• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your Favorite Machine Gun/Assault Rifle

Mudkips

Banned
Klobb from Goldeneye
400px-Goldneye_screen006.jpg

Always gets shit done.

The Klobb? LOL that gun was a piece of shit. The only thing worse was being stuck with the PP7. I'd take dual DD44 Dosteveis over dual Klobbs any fucking day of the week.

Boss Man

Game is sadly underrated because of its awful sequel.

I loved this shit in online multiplayer:

Chimera_6_420_317.jpg

Very simple, straight shots- which is what made it feel so nice.

I mowed people down with it online, didn't need any of those fancy alien weapons.

mqdefault.jpg

the chris

The Cerberus Harrier from ME3 Multiplayer, good damage and with the magazine and armor piercing mods can usually tear through anything.

kTUHA.png

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
A lot of great ones in here, particularly the CS guns. Here's one that hasn't been mentioned yet and is probably my favorite rifle design ever.

M82_Assault_Rifle.jpg

The M82 from KZ2/3

I could watch the reload animation all day.

Lombax

Banned
"Originally manufactured by Gadgetron as ultimate in tactical offensive weaponry, the R.Y.N.O was only available from black market vendors. Featuring high-capacity, rapid-fire, auto-tracking missiles, this weapon was simply deemed too dangerous for civilian use."

1078045-ryno_super.jpg

DJ_Lae

One (or better yet, two) RCP90s from Goldeneye are easily my favourite, glad they've been mentioned.

More recently, I enjoy the Brenner from Payday for how it basically just lets you run around mowing cops over for a good long while before it needs reloading.

ibnX9B5SwhhMHt.jpg

I also miss not having the combat rifle when I play the first Left 4 Dead.

j3AzA3fFncGsU.jpg

ultron87

I always liked the Link Gun from UT2004+. I assume that it counts as an assault rifle.

rwwNM.gif

The team play aspect and the way you could repair stuff with it was cool.

Soma

Any iteration of the FAMAS. I always loved the design of it and more often than not it's usually a powerful gun in many shooters.

I also love the M14/M39 varients when it comes to battle rifles.

Sober

The Cerberus Harrier from ME3 Multiplayer, good damage and with the magazine and armor piercing mods can usually tear through anything.

kTUHA.png
Should try ME3 MP again. On that line though, I love the Mattock, just feels so powerful with every shot. The sound and feedback is great on that. (ME2 and 3)

G36, someone else pointed out.

Machine guns? I love me the M249 from BF3.

Arklite

A lot of great ones in here, particularly the CS guns. Here's one that hasn't been mentioned yet and is probably my favorite rifle design ever.

M82_Assault_Rifle.jpg

The M82 from KZ2/3

I love how Killzone guns look like actual manufactured near-future weapons, though the Helghast weapons were even better since they had an industrial feel to them.

Red Faction: Guerilla's assault rifle. That game had some of the best aiming and shooting I've ever felt. I sincerely wish it still had a thriving online community, because it was GREAT.

rcp.jpg

The RCP90 from Goldeneye really felt like it was tearing through guys. I can feel this pic.

Came here to post this. That gun was amazing, the rate of fire and the way it tore through anything and everything you pointed it at, it felt like a cheat gun.

The only thing worse was being stuck with the PP7.

You're crazy, the PP7 was awesome, absolute headshot machine (Klobb was a piece of shit though)

Ardenyal

M82_Assault_Rifle.jpg

The M82 from KZ2/3

This one is my choice aswell. Everything about it just feels right.

Another good one is the M41A pulse rifle from AVP:

Armat_M41A_Pulse_Rifle.jpg

The sound is just orgasmic and the way it tears aliens to pieces is very rewarding =)

survivor

Banned

M82_Assault_Rifle.jpg

The M82 from KZ2/3

Definitely one of my favourite assault rifles. Loved using the weapon a lot.

Sober

Halo Battle Rifle

bolter_hero_0.png

And the Bolter from Warhammer 40k
The Bolter in Space Marine MP felt like a water gun until you got Kraken bolts though. I guess it's because you are doing SM vs CSMs but still, the damn thing is supposed to be like a rapid-fire mini rocket launcher, so I was a bit disappointed it felt more like typical videogame assault rifle until that.

daedalius

The Bolter in Space Marine MP felt like a water gun until you got Kraken bolts though. I guess it's because you are doing SM vs CSMs but still, the damn thing is supposed to be like a rapid-fire mini rocket launcher, so I was a bit disappointed it felt more like typical videogame assault rifle until that.

But it blows up ork heads when you actually hit them there with a single shot?

They probably could have made it seem more powerful, I don't know how they felt about making orks explode as soon as they got hit once though, heh.

Against other Space Marines it isn't going to kill super fast, but yea, with Kraken Bolts its quite nasty. I mostly use the Stalker with burst fire and Stormbolter for actual multiplayer though.

Sober

But it blows up ork heads when you actually hit them there with a single shot?

They probably could have made it seem more powerful, I don't know how they felt about making orks explode as soon as they got hit once though, heh.
SP was fine, it was in MP it felt a little underwhelming until that upgrade.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
the m8 is a gift from god.
those high accuracy, high speed rounds tear through anything. just so wonderful. it's always been my goto weapon in rainbow six vegas multi.

gears3goldlancer-onixLevel100.jpg

I love this fuckin' gun, especially in the Gears of War 3 multiplayer. Feels weighty, impactful. Has a HUUUUGE clip, great Stopping Power, and has a fuckin' chainsaw attached to it.

And it's a gold weapon that actually looks good. Pretty rare in Video Games where they're usually big hunks of cheese(like the Gears of War 2 version).

Top Bottom