• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pineapple Pizza Mafia |OT| The War On Fruit Pizza

Dr. Worm

Banned
Worst possible outcome is blarg has a power role that helps town, or he's bulletproof or something, and we end up losing it by lynching him.

You could apply this reasoning to literally any lynch at all. This is role madness, not role mild irritation, after all.

Or that Blarg is protected from lynch and monkey is in on that, so the Blarg bus costs us even more. That's not even considering the possible power roles that could actually have if lying.

If Blarg is lynchproof scum, the game is unwinnable if town loses whatever killing roles it has, you realize.

Burbeting

Banned
Feels more like cozying up but eh

I'm giving Monkey the benefit of the doubt of being town cop due to the miller being a real role in this game, so I tried to think of potential situations where a scum cop and a town miller were compatible. I couldn't really think of any other.

TTK, do you still think it's like that monkey and skyodin both being scum would really collaborate their claims like that, when 1 scum was just lynched? And you keep saying that what if Blarg has super good town PR, when it would make more sense for scum monkey try to get credibility by lynching neutral Blarg.

SkyOdin

Yeah, I highly doubt lynchproof is a role that would be given lightly to anyone, let alone scum. The lynch is the core mechanic of the whole game, everything else is of secondary importance.

Dr. Worm

Banned
Everyone playing seems to have posted at least once since hey_monkey's claim, right? Lifeline only posted once early on, but I'd say he isn't a cop.

VOTE: Blargonaut

Maybe you guys are right and I'm just over thinking the role madness thing, it still doesn't sit right with me though. But I hope you're right.

Sophia

Day 3 votes

timetokill (0)
launchpadmcq 2173 (2183)

blargonaut (8)
hey_monkey 2175
burbeting 2178
palmer_v1 2180
launchpadmcq 2183 (2291)
skyodin 2276
acohrs 2407
nomadic sparks 2408
isaacnukem 2434
dr. worm 2504

palmer_v1 (0)
isaacnukem 2177 (2434)

nomadic sparks (0)
timetokill 2361 (2438)

skyodin (0)
nomadic sparks 2368 (2385)

hey_monkey (1)
timetokill 2438

An up to date vote count can be found here

Majority is 9

Day 3 ends in:

blu_1496091600.png

Yeah the whole eagerness to do it now now now is also disconcerting me

If you're town you should want to let us get as much discussion in as possible

But it seems like there are many here who aren't interested in discussion

Hmmmmmm

Hmmmmmm

The only way i see us needing to lynch him if he is just gonna spam the thread with shit posts.

Verelios

Everyone playing seems to have posted at least once since hey_monkey's claim, right? Lifeline only posted once early on, but I'd say he isn't a cop.

VOTE: Blargonaut
We're already at lynch, slow down and let everyone come in. One post a day phase isn't going to help us going forward

Only possible reason TO turbo is maybe prevent vig action but that is rote speculation and should not decide us. We have more shady biz from d2 to look at while we wait and see if anyone else comes forward. one claim shouldn't stop all investigation

Lifeline

Pls don't turbo Blarg yet.

VOTE: hey_monkey

Monkey lynch:
If monkey is cop, we lynch Blarg and we have a confirmed town in Sky.
If monkey is scum, we lynch Blarg for being Neutral and Sky for probably being scum too.

Blarg lynch:
If Blarg is neutral, it'll keep a potential monkey + Sky scum team alive for a while.
If Blarg is scum, we get two confirmed towns in monkey and Sky.

I think Monkey is the better lynch.

Also I haven't read any of the thread yet so I might have missed any role reveals if there's been any.

Dr. Worm

Banned
Let anyone who has something to post do so before the day is over. The turbo won't really give us any advantage.

Yeah i really dont get this.

Can we atleast wait till Blarg shows up again before you maniacs lynch him.

Hmmmmmm

We're already at lynch, slow down and let everyone come in. One post a day phase isn't going to help us going forward

Only possible reason TO turbo is maybe prevent vig action but that is rote speculation and should not decide us. We have more shady biz from d2 to look at while we wait and see if anyone else comes forward. one claim shouldn't stop all investigation
LL...LL please

You are our confirmed townie...LL...

Goddamnit LL!

jesus, you guys

Lifeline

Re-reading the whole Sky Odin and Hey Monkey reveal conversation and it sounds sooo fake.

What are the chances Monkey checks SkyOdin, SkyOdin knows he was the one who was checked, SkyOdin (who hasn't really posted that much) somehow already figured out Monkey is cop, and then Sky realizes that monkey is referring to him and Monkey realizes that Sky is okay with being cleared and Sky's role ends up both protecting him from being lynched in the morning and explains why he's not NKd at night (a perfect scum cover).

All of this is so convenient.

Scum is offering us Blarg's neutral pineapple head on a plate to keep two of their own protected. And we're all just standing there with forks, ready to dig in.

Lifeline

I'd like to say I'm against turboing Blarg early because I think we do have some investigative work to do and I'd like to hear from him to see what story he cooks up.

pile_of_shit.gif

And I understand if there are people suspicious of me right now because I fucked up but that's why I wanted to get that out there ASAP so people have time to consider it before anything else goes down. But as for me:

vote: Blargonaut

Darryl

Banned
Re-reading the whole Sky Odin and Hey Monkey reveal conversation and it sounds sooo fake.

What are the chances Monkey checks SkyOdin, SkyOdin knows he was the one who was checked, SkyOdin (who hasn't really posted that much) somehow already figured out Monkey is cop, and then Sky realizes that monkey is referring to him and Monkey realizes that Sky is okay with being cleared and Sky's role ends up both protecting him from being lynched in the morning and explains why he's not NKd at night (a perfect scum cover).

All of this is so convenient.

Scum is offering us Blarg's neutral pineapple head on a plate to keep two of their own protected. And we're all just standing there with forks, ready to dig in.

I agree completely. Me and Burb have mulled over this a bit, if you didn't see those posts. We know we had a Miller reveal yesterday, therefore there has to be a cop. And it's likely that he is a town cop. So unless we have a town cop playing dumb, that scenario just doesn't add up.

Although I had my nerves equally unsettled. Can you think up a scenario that has the Miller role in it that this makes sense?

Lifeline

I suppose Natiko's death indirectly proves that we have a cop, so in the absence of a counterclaim, hey_monkey is legit.

Why would a cop who hasn't used his checks yet claim now? Especially in a game that has had 4 or 5 people claiming vanilla or vanilla like roles. Is two cop/cop like role unbelievable?

I can see a cop waiting to use his checks before they paint a massive target on their backs.

Dr. Worm

Banned
Outside of someone already having been Framed, it'd take a Cop counterclaim to cast doubt on the monkey

And at this point, with everyone else having shown up in some capacity, I'd still go for the Blarg lynch in any case

Dr. Worm

Banned
Why would a cop who hasn't used his checks yet claim now? Especially in a game that has had 4 or 5 people claiming vanilla or vanilla like roles. Is two cop/cop like role unbelievable?

I can see a cop waiting to use his checks before they paint a massive target on their backs.

They should claim anyway, because not getting rused by hey_monkey and SkyOdin is more important than whatever shots they may have remaining.

Read through, we talked about this already.

Lifeline

I think it's important to mention Scum already lost one mate. They're running low and the last thing they want is to get lynched over something small or have a neutral role NK them. This bold play protects them from both.

Lifeline

Also if you are waiting for a cop to counterclaim, then why turbo? Let the day run it's course, give the counter cop some time to think this through.

SkyOdin

If at any point in this game I am vindicated and proven town, I hope someone comes back and takes a second look at Launchpad. I swear he has been acting scummy.

Lifeline

Pls don't turbo Blarg yet.

VOTE: hey_monkey

Monkey lynch:
If monkey is cop, we lynch Blarg and we have a confirmed town in Sky.
If monkey is scum, we lynch Blarg for being Neutral and Sky for probably being scum too.

Blarg lynch:
If Blarg is neutral, it'll keep a potential monkey + Sky scum team alive for a while.
If Blarg is scum, we get two confirmed towns in monkey and Sky.

I think Monkey is the better lynch.

Also I haven't read any of the thread yet so I might have missed any role reveals if there's been any.

I'm just gonna add to this, even if Blarg is scum, I wouldn't rule out Sky and Monkey being some sort of neutral team. Like Joker and Harley from Arkham.

Since LaunchpadMcQ doesn't seem have any ideas, I guess I'll ask:

How'd you come around to Palmer_v1 as town, anyway? I'm mildly interested in your process with regards to that.

I've been coming around to getting past his antagonism towards others. I have to admit I have been in a similar position before where I think that town has its head up its own ass (though in that case, it was just me). I'm more willing to give him the benefit of the doubt over BB, who has done nothing and in that whole kerfuffle.

If at any point in this game I am vindicated and proven town, I hope someone comes back and takes a second look at Launchpad. I swear he has been acting scummy.

Just I'm being cryptic? Does not knowing what's coming scare you?

Lifeline

Still not caught up, but done for the day.

I really hope I don't wake up to a dead Blarg.

#TeamBlarg #Pray4Blarg #BlargIsLove #BlargIsLife

Why are you ignoring my question, Launchpad-kun?

Sorry, I didn't see it

Launch, what are your opinion on ttk asking for hey_monkey lynch?

Worst possible outcome is blarg has a power role that helps town, or he's bulletproof or something, and we end up losing it by lynching him. I'm which case we not only have hey_monkey to deal with but probably SkyOdin as well, who could be protected in some way for all we know. Or that Blarg is protected from lynch and monkey is in on that, so the Blarg bus costs us even more. That's not even considering the possible power roles that could actually have if lying.

I just think there are a lot more possible bad outcomes and furthermore confusing outcomes in that sense.

It goes like this: TTK is coming from an angle of mafia killing off a PR Blarg. I'm not sure what the probability of this is, but I don't think that should factor into it. Confirming Blarg is scum is very simple, and if he is, then we've got one scum; if he's not, we can turn around and lynch hey_monkey. Either way, we catch scum, right?

I don't think TTK is up to anything nefarious, I just think he's approaching it from a different perspective, which I think is reasonable. I don't have a full read on TTK at the moment, though.

Also, I'd like to point out something about the vig. If they are town, and they fucked up on WAMD, they're probably pretty hesitant to use their ability again (assuming it doesn't need to be proc'd somehow). That said, if you have this ability, I think whoever you are, you should use it on Blarg. This feels open-and-closed and we can spend the rest of the day talking about something else.

You were voting on him this day start though. Do you think it's still probable swamped was protecting him?

Yes, that's what I was going off of for that. I don't have a read on the actual player, though, he just came in. His predecessor was too quiet, as well.

Verelios

The only input ttk really has had on the game so far is that push for monkey lynch.

What are your thoughts on verelios?
Piggybacking on this, what's everyone's thoughts on a Burb/Palmer team? Individually too, if you don't have an opinion on their collusion.

Top Bottom