• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT16| ''I tried to push him away with my head.''

Status
Not open for further replies.

rvy

Banned
Why does Moyeezus need to use 2 wingers again?

I have a brilliant idea. No wingers, Mata and Kagawa behind RVP/Rooney. Get some slob off the bench so you play with 3 people in the midfield.

wow

such tactics
much problem-solvers
very united

Clegg

benching rooney now that he's the highest-earning footballer in the country would make moyes look even worse than he already does.
And as manager he shouldn't give a shit how he looks so long as he gets the best out of the team. There'd be questions as to why he gave such a contract to Rooney is he isn't playing him, but they'd be quelled if the team started playing well.

Hixx

I don't even remember the video, but I know it's not Hey Ladies or Weapon of Choice, so no.

Also fuck Oasis.

baby-crying-450rcje5.jpg

Scum

Rollercoaster tycoon 4... for mobiles. You know that south park episode where all Stan sees around him is shit? That's how it is going into gaming side and looking at new announcements.

Big publishers like EA have done a fucking great good of driving away middle tier gaming that could bring in so many more customers. So all the publishers left nowadays are sticking everything onto mobile to fix their bloated budgets.

i don't even understand why united, with their outdated 4-4-2, still buy players like mata and kagawa.

these players are innocent. they mean no harm. leave them alone.

4-4-2 can actually work with the right players and tactics. Someone like Lennon or Townsend bombing it up the wings. But yeah, Mata or Kagawa in a 4-4-2? Meh.

K1LLER7

On Sunday, RVP had just 27 touches, the fewest of any starter on either side - including both goalkeepers.

-------------- Rooney ---------------
Welbeck -- Kagawa -- Januzaj
-------- Carrick - Fellaini -------
Evra - Evans - Jones - Rafael
----------- De Gea -------------

tri_willy

I wouldn't trust him with the funds. Glazer's shouldn't either. He spent 37m on Mata and plays him out of position. Nothing will change even with more signings. United need to realise that he won't be another fergie. Just because he's given time doesn't automatically mean he'll succeed.

you know, coz moyes wants to make mata a bigger flop than carroll at liverpool... money wise
carroll is obviously the bigger flop :p

@wooden, what are your thoughts on mata now??? haha

Scum

I have a brilliant idea. No wingers, Mata and Kagawa behind RVP/Rooney. Get some slob off the bench so you play with 3 people in the midfield.

wow

such tactics
much problem-solvers
very united

Oh. The old Christmas tree, eh? Carrick, Felliani and a cone in midfield, Kagawa and Mata in front on them, RVP or Rooney up top.

bud

And as manager he shouldn't give a shit how he looks so long as he gets the best out of the team. There'd be questions as to why he gave such a contract to Rooney is he isn't playing him, but they'd be quelled if the team started playing well.

i very much doubt that. it'd even get worse, i'd imagine. "if they can play like that, then, surely, they should be able to do even better WITH rooney, one of england's best players!" is what most people would probably say.

players like ferdinand or vidic are has-beens at this point; moyes could bench them, and no one would really question it, but rooney's 28, has only just signed a new super contract, and is seen as one of the best players in the country.

whether they'd actually improve without rooney or not remains to be seen--i doubt it--but it'd only make things worse for moyes.

subtles

wow

such tactics
much problem-solvers
very united

At the beginning of the season Neville made a point, which I guess is being echoed around Old Trafford, about Manchester United's "DNA". How the team will always use wingers and crosses, and how changing it isn't an option for Moyes.

Zabojnik

With his outing against Genoa at the Luigi Ferraris, Gigi Bufgfon has equalled the number of appearances made by another goalkeeping legend: Dino Zoff.

buffon+cover+buona.jpg

GRAZIE CAPITANO!

GorillaJu

Because we play pretty great football at the moment and its not really our fault when the rest of the leauge just stopped being competitive. If you watch Bundesliga for the championship its pretty boring but thats a failure of the runner up(s). Before this season started, they werent even trying. Bundesliga has a problem, because the top 5 clubs in Europe are equally strong but Bundesliga isnt. We saw that in Champions League and it will continue in the next few years until we become either the Scottish league or worse, Serie A...

Buy rivals' best players.

"It's not our fault the rest of the league sucks."

jtb

Banned
Rollercoaster tycoon 4... for mobiles. You know that south park episode where all Stan sees around him is shit? That's how it is going into gaming side and looking at new announcements.

I ventured over to gaming side for the first time in months to see if this was true... I don't actually mind mobile games when they're done right, but roller coaster tycoon holds a special place in my heart. and the real kicker is all this social garbage, all this "trade blueprints with your friends!" bullshit can go fuck itself. you could make a really good RCT or Sim City game for tablets with the right UI and some creative designers but I'm pretty certain this is going to be complete shit.

ugh.

I'm going to go punch a wall now.

Jack cw

That's hyperbole. We did a good job in the first few months, especially considering we had to replace Gündogan, Piszczek and some other cunt. It just went all downhill when more and more players got injured and we noticed there's no point trying to keep up with Bayern if that means not making it past the group stages in the CL.

Isnt that the whole point? Last year you lost the championship because of your bench. This year your bench was even smaller and there is no way to compensate the injuries. That is the reason why Bayern bought Götze and Thiago in the first place. To have alternatives at top level when other players are out and to be more versatile. And your last senctence says it all. You didnt even bother to compete. Obviously Dortmund gave up on Bundesliga because CL was about to be lost too. There is only one explanation: The roster is too small and the bench lacks quality.

Buy rivals' best players.

"It's not our fault the rest of the league sucks."
Morsel pls.
We would have bought players like Götze and Lewandowski from other clubs too. Thats how things work in your league too, so please avoid double standards here.

Jarnet87

He'll score the odd goal to mask the shit he pulls throughout the game.

Stick either of WR/RVP up front. The other to the bench.

Then again, Moyes is worried about what "people might say" if he dared to take either off.

I shared this sentiment since the beginning of the season. The man is spineless. Good managers make tough decisions, something that Moyes has refused to do all season.

GorillaJu

Has anyone read the John le Carre spy novels?

I just bought The Spy who Came in from the Cold on a recommendation from Idle Thumbs. Looking forward to it.

EmiPrime

Well, I have something here to remind you of your 2012 CL loss.

I will always hate Bayern for failing to win that game.

Isnt that the whole point? Last year you lost the championship because of your bench. This year your bench was even smaller and there is no way to compensate the injuries. That is the reason why Bayern bought Götze and Thiago in the first place. To have alternatives at top level when other players are out and to be more versatile. And your last senctence says it all. You didnt even bother to compete. Obviously Dortmund gave up on Bundesliga because CL was about to be lost too. There is only one explanation: The roster is too small and the bench lacks quality.

"It's BVB's fault that they aren't competitive, why don't they spend 20m+ euros on bench players like we do?"

Clegg

Saw that Red Issue thing a few weeks ago. If it's true then it's just another sign that Moyes is out of his depth. No matter what you think of Ferdinand as a person, he was one of Europe's finest defenders at his peak. Moyes telling him to play more like Phil Jagielka must be a slap in the face to someone of Rio's stature.

Basically bringing his training methods which worked at Everton and expecting them to work at United is a work of the highest folly.

rvy

Banned
Oh. The old Christmas tree, eh? Carrick, Felliani and a cone in midfield, Kagawa and Mata in front on them, RVP or Rooney up top.

Bound to be better than whatever the fuck they're doing.

At the beginning of the season Neville made a point, which I guess is being echoed around Old Trafford, about Manchester United's "DNA". How the team will always use wingers and crosses, and how changing it isn't an option for Moyes.

But Beckham no longer plays football.

K1LLER7

Saw that Red Issue thing a few weeks ago. If it's true then it's just another sign that Moyes is out of his depth. No matter what you think of Ferdinand as a person, he was one of Europe's finest defenders at his peak. Moyes telling him to play more like Phil Jagielka must be a slap in the face to someone of Rio's stature.

Basically bringing his training methods which worked at Everton and expecting them to work at United is a work of the highest folly.

He told Rio to play like Jagielka?

4sTem.gif

jtb

Banned

I just bought The Spy who Came in from the Cold on a recommendation from Idle Thumbs. Looking forward to it.

I read Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy back when the movie first came out. I enjoyed it. Surprisingly brisk read.

Zabojnik

Report back on it after you're done. Thanks.

The Cosmos is all that is or ever was or ever will be.

So who's watching the new Cosmos?

I am. Liked the first episode, hopefully the following ones won't be as ... basic. The production is pretty great and Neil is an awesome host.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom