• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa Mafia |OT| Grin and Bear It

Sawneeks

Banned
I would lynch you this very instant if the others weren't all like 'nuuuuuu we have to use the whole day phase guysssss'

I mean we could just lynch CzarTim and end early but with the real possibility one of us will die during the night it's important we just get everything off our chest in case we don't survive.

Also everything ( well, almost everything ) that can be done Day 5 can be done now so there isn't a reason to rush. This is the second time you have suggested this too, what's the rush to get to the Night phase so quickly??

Swamped

Banned
I mean we could just lynch CzarTim and end early but with the real possibility one of us will die during the night it's important we just get everything off our chest in case we don't survive.

Also everything ( well, almost everything ) that can be done Day 5 can be done now so there isn't a reason to rush. This is the second time you have suggested this too, what's the rush to get to the Night phase so quickly??

:'( it was a joke because CzarTim hasn't seen the greatest movies of all time :(

And I don't remember asking to end the day early before my joke?

God the atmosphere in this game is getting far too serious and tense. Look at Archer, claiming ridiculous roles all willy-nilly. Are they even serious about their KGB issue?

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
I think you're all scummy as fuck tbh
ib0uQqwjWsTHQl.gif

Sawneeks

Banned
:'( it was a joke because CzarTim hasn't seen the greatest movies of all time :(

And I don't remember asking to end the day early before my joke?

God the atmosphere in this game is getting far too serious and tense. Look at Archer, claiming ridiculous roles all willy-nilly. Are they even serious about their KGB issue?

I'm probably remembering something wrong. It's late, I'm tired, and I probably shouldn't be posting. I didn't mean for that to be aggressive, I'm sorry. ;___;

Also don't you know this is Super High School Level Serious Club? We take NO nonsense here! None! Keep your silly shenanigans in Archer!
i've noticed it too. like yo guys debating is fun but you could cut the tension with a knife sometimes.

Swamped

Banned
I'm probably remembering something wrong. It's late, I'm tired, and I probably shouldn't be posting. I didn't mean for that to be aggressive, I'm sorry. ;___;

Also don't you know this is Super High School Level Serious Club? We take NO nonsense here! None! Keep your silly shenanigans in Archer!
i've noticed it too. like yo guys debating is fun but you could cut the tension with a knife sometimes.

Aw, you're cute! We need more Goshu vs Makai tbh. Most entertaining debate to come out of this game so far.

Makai

Aw, you're cute! We need more Goshu vs Makai tbh. Most entertaining debate to come out of this game so far.

You know, I've been wanting to bring in some more fun. Dots and Boxes was the best part of last game. I've got a new game planned, and this one can't be gamed with an AI. I got the impression that Crab and CzarTim would lead a policy lynch against me if I brought it out, but that doesn't seem to be a concern anymore, so let's party! The loser of Blarg's game had to reveal their role. That seems pretty harsh and Despair players will just lie if they lose. So instead, the loser of my game has to vote with the winner on Day 5. Winner gets to be a double voter for a round! First person to submit a move accepts the duel and agrees to play to completion. I'll explain the rules tomorrow and the game starts then.

I6adzhA.gif

CzarTim is exluded.

Sawneeks

Banned
You know, I've been wanting to bring in some more fun. Dots and Boxes was the best part of last game. I've got a new game planned, and this one can't be gamed with an AI. I got the impression that Crab and CzarTim would lead a policy lynch against me if I brought it out, but that doesn't seem to be a concern anymore, so let's party! The loser of Blarg's game had to reveal their role. That seems pretty harsh and Despair players will just lie if they lose. So instead, the loser of my game has to vote with the winner on Day 5. Winner gets to be a double voter for a round! First person to submit a move accepts the duel and agrees to play to completion. I'll explain the rules tomorrow and the game starts then.

I6adzhA.gif

CzarTim is exluded.

Does the loser have to follow the winner's every single vote on Day 5 or just the end-day vote?

Glad to have livened up the game a little!

We seem to have been set upon a path of tension and unintentional hostility for a while now. And certainly, Day 2’s duel did not help matter. Not to mention that several players have chosen to adopt playstyles that antagonize fellow players.

Though I do not argue against the logic of abrasive playstyles, I believe this choice by a few players may have contributed in generating a rather high-strung environment for all players. Nevertheless, it remains a technique that has high probability to yield genuine emotional reactions.

At the end of the day, however, we should remember this is a game and everyone should enjoy their participation. I would love to see if we all can inject a level of humour and friendliness to our game, whilst we put out our best efforts to violently identify and punish the remaining hiding Remnants of Despair.

May I suggest the use of some gifs? They seem to have graced the other two games in a rather significant quantity.

I have not been able to come upon a resolution for Terrabyte20xx. However, for now, I will retract my vote from him.

Unvote: Terrabyte20xx

Makai

Does the loser have to follow the winner's every single vote on Day 5 or just the end-day vote?
Every vote. Sure, there are some practical restrictions here. The loser needs a chance to match votes, so the winner probably shouldn't switch their vote super frequently or vote at the last minute. Loser definitely needs to be online during the last hours.

Players whom I would like to hear more from in this Day phase:

• ViviOggi
  • Rest
  • TL21xx
  • Barrylocke

Barrylocke seems to be a very good player when he's trying so his lack of participation is a detriment to Hope. Hope can benefit to hear more from Barrylocke. I have found his analysis in the past to be insightful and well-reasoned.

Again, I believe Hope can find only stronger and better positions with more heads involved in our discussions.

TL21xx

Banned
So so far I can say my reads for devotion to hope are Terrabyte, goshujin, Makai, and CornBurrito thanks to today's inquiries and responses. Terra does a good job at getting as much information out there as possible, as does goshujin. Makai's questions for Terra were pretty solid, and TB's read on him during the questioning makes me feel more confident about his Hope alignment. Also feeling pretty good about Sawneeks.

As far as despair goes, I'm feeling 50/50 on Kitty and Rest. Rest's hostility towards Terra's methods in particular on post #2959 is rubbing me the wrong way.

Also Makai, how do I have a similar voting pattern to Terrabyte? Because we both did not vote on Day 2? We had different votes on Day 1 and Day 3. But I guess confirmatin bias is one hell of a drug. I'm done arguing with you. Lynch me if you want.

If anyone besides Makai wants to make a case against me I'll respond. Just have a better case than "hey you offered the same exact explanation as Swamped, but she used "location" and you used "room" therefore you're Despair."

*Splinter

At this point CzarTim is a mostly known quantity. I doubt that they can use their ability again and nothing that they say is going to influence anyone. We don't lose anything from keeping them alive though it would force someone else to submit the kill. If we don't vote for them today then we can focus on people who we aren't sure about and vote for them.

Of course we might lynch Hope but then we'll hopefully learn something from it. We can afford to mislynch until about D9 and still have a Hope majority if we assume that there is at most 4 Despair and continue to have one kill and lynch a day.

I do understand the argument of lynching them so someone else is forced to carry out the night kills but it could end up being that they have a ninja (which I doubt at this stage) or the next person to carry out the kills already has a night role and so is a common sight to other people at night.

Actually I have to wonder if someone in Despair has a night role and they submit the kill, do they carry out their night role and the kill in the same walk.
I've been looking at the arguments for keeping Czar alive today - because frankly I don't understand them.

Here Kalor you seem to be saying that letting Czar live might not hurt us. It seems a bit of a leap from that to "so we should let him live". Is there any potential benefitting to not lynching Tim today?

I'm also aware of Corn's alternating ninja theory: I'll explain why that argument is flawed after Kalor/Corn have responded to this question.

I've been looking at the arguments for keeping Czar alive today - because frankly I don't understand them.

Here Kalor you seem to be saying that letting Czar live might not hurt us. It seems a bit of a leap from that to "so we should let him live". Is there any potential benefitting to not lynching Tim today?

I'm also aware of Corn's alternating ninja theory: I'll explain why that argument is flawed after Kalor/Corn have responded to this question.

Easy. I posted about even night ninja right as the day started. I was confident and thought I was on to something. And I didn't want the day to go to waste by just killing czar right away. So I advocated giving him another night.

Once swamped pointed out she disagreed I said fine. I wasn't married to the idea of keeping Czar alive today. It was an idea I had so I brought it up. And I don't think it was that terrible of an idea given that I was working under the assumption a ninja exists.

Kalor

I was asking if you (or rather, Kalor) had any other reason to suggest we let Tim live, besides the ninja theory

I mention this in my last post but since we know that they are Despair it means we can focus on voting for someone else today that we suspect. It's a weak reason and I'm fine with lynching them today but I feel like we could get more out of today by voting for them. Of course lynching them now means we don't need to tomorrow.

I was asking if you (or rather, Kalor) had any other reason to suggest we let Tim live, besides the ninja theory

I did think that even without the ninja theory it was worth at least considering the option, so that today wouldn't be a waste of discussion. We always could have switched back to Czar last minute.

I will switch my vote to czartim once one of two things occur:

1) every player posts today, by my assessment we are still missing vivioggi, barrylocke, and rest

Or

2) we get within four hours of days end.

I do have a response for *splinter. I'll give you day 4, maybe I was reading too much into you and corn's discussion.

But that doesn't excuse you from not posting your full assesment on crab day 2. You also mention that most of us didn't give a good reason for choosing crab over kgtrep. The specific quote is "he is more useful". My reasoning was in post 1462, I state that with kgtrep being a on off power, he is now just an ordinary hope player. Then in post 1607, I defend that vote by saying that crab has more potential since kgtrep is just an ordinary student now.

It's not my fault that you didn't like my reasoning, and did not respond to it when you posted two hours later.

you discount the simple reasoning, sometimes a read is that simple, Occam's razor and all that. Then again, sometimes it takes hours of rereading a thread and cross posting based on who talks to who and about what.

It's a lot of the reason you get a scum read from me.

kingkitty

I know some people floated the idea to save CzarTim at another date. But I'm not vibing to that. As I said, the safest, easiest, and best decision for this school to make on Day 4 is to kill Czar. If we let him live, he'll continue to spread FUD. And of course, he'll be able to vote.

Can you imagine Czar being a tie breaker vote? That would actually be pretty amusing. Maybe we should keep him around.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
I know some people floated the idea to save CzarTim at another date. But I'm not vibing to that. As I said, the safest, easiest, and best decision for this school to make on Day 4 is to kill Czar. If we let him live, he'll continue to spread FUD. And of course, he'll be able to vote.

Can you imagine Czar being a tie breaker vote? That would actually be pretty amusing. Maybe we should keep him around.
This, combined with the likelyhood of them using him to do all the night kills are probably the big reasons why I lean to kolling him at the end of today. While saving him for LyLo might be a good idea, I don't think it outways the bad side at all.

So so far I can say my reads for devotion to hope are Terrabyte, goshujin, Makai, and CornBurrito thanks to today's inquiries and responses. Terra does a good job at getting as much information out there as possible, as does goshujin. Makai's questions for Terra were pretty solid, and TB's read on him during the questioning makes me feel more confident about his Hope alignment. Also feeling pretty good about Sawneeks.

As far as despair goes, I'm feeling 50/50 on Kitty and Rest. Rest's hostility towards Terra's methods in particular on post #2959 is rubbing me the wrong way.

Hostility doesn't mean jack shit tbqh. Crab was super aggressive in general, towards numerous people's methods. But he was Hope.

But that doesn't excuse you from not posting your full assesment on crab day 2. You also mention that most of us didn't give a good reason for choosing crab over kgtrep. The specific quote is "he is more useful". My reasoning was in post 1462, I state that with kgtrep being a on off power, he is now just an ordinary hope player. Then in post 1607, I defend that vote by saying that crab has more potential since kgtrep is just an ordinary student now.

This reasoning actually isn't good unless you somehow knew or believes Crab was more than an ordinary student.

*Splinter

But that doesn't excuse you from not posting your full assesment on crab day 2.
Again, I think I made my arguments clear. I didn't have some long-ass pre-typed post if that's what you were expecting, I prefer to present my arguments through conversation with the accused, giving fair chance for them to defend themselves and present their own explanations and counterpoints (you can see this in D2 when I realised I had been name dropping Terrabyte without much recent explanation). Maybe my first response to kgtrep gave you the wrong impression. That post was (I thought obviously) hyperbolic. It stated "a lot of overlap" between kgtrep's case and my own thoughts, when on closer inspection kg had presented some fairly dodgy arguments (the activity graphs) and I think his best post hadn't even been made at that point. In reality, this 'hyperbole' post was more an exclamation of my surprise. I had certainly done a lot of re-reading and note taking during the 'night', and I had been planning to push Crab - but I was expecting an uphill battle. Seeing such strong support for my cause (before I had even stated it) gave me hope that this "false Hope leader" could be killed (or at least neutered).
You also mention that most of us didn't give a good reason for choosing crab over kgtrep. The specific quote is "he is more useful". My reasoning was in post 1462, I state that with kgtrep being a on off power, he is now just an ordinary hope player. Then in post 1607, I defend that vote by saying that crab has more potential since kgtrep is just an ordinary student now.

It's not my fault that you didn't like my reasoning, and did not respond to it when you posted two hours later.
Ok, that's fair.

I didn't respond to your post because I didn't really have much to say on it. I didn't think it at all likely that Crab was a PR, but besides disagreeing with you on that (and we had no evidence either way) I could understand your position, so I didn't press further.

...in hindsight, I guess I should have asked you why you thought that likely in the first place, since in my eyes there was no good reason to suspect as much (except for it being "possible"), and that's what lead to me not giving this answer the credit it deserved. (Also I thought I was asking for someone to explain why Crab as a player was more "useful" than kgtrep, since that had seemed to be the majority opinion of his vague defense force.)

This reasoning actually isn't good unless you somehow knew or believes Crab was more than an ordinary student.

By 1607 crab had already insinuated in post 1387 that he would role-claim, and while that by itself doesn't mean anything. I read into him post "I am deadly bored with this game now".

To me I read that as two ways, one off killing role OR something that stops killings (like role blocker, nurse or switcher).

Without exposing that I felt my reasoning was VERY good.

By 1607 crab had already insinuated in post 1387 that he would role-claim, and while that by itself doesn't mean anything. I read into him post "I am deadly bored with this game now".

To me I read that as two ways, one off killing role OR something that stops killings (like role blocker, nurse or switcher).

Without exposing that I felt my reasoning was VERY good.

His "ready to role claim" post was, at the time, very clearly seen as a jab at the fact that like 7 people had role claimed already.

I really just find your reasoning in this game to be... not the same as my own. Like when you reasoned that kgtrep was Despair.

Again, I think I made my arguments clear. I didn't have some long-ass pre-typed post if that's what you were expecting, I prefer to present my arguments through conversation with the accused, giving fair chance for them to defend themselves and present their own explanations and counterpoints (you can see this in D2 when I realised I had been name dropping Terrabyte without much recent explanation). Maybe my first response to kgtrep gave you the wrong impression. That post was (I thought obviously) hyperbolic. It stated "a lot of overlap" between kgtrep's case and my own thoughts, when on closer inspection kg had presented some fairly dodgy arguments (the activity graphs) and I think his best post hadn't even been made at that point. In reality, this 'hyperbole' post was more an exclamation of my surprise. I had certainly done a lot of re-reading and note taking during the 'night', and I had been planning to push Crab - but I was expecting an uphill battle. Seeing such strong support for my cause (before I had even stated it) gave me hope that this "false Hope leader" could be killed (or at least neutered).

The problem with your post was the broken spoiler/italicize tag. Why post that at all if you were being hyperbolic? What your post (post 1225 for those playing at home, page 25 for 50 posters) said was that you had created spreadsheets, " good spreadsheets, full of carefully collected data".

Now today you posted (in post 2999) that you do collect spreadsheets of information and compile it, almost exactly 12 hours before my post on you. Were you being hyperbolic then?

If you aren't being hyperbolic, and are a meticulous hope aligned player, you would have posted your spreadsheet to help make your case against crab day 2, except you were being hyperbolic, and aren't that meticulous and are trying to posture that you are a more helpful hope player.

You see where I am getting with your inconsistencies? Your posturing on Day 2 was a smart move, have the rest of the class waste the day 2 vote on someone that your team knows is in fight club, but doesn’t know what he does. The best way to do that is to bolster the argument of the other player who, as luck would have it, is also hope. You also said you loved his graphs, but now...

Your hyperbolic statement is consistent with a typically good scum play. You are just being called on it now. I really do believe that you are despair.

His "ready to role claim" post was, at the time, very clearly seen as a jab at the fact that like 7 people had role claimed already.

I really just find your reasoning in this game to be... not the same as my own. Like when you reasoned that kgtrep was Despair.

My reasoning that kgtrep was despair was based on the assumption that I did not believe that hope would have activated that ability this early in the game. However, scum having that ability would want to use it as soon as possible. (Post 1233, on how this power could be both despair or hope, with post 1659 thrown in for a justification that it makes more sense to use it night 1 as despair than any other night)

Later on I went and told kgtrep that my vote for him wasn't a vote that he was despair, it was a vote to keep crab (post 1583)

And those are my day 2 posts on kgtrep, never do I specifically call him despair, I theory crafted on if the power was despair aligned when to use it but that was it.

ViviOggi

Hey guys, I just sent Launch a request to be replaced. I thought I could sort it out but lately I haven't even had the time to simply read the thread at work, much less to post or make notes. That means I've been struggling to get any worthwhile reads together afterwards so I'm currently just a burden.

It's been fun though. Until next time (hopefully)!

Hey guys, I just sent Launch a request to be replaced. I thought I could sort it out but lately I haven't even had the time to simply read the thread at work, much less to post or make notes. That means I've been struggling to get any worthwhile reads together afterwards so I'm currently just a burden.

Keep up with the thread if you can, and see if you can take part in a short form one night werewolf game via the mafia master thread. It's been fun, I know we went back and worth a bit yesterday.

Kalor

It's a shame that you have to drop out but hopefully you are able to join in on later seasons.

I know we shouldn't read into this too much, but I take this as evidence that Vivi is Hope aligned. And this in general bolsters my confidence that my reads on Kalor and Rest are also correct.

*Splinter

Now as you'll see, these aren't specific to Crab, nor are they an argument for anything. Instead, what I am creating is a fast way to double check post histories, find quotes to support a theory and sometimes to find new theories (although I very strongly recommend against doing this intentionally).

This is only complete up to post 1600 (mid Day 2). It takes me a long time to work through the thread in this way (for example, Day 1 was recorded in a single 8 hour sitting. Meticulous? Bitch please), and I didn't have any time to work on this in the last week.

Blue is Hope. Red is Despair. Grey is replaced player.
Without further ado:

Bandwagons:

Disclaimer: 'Bandwagons' are slightly subjective, I recommend against taking any of my notes on faith. Double check your shit.
Italics: Started the bandwagon (in my opinion).

Votes Given:

x voted for y in post #
Bold: Started a bandwagon
Italics: Joined a bandwagon
Days are separated by the thick grey line

Votes Received:

x was voted for by y in post #
Note: This should be similar to the spreadsheet provided by Launch
Italics: Bandwagon vote
Days are separated by the thick grey line

There are several more sheets that I don't want to share just yet for two reasons:
1. They are more subjective, I'm slightly worried about people trusting this kind of info without double checking or even researching for themselves.
2. When the specifics of what I'm recording are known, it becomes easier for Despair to manipulate my records. This is why I didn't share earlier than now.

Also I hope to at least finish Day 2 before sharing the rest.

Top Bottom