• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Dia de los Mil Muertes

kiguel182

I enjoyed everything on Smackdown except for Orton stuff (that I skipped)

Pretty amazing how they made Ziggler and the IC title relevant. That has been one cool feud with two guys that had nothing to work with for a while.

That's the whole story of Smackdown. Making the best with a really underwhelming roster at first glance.

This was much better than Raw, I couldn't even finish that.

Jesus, that was incredible how AJ saved elsworths CAREER as a split second reaction to elsworths botch.

For a final run Kane should go back to the classic red suit and mask

Yesss.

1997 Kane is best Kane (although 2000 bearer return kane and day one unmasked kane with chains are both great too).

He's just doing victory laps at this point.

Have you been watching Omega on NJPW? I wouldn't say styles is a lock for WOTY yet.

Defo one of those two though

klonere

Banned
I see you people unfairly casting off some lesser wrestlers to the red brand. Your insolence has been noted and you will face consequences.

vkvVdke.gif

Hasney

I see you people unfairly casting off some lesser wrestlers to the red brand. Your insolence has been noted and you will face consequences.

vkvVdke.gif

Kalisto? Lesser wrestler?

Lay off the crackpipe. I'm just worried he hasn't been seen since Baron Corbin sodomised him.

EDIT: I didn't see the Mojo post after that... Continue.

Pretty amazing how they made Ziggler and the IC title relevant. That has been one cool feud with two guys that had nothing to work with for a while.

That's the whole story of Smackdown. Making the best with a really underwhelming roster at first glance.

There were moments where Raw barely made sense. Stephanie's mental gymnastics to set up the possibility of getting KO, Jericho and Seth in the cell together had my head spinning.

Trying to put Roman over by putting him in the ring with Sasha. See how happy he looked hearing all those cheers? I kinda felt bad.

I gotta say, Cesaro and Sheamus have been pretty entertaining.

Hasney

I actually don't mind Mojo anymore. Granted, that started in NXT after his match and interaction with Joe, but I still put it down to the #PowerofSmackdown

klonere

Banned
Dragon Gate is TEARING ITSELF APART.

I cannot fathom some of these turns.

Doi, stabbed in the back by a total VerserK blow in, ME is gone, we could get YamaDoi again or SPEED MUSCLE v2.0???

WrassleGAF you have the power to switch two WWE SUPERSTARS(tm) between RAW and SMACKDOWN LIVE. Which two WWE SUPERSTARS(tm) do you choose?
Kalisto to Raw so he can Cruiserweight and Swagger back there because...well he's Swagger.

Charlotte and Jericho to Smackdown because they're honestly the only reason I care to check Raw out live.

shaowebb

Doi, stabbed in the back by a total VerserK blow in, ME is gone, we could get YamaDoi again or SPEED MUSCLE v2.0???

Real talk. As great as the promotion is I feel that the talent they have would do better overall in NJPW. I'd love to see Okada vs BxB Hulk or Naito vs Masato Yoshino.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Real talk. As great as the promotion is I feel that the talent they have would do better overall in NJPW. I'd love to see Okada vs BxB Hulk or Naito vs Masato Yoshino.
?

Dragon Gate's booking is so much better than NJPW's it's absurd. Like on every single level. They're probably the best booked promotion in Japan.

Shingo randomly turned up in Z1 last year and had a great match with Masato Tanaka, he's a guy that could really do well outside of Dragon Gate, I feel. But then again, his run as the big boss of Dragon Gate in the past few years has been amazing, it's not like they're misusing him or anyone on the roster, really.

Also,
Kotoka returning as Dr. Muscle to screw over El Lindaman and then later help Tozawa against VerserK is interesting. None of the VeserK guys really tried to stop him, although they did chase him to the back in the end

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Dragon Lee noted on Informa that no one knew who he was when he came to ROH, but they were huge fans the next day. It was embarrassing how ROH decided to not to introduce Dragon Lee or promote his match with Kamaitachi at all.

I really don't think NJPW or CMLL should be partnered with ROH.

Like people in here complain about NJPW guys going over ROH guys all the time? Fucking ROH guys should be happy to be in the same ring with their no-name ass shit tier promotion. Like yeah, Jumpin Jeff Farmer from some shit hole Florida territory probably shouldn't even be in the ring with Harley Race.
TNA talk seems to have died down in the last week or so
There was just several posts about the Hardy Compound episode.

Also I feel like you've made this post before

shaowebb

?

Dragon Gate's booking is so much better than NJPW's it's absurd. Like on every single level. They're probably the best booked promotion in Japan.

I love their roster, but I just always see NJPW folks in everything. Commercials, endorsements, variety shows. Masato Yoshino has been my guy since Speed Muscle waaaaaay back in the day...I just never see Dragon Gate folks put up on that pedestal like they do Okada or Tanahashi or anyone else.

Am I just not connected enough with japanese media to see them as frequently as the NJPW folks?

KingBroly

Banned
So I looked again this morning...and now on the seating map... the stage is on the OTHER side.

God damn it. Fix your shit.

I imagine they'll have a small stage for this so they can jam every seat they can into the place.

They should also have 2 minutes per guy in this one since the entrance will be so big

I love their roster, but I just always see NJPW folks in everything. Commercials, endorsements, variety shows. Masato Yoshino has been my guy since Speed Muscle waaaaaay back in the day...I just never see Dragon Gate folks put up on that pedestal like they do Okada or Tanahashi or anyone else.

Am I just not connected enough with japanese media to see them as frequently as the NJPW folks?

Dragon Gate does sort of exist inside a bubble, in spite of them currently being the no.2 promotion in the country - the audience is different, the style of wrestling's a lot different and they definitely don't get the media attention that other promotions do. It's strange.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I didn't think Shingo's match in Zero 1 was that great.

I think all of the Dragon Gate guys wrestle Dragon Gate style and Dragon Gate style only works with Dragon Gate. And maybe like DDT dudes.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Yoshino should invite Doi to reform Speed Muscle then immediately turn on Doi for all the times that asshole did it to him

klonere

Banned
Watching Dragon Gate is hard. Definitely not a fed you can just randomly pay attention at times. You have to keep up.

If you do one solid block of catching up for a few months and get to know all the names, you can kinda skim from there. That's what I've been doing.

klonere

Banned
I did wonder where his obvious 'strike a match' segment had gotten to.

Oh? What's come up to make it look like he faked the photos?

He had a significantly different version of events when he was interviewed on Taz's podcast a few days ago. Can't even keep his own carny story straight

shaowebb

Right now where can you go to watch the following.

ROH
Lucha Underground
AAA
EVOLVE
NJPW
Stardom
Dragon Gate japan
Dragaon Gate usa

May as well setup a directory of links and channels for people to watch for the OT each month. Wrestling is far larger than WWE and Delete or Decay now. Add any other major promotions you know of worth watching.

Top Bottom