• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pineapple Pizza Mafia |OT| The War On Fruit Pizza

TRIPLE POST just to say that if you want research-librarian monkey, request in the next however many hours for tomorrow we celebrate wedding anniversary and Mr. Monkey will probably be pissed if I check GAFia, even if it's for great justice. also I am drinky so you might get commentary.

Here are the posts that tipped me off to hey_monkey being a cop, in reverse chronological order because that is how search works. Bolded in that last one is what made me believe that she checked me Night 1.

Missed one.

yCwBBsm.gif

You claim scum gets a Double-kill Night but only if we lynch you, so no one will want to lynch SkyOdin now

That narrows it down to me exclusively, doesn't it. Convenient

Then, I'm supposed to BELIEVE in hey_monkey's attempted murder because she says you are Town af in the most 'fling-and-it'll-stick' way possible? Those first two posts are supposed to be construed in a way that she's of an Investigative nature and x-shot, respectively. Okay. Then lorem notice Sky is Town. me ipsum? Now I'm already dead. And that one you "missed" is so, so politically vague it realistically hurts me.

Above GIF was solely intended for *Theatrical Dramatic Effect Only my sincere apologies but Sky pls. Are you scum?

Do you know how easy it is for anyone to say that "x is Town" as a set-up? Palmer_v1 is Town.

brb D6 when I use this as my breadcrumb

I suppose in my self-defense now I'm going to have to comment on my closing against Palmer for Swamped, at least.

I hope you all like tragedy as an art form because that's what's coming for you

and Darryl, Yesterday I promised you I was going to fight you on a hilltop Today, I may have to climb a mountain now but this changes nothing

ZsaoxFa.gif

acohrs

Pretty surprised I'm still alive, but let's roll with it. Monkey's claim seems legit, 2 shots and out, no need to keep it in anymore. Plus, if they go this hard on Blarg and they're wrong, and it's not MYLO or LYLO, then they know they're next up on the chopping block. Only scum motivation I can see for doing it is if they've investigated blarg and found a town PR. However, blarg will obviously claim to save themselves so town will have to make a choice then.

For me, really starting to lean scum on Burb and StanleyPalmtree, too quiet, too safe

so blarg, you got any defense against the whole 'if hey monkey is wrong about blarg being scum (or not town or whatever) we will pretty certainly lynch her" thing achors just kinda said?
or are ya just raging gainst the inevitable?

if so please continue, is very entertainingly.

For me, really starting to lean scum on Burb and StanleyPalmtree, too quiet, too safe

heh

All right so my evening ended up videogames and then sleeping for a couple hours and then reading this thread and then watching episode 3 of the new Twin Peaks at 2AM in the dark so I'm pretty fucked up right now

but

impressions are:

- Blargonaut looks real bad, no two ways about it.
- SkyOdin's claim makes less than no sense to me. the content, the timing, the "strategy", none of it. suspicious as fuck, especially since it seems that none of the reveal actually helps town in any way.
- I would be actually surprised if burb and palmer weren't working together, and their tandem instant vote for Blargonaut on Day 1 seems pretty weird.

Also because Nomadic Sparks is coasting like a motherfucker... hasn't said anything of worth, and his last three posts are literally "lmao", "fire emoji", and "Nothing much but I'm watching some of you"

(and full disclosure, voted for 30 before that .. but why? again, no info)

...what the fuck even is that?

VOTE: Nomadic Sparks

Say something, or may you be struck by a falling pineapple

Lastly, there's something bugging me about hey_monkey's claim but I'm gonna sleep on it to make sure, i'll post on it tomorrow

Thoughts on what transpired.

So Monkey claims cop and says Blarg isn't town i can roll with that worse case scenario we lynch Monkey the next day.

Sky why did you claim fully? I mean you could have baited an NK by being mysterious about your role. Instead you made sure you wont get NK'd or lynched which sounds a bit shady, Monkey already vouched for you why give us your entire role?

Not gonna put my vote down on Blarg there is plenty of pressure on him without my vote.

Lets see what Blarg does against these allegations will he claim will he run will he hide find out next time on Pineapple Z.

So Monkey claims cop and says Blarg isn't town i can roll with that worse case scenario we lynch Monkey the next day.

Sky why did you claim fully? I mean you could have baited an NK by being mysterious about your role. Instead you made sure you wont get NK'd or lynched which sounds a bit shady, Monkey already vouched for you why give us your entire role?

Not gonna put my vote down on Blarg there is plenty of pressure on him without my vote.

Lets see what Blarg does against these allegations will he claim will he run will he hide find out next time on Pineapple Z.

I know I didn't post this, but yeah, I was thinking it as well. Bad move.

DAY 3 CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

Blargonaut (4)
hey_monkey 2175
Burbeting 2178
Palmer_v1 2180
LaunchpadMcQ 2183 2291
SkyOdin 2276

Palmer_v1 (1)
isaacnukem 2177

Nomadic Sparks (1)
timetokill 2361

timetokill (0): LaunchpadMcQ 2173 2183

No active vote for Day 3: acohrs, BlackBuzzard, Blargonaut, Darryl, Dr. Worm, LaunchpadMcQ (has previously voted), Lifeline, Nomadic Sparks, StanleyPalmtree, Verelios

Day 3 Postcount: acohrs 3, BlackBuzzard 1, Blargonaut 10, Burbeting 31, Darryl 12, Dr. Worm 20, hey_monkey 27, isaacnukem 4, LaunchpadMcQ 31, Lifeline 1, Nomadic Sparks 0, Palmer_v1 13, SkyOdin 21, StanleyPalmtree 2, timetokill 5, Verelios 9

Day 3 ends:
blu_1496091600.png

Automated vote tally here

9 votes for majority

SkyOdin

In part, to put pressure on you.

I still don't buy your vanilla claim, and we can't ignore the fact that Swamped may have been trying to protect you in the vote on Day 1. You have been conspicuously absent for most of Day 2 after we finished pressing you over your claim, too. I still think there are good odds that you are scum.

I am also still highly skeptical of Palmer's vanilla claim. My role so strongly implies that there are a lot of night-actions in this game, I find it hard to believe that everyone who has yet ended up in lynch range on the first two days is actually vanilla. Particularly when one of those claims ended up being a scum roleblocker.

Darryl

Banned
Yep, what I was saying was that one of the franchise claims was fake, so there's a possibility the other is, too. Someone mentioned d2 not trusting the franchise-name claimants. Now there's an extra shadow on them.

As for my breadcrumbs, I mentioned Sky not for my credibility but because he picked up on them and "okayed" me naming him. He saw what I was doing. See above. There are a few other things, like here when I said Sky had moved to my town list. I wasn't particularly secretive.

What say you, Blarg? I trusted your Mabel-eyed pineapple and it's all crumbling.

the interactions between you and Sky_Odin remain, in my eyes, utterly bizarre

Dr. Worm

Banned
This will lend some credence to the outlandish and shocking role claim I was planning to make today.

Did you breadcrumb anything about your role or your intent to claim prior?

Why claim if hey_monkey has you cleared? You said you want to pressure BlackBuzzard - why is that necessary today, when we're certainly going to lynch Blargonaut? It's not as if BlackBuzzard hasn't been scumread, and you could've just made an argument without claiming.

I can bandwagon

Vote: SkyOdin

wtfit.gif

SkyOdin

TBH, your claim kinda makes me worried that you and hey_monkey are bussing Blargonaut.
You know... I can understand that. To be honest, I really wasn't sure the best way to handle a role like this, that is so anti-town in nature. Like the Miller, I came under the impression that having town know about was better than leaving it as some surprise I announced ten minutes away from the deadline with votes over my head.

I still have absolutely no idea what Launchpad is going on about. I can only imagine that he believes that there is neutral or something gunning for my life, but if that was the case, I think it would have been mentioned in my role PM as a warning.

SkyOdin

Did you breadcrumb anything about your role or your intent to claim prior?

Why claim if hey_monkey has you cleared? You said you want to pressure BlackBuzzard - why is that necessary today, when we're certainly going to lynch Blargonaut? It's not as if BlackBuzzard hasn't been scumread, and you could've just made an argument without claiming.
Well we are clearly going to lynch Blarg, but we also need to take the time to talk about the next step after Blarg. Besides, a lot of talk about how vanilla or role madness this game was came up pretty much immediately today. If it hadn't I probably would have held off on my claim until later.

I didn't know how to breadcrumb this role either, without doing something incredibly sketchy such as saying "you will regret it if you lynch me", or something along those lines. I am not a Mafia pro. I have been night-killed or lynched eraly in every game I have played here except one mini-mafia, and I have no other Mafia experience. I am trying my best here damnit.

Thing is, as far as I can tell, we don't have any reason to lynch Sky at this time regardless, so eh. I dunno if I'd have claimed that either but even the wiki says the BP often triggers only on a lynch so... no big? I don't think I'd have claimed it either but he did and here we are.

Launch, your cryptic remark is cryptic and it sounds shady. As in it sounds like you're the vig now.

More to catch up on but generally - yeah, can also understand why Sky and I would seem sus now. We sorta accidentally ended up working in concert. But there's an easy way through that. Lynch me or Blarg. I'm powerless now so you could kill me first but Blarg ain't exactly defending himself and I think if he was neutral he would have. So I say kill him first. With 20 we can't have that many scum, right? And there's plenty of time to lynch me after if you want. I assume my checks were accurate but if game is bastard....

Blarg: thank you for your anniversary well-wish. You are nice for not-town. 💙 As for my role, my messages on results specifically mention alignment.

Palmer_v1

I still don't buy your vanilla claim, and we can't ignore the fact that Swamped may have been trying to protect you in the vote on Day 1. You have been conspicuously absent for most of Day 2 after we finished pressing you over your claim, too. I still think there are good odds that you are scum.

I am also still highly skeptical of Palmer's vanilla claim. My role so strongly implies that there are a lot of night-actions in this game, I find it hard to believe that everyone who has yet ended up in lynch range on the first two days is actually vanilla. Particularly when one of those claims ended up being a scum roleblocker.

Remember, I claimed under absolutely no duress.

And I will say this, too: I dunno if I've ever uttered the phrase "Occam's razor" in my whole life but if ever there was a time, it might be this. If Sky and I were scum with Swamped, do you really think THIS is what we would have cooked up? This is ridiculous.

Again, I dunno about Sky's claim. I can see why he would do it but also can see reasons not to. But all I can defend is that per my check, Sky is town. What he does as town, well. That's on him. In a town with Lifeline trying to tie the vote last second or whatever the fuck he was doing, I feel like many bets are off. Shit is chaos maybe. But it's winnable chaos.

Burbeting

Banned
For now, I don't see a reason to doubt Monkey or Sky.

- Monkey claimed a 2-shot cop. The existence of Miller means a town cop exists, and monkey hasn't been countered. I doubt there are multiple town cops either, although other investigative powers are possible, like trackers etc.

- So if we assume Monkey is telling the truth, and that she is 2-shot, that leaves the possibility that Sky is a godfather. But would a game having both a miller and a godfather be bit of an overkill counter against a cop with only two shots?

- There is the possibility of framer, but I already said that I doubt about it's existense for now.

Sky's claim was bad, but was it bad due to him not thinking about it, or due to a more nefarious reason?

TBH, your claim kinda makes me worried that you and hey_monkey are bussing Blargonaut.

I dunno if it would make sense for two scum (or two neutrals, I guess?) try to buss on a player who was going to become a center of attention today regardless.

Verelios

Remember, I claimed under absolutely no duress.
You really love bringing this point up dont you? You even specifically call for other vanilla roles to counterclaim you in a following post. I don't believe your claim for a second.
And I will say this, too: I dunno if I've ever uttered the phrase "Occam's razor" in my whole life but if ever there was a time, it might be this. If Sky and I were scum with Swamped, do you really think THIS is what we would have cooked up? This is ridiculous.

Again, I dunno about Sky's claim. I can see why he would do it but also can see reasons not to. But all I can defend is that per my check, Sky is town. What he does as town, well. That's on him. In a town with Lifeline trying to tie the vote last second or whatever the fuck he was doing, I feel like many bets are off. Shit is chaos maybe. But it's winnable chaos.
Monkey, I really want to believe you because you've made some quality posts and everything you're saying makes sense even though you've started drinking Palmer's lemonade. I can't see you and Sky putting together such a risky gambit because that would be tantamount to putting all your bets into day 3 if you were scum, but-
I'm not the vig and I would rather keep what I know to myself until after we have dwindled the pool of players down a bit.

What I can say is Sky's claim was some weak shit, either way. Sorry bro.
When I hear something like this that has the air of a counterclaim, I'm worried. It doesn't help that you're a two shot investigator and don't have more shots so the results need to be verified. I just can't wrap my head around why Blarg of all people if this isn't true.

Monkey, I really want to believe you because you've made some quality posts and everything you're saying makes sense even though you've started drinking Palmer's lemonade. I can't see you and Sky putting together such a risky gambit because that would be tantamount to putting all your bets into day 3 if you were scum, but-

When I hear something like this that has the air of a counterclaim, I'm worried. It doesn't help that you're a two shot investigator and don't have more shots so the results need to be verified. I just can't wrap my head around why Blarg of all people if this isn't true.

I'm not drinking Palmer's anything. I still find him suspicious - he's just moved down my list. People ahead of him are Blarg, obviously, Nomadic Sparks, BB, absent any new information (because we do still have that thread to trace, but BB just isn't particularly pinging for me anymore). I have some concerns about Darryl but they're the same concerns I've always had. See also Dr. Worm. I don't believe acohrs' vanilla claim but he may really just be a pretty oblivious townie. Thing is, we're all being cagey and suspicious right now because there are a lot of unknowns and I wouldn't want to plan too far ahead because we don't have the information to follow the webs further.

As for what you're quoting from Launch, I figure Launch and I are equally shady. We both did some weird vote shuffling. We've both been active. We've both been inconsistent at times. Launch's weird cryptic remarks are pinging hard for me but in the wake of Sky's claim, I find it hard to evaluate. I have something on the board we can test. I offered up everything I had, even my command if I'm allowed to share it, in the interest of town, and I dug up connections between Blarg and Swamped, too. That's pretty much all I can do until it's checked.

Some things I missed:
Can you tell me why Natiko died?

Nope. We made some guesses. But no one but the killer can tell us why Natiko died.

And that one you "missed" is so, so politically vague it realistically hurts me.

To be fair, I wasn't trying to leave any clues in that one but in light of Sky picking up what I was laying down, I can see how he'd have read that as a clue. It's a game of analysis and once something's in the wild, it'll get read as it gets read.
so blarg, you got any defense against the whole 'if hey monkey is wrong about blarg being scum (or not town or whatever) we will pretty certainly lynch her" thing achors just kinda said?
or are ya just raging gainst the inevitable?

if so please continue, is very entertainingly.

pineapple v pineapple continues

I don't see the logic im sorry mate, you say to put pressure on me but how? You claimed something that applies no pressure if you wanted to apply pressure should have just claimed vanilla :p. The only thing you accomplished is not getting NK'd because your role benefits scum and 2 not getting lynched cause your role benefits scum. Its a weird thing to do you had the backing of Monkey so there was 0 reason to claim fully. Think you made a bad play if your town.

Y'all I don't think we have to hammer on Sky. Good play or bad, the claim is out there. Gives us some perspective on the game. We work with and around it.

Verelios

Y'all I don't think we have to hammer on Sky. Good play or bad, the claim is out there. Gives us some perspective on the game. We work with and around it.
You're probably right. The problem is if we would even dare to lynch him at all...which makes me hesitant to say yes.

Yeah no lets not do that because if his role is true we are up shit creek without a paddle.
Possibly. Double night is only on a lynch, right? It's the unknown factor that's, well, unknown.

Q: is anyone else connected to Blarg? We have possible Swamped connections to others but Blarg has been pretty aloof.

My apologies for the weekend, gonna notice this post and then go to sleep so no TURBO k

also, came home to find out my right shift and delete keys on my laptop don't work for some reason, true story

Yes, my last reads-meal still awaits me, Darryl

Meanwhile, why don't you all discuss the build-up to Today without me? That sounds like a good way to contribute in my meantime.

*snip*

Launch, your cryptic remark is cryptic and it sounds shady. As in it sounds like you're the vig now.--

*snip*

How are you getting Vigilante vibes from what he said?

*snip*

--More to catch up on but generally - yeah, can also understand why Sky and I would seem sus now. We sorta accidentally ended up working in concert. But there's an easy way through that. Lynch me or Blarg. I'm powerless now so you could kill me first but Blarg ain't exactly defending himself and I think if he was neutral he would have. So I say kill him first.--

*snip*

As you know, hey_monkey, [Mafia] custom dictates that the accused die before the accuser. This is known.

I stopped existing the moment you dropped 'red-check', so there's no need to rub it in. Doesn't mean I'm not about to fight you and yours though. Patience?

You have diplomatic immunity from the others Today, enjoy it

*snip*

--Blarg: thank you for your anniversary well-wish. You are nice for not-town. 💙 As for my role, my messages on results specifically mention alignment.

I do my best

Are you sure? Maybe you should paraphrase it. You're a good player hey_ because you look at things very objectively and you say as much.

k good night all brb sleep

Possibly. Double night is only on a lynch, right? It's the unknown factor that's, well, unknown.

Q: is anyone else connected to Blarg? We have possible Swamped connections to others but Blarg has been pretty aloof.

Only one i see him having a close connection with is LL who is town.

Verelios

You ask, as though, I was a fountain of knowledge and wisdom and I'am not.

But here's a hot take: I could be talked into voting for Swamped.
...Okay, let me break this down. You being talked into voting for Swamped is honestly, somewhat irrelevant to you participating in what's happening today. What I want from you is your thoughts on the days events.

Top Bottom