best to crack on with the vanilla version for now.

What say you, GAF. Would you rather have played the game first time, vanilla or DLC enhanced?

If you're already chugging along with EU and are just waiting for a sale on EW, may as well finish it. Though EW does feel like the base game's content times two. If you ever get tired of seeing the swamp level during downed UFO missions, maybe just switch over.

Benedict

GMG has a nice offer where Enemy Within is 50% discounted, £9.99.
Add the 25% code Rhaknar posted earlier and it will be the cheapest yet 7,49.

ZeroCoin

Small giveaway. Still love this game though.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Machinarium -- MB-1D9B2825975F62B2 - Taken by Garcia. 3 entrants total.

t1388759199z1.png

Lain

and Chivalry!

Good luck everyone!

Almost tempted to enter for Chivalry, to get a second try at liking the game... but I'm probably not gonna do it.
Great giveaway anyways.

GMG has a nice offer where Enemy Within is 50% discounted, £9.99.
Add the 25% code Rhaknar posted earlier and it will be the cheapest yet 7,49.

Locked into Steam with this. I've got £14 left in my wallet, so despite it being cheaper at GMG, I don't want to spend any more real world money, if you get what I mean.

My game in EU isn't too far along, so I think I'll start again with EW. I am reading this right in that the DLC basically offers a bunch of enhancements, extra missions over the top of the main game, rather than it being its own seperate thing, like Red Dead Redemption : Undead Nightmare, to pull a random example off the top of my head.

Ensirius

and Chivalry!

Good luck everyone!

Fantastic Giveaway, not entering, but fantastic nonetheless

Bought Skyrim Legendary Edition. I'm not sure when I'll be able to play but it was just such a steal

random

Great giveaway Raxus!

And for those that missed out on ZeroCoin's giveaway that ended a few minutes ago, here's another chance to win Machinarium.

ModBot 3 said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Machinarium -- MB-8AB3F503ACCD73E6 - Taken by NotSelf. 7 entrants total.

t1388760143z1.png

I have £10 burning a hole. Torn between Borderlands 2 (to play on my own) and Chivalry Deadliest Warrior.

I have a penchant for cutting off heads, so I know which one I'm leaning towards.

oipic

I have £10 burning a hole. Torn between Borderlands 2 (to play on my own) and Chivalry Deadliest Warrior.

I have a penchant for cutting off heads, so I know which one I'm leaning towards.

Single-player vs multi-player, I guess (although you could always do both with BL2 - I found it quite playable solo, though).

G'night, SteamGAF - will see you fine people back in the comfort of the regular thread soon!

The Steam inventory going down is giving me a headache. I have $12.59 in my account and I needed to sell a few cards for 90 cents to buy Payday 2 (a friend volunteered to buy them from me) to make up the difference. FML. There should've been an option to transfer money from a Steam wallet to another.

Valve really needs to fix this ASAP before the sale ends or atleast extend it.

The_Monk

Single-player vs multi-player, I guess (although you could always do both with BL2 - I found it quite playable solo, though).

G'night, SteamGAF - will see you fine people back in the comfort of the regular thread soon!

See you in the regular thread oipic!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom