• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wilfred - The fourth and final season - Wednesdays on FXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

Wilfred is a half-hour, live-action comedy about "Ryan," a young man struggling to make his way in the world until he forms a unique friendship with "Wilfred," his neighbor's canine pet.

Everyone else sees Wilfred as just a dog, but Ryan sees a crude and somewhat surly, yet irrepressibly brave and honest Australian bloke in a cheap dog suit.

Cast

Videos

The End Is Near
Sauce
Puppies
Carpet
Envelope
Come

Shame on you, Wilfred: Confession #1
Shame on you, Wilfred: Confession #2
Shame on you, Wilfred: Confession #3
Shame on you, Wilfred: Confession #4
Shame on you, Wilfred: Confession #5

HgvBCcE.jpg

TheOddOne

Season premiere today, because Steely is the poop!
Season 4: episode 1 "Amends"

When Ryan's reality is upended, he gets a second chance to make things right.

Episode 2 "Consequences"

Ryan and Wilfred get an unwelcome guest during a camping trip.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Oh shit, totally forgot this was starting up again. I'll have to remember to set it to record.

Me neither. Seems like the show is just spinning its wheels at this point. Killing Ryan's Dad (maybe, I guess?) again seemed especially pointless, even if he got to have that redemptive moment with him. Worst sin is they simply weren't funny.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
The two premiere episodes were interesting - very heavy on mythology, very light on comedy (though each episode had at least one laugh out loud moment for me).

It's also interesting that they decided to basically do a "do over" with regards to the events of the third season finale, by retconning everything and then doing everything all over again but in a slightly different way.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Those were alright, I preferred the premiere over the second episode. Interested to see where they're going with this. 10 episode season right?

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
My cable package doesn't have FXX, so I'll be missing out. I do not like the rebranding for FX and the addition of FXX.

blanky

Considering the whole purpose things from the last few episodes
I really hope that this is not all about Jenna
I am really curious where this will go. Does Wilfred even know what he's doing?

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Decent episode, but I wish they weren't going so mythology heavy (even though these are the final episodes).

I thought they had a good character centric episode this week, with only a little bit of mythology thrown in at the end.

I do hope they don't go overboard though. They need to either leave things ambiguous or commit to the fact that Ryan is crazy. I would really dislike it if it turned out that Wilfred really was a real being.

What the fuck happened in tonight's episode. For a second I thought we were going to get answers and in the end we get barely nothing. This show just loves to confuse you.

Jerrod

I really liked this episode up until the part where it was mostly a hallucination (which I saw coming 10 miles away because this isn't the first time this show has done this). I really hope that by the end of the season we get some real answers, and I wish they would just go balls to the wall crazy.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Yeah, that was pretty weird (but still pretty fun). I really hope they don't go down the religious/fantasy route for real though - I'm still hoping that Ryan is crazy and it's all in his head.

Really enjoying this season, love the show anyway but it's nice to be at the home stretch and finally getting some answers.

Also I personally feel that Ryan being crazy is the cheap answer, it's like those movie theories you find online where every character was secretly dead, yeah it’s a nice idea but it's obvious. I would much rather they go outside the norm and go crazy with the actual story, and having Wilfred be either a god who is going to bring happiness to Ryan or the evil trickster god who is going to bring destruction to his life. It actually makes perfect sense in that no matter what Wilfred does you could argue that it was either to benefit Ryan or to benefit himself so I feel it’s a nice reflection on the series as a whole.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
No Dwight Yoakam as Bruce?

Yeah, that was disappointing. Still, I thought the Dwight Yoakam mask idea was kind of funny.

They apparently had to recast Mary Steenburgen as well

urgh

she was so great on this show too. I hate recasts. :/

Episodes, for the most part, simply haven't been funny... they just feel wasted and aimless.

I think the season is 50/50 so far - three have been funny and three haven't.

After watching tonights episode, I really miss Mary Steenburgen. Mimi Rogers sounded almost the same but sadly was not her. OMFG
I can't believe Wilfred lost a leg, that totally came out of left field. I thought he was going to die.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom