• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa Mafia |OT| Grin and Bear It

kingkitty

Just want to chime in before I hop to bed that I too am a bit confuzzle by the choice of cornburrito. Correct me if I'm wrong but it looks like it's also the first time since Night 1 where despair chose to kill someone who didn't walk the halls.

With AB's list, typhoon/pau, and myself/makai, it does whittle the potential bad guys drastically. I'll vibe to a decision later on who might be a good candidate to kill when I'm not tired and I didn't drink.

I am thankful that CornBurrito was astute enough to leave a clear pointer on his thoughts before the day ended early yesterday. It was unfortunate that the day had ended prematurely for two reasons; firstly, it deprived other players the chance to chime in with their inputs just in case they would not survive the night, and secondly, it provides a convenient smoke-screen against voting analysis. Had Hope wished to question a suspicious player's vote for Day 6, the player may simply state that he or she did not have a chance to cast his or her vote for the day. For this reason, I also found that it was the players outside the voting block that feels more suspicious to me. In short, I believe *Splinter hammered the day early to shield his team members from future voting analysis.

I agree that it was unfortunate the day ended so early. Especially when we spent so much time gabbin' on Day 4 when we already knew CzarTim was despair.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
Um... Swamped, while I am far from feeling like rest is a confirmed hope player... There's no way he kill CornBurrito. So by voting him, you are essentially saying you think there are at least two more Despair. Honestly, I doubt he, and goshujinsama for thay matter, are Despair strictly because Sawneeks is still alive. Both them, and Christina, could have killed her without being seen last night, yet, to sound like a broken record, Corn is the one that died. So unless we have a second switcher besides Salva, WHICH I HIGHLY DOUBT, I think who ever killed him was doing his best to stay out of sight, something rest could not do, as he had a high likelyhood of being seen by Pau.

So while it's possible for him to still be Despair, I'd rather look at the small list of people who COULD have killed Corn without being seen AND have a logical reason to do so:

You

Royal_Flush

(And for the sake of completeness)

Zippedpinhead

And

Kingkitty.

No one else has any motive to go after Corn besides these names. And since Corn is dead, a Despair name IS one of them.

Makai

Um... Swamped, while I am far from feeling like rest is a confirmed hope player... There's no way he kill CornBurrito. So by voting him, you are essentially saying you think there are at least two more Despair. Honestly, I doubt he, and goshujinsama for thay matter, are Despair strictly because Sawneeks is still alive. Both them, and Christina, could have killed her without being seen last night, yet, to sound like a broken record, Corn is the one that died. So unless we have a second switcher besides Salva, WHICH I HIGHLY DOUBT, I think who ever killed him was doing his best to stay out of sight, something rest could not do, as he had a high likelyhood of being seen by Pau.

So while it's possible for him to still be Despair, I'd rather look at the small list of people who COULD have killed Corn without being seen AND have a logical reason to do so:

You

Royal_Flush

Zippedpinhead

And

Kingkitty.

No one else has any motive to go after Corn besides these names. And since Corn is dead, a Despair name IS one of them.
Rest could have gone left while Pau went right.

Have Christina, Rest, Royal_Flush and Swamped role claimed yet?

Pretty sure neither Swamped not ViviOggy have claimed. I didn't myself. I can't remember a Barrylocke/Christina Roleclaim but I'm not sure about it.

I think I have to repeat myself here:

Rest, whom did you target and whom did you see? And why would you think Pau saw you tonight?

Swamped

Banned

You

Royal_Flush

Zippedpinhead

And

Kingkitty.

I thought that Rest could have done it looking at the map (could have gone left). But actually, thinking about it more...it would be a risky move to send Rest, because he wouldn't know which direction he would be moving in, I think Launch has said that he tells you the direction afterwards. I don't know if Despair is some to ask such direction they will move in before they do a kill. Unless he was the only Despair left (but somehow i think 3 Despair in a game this size is too few), he likely didn't do the kill, i do think you're right TB, I didn't consider that.

To me there's a good chance Rest is Despair, but since I want to be 100% sure we're getting Desapir today, I'll have to make a choice between Royal_Flush, Christina Mackenzie and Goshu.

What is this? Why are people ignoring Rest admitted moving to the top row last night? I'm not at all convinced he didn't carry out the kill. If there is a reasonable explanation for it, I'd like to hear it.

Terrabyte20xx

What is this? Why are people ignoring Rest admitted moving to the top row last night? I'm not at all convinced he didn't carry out the kill. If there is a reasonable explanation for it, I'd like to hear it.
Because he didn't? Unless there's a post I missed for some reason.

Makai

Pretty sure neither Swamped not ViviOggy have claimed. I didn't myself. I can't remember a Barrylocke/Christina Roleclaim but I'm not sure about it.

I think I have to repeat myself here:

Rest, whom did you target and whom did you see? And why would you think Pau saw you tonight?
What did they claim? I didn't know Rest moved at night.

Makai

I thought that Rest could have done it looking at the map (could have gone left). But actually, thinking about it more...it would be a risky move to send Rest, because he wouldn't know which direction he would be moving in, I think Launch has said that he tells you the direction afterwards. I don't know if Despair is some to ask such direction they will move in before they do a kill. Unless he was the only Despair left (but somehow i think 3 Despair in a game this size is too few), he likely didn't do the kill, i do think you're right TB, I didn't consider that.

To me there's a good chance Rest is Despair, but since I want to be 100% sure we're getting Desapir today, I'll have to make a choice between Royal_Flush, Christina Mackenzie and Goshu.
Gosh was cleared by our role cop.

Choose from the unknown category:

DunsF23.png

Makai

This must be the post Royal_Flush is talking about.

Come on. Come on. It's Rest. R-e-s-t. It's not hard. It's not like I'm Ty4on.

Anyway, let's just clear this up. I would have had to have passed Pau. Pau, did you see me?

Rest is trying to prove that he doesn't move at night. Pau moved right and she would have seen him moving right to kill CornBurrito. Only thing is...he didn't have to move right.

Rest is trying to prove that he doesn't move at night. Pau moved right and she would have seen him moving right to kill CornBurrito. Only thing is...he didn't have to move right.

Oh, I'm an idiot. I thought he meant something along the line "I have passed Pau tonight, I'll get this out of the way before she gets a chance to tell everyone". Disregard, sorry.

ok, that leaves us with me, Swamped and Christina. Plus goshu if we assume that AB wasn't sure about his alignment. Plus Rest and Terrabyte if we count the 50%-chance people.

Personally I would lean towards Christina, but that is only because I'm Hope and I have a good gut-feeling about Swamped...

Terrabyte20xx

OK, so Rest has a 50% chance of being the one to kill Corn. This is a fact. Now let me ask the golden question:

Why risk the %50 chance of getting caught by killing Corn, when he could kill Sawneeks and be guaranteed to not get caught?

For the record, I'm still not sure about him being town though, All I'm saying is going after him right now would be letting the actual killer slip through, as I'm having a hard time believing that he would risk getting caught when he had an option we all thought would've been better.

Makai

Oh, I'm an idiot. I thought he meant something along the line "I have passed Pau tonight, I'll get this out of the way before she gets a chance to tell everyone". Disregard, sorry.

ok, that leaves us with me, Swamped and Christina. Plus goshu if we assume that AB wasn't sure about his alignment. Plus Rest and Terrabyte if we count the 50%-chance people.

Personally I would lean towards Christina, but that is only because I'm Hope and I have a good gut-feeling about Swamped...
Gosh and Terrabyte claimed Ordinary Student. AbsolutBro seriously messed up if he investigated them, got anything other than Ordinary Student, and kept his mouth shut.

Your options are Christina, Rest, and Swamped.

Makai

OK, so Rest has a 50% chance of being the one to kill Corn. This is a fact. Now let me ask the golden question:

Why risk the %50 chance of getting caught by killing Corn, when he could kill Sawneeks and be guaranteed to not get caught?

For the record, I'm still not sure about him being town though, All I'm saying is going after him right now would be letting the actual killer slip through, as I'm having a hard time believing that he would risk getting caught when he had an option we all thought would've been better.
My pick on Rest is based on his posting, not his position in the map. Maybe his role lets him choose his path, I dunno. If Rest's chance of being scum is 50%, I'll take those odds. The other guys in the Gang of Four are much less scummy. Christina gives me only slightly scummy vibes. Royal Flush doesn't strike me as scum at all. Swamped is fishy but also willing to work within the framework of narrowed suspects we've created. I think we've pretty much got this on lock. If any of those four try to save themselves today by voting for Swamped, Pau, Ty, Kingkitty, or me - they're getting lynched.

Gosh and Terrabyte claimed Ordinary Student. AbsolutBro seriously messed up if he investigated them, got anything other than Ordinary Student, and kept his mouth shut.

Your options are Christina, Rest, and Swamped.

I agree with both your points. Now that I think of it: Follow-Up question: Who would have been seen by Pau if they targeted Sawneeks? Answer: Me and Swamped. So it's Swamped after all?

Ty4on

I agree with both your points. Now that I think of it: Follow-Up question: Who would have been seen by Pau if they targeted Sawneeks? Answer: Me and Swamped. So it's Swamped after all?

I think they targeted Corn not necessarily because they would have been spotted trying to kill Sawneeks, but to make the pool of people who could have done it as large as possible. The only players who could not have done it if we trust Pau are me and Sawneeks.
Not that it can't be those in the top left, but I just think it would be too unlikely that all of the remaning Despair are there.

Swamped, I wish you would stop lying about real life obligation as your go-to cover for not providing your self-promised rereads. You have used this line throughout Day 5 and 6 phases, and even in your recent post no. 4448, you keep stating that you are too busy and that maybe you will find time to reread me this weekend. I had not wanted to point out that had you been truly too busy that you would not have had time to sign up to two mini-games during the night phase.

I respect people having a life outside these games. I am sure you realize that everyone has real life obligations, but in what spare time I have, I use them to review and analyze this thread and I make the effort to compose my thoughts and present them carefully for Hope's consideration. You, on the other hand, you spread baseless suspicion whilst hiding behind 'real life' and 'being too busy' to provide rereads even as you merrily signed up and went to play in both the Blargohunt Target game and the Tahoma Fruits game. I do not consider them as legitimate excuses for 'being too busy with real life obligations'.

I think it is a sign of disrespect to your fellow Hope players and a cheap sort of a lie.

Then, there is this:

Ok, I'm going to give you a really weak excuse for the other two: We've been playing this game for nearly two months now. I'm kind of tired of going back and re-reading people in great detail, tearing apart their posts and such. The next time I play Mafia I'm going to be the lazy Ordinary Student instead. This is a lot of work...

Lazy Ordinary Student? I am an Ordinary Student and I believe even the basic vanilla town role can contribute much to the discussion. More than you have, in any case.

Real life is a legitimate concern for many of us and you using it as a lie to hide behind does nothing but generates massive inconsistency for me. Stop lying and trying to use 'real life' as your cover. It is one of the scummiest thing I have ever seen from any players.

If you were legitimate Hope, you would have spent some effort into putting together an explanation to support your accusations. As it is, you look like a scum who is failing to pretend to be town, because you did not have Hope's interests at heart. All you have is baseless, suspicious-mongering, dubious intentions.

Additionally, I find it bizarre that you are the only person who tries to pick up *Splinter's hacker idea. I did not buy CzarTim's ninja snakeoil then, and I do not buy *Splinter's hacker concoction now.

Makai

Yeah, swamped. I've narrowed your options to just three people. You can do this, especially since two of them started the game like yesterday and you have more posts than all of them combined.

Total Posts:
Swamped - 198
Rest - 96
Royal_Flush - 80
Christina Mackenzie - 20

I have to agree with goshujinsama on his read of swamped. It is really suspicious. (It reminds me a lot of king kitty's "Im on a train" posts in a previous game)

Real life can be rough on a lot of us, but even though I have difficulty posting at work, I always make sure to respond as I promise.

swamped if you have trouble accessing at work use neogaf.net (but go straight to the forum not just www.neogaf.net). I got blocked on the first page but if I go to an inner page I can access and read the forum. It's how I stay informed while at work on my lunch break. I still have to post from my phone, but it helps me with the reading portion.

I'm struggling to offer anything new that hasn't already been posted so these are just my personal thoughts.

I'm not going to argue with anyone's list cause that exactly the same way I have arranged mine.

Hope claim backed up by others
Makai/kingkitty
Goshunjinsama/Terrabyte20xx/Zippedpinhead
Pau/Ty4on

After yesterday's events I find it next to impossible that it was staged and Sawneeks is Despair as well.

I don't read Royal_Flush to be Despair.

So that leaves Rest, swamped and myself by your reckoning.

Whatever number of Despair players that remain, I'm certain all 3 of us will be the obvious choices for lynching until the conclusion of the game. If it hasn't ended yet, Royal_Flush will be the next. After that you'll probably have to look at one of your blind spots.

Sawneeks will be tonight's target, I'm sure of it. Killing anyone else will give their location away.

If the game is still being played by Day 10 when the 3 of us are out, there will be 6 players left to look for maybe 1 Despair. Decent enough odds.

Makai

Sawneeks will be tonight's target, I'm sure of it. Killing anyone else will give their location away.
Sawneeks is safe tonight.

Super High School Level Swimming Pro

Once every odd numbered night I make my way to the swimming pool and swim a couple laps before heading on back to my room. During this time I am also completely immune to any action taken towards me as I am not in my room, although I don't believe this extends to when I am in the pool. However, I believe this is why we had no Night 3 kill and is why I saw Splinter 'Kalor' during that time as he had attempted to kill me during the Night but failed.

Tonight is Night 7.

Ty4on

Tonight is Night 7.

They just have to attack the pool.
Despair role PM said:
[...] Alternatively, you can also target locations with the command KILL: <location name>. This uses up your kill for the night. In the case that a location is targeted, any players located in that facility will, under normal circumstances, be murdered.

Makai

Btw Ty, I don't want to get sidetracked from the 4 Unknowns, but can you compile for me what you and Pau have claimed about your roles?

Ty4on

Btw Ty, I don't want to get sidetracked from the 4 Unknowns, but can you compile for me what you and Pau have claimed about your roles?

Only that we know each other's alignment and that Pau moves at night. I don't want to reveal anything about my role because I don't know what Despair knows, but it's no secret that AB passed my room two nights (Terra and Goshu) and saw Pau without seeing me.

Makai

Only that we know each other's alignment and that Pau moves at night. I don't want to reveal anything about my role because I don't know what Despair knows, but it's no secret that AB passed my room two nights (Terra and Goshu) and saw Pau without seeing me.
Thanks.

kingkitty

I'm going to do a quick read thru of this thread, with the four suspects as my target (along with czar and splinter). Maybe I'll see something interesting. Brb in 6 hours.

Sawneeks

Banned
I wouldn't be surprised if we only have 2 Despair left and that they were split, one on the top row and one on the bottom. It would make sense if the bottom row Despair didn't try for a kill last night because it was Rest, someone who might have been seen by Pau because they could have gone left or right to get to Corn. 50% chance of being seen was too risky so they went for a top row kill using their member who was up there.

So far with everything that has been said I feel like Rest is the Despair on the bottom row and Swamped is the other member who killed Corn. If this is the case then we should probably focus on the killer first, seeing as that is at least one confirmed Despair we know is around while the accusations for a bottom row Despair killer is much more flimsy as we aren't sure if they exist or not.

Or both are on the top row and it's Christina and Swamped. My gut is still leaning towards Swamped being Despair though.

Vote: Swamped

I would prefer to hear your defense of goshu's accusations though. It's the only thing really making me lean towards you being Despair.

While I personally think the evidence (albeit circumstantial at best) is more compelling for rest, I can get behind a swamped vote. As I said before, a lot of us do have legitimate reasons to go on and off game (kids and work are mine) but you have to be consistent and keep your promises in a game like this. It's all about trust.

Sawneeks

Banned
While I personally think the evidence (albeit circumstantial at best) is more compelling for rest, I can get behind a swamped vote. As I said before, a lot of us do have legitimate reasons to go on and off game (kids and work are mine) but you have to be consistent and keep your promises in a game like this. It's all about trust.

I agree. I'm not keen on using time/activity in other threads as a source of scum-tells but I have to admit that Swamped has often said she would give reads/info towards the end of a Day only to never follow up on it. Being busy is a real excuse but the lack of commitment to them is the real issue for me.

Swamped

Banned

Goshu, I'm going to assume you were in a bad mood when you composed this post. It's uncharacteristically harsh. I actually can't even bring myself to re-read because I feel I've been personally hurt by it, and not just my DR persona. So if I miss any points let me know. If you plan on playing in future GAFia games I would recommend not using activity outside of the game being played as indication of a player's alignment. I personally find it to be bad sportsmanship and I think others do too. And the way you wrote your post, I feel like you think I'm a really crap player, even though I've been trying my best through all my recent travel and mobile posting.

Where's the Goshu who fights methodically and politely, like you did with Makai in Day 3? I want him back.

I'm really sorry, but that post just really upset me for some reason. Like, the actual me not just the player me lol. I didn't expect a silly forum game to have this effect on me lol.

On Day 6 I said I would look into Corn, Splinter, Goshu and Flushy. Two of them are dead. I now have reason to believe Goshu is an Ordinary Student (see below). That just leaves Flush on my list. So no, I haven't intentionally not provided reads. It's really difficult to search through posts and link them on a phone. So I'm not even going to attempt. I will say that, as a narrative, Flush feels very Hope to me.

I think on Day 5 I promised to read Ty4on? I'm really sorry I bailed on that but honestly I was on travel. And by the time Day 6 rolled by I felt it was more and more clear than Ty was Hope. So I didn't feel a great need to re-read him.

That just leaves Rest and CM. I've explained my thoughts on Rest and why I voted for him. CM is a little more ambiguous to me. She could have potentially also done the kill N6 without being seen. I could definitely vote for her. This late in the game I think it's very important to be wary of the ambiguous ones. I think I'll keep my vote on Rest for now though, for reasons stated in a previous post.

I didn't want to bring down the atmosphere before, but honestly guys I'm not sure if I'm still having fun. Nobody has brought up any holes in my theory that states that we have already won. This means that there is very little tension and potential for plot twists (although I admit, Corn dying was pretty unexpected, so thanks, Despair, for that one!). Honestly this is the first time I've made it this far in a Mafia game so is this how it usually feels?

There are only 4 players that we could potentially lynch today: Swamped, Rest, Flush, CM.

Yes. 4. Not 5 like I previously said.

On my phone I painstakingly found this post by AB:

be real: if I came out, right now, and said I was a Role Cop and that Zip was an Ordinary Student, would anyone honestly believe me? Terrabyte? Goshu?

It's a very very subtle confirmation from AB himself that he thought Goshu was Ordinary.

I think it's time for me to role claim. It's exactly what you think it is.
I'M THE SECRET THIRD LUCKY STUDENT!

I'm a Super Duper High School Princess. My power is my vote. My words are my tools to convey my opinions.

tumblr_inline_mshgwi25zR1qz4rgp.png

I'm an ordinary student, but if I get Punished I hope that's what Launch uses to describe me!

Throughout the game, I have tried my utmost to engage people in the hopes of routing out Despair. I've tried my best to provide theories and proofs behind all the candidates I voted for Punishment. I have made mistakes, but I hope I've demonstrated that I'm willing to learn from them by continually updating my feelings about all the players.

I hope my actions speak for themselves.

We are in the unique position in which even if we mislynch we have more than enough confirmed hope players to guarantee we will win. Even if Despair kills all those players, they can't kill the Lucksters. Worst case scenario the Lucksters are the only survivors along with (let's say) two Despair. This ends the game in a tie because Despair can't NK them. And we would be fairly incompetent if let two Despairs make it until the end lol, especially with our ultra-short list. If people want to vote for me, it's actually ok for 2 reasons:

1. I win with you
2. Your list to work with for tomorrow is miniscule. If there are three Despair left, then you have a 100% chance of hitting one.

I'm not voting myself because I know I'm hope. But I understand if you want to.

Swamped

Banned
Just give us a reason to vote for one of the other three.

I don't want to influence anyone else's reasoning. You all can make your own decisions. But I think I am ok with sticking with my Rest vote for now, and if others think he is scummy they should vote for him too.

I'm not really feeling Flush as Despair.

If the vote somehow shifts to CM by the end of the day phase, I will switch my vote to her to avoid ties.

Sawneeks

Banned
Unvote: Swamped

Thank you. Going back and reading over some of your responses as well as your overall tone you've had throughout the game I do believe your claim of being an ordinary Hope player. A lot of what you've said has felt genuine. If the game continues for another few Days without us finding a Despair I won't be incredibly hesitant to vote for you, but for now I feel like we should focus elsewhere.

My only problem is that of the 3 major people who might be Despair, 2 are replacements and 1 isn't here very much, making it hard to really gauge anything. I can't really question the new guys on stuff that the original players did and I don't know where Rest is and the only thing I have against him is lack of activity. I don't want to just shoot in the dark and hope we hit something but it might just come down to that.

Swamped, I know you see Flush as being Hope but I'm wondering why? Is there anything specific he has really done? Not so much like actual quotes but just things that he has done in general.

Swamped

Banned
Swamped, I know you see Flush as being Hope but I'm wondering why? Is there anything specific he has really done? Not so much like actual quotes but just things that he has done in general.

No problem! So one thing that stuck in my mind was CzarTim calling out that Vivi vote at the end of D3. The other thing is that at the end of D6, Flush was the only one voting for Ty, which I feel is a very conspicuous thing to do. I think the Despairs would have probably made a decision to bus Splinter at that point.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
That's convenient... Whom did you target and whom else did you see?

I'm not a rule breaker.

VOTE: Rest

Doesn't say much and voted with *Splinter a lot. Pretty garbage voting record in general. Made sure Launchpad was counting his vote 15 minutes before *Splinter ended the day.
I was literally watching as Launch updated he spreadsheet, he put on votes that came after mine, but not mine. He'd miscounted me and missed votes before, I wanted to make sure he didn't miss my vote. He put my vote in seconds after I hit submit on that post.

Have Christina, Rest, Royal_Flush and Swamped role claimed yet?
As a matter of policy I do not role claim. If I have a role, no one needs to know it. If I do not, I would not confirm that for any reason. Even my soft hope claim was pushing the boundaries of that policy.

People can't ignore something I didn't say.

Royal_Flush's push on me since the end of the last day has felt overly aggressive, and he has supported it very flimsily. *Splinter also jumped in to support him before his lynching, as I pointed out before. While I find goshujinsama's analysis of Swamped to be convincing, I feel I'd want to know for sure about Royal_Flush before Swamped.

VOTE: Royal_Flush

kingkitty

I looked at Day 1 - Day 6 interactions between suspects Barrylocke/Christina Mackenzie, Vivi/Royal_Flush, Swamped, and Rest. I also included scumbros CzarTim and Splinter, who will be identified in bold. I used a lot of quotation marks. There might be a few mistakes.

This post will be followed by another post of mine where I'll pick who should be thrown into the meat grinder.

Day 1
Swamped starts the day with a vote on AB, which is later bandwagoned by splinter, vivi:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=173788359&postcount=298

Barrylocke votes for vivi
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=173856342&postcount=386

Rest voted against Swamped
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=173888724&postcount=447

Splinterdidn’t want to vote for Rest
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=174132600&postcount=708

CzarTim asks if there was still a movement to kill Rest
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=174333828&postcount=1034

Czartim votes for Rest, could be risky scum bro play. Czar said “will switch to avoid tie”. Czar is the third vote for Rest.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=174334245&postcount=1045

End of Day 1 Voting

Rest: CzarTim
Kingkitty: Rest, Vivi
Hagi: Swamped, Barrylocke,
Crab: Splinter

Day 2
CzarTim’s list of reads say Splinter “leans town”. Rest gives off a “scum read”. Vivi gives off a “null read”. Pretty neutral on Swamped. Barrylocke gives off a “scum reading”.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=174935862&postcount=1698

Vivi’s list of reads say Rest is “leaning despair”. Splinter is “hope”. Neutral on Swamped. Barry is “leaning despair”. CzarTim is “probably hope”.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=175072914&postcount=1771

Swamped says Rest was “leaning hope” but now she’s “unsure”. Is “wary” towards Vivi. Says Splinter is “hope”. CzarTim is “probably hope”. Barrylocke is “hope”.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=175153329&postcount=1864

End of Day 2 Voting

Crab: Splinter, Rest, Swamped
Kgtrep: CzarTim, Barrylocke
No vote: Vivioogi

Day 3
CzarTim starts with a vote for Barrylocke
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=175583781&postcount=2052

Splinter says scumbro CzarTim’s claim is “fishy”
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=175700463&postcount=2168

Splinters says piece of garb scumbro CzarTim took an “unnecessary risk” if he’s despair lying about his role. He says he’ll “trust him for now”.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=175786109&postcount=2255

Splinter’s list of reads. Says it’s “hard to read” CzarTim. Says the role cop claim would be a gamble for CzarTim, but that he’s willing to “trust him a little, for now”. Splinter is “undecided” about Barrylocke, but if there are no better candidates for punishment then “he should be first in line”. Vivi is “likely hope”. Neutral on Swamped. About Rest, Splinter says he “actually forgot he was in the game” due to inactivity.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=175827809&postcount=2288

Splinter thinks Barrylocke is despair. But “it’s an extremely soft read”.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=175837688&postcount=2299

Swamped is second to vote for CzarTim.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=175947197&postcount=2458

CzarTim acts like a martyr.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=175953756&postcount=2487
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=175955628&postcount=2503

CzarTim says if town decides he won’t be punished, then he might vote for Barrylocke, and “eh maybe” Vivi.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=175956219&postcount=2511

Barrylocke votes for CzarTim. 6th person to do so. He also puts a little bit of suspicion on Splinter.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=175964436&postcount=2600

Vivi voted for CzarTim in the final minutes of the clusterfuck.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=175968423&postcount=2711

End of Day 3 Voting

CzarTim: Swamped, Barrylocke, Vivi
Sawneeks: Splinter, CzarTim (I guess?)
Didn’t vote: Rest

Day 4
Vivi read Splinter as “likely hope”.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=176218994&postcount=2807

Vivi gets replaced by Royal_Flush (RoyalF for short).
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=176585108&postcount=3223

End of Day 4 Voting

CzarTim: swamped, CzarTim
AbsolutBro: Rest
Did not vote: RoyalF, Barrylocke, Splinter

Day 5
Barrylocke gets replaced by Christina Mackenzie (ChristinaM for short).
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=176831283&postcount=3275

RoyalF’s read list based on how likely someone is scum. Rest is “80%”. Neutral on Barry/ChristinaM. Splinter only gets “45%”. Swamped is “40%”.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=177198236&postcount=3389

Very, very slight bump of elbows between ChristinaM and Splinter
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=177443498&postcount=3693
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=177475748&postcount=3701

Slight bump of elbows between Swamped and Splinter
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=177486929&postcount=3722
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=177491450&postcount=3726

Splinter said ChristinaM failed his “little test”. RoyalF gave him a “good impression”.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=177497843&postcount=3731

Swamped believed Splinter was giving RoyalF “preferential treatment”.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=177555407&postcount=3752

Splinter believed Vivi and his replacement RoyalF were both “hope”.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=177558959&postcount=3754

Splinter thinks Rest had a “terrible reason” to vote for Kalor. He also suspects Rest, but would “rather get Zipped today” for punishment.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=177591224&postcount=3768

End of Day 5 Voting

Terra: RoyalF
Kalor: Rest, Splinter
AbsolutBro: Swamped, ChristinaM

Day 6
RoyalF thinks we might have to go for Splinter (could be despair bro throwing other despair bro under the bus). Among a group that includes Rest, Swamped, Splinter, and ChristinaM, he ranked Rest as the most despair-like “based on posting behavior alone”.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=177971198&postcount=4192

RoyalF says lynch splinter today. If splinter flips mimic, then lynch Rest on Day 6.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=177976121&postcount=4199

RoyalF elbow bumps with Splinter.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=177978104&postcount=4205

RoyalF despair team. Has Rest on main team, along with Typhoon, Pau and possibly ChristinaM/Swamped if there’s a fifth member. Splinter is not on the main team.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=178021607&postcount=4336

Splinter has “strong opinions” towards RoyalF and Swamped. He also wondered “where the hell” Swamped was.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=178022951&postcount=4340

Splinter’s scum team includes RoyalF, Rest, ChristinaM.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=178023752&postcount=4341

Rest votes Splinter.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=178028327&postcount=4349

Rest complains to RoyalF about unfair scum team allocation.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=178030535&postcount=4351

End of Day 6 Voting (Ended Early)

Splinter: Rest, Splinter
Ty4son: RoyalF
Didn’t vote: Swamped, ChristinaM

kingkitty

Why I won't vote Barrylocke/Christina Mackenzie:

On Day 2, CzarTim reads Barrylocke as scum. On Day 3, CzarTim started off by voting for Barrylocke. Splinter on that same day believed that if there were no better candidates for punishment, then it should be Barrylocke. Splinter later said that he read Barrylocke as scum, but it was "an extremely soft read".

Barrylocke also voted for CzarTim on Day 3, he was the sixth person to do so. CzarTim later said that if the town didn't want to follow his martyr plan, then maybe Barrylocke would be a good candidate to kill.

On Day 5, Barrylocke gets replaced by ChristinaM. Splinter at this point is slightly pushing her with some questions. And then he later stated that she "failed" his test.

There's been enough friction here that I won't consider ChristinaM, yet.

Why I won't vote for Rest:

Day 1, CzarTim helped ignite some votes against Rest. Czar joined me, and Kalor, which was then followed by a few others. But eventually Hagi got killed instead.

Day 2, CzarTim read Rest as scum. On Day 3, Splinter throws a little shade on Rest by saying that Rest basically disappeared because of inactivity. On Day 5, Splinter threw more shade at Rest by saying he had a "terrible reason" to vote for Kalor.

I still feel a bit uneasy with Rest, but he's not my top target.

Why I won't vote for Swamped:

Mostly neutral reads on Swamped by CzarTim and Splinter. Interestingly on Day 3, Swamped was the second person (I think) to vote for CzarTim. On Day 5, Swamped argued very slightly with Splinter over the "preferential treatment" that he was showing towards RoyalF, while needlessly grilling ChristinaM.

I don't think there's enough friction between her and the known scumbros for me to confidently think she shouldn't be voted for in the future. But for now I have a better target in my opinion.

Why I'm voting for Vivi/Royal_Flush

Day 2, CzarTim had a "null read" on Vivi. On that same day, Vivi's reads suggested CzarTim and Splinter were hope. Similar to the scumbros, Vivi read Rest and Barrylocke as people who leaned despair.

Day 3, Splinter read Vivi as "likely hope". Day 4, Vivi read Splinter as "likely hope". And then poof, Vivi was replaced by RoyalF.

Day 5, RoyalF believed Rest was 80% likely to be despair. While scum Splinter only got 45%. That same day, RoyalF got the stamp of approval by Splinter, when he said that both Vivi and RoyalF were hope.

On Day 6, I think RoyalF had to change his tune quickly once Splinter was getting mad heat. Despair had to cut their loses with Splinter. Although even when RoyalF suggested to kill Splinter, he also said the school should kill Rest if Splinter ends up as a mimic. He also included Rest on like, 3 scum team variations (although he later corrected it a bit).

If RoyalF is despair, I have a hard time thinking Rest is also despair.

Another thing that gives me pause is Vivi's last minute vote for CzarTim on Day 3.

But ultimately, what I've quickly read + the recent Day 7 discussion about hallway movements makes me think RoyalF is someone who should be punished by death. I'm not saying I'm 100 percent sure here, but it's what I got for now.

vote: Royal_Flush

Rest, I already said I simply misread your post:

Kingkitty, I think your posts are excellent. I am in the really awkward position that I likely also would vote for me based on the evidence and the current situation if I didn't know I'm Hope. And maybe the saddest thing is that you won't learn anything from my death (despite narrowing down your suspect list). I won't judge any of you for voting for me (except Rest who seems to base his vote on an already revoked misunderstanding on my side) but I assure you you are lynching the wrong person.

My problem right now is that from a mechanical POV, the most suspect players are Swamped > Christina > Rest, but from my readings it is Rest > Christina > Swamped. So I guess I will just go for the middle?

Vote: Christina MacKenzie

I apologize if I hurt you personally, but if you turn out as Despair, I will take personal offense with your real life excuses as I find them to be a really low tactic. People have legitimate real life obligations, and to use them as an in-game deception is something I can't agree with.

I disagree calling you out playing on other GAFia games to be bad sportsmanship, because of two reasons. Firstly, I do not investigate your user profile to find this out, I merely follow what's happening on the general mafia thread. Secondly, and more importantly, those two games are completed and I notice everyone (including you) mentioned things that had happened in past games, so I believe stating the fact that you were playing on those two completed games are fair game. For example, I see players quoting completed games such as Animal Crossing or Star Wars a number of times when discussion on past performances of current players crops up.

Additionally, please do not put words in my mouth. I do not find you "a really crap player". I merely think you are a Despair who keep using "real life" excuse.

Personally I do not enjoy pointing fingers and calling other people as the bad guys, however this is the gist of mafia games thus as a Hope player it is my duty to find Despair even if I have to "attack" them. Since I am only an Ordinary Student, I do not have the privilege to pinpoint any scum with 100% accuracy. I am not infallible, but I do believe voting you to be Hope's best bet to find Despair today.

And here are the reasons why I "attack" you:

1. Your interactions with *Splinter yesterday is curiously similar with how *Splinter interacted with CzarTim.

• Day 4, post 3260, *Splinter (Despair) said "There are several more sheets that I don't want to share just yet. Don't end early please". Note that CzarTim (Despair) was turboing himself out of the game.
  • The next Day, he requoted his post and pointed at those voters (Kalor, CzarTim, TL21xx) who caused majority as suspicious without really delivering his sheets. Only later he presented his sheets - after much prodding from Town.

Now compare yourself with him:

• Day 6, post no. 4380, you were angry that people had voted *Splinter out by majority. Note that *Splinter (Despair) was turboing himself out of the game.
  • You are now in the same position as *Splinter, you said you "had so much to say" yet you never deliver your reads on people without much prodding from Town.

The pattern does not look favorable. It looks as if you are adopting strategies that have been employed before by Despair, likely because you have been relying on your Despair forum for guideline.

2. How you interact so far in the game with Hope players. You are continuously suspicious on AbsolutBro, Sawneeks, CornBurrito, Pau and Ty4on, and me without presenting any substantial reasons.

Note that this was your suspicious list on Day 6 (post no. 4104): "Goshu, Flushy, *Splinter, Corn". Now two of these are out, that leaves only me and 'Flushy'. I note that you are keeping your suspicion on me, yet since Makai prohibits you to vote for me, curiously you vote for Rest instead of Royal_Flush today.

3. Logistically speaking, both you and Royal_Flush are the likeliest person who killed CornBurrito last night. I will explain why I find that you are the more likely Despair compared to Royal_Flush. Royal_Flush provided us with a screenshot image of his spreadsheet detailing the movement of Power Roles (post 3448). This screenshot is useful for Hope since it collates fact on people's movement and made us find *Splinter yesterday.

4. As Makai has listed on post 4467, today's selection for lynching are: Christina Mackenzie (Barrylocke), Rest, Royal_Flush (ViviOggi), and you. I have explained above why I believe Royal_Flush to be another Hope player. That leaves only you, Rest and Christina Mackenzie. Due to your location, you are the likelier person who killed CornBurrito.

goshu and Swamped, you both should dial it back a notch. This is just a game.

I will for now ignore the activity related points goshu brought up. However that still leaves us with his second post where especially point 1 is an angle I haven't considered yet. And it actually makes sense...

I'm still far from sure that is the right decision, but for now due to the lack of significant better alternatives:

Vote: Swamped

Top Bottom