• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 Social-Link/Confidant discussion |OT| Laughing Banana is Makoto's husbando

^ that voluptuous femc concept works really well, though i would still prefer a p3p route where they go a different direction with the femc

I'd trust them to create a cool design for her regardless - P3P FeMC was very tastefully done while being a nice change of pace from the original Male MC.

Reposting for the new page:

Just went on a little hunt and... the need for a FeMC increases day by day.

t7my9H7.jpg

gyP9Tpm.jpg

vUFad1H.jpg

-Horizon-

Just went on a little hunt and... the need for a FeMC increases day by day.

Yeah, genuinely adored many of FeMC's social links in P3P, especially the ones with the guys of the team, Mitsuru, and Aigis.

I'd pay for this if it was DLC. Heck, I'd pay for this if it was another $60 game. Make it happen atlus.

PK Gaming

If they do a FeMC, she shouldn't look like female Joker. P3P's FeMC worked so well because she was a complete contrast from the male protagonist.

I'm no artist, but she should definitely not have black hair, lol.

Mediking

I see someone likes even older women

Are we gonna be enemies now? Is this what you want?

One day you all will realize how sexy Ms. Chuono is. Open your eyes, my friends. And this is coming from a Mitsuru fan.... I have excellent taste.

Alternate hairstyles are popular, right?

Code:
[IMG]https://68.media.tumblr.com/901d89facb22033b7aafca9d9bcf03b9/tumblr_opjmy5lEo51vdb8nco1_540.png[/IMG]
[IMG]https://68.media.tumblr.com/ea8fb8bcd50ba6beb74d26ac76967f93/tumblr_opjmy5lEo51vdb8nco2_540.png[/IMG]

Ann is cute here.

I don't know if Ann gets a timeskip in P5 or not but that hairstyle is perfect for a timeskip Ann.

galvenize

They need to add her as Joker's canon sister. With a social link of course where she go see MC in tokyo out of worry since their parents couldn't care less.

Also something something not related by blood.

Renekton

They need to add her as Joker's canon sister. With a social link of course where she go see MC in tokyo out of worry since their parents couldn't care less.

Also something something not related by blood.
That's just going to create a lot of incest-shipping :|

MoonFrog

Akechi/MC would really be uncool in my book. Guy a)
killed Haru's dad, b) perhaps also murdered Futaba's mom (unclear), c) is your would be murderer, and d) is somehow involved in the madness going on in various palaces. And...all his points as having a rival justice or being the Sherlock Holmes are thrown in the trash because he doesn't believe any of it and is just a jealous hypocrite.

Seriously, it would be fan fiction tier stuff and betray the narrative. If that is the way FeMC s link with Akechi went...I'd probably never play FeMC. A bridge way too far, imo.

Akechi/MC would really be uncool in my book. Guy a)
killed Haru's dad, b) perhaps also murdered Futaba's mom (unclear), c) is your would be murderer, and d) is somehow involved in the madness going on in various palaces. And...all his points as having a rival justice or being the Sherlock Holmes are thrown in the trash because he doesn't believe any of it and is just a jealous hypocrite.

Seriously, it would be fan fiction tier stuff and betray the narrative. If that is the way FeMC s link with Akechi went...I'd probably never play FeMC. A bridge way too far, imo.
unless
sticking with him is the bad accomplice ending. Then its awesome

MoonFrog

unless

If that's just a choice after a long narrative of supposedly being invested in the rest of the cast...then it is pretty dumb even then.

They'd have to recook the story a lot for me to even begin to see that as compelling and not just "I went totes evil at the last minute, guys!"

They'd have to have something more going on...

Hugging Akechi, FemC already trash.

unless

They'd have to recook the story a lot for me to even begin to see that as compelling and not just "I went totes evil at the last minute, guys!"

They'd have to have something more going on...

Unless they treat it like Shinjiro in P3P and make it so ranking him up past a certain level before a certain date
changes the events during Palace 6 & 7? The phantom thieves - Haru especially - may not be ready to forgive him, but they could definitely sympathize with his situation, and even invited him to help them.

I assume a romance with the protagonist could possibly sway him to their side by then or earlier.

Just an idea though.

If they do a FeMC, she shouldn't look like female Joker. P3P's FeMC worked so well because she was a complete contrast from the male protagonist.

Agreed.

I'm no artist, but she should definitely not have black hair, lol.

Agreed. Its just Joker with long hair, tits, small waist and wearing a female uniform .

Agreed. Its just Joker with long hair, tits, small waist and wearing a female uniform .

That's fine. Joker is a great design haha

Actually, considering Joker's backstory It would probably be best for feMC to be unassuming. Colored hair and flashy clothes that almost break uniform rules wouldn't fit the narrative of someone trying to keep their head down in a new place. The game is pretty conscious of those things. The only characters with obviously dyed hair (not natural like Ann) are obvious outcasts. Futaba to society, Ryuji to the school, Sae to the police force.

MoonFrog

Unless they treat it like Shinjiro in P3P and make it so ranking him up past a certain level before a certain date
changes the events during Palace 6 & 7? The phantom thieves - Haru especially - may not be ready to forgive him, but they could definitely sympathize with his situation, and even invited him to help them.

I assume a romance with the protagonist could possibly sway him to their side by then or earlier.

Just an idea though.

Yeah. I'm going to be a hard audience to please here. The scene after the boss rush segment irritated me; just smacked so hard of
got to pity handsome,
troubled young man who lashes out at the world and kills people (and those close to you). Like no, I don't need to pity him or wax on about how amazing he was.

I really wish Akechi had been an actual rival character...and while
the twist worked on most levels, it did so at the expense of his character. Moreover, what came next was told in such a rushed manner that really did not build a healthy new narrative around him, imo.

Idk. It reminds me of
Adachi. I suspected him. He was fishy and there weren't many eligible characters to be the killer. So much of the twist made sense and the various pieces of the puzzle fit together and explained why the case was puzzling, but Adachi's sexual angle was weird and sudden, he had face changes, etc. They could have gone with a much more natural story leaning more on the chip on his shoulder and less hidden personality. Or make the hidden personality more obvious to the player.

Still, I think Adachi was better handled than Akechi. Akechi's hidden personality devalued his voice in the story up to that point. A voice that seemed to have something to say.

Yeah. I'm going to be a hard audience to please here. The scene after the boss rush segment irritated me; just smacked so hard of
got to pity handsome,
troubled young man who lashes out at the world and kills people (and those close to you). Like no, I don't need to pity him or wax on about how amazing he was.

I really wish Akechi had been an actual rival character...and while
the twist worked on most levels, it did so at the expense of his character. Moreover, what came next was told in such a rushed manner that really did not build a healthy new narrative around him, imo.

Idk. It reminds me of
Adachi. I suspected him. He was fishy and there weren't many eligible characters to be the killer. So much of the twist made sense and the various pieces of the puzzle fit together and explained why the case was puzzling, but Adachi's sexual angle was weird and sudden, he had face changes, etc. They could have gone with a much more natural story leaning more on the chip on his shoulder and less hidden personality. Or make the hidden personality more obvious to the player.

Still, I think Adachi was better handled than Akechi. Akechi's hidden personality devalued his voice in the story up to that point. A voice that seemed to have something to say.
I think
the sexual side of Adachi's villainy played in perfectly with his whole bitter manchild "damn kids these days" shtick. He was entitlement incarnate.

He would have been all about that MRA life.

Dunno if I should spoiler it or not but it's about Kawakami but
do you ever get to do any fishing stuff with her? I romanced her and it kind of seems like a missed opportunity.

That's fine. Joker is a great design haha

Actually, considering Joker's backstory It would probably be best for feMC to be unassuming. Colored hair and flashy clothes that almost break uniform rules wouldn't fit the narrative of someone trying to keep their head down in a new place. The game is pretty conscious of those things. The only characters with obviously dyed hair (not natural like Ann) are obvious outcasts. Futaba to society, Ryuji to the school, Sae to the police force.

Sae isn't in the police force though. She's a prosecutor. She's​ also not really an outcast, more of an outsider.

MoonFrog

Do people dye their eyebrows? Futaba has orange eyebrows.

Also, is Sae's hair supposed to be grey or that light brown color? Her talk bubble drawing seems a bit different than her in-game model to me. Also seems like it has a shaved head on one side to me, so maybe I just really don't get it.

Trying to imagine Futaba with black hair atm...

I think
the sexual side of Adachi's villainy played in perfectly with his whole bitter manchild "damn kids these days" shtick. He was entitlement incarnate.

He would have been all about that MRA life.

It is a bit of an awkward comparison. I believe what
Adachi is revealed to be fits, but it is treated like a new alien persona in text (I only played the original, idk if there is more Adachi stuff and of what nature in Golden) and there aren't really hints of that dimension of his character until he starts changing his face.

Now, Akechi
what I'm trying to say is he has a new personality reveal much like Adachi. The difference is that it is also not additive or revealing, but subtractive. Adachi has just been a jealous hypocrite the whole time. The game isn't actually giving you a trustworthy perspective that pokes at the iffiness of what you are doing. That guy is just a murderous hack with daddy issues and a pretty face to break the hearts of the girls in the group and give you your tragic rival
. So the difference is really more important to me, but I also think they do fail in a similar way to each other disregarding that difference.

RalchAC

She's a woman.

When the Prosecutor's office (I dunno when this happens exactly, Palace 4-5?)
decides to put her in charge of the police in the PTs case I think I told to a friend if I wasn't sure if that was going to work. She is young, a woman, and an outsider. That's going to hurt a lot of egos.

MoonFrog

I liked Sae. The interrogation stuff was a bit awkward
as you basically do sell your team-mates out and then the whole thing in November was you didn't but...didn't we have all those conversation and didn't you gasp at some of the people who came up? Sure I "..." and avoided commiting but it seemed often times the cat was laready out of the bag when I took control.
Also amusing how she assumed you must have all your ragtag crew. Like "Yes, you must have had a fortune teller helping you."

But...I liked Sae/Makoto and I also liked corrupted, zealous, ambitious lawyer who can't be trusted by you but not by your enemies either.

Also liked the awkward effusiveness at the end and playing her a bit cold there after the sort of stuff she had pulled earlier. I like seeing that as a relationship in progress and seeing her earnestly trying to turn things around.

Edit:

at above, her design changed a lot.

Sayad

Alternate hairstyles are popular, right?

Code:
[IMG]https://68.media.tumblr.com/901d89facb22033b7aafca9d9bcf03b9/tumblr_opjmy5lEo51vdb8nco1_540.png[/IMG]
[IMG]https://68.media.tumblr.com/ea8fb8bcd50ba6beb74d26ac76967f93/tumblr_opjmy5lEo51vdb8nco2_540.png[/IMG]

Ann is cute here.
What's the point of giving Haru an alt hairstyle if you're keeping the forehead?!!
9ovvu0I.gif

Replaying mid-
September
when you first talk to Haru and help her move the soil cart.

...there's something super meta about the way Makoto just comes in out of nowhere and takes over the scene.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Dunno if I should spoiler it or not but it's about Kawakami but
do you ever get to do any fishing stuff with her? I romanced her and it kind of seems like a missed opportunity.

Not a spoiler, I don't think. But for the sake, I'll spoiler tag it.

But if you go to the pond with Ryuji, she shows up, but I think her rank has to be be a certain point.

I don't remember the date though.

There's a disturbing lack of Haru in this thread nowadays:

]

Oh this is too cute. What's the source?

MoonFrog

What is all this Kawakami talk!? Blasphemy! Makoto will not stand for this!!

Idk. It is a bit weird how much the thread cycles through waifus and how much that can affect your personal interest in the thread.

I've put up a couple long-form Makoto comments in the last couple days myself, but since I've been here it has been mostly a Haru conversation, then a Futaba conversation, then a Futaba vs. Kawakami discussion, then a Kawakami discussion, and now it seems to be in between discussions. There was a mini-Ann discussion too.

Personally, I found the Haru, Futaba, and Ann conversations interesting and the shift to Kawakami and fan-art not so interesting :p. I have a bias towards considering the teens as the love interests.

Haru has properly entered the fray now with her confidant link (blimey, that took some time!) and now it's a battle between her and Kawakami.

Hardest. Decision. Ever.

(Also, Futaba has an unexpectedly good story in her link that does wonders for her character. Maybe it'll be a three-way fight.)

I saw this on Reddit. Kawakami trying on Joker's glasses:

Late to the party but... woof!

MoonFrog

I could see the costs going like this, perhaps:

Kobayakawa: Well, he's probably the pimp himself?
Kawakami: 5k A teacher clearly on the lower rungs of the faculty from the opening scenes.
Kamoshida: Never get the chance to find out and he's probably allowed out because of volleyball anyway. Maybe some ridiculous price people aren't going to pay?
Ushimaru: 20k. I think he's probably been there a while and has a better contract.
Hiruta: 8k. Young like Kawakami, but he doesn't get saddled with you so I'm assuming he is more secure in his position.
Inui: 12k. Middle-aged and established but lacking in the charisma and seniority of an Ushimaru
Chuono: 15k. Much like Inui.
Usami: 8k. Much like Hiruta.

So I think FeMC would be expert mode, especially if they went for Ushimaru. Higher costs for the husbando and the time-saving services.

Top Bottom