• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bar MAFIA |OT| There's Gonna Be Shots

zeemumu

Indeed, the last minute half baked 'claim' and the fact that nothing substantial has been brought up to the table forces me to be incredibly suspicious of you dragon but my vote will go on one of the inactives one for now.

zeemumu

Hi there i dont know you and would like you to speak up a bit :) what are your thoughts on the game currently.

Since we are almost 36 hours into the new day it amazes me how little activity this thread has had.

Players:

01 [m] timetokill - New checked in
02 [m] Catvoca - did not check in
03 [m] tomakasatnav did only react not really there
04 [f] WhereAreMahDragonz checked in
05 [m] Kyanrute checked in
06 [m] euphemism who? Still Mia
07 [m]A Human Becoming [f] Tar-Miriel - New still missing
08 [m] Crab checked in
09 [m] Retroid did not really check in
10 [f] StackpoleH [m] zeemumu - New did not really check in
11 [m] Dusk Soldier checked in
12 [m] TheExodu5 still missing
13 [m] MattyG still missing
14 [m] Ourobolus did check in
15 [m] batsnacks still missing
16 [m] SalvaPot checked in
17 [m] AbsolutBro - DEAD
18 [m] Barrylocke did not really check in
19 [m] nin1000 checked in
20 [m] *Splinter - DEAD
21 [m] Timeaisis checked in
22 [m] Hyperactivity for being hyper he is incredibly silent
23 [m] kingkitty - DEAD

That's 11 players who did only made one reaction post or are still missing in action!

That's a lot of inactives and i hope this changes in the coming hours, I for one expect scum to hide in those since atm mafia is not forced to talk. We are making it pretty easy for them to stay silent since we aren't forcing everyone to talk.

What exactly qualifies as "really checked in"?

I'm essentially playing catch-up to discern where everyone is pointed and what's already known.

nin1000

Banned

I'm essentially playing catch-up to discern where everyone is pointed and what's already known.

Hi there i dont know you and would like you to speak up a bit :) what are your thoughts on the game currently ?

Kyanrute

Good to have ya, yeah it is a hard role indeed. Some questions to help you to get along.

What are your thoughts on the recent topics; dragonz's claim, Exodu5, the people who voted on AbsolutBro?

Who do you think can be trusted? Who do you think is town? Who do you think is scum?

zeemumu

Well, roles are up in the air because I haven't been in this variation of the game before so I don't know what I'd be looking for. Hyper has a lot of information that's good for new players but there's also so much going and out in terms of accusations and distrust that I can't make any concrete actions off of anything that isn't general info.

Good to have ya, yeah it is a hard role indeed. Some questions to help you to get along.

What are your thoughts on the recent topics; dragonz's claim, Exodu5, the people who voted on AbsolutBro?

Who do you think can be trusted? Who do you think is town? Who do you think is scum?

Absolut's votes were due to inactivity, right? Were you guys trying to get rid of him as dead weight (no pun intended) or do you legitimately think he's scum?

Dragonz' role seems complicated and somewhat open-ended as far as what actions will happen is concerned. I'd like to see if it actually yields any useful info, because it seems like that's where it's trying to lean with that bathroom conversation thing.

Exodu5 having no intention of revealing his role is interesting. If he does have a role but is still in danger of being killed by scum that doesn't make much sense because it could only hurt the town, wouldn't it?

Ouros what are your thoughts in general? Not just on the stuff that I mentioned, but overall?

nin1000

Banned
Absolut's votes were due to inactivity, right? Were you guys trying to get rid of him as dead weight (no pun intended) or do you legitimately think he's scum?

Dead weight, at this stage a player who is not willing to play is unhelpful for town

Dragonz' role seems complicated and somewhat open-ended as far as what actions will happen is concerned. I'd like to see if it actually yields any useful info, because it seems like that's where it's trying to lean with that bathroom conversation thing.

Sadly at this moment we did not get anything helpful information from him

Exodu5 having no intention of revealing his role is interesting. If he does have a role but is still in danger of being killed by scum that doesn't make much sense because it could only hurt the town, wouldn't it?

Yep him just saying "hey i have a role but i donw want to reveal it smells like dogs poo which had been resting for a while. Like shit. Either you reveal yourself and go full on with the info in order to help town or you shut up.

zeemumu

Yep him just saying "hey i have a role but i donw want to reveal it smells like dogs poo which had been resting for a while. Like shit. Either you reveal yourself and go full on with the info in order to help town or you shut up.

Oh wow I missed a lot. Late to the party. But how would the scum win by knowing that? If your role was beneficial to the scum I feel like they'd know or have some vague idea already based on your actions, so there'd be no reason to be afraid of being killed by them, but if your role was beneficial to town then the scum probably have no idea what your role is and it'd be safer for them to kill you anyway since they wouldn't care what your role is if it has no benefit to them but your role was shrouded in mystery. It's like painting a target on your head and saying "but you don't know what target I am, just that I'm not one of yours." Someone notify me if that makes sense or if I'm taking crazy pills.

nin1000

Banned
Oh wow I missed a lot. Late to the party. But how would the scum win by knowing that? If your role was beneficial to the scum I feel like they'd know or have some vague idea already based on your actions, so there'd be no reason to be afraid of being killed by them, but if your role was beneficial to town then the scum probably have no idea what your role is and it'd be safer for them to kill you anyway since they wouldn't care what your role is if it has no benefit to them but your role was shrouded in mystery. It's like painting a target on your head and saying "but you don't know what target I am, just that I'm not one of yours." Someone notify me if that makes sense or if I'm taking crazy pills.

no it makes sense since it could be a role that kills whoever visits that target.

That could make sense but i for one am one of those that think either you say something or you dont. Half arseing is nothing i could do

nin1000

Banned
It could also just have been a bluff in hopes to avoid being lynched, and saving his role from being revealed.

Thats what i think atm. since he just "claimed" moments before getting lynched without even having anything prepared i assume the worst.

Him being a bad mafia player.

Retroid

Dragonz role doesn't sound like something that would help town and seems convoluted, however, I don't think we should lynch her tonight. I think it might be a good idea to trust her and see where it leads us. I'm not sure how helpful it would be, but I am guessing she would have told us more if it wouldn't put her at risk.

(Also, looks like I am a Member now)

nin1000

Banned
Dragonz role doesn't sound like something that would help town and seems convoluted, however, I don't think we should lynch her tonight. I think it might be a good idea to trust her and see where it leads us. I'm not sure how helpful it would be, but I am guessing she would have told us more if it wouldn't put her at risk.

Congratulations !!!!!

who would you rather get lynched instead?
Ouro sure does not like you but it reminds me of me in GAFIA2 Barking for the sake of barking.

zeemumu

I think her role could go either way, but the bathroom tap or whatever that was makes me think that she could learn something that could be beneficial in the future.

Timeaisis

Timeaisis, what made you vote for Dusk “Town” Soldier and what made you keep your vote on him til the end?

I made my reasons pretty clear the previous day. It seemed to me he was playing pretty scummy: he was pretty inactive, he jumped on hyper very quick early in the day, and then played a little antagonistically. I stand by my earlier suspicion of him, but I admit I was wrong about it.

As for why I kept the vote on him, I wasn't around for the day end, otherwise I would've probably changed to Exodu5.

nin1000

Banned
Cute-Kids-Like-to-Drink-001.jpg

Let me share a drink

Timeaisis

So right now I'm most interested in:

- Exodu5's "role claim" yesterday, and how quick many people were quick to believe it.
- WAMD's early role claim today and her voting patterns yesterday

Exodu5 still doesn't sit right with me. He hasn't from the beginning of the game.

Good stuff Timeaisis. Exo's role claim really shook things up, and there was a lot of movement at the very end of the day, which is interesting to look back on. I can kiiiiinda see where you're coming from with Kyan, but as far as Dragonz I think she'd want to bandwagon anybody at that point so she doesn't get lynched, right? Her move seems to be for self-preservation which I think anybody would do on Day 1. So that particular move doesn't seem scummy to me, ironically though I still think she's scum anyway. Her role claim at the last minute and explanation since hasn't really swayed me too much. Just comes off as fishy to me. But I want to look broadly as much as possible on Day 2 to see what I missed.

I agree with the purposefully causing a tie, though. Seems he could've done it to avoid any responsibility one way or the other, OR just to watch the (bar) burn, which I'm not sure is any better... unless he's a neutral role or something? Not sure yet.

Yeah, WAMD was most likely just trying to save herself from a lynch. But the timing was as if to wait for a contrived reason to jump on a bandwagon. The reason being Exodu5's roleclaim and a couple people jumping to AB (basically WAMD was moving from one semi-bandwagon in Exo to another in AB). I get the self-preservation route, but I think if you look at it holistically it's still suspect.

MattyG

Banned
JsW2ycn.gif

Well fuck, I guess I forgot overslept. Had too much to drink on day 1. I'm gonna have to work my way through the last few pages and read all the theories and stuff. Be back soo...

Runs to bathroom and vomits

Timeaisis

OK, kind of a follow-up to my last analysis post. Let's look at everyone who voted AB. As Ouro said yesterday, AB really would get us hardly any information today, and I think he is mostly right. We don't really have a lot to go on from such a weak lynch. AB didn't have any opinions on anyone. For that reason, I think AB just happened to be the "easy" target and was simply a victim of circumstance. That being said, I find it very likely that there is at least one scum vote in here as a prodding vote, kind of a vote to steer the ship towards AB. So I'll run through of my suspicions of everyone who voted AB.

catvoca 1018 (1147)
Voted very early, but changed to WAMD near the end of the day. I actually missed his vote in my analysis yesterday, because he unvoted. Leaning town here.

dusk soldier 1035
Basically confirmed town at this point, moving on.

crab 1046 (1069)
Also basically confirmed town at this point. (or at least dusk and crab are both town, or neither is). He also changes his vote to splinter soon after, so it's hard to count this as anything interesting.

batsnacks 1053
Bats is the vote for AB. The momentum doesn't start picking up for an AB vote until Exodu5's role claim. But was this batsnacks trying to start a bandwagon? Maybe?

kyanrute 1141
As I mentioned previously, a seemingly reactionary vote coming after Exodu5's reveal. But, as Kyan himself points out, he is justified in this:

Time points out that the way I jumped on the Absoluttrain seemed rather hasty. I can see where you are coming from, if you only took a look at the vote post, but this is not the case. The vote was made 30 minutes before the end, right after I checked that Exodu5's early posts contained possible breadcrumbs. There was no need to unvote, I wanted somebody to die and I was going to be present til the end so I was certain I could change the vote should it be needed. When I voted for Exodu5 in #1057, I lined up my list of preferred candidates should Exodu5 not happen. Absolut was the second on that list. I had voiced my suspicions of him way back in #621. With this, it should be clear that the vote itself did not come out of the blue.
I think this is a very fair reasoning for voting AB, so for now I'm not suspect.

wherearemahdragonz 1157
A follow-up bandwagon style vote after Exodu5's vote and Kyan's. This vote does not sit well with me considering WAMD's posting (and voting) history.

theexodu5 1165
This is very suspect as it creates a tie between WAMD and AB. It's even weirder because WAMD had voted for TheExodu5 previously.. Also, this is Exodu5's first actual vote of the day, before that he voted for no lynch. Maybe he wanted a no lynch after all and wanted to try that via a tie? Who knows. Tying the game seems weird for someone who has no strong inclinations to lynch anyone in particular, unless they wanted a no lynch.

hyperactivity 1185
The tiebreaker vote. Not sure what to think about this one other than probably didn't want to end in a no lynch. AB was the safe pick. Reads town to me. And scum don't like to be the final vote (note that hype and splinter voted in the same final moments)

*splinter 1186
Dead.

So of those voters, taking into account everything here's my reads, currently.

catvoca 1018 (1147) - Town
dusk soldier 1035 - Town
crab 1046 (1069) - Town
batsnacks 1053 - Slight scum
kyanrute 1141 - Slight Town
wherearemahdragonz 1157 - Scum
theexodu5 1165 - Scum
hyperactivity 1185 - Town
*splinter 1186 - DEAD

MattyG

Banned
So far, my biggest scum read is WAMD. That role claim is just so... complicated and not normal mafia. Stuff based on RNG? I can't think of a single role I've ever seen that has relied on RNG, because it throws off the balance of the game. And if it's not RNG based, it just doesn't sound like a real role. I'm going to have to reread the posts to try to get a more in depth read on it though.

Crab is definitely town, as is Dusk I think.

nin1000

Banned
So far, my biggest scum read is WAMD. That role claim is just so... complicated and not normal mafia. Stuff based on RNG? I can't think of a single role I've ever seen that has relied on RNG, because it throws off the balance of the game. And if it's not RNG based, it just doesn't sound like a real role. I'm going to have to reread the posts to try to get a more in depth read on it though.

Crab is definitely town, as is Dusk I think.

MattyG i know you can do better than that. Try harder please. Thats not very helpful and you know it.

parrot_PNG721.png

That is resembling
YOU​
atm

Catvoca

Banned
Nin, while your around can I ask you about day 1? You've been pretty active now, even prodding posters who haven't posted much but during the first day you had like nothing to say until the last 24 hours. Why was that, and whats changed now?

zeemumu

All bubble blowing babies will be beaten senseless by every able-bodied patron in the bar.

This should be a game variation.

nin1000

Banned
Nin, while your around can I ask you about day 1? You've been pretty active now, even prodding posters who haven't posted much but during the first day you had like nothing to say until the last 24 hours. Why was that, and whats changed now?

Well, Day1 is a tricky thing since everything can get you lynched. Nothing happened and i just wanted to take the backseat and watch the game unfold. In short i took another approach this time.

nin1000

Banned
furthermore, *Splinter is dead even though he was town, he was one of those players that consume everyone around him. In a bad way. Since he talks a lot and attacks evreyone and everything that does not agree with him. While it is sad that a town player is dead i am happy that it was *splinter.

batsnacks

So... the end of the previous phase went something like:
TheExodu5 got pressured, claimed, was believed
Splinter got pressured
AbsolutBro and Wheremahdragonz became the two main candidates
Wheremahdragonz claimed, avoided lynch

Two people avoided lynch with claims. Wheremahdragonz has already given some information that could maybe be used to verify their role (bathroom convo).

I think Exodu5 should give something too. I am thinking that MAFIA PROBABLY HAS SAFE FAKE CLAIMS. Exodu5's argument for why we should believe the claim was that surely there is a "bartender" role and if he was not the real one then he would be counter claimed. Well mafia Exodu5 could be using a safe fake claim.

Catvoca

Banned
Well, Day1 is a tricky thing since everything can get you lynched. Nothing happened and i just wanted to take the backseat and watch the game unfold. In short i took another approach this time.

I guess I just find it a little odd to see you trying to transition from someone who was barely active to some sort of town leader.

Splinter got pressured

Two people avoided lynch with claims. Wheremahdragonz has already given some information that could maybe be used to verify their role (bathroom convo).

I think Exodu5 should give something too. I am thinking that MAFIA PROBABLY HAS SAFE FAKE CLAIMS. Exodu5's argument for why we should believe the claim was that surely there is a "bartender" role and if he was not the real one then he would be counter claimed. Well mafia Exodu5 could be using a safe fake claim.

Well the interesting thing about Exodu5 claim, and the reason why he might be believed, is that he breadcrumbed being the bartender from his first post. I mean it's totally possible that he's scum but it would mean he'd have to be planning to fake-claim bartender from the start of the game, which seems a little crazy. I guess if scum were given safe fake claims he might do that? Is scum being given safe fake claims something that ordinarily happens? I know it's happend in Role Playing mafia's where it uses existing characters names but I didn't think it happend in ones like this. Also, I'd dispute Dragonz giving us any info that could be used to verify her role yet, I mean we got nothing from her night action other than scum maybe having a watcher of something. It's clear we're not going to get any info that could verify her role until at least day 3.

nin1000

Banned
I guess I just find it a little odd to see you trying to transition from someone who was barely active to some sort of town leader.

Let me tell you, i am no leader lol
but for real now, since most did play some games with me will know that i just spit some infos out and thats it, i dont force anything and dont want to force anybody into anything.

batsnacks

Mafia made a similar fake claim in wrestling mafia that went something like

"I am town power role <prominent wrestler> and you can trust this claim because <prominent wrestler> is obviously a role that would be in this game and if I'm lying the real <prominent wrestler> will cc me."

Mafia won that game without losing 1 person.

Timeaisis

Splinter got pressured

Yeah, the Exodu5 claim means next to nothing for me. He hasn't given us anything other than a role name.

MattyG

Banned
One thing I need to know if WAMD knows is if her handler is another player or if that's just flavor. Based on the claim, it's hard to tell if this is another who is actually involved in these "missions" or just one of the mods playing the role of handler.

I'm just trying to figure out the mechanics of this role, because at this point it seems a) massively complicated, way more so than a normal spy, b) like just kind of a mess of mechanics and rules that don't seem to make a whole lot of sense in the structure of the game, and c) to not be driven by the player but rather by chance, something that normal roles generally avoid. All this leads me to believe that WAMD is making shit up as she goes along. But at the same time I want to be positive that it's not just being confused in the explanations and isn't actually is a useful, legitimate role.

MattyG i know you can do better than that. Try harder please. Thats not very helpful and you know it.

parrot_PNG721.png

That is resembling
YOU​
atm
Ahhh, I'm tryin', I'm tryin'!

That's a massive parrot.

Catvoca

Banned
Mafia made a similar fake claim in wrestling mafia that went something like

"I am town power role <prominent wrestler> and you can trust this claim because <prominent wrestler> is obviously a role that would be in this game and if I'm lying the real <prominent wrestler> will cc me."

Mafia won that game without losing 1 person.

Maybe I'm a little blinded by the breadcrumbing but it just strikes me as weird for scum to hint at their fake-role from the very start of the game. While both options are certainly possible, It seems more likely to me that it's a townie breadcrumbing their real role than a forward thinking scum breadcrumbing a fake role.

I would like to hear more from Exodu5 right now though, he's been pretty quiet.

Im trying to decide who bothers me more between WAMD and Exodu5. I'd have to give it to WAMD for igniting last minute chaos voting on a poor target (AbsolutBro), which is a big bane of mine.

Vote: WhereAreMahDragonz

TheExodu5

Banned
Sorry guys, I've been really busy. I will catch either tonight or by noon tomorrow.

If I can't get my act in gear, I'll get myself replaced.

Hey guys I'm up. A few things:

- I did not want to claim yesterday, and I know it looks totally scummy. But there was no avoiding it, because I know that even though my role is not helpful right now, I still believe that in the future it will yield more useful results. It's more than just a self-preservation thing, it's more of a "I might be able to help and I going to do fuck all for town if they lynch me". It was not ideal but I did what I had to do.

- As I mentioned, the role has a feel of a progressing investigation. So like, I'm assuming that now that I know that there's a watcher role, the next night will probably give me more leads and lead to new info. I didn't ask for this role, I'm just trying to do what I've can with what I've got. The next night, I plan to go balls to the wall and choose something riskier. Which will either result in death or new stuff for town.

I'll have reads and stuff later, but I'm really hungry and need food

Matty- the handler is a player; it specifically says that they know me and I don't know them, so I don't know why a mod would be playing at that

Obviously I wanna know about Exo's role, so hopefully he'll shed some light on that soon. As for scum hunting, and looking at yesterday's vote count, I would like to know more about Kyan and batsnacks. I know D1 lynches aren't necessarily a good indication of suspicious voting patterns because it's kind of a crap shoot, but I haven't really had a clear read on either one of them as of yet and they both voted for AB. Guys, what was the reason for your vote? Besides my last minute claim, why vote for him over me?

TheExodu5

Banned
Exo, what can you tell us about yourself? Share what you feel is shareable.

I'm the bartender. I'm town. I'm not sharing anything about myself other than that. Town has nothing to gain from me revealing my role at the moment.

2) TheExodu5 purposefully causing a tie seems odd. If AB was some super scummy dude I could see it being justified, but to risk the game and vote AB who, by all accounts is "kind of just floating by" without particularly being a top scum candidate, to me, seems weird.

I was trying to get a no-lynch through a tie. If that didn't work, then I wanted to see what the final voters did. I had no firm opinion on either WMD or AB, so I was hoping scum would slip up at the end and make an obvious attempt to lynch a townie. In the end, this may or may not have been a good idea. Splinter is dead and was town. Hyper is the other one to break the tie, and is a scum suspect as a result.

Right now, my 2 suspects are Hyper and WMD. Hyper for the aforementioned tie break during day 1, and WMD for a very vague role description.

Yeah, people are being awfully quiet. What's the deal?

Exo, is there anything you can say that would help prove you're town? Reasons being:

- You could just as easily be scum or town, I wouldn't rule out a scum bartender

- Bartender is a really easy role to guess going into a bar game, although I note it could be risky if somebody else has it... still, breadcrumbing it seems like a clear thing to do, and could easily be planned out by a scum team as a fake claim

- Your vote to tie still comes off as suspicious, even with your reasoning. If you're scum and both WAMD and AB are town, then you'd want to wash your hands of it and let somebody else make the deciding votes either way, and it wouldn't matter to you

batsnacks

WMD's claim seems too weird to be fake. If WMD is mafia why on earth did they pick this ridiculous role to try and fake that would make no sense.

I mean mafia probably has several safe fakes they can work with. "The cop" role and "the forger" roles that we know about are also really bizarre by normal mafia standards. I believe WMD for now.

Exodu5 openly admitted to trying to cause a tie situation which is bold. I can see town Exodu5 who originally wanted NL, who was forced to claim, who did not feel strongly about either main lynch candidate, doing something bold like this.

My vote is WMD and Exodu5 both get another phase.

Hyperactivitiy should probably post more as he lead a bandwagon against town splinter and was a tiebreak vote on town AbsolutBro.

SalvaPot

I haven't posted much because E3+CopaAmerica+Work+Life.

I do have to say that its weird how passive this day has been. No bite in any of us.

I suggest we do a bandwagon.

Gorlak

Banned
I've followed the game superficially. Does anyone mind to provide a short overview about the most important stuff?

Splinter is dead? No scum found yet?

Crab claiming to be an investigative power and clearing a player under suspicion? Have you not seen Harry Potter? Nobody voices even slight doubt about this play? What's wrong with you people? Are you all drunk?

Gorlak

Banned
... these mods are the worst. I demand links to day starts and ends in the op, come on you're better than this cabot (I expected as much from Kawl :p)

Top Bottom