• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa Mafia |OT| Grin and Bear It

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
We shouldn't be killing anyone today. Lets give this at least another 48 hours.
We don't need to today. We have a good feel on probable scum, and if they flip hope we know who to look at next.

I'm curious as to why you think Rest/Chris though. Any reason or is it a gut feeling?
Because *Splinter is a liar.

Look at my theory on a heat from Crab, do you agree? I could be wrong, but I don't think I am.

Mostly gut feeling. Rest has been suuper quiet since D1, and the way (and reasons) he joined my Zipped vote (and some of his other votes) were huge red flags to me.
I'm pretty sure I've addressed that. Multiple times, actually.

Want to know my Despair team for now?

Ty4on
Pau
Rest
(Christina or Swamped if there is a 5th member)

Alternative team A (could be):
Makai
Kingkitty
Rest
*Splinter
(Christina or Swamped if there is a 5th member)

Alternative team B (would surprise me):
Christina
Swamped
Rest
*Splinter
CornBurrito
Seriously?

Okay, this may be bad form, I've wanted to go this whole game without saying "oh I'm hope! Oh I'm hope!" because I think it wastes time and energy. But fucking seriously, I'm one every version of your team?

Now, you'll all remember that I do request that if someone suspects me that they give me a reason, so that I can address it. I'm not one to try and counter gut feelings; they're irrational and I'm a rational thinker. I don't recall Royal_Flush ever having given a reason to suspect me though.

I know that my play style doesn't endear me to anyone, and Despair is well aware of that. I hate to sound like I'm giving an OMGUS, but this feels scummy to me. I would ask you all to consider that since I haven't made any attempt to make friends, Despair would try to paint me as an easy target to lynch. Lots of people have said they don't know how to read me; that makes me a blank canvas for suggestions from Despair. I think this is a subtle attempt at subterfuge. I'm biased, I know, but please do consider it.

Just a quick repeat:

1) Sawneeks asked me NOT to reveal which facility(s) I had seen her in.
2) The answer to her question was "P"
3) This answer betrays the request in part 1.

I am aware of your position. I was just commenting on the syntax of your language, which was poor, in my opinion, if you had just wanted to obscure the answers to the matter at hand.

Additionally, I am finding your role claim to be lacking in terms of value to Hope's table. Basically, you are saying that you stay in your rooms every night but you can monitor the five facilities (four, initially, as you seemed to have misremember the empty room). On top of that, you are saying that through all the five nights monitoring thus far, you present no new information for Hope's theories. Are you afraid you may implicate something that another player can counter hard with? Because, it is reading that way for me at the moment.

All in all, your role claim is too convenient and it does not sit right with me at all.

To be blunt, there is also the additional fervor in deflecting and fighting tooth and nail in your present behavior that I associate with Despair member's desperation. I may be mistaken, but if my correct guess on CzarTim had won me any legitimate points with Hope, I would just like to say that I am now as certain as I was that you are Despair as when I was certain that CzarTim was Despair.

Rest

Rest, AB never claimed to see Sawneeks.
It seems you're right. I had misinterpreted this post:

wait, have we seen Sawneeks N1 and N3, and I've seen Kalor N2 and N4?

Scum team would be something like:

CzarTim
Sawneeks
Royal_Flush
Rest
Christina

I'm less certain, and tired to be honest.

I'll be busy tomorrow, will check in when I can, hope that the day doesn't end without me. G'night.

And, since we're pretty sure *Splinter is Despair, I think this reinforces my previous thought.

Rest

Launch, I see you updating the spreadsheet. I think you missed my vote on *Splinter.

Pau

There's no way I can see Ty4on being the mimic unless Launchpad literally lied to me.

Nor do I buy that the mimic is forced to go to another room before doing their kill.

I'm more and more convinced that the simplest explanation is that *Splinter is the mimc. But if he flips Hope... well I've already had people on my ass for repeating arguments so I'll say that's already been covered. (And I'm not convinced that any of them are more likely than *Splinter being the mimic.)

My vote today is definitely going to be *Splinter.

Also, I don't know if this has been brought up, but what do people think of Makai/kingkitty being dual Neutral survivors? I don't see how kingkitty revealing helps Hope. It confirms Makai having a partner and makes it less likely for Hope to lynch him, but he wasn't in any danger. Now Despair has two night targets they will ignore that could have been no-kill nights! Alternatively, Makai/kingkitty have been targeted and don't want to say.

I guess that same argument can be used to for Ty4on and I. But I think Hope should figure out the Mimic thing before going after the four of us.

Rest

But if he flips Hope... well I've already had people on my ass for repeating arguments so I'll say that's already been covered. (And I'm not convinced that any of them are more likely than *Splinter being the mimic.)
If I'm reading the room right, if that happens you're fucked. But, *Splinter is the mimic.

Rest

Just an fyi, if you guys turbo Splinter after the next few hours, I won't be able to post the summary until tomorrow :x

Well then guys, what are we going to talk about for the time being?

Pau

If I'm reading the room right, if that happens you're fucked. But, *Splinter is the mimic.
That'll be a lovely waste of three days. :( Don't worry though, it's likely Despair will try to take care of Ty4on or me tonight.

I'm want to hear more from Swamped and Christina in general, and from kingkitty/Makai on why kingkitty roleclaiming today helps Hope.

Ty4on

Just want to say it's been fun. Sorry to anyone I've harassed, no hard feelings I Hope :)
Same. You made had a good sense of the game which made me reluctant to vote for you. If you turn out to be the mimic your placement on the map was incredibly unlucky :p

Karkador

Banned
Discordant clock bells chime in the distance

Good evening, class.

We're here a little late today.

Be nice to your substitute teacher, okay? Today will be a short day.

so...

D-Does anybody happen to have a lesson plan for today?

What was last night's homework?

Karkador

Banned
VOTE SUMMARY
8 Votes needed to reach majority

*Splinter (8)
CornBurrito
Ty4on
goshujinsama
Terrabyte20xx
Sawneeks
Zippedpinhead
CornBurrito
Rest
*Splinter

Ty4on (1)
Royal_Flush

With *Splinter achieving the majority, he wins the game. Congratulations to *Splinter, everybody give him a round of applause.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
15 minute rule teach.

Everyone already went back to their dorms.

I'm just here for Interpretive Dance with Prof. Tim.

Swamped

Banned
You guys suck so much. A lot seems to have transpired while I was at work. I had so much to say.

By ending the day early, you now have less information about everyone who couldn't vote.

I also have a theory about how close we are to winning if Splinter flips Despair (and its very likely based on my skim reading of his posts and role claim since i left for work).

Just know that I'm not really happy about how early this day ended, before i even had a chance to say anything. Even if i say now who i would have voted for it's useless.

Im sorry I'm lashing out like this, I'm just a little frustrated...

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
So ended the day early by voting himself after trying REALLY hard to not get lynched...

I think we can make a very educated guess to his alignment.

Karkador

Banned
Actually, *Splinter is dead. Sorry.

Welcome to Despair Academy!

You are the Super High-School Level Imposter!

You are aligned with Despair. You win when only Despair-aligned players remain.

You do not remember all of your classmates, but you remember your allies and your mission: to escape this school by whatever means necessary.

Your disguises are perfect, indistinguishable from the real person. As a result, you got into Hope’s Peak Academy under the guise of being a completely different Super High-School Level student.

Once per day phase, you can choose a player by sending me a PM with the command IMPERSONATE: <player name>. Using tools you took from the workshop, you’ll work on a disguise during the first night phase and replicate the appearance of this player (create a realistic mask, clothes, etc.). You won’t be able to use the disguise until the following night phase, however. If you are assigned to carry out the murder, other players who are active at night and you cross paths with will see the player you chose during your day phase. Because of limited materials at your disposal, you can only have a disguise of one person at a time. Be careful, however – you may be seen by the person you’re impersonating! You can use a single disguise as many times as you want, but to create another one, you must repeat the process of selecting a new player and using up a night phase; you will not be able to perform a murder on a night phase where you are working on a disguise.

Example 1: Choose player during day phase 1; can’t perform murder in night phase 1; no action day 2; can perform murder with disguise on night phase 2; choose new player during day phase 3.

Example 2: Choose player during day phase 1; can’t perform murder in night phase 1; no action day 2; can perform murder with disguise on night phase 2; do not choose new player during day phase 3; use disguise during night phase 3 again.

Feel free to PM me any questions about your role.

As a Remnant of Despair, you and your allies will discuss what action to carry out at night. Once per night, you can choose a player to target for murder, then one of your members to carry out the murder. The player assigned to carry out the murder needs to PM me with the command KILL: <player name>. Depending on who carries out the murder, player-specific role abilities can be used. Barring interference from other roles, that player will be murdered and the circumstances of the murder will be announced at the beginning of the following day phase. Alternatively, you can also target locations with the command KILL: <location name>. This uses up your kill for the night. In the case that a location is targeted, any players located in that facility will, under normal circumstances, be murdered.

You can still clap if you want to.

NIGHT 6 BEGINS

t1442019600z1.png

(subject to correction by your real teacher)

Pau

*claps*

You guys suck so much. A lot seems to have transpired while I was at work. I had so much to say.

By ending the day early, you now have less information about everyone who couldn't vote.

I also have a theory about how close we are to winning if Splinter flips Despair (and its very likely based on my skim reading of his posts and role claim since i left for work).

Just know that I'm not really happy about how early this day ended, before i even had a chance to say anything. Even if i say now who i would have voted for it's useless.

Im sorry I'm lashing out like this, I'm just a little frustrated...
Yeah, this is why I didn't vote. This game is a biased towards people who aren't at work (or who can get away with posting on GAF). :(

exf27M4.png

Good morning! There are now 96 hours before the end of the day phase.

DING DONG DING DONG

“Good morning! It’s 7 AM! Time to wake up! Let’s all strive to do our best today!”

Things were picking up speed. After successfully deducing one of the Remnants of Despair, you were feeling very good about the day ahead; however, you knew that there were going to be more casualties and things would only become more difficult as things progressed.

“Bing bong bing bong. A body has been discovered! Following a brief period of investigation, we will commence our school trial!”

There was the sound again. Wanting to bring this game to an end, you dressed quickly and rushed out of your room. Entering the unfamiliar dorm room where others had gathered. A body lay on the floor, a large pool of blood around him; it was enough that most of it had not soaked into the carpet yet. Gently turning the head of the body, you gasp at who the person is.

CornBurrito had been bludgeoned to death.

It looked like he had been pushed against the bedframe with enough force that he’d bled to death. There was nothing else to find. You reported to the courtroom to piece it together.

Welcome to Despair Academy!

You are an Ordinary Student!

You are aligned with Hope. You win when only Hope-aligned players remain.

You do not remember your classmates, but clues lead you to believe that you perhaps knew them in another life.

Oh, you’re just ordinary. You might have a super high-school level ability, but it’s probably something useless and not worth mentioning anyway, like fishing. Your only power is the ability to vote. Kinda lame, I know. But hey, you can do a lot with that power! But so can everyone else in the game… sorry. Just, uh, do your best.

Feel free to PM me any questions about your role.

Time remaining in Day Phase 7:

t1442358000z4.png

Rest

Royal Flush

Reat

Swamped

Christina Mackenzie

These are our suspects, Corn's death shall not be in vain!
Come on. Come on. It's Rest. R-e-s-t. It's not hard. It's not like I'm Ty4on.

Anyway, let's just clear this up. I would have had to have passed Pau. Pau, did you see me?

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
I'm going to wadger that we are not going to receive new names today, so I think it's likely that we will be going off of good old fashioned scum hunting.

And if you're curious why I think that, it's because if Rest didn't kill Corn, than Pau would have seen no one, as their lines would not intersect.

Rest

I'm going to wadger that we are not going to receive new names today, so I think it's likely that we will be going off of good old fashioned scum hunting.

And if you're curious why I think that, it's because if Rest didn't kill Corn, than Pau would have seen no one, as their lines would not intersect.
I'm not curious as to why, people have been suspicious of me since day one.

Not cornburrito! He was one of the good ones

Vindication!!!

Ok with the finding of the despair mimic, I think we need to look for patterns. Other than *splinter really wanting everyone to vote me out ( he led two charges to get me), he never voted for czartim (neither day), and he started the charge against crab (well after kgtrep).

So this got me thinking who followed him with his votes?

Day 2, votes for crab, next vote is rest,
Day 3, votes for me, votes for makai, votes again for me then on to sawneeks (and not czartim) (vivioggi eventually voted for me but I'm not sure Christina Mackenzie would have)
Day4: doesn't vote
Day5: on me like I'm going out of style. Followed by rest...
Day 6: well he was the vote that did himself in...

So either Rest is incredibly unlucky, or I need to do another look see at him.

Top Bottom