• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Episode Duscae 2.0 |OT| This is a fantasy based on feedback.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCdcUEBDU-w

Trailer is up now. This new update will be out on June 9th for the PS4 and Xbox One.

Thanks to raven777 for an analysis of some of the changes.
From the other thread:

So from the changes I have seen in the 2.0 trailer:

-abilities use less MP now. Tempest used to cost 55MP, now it cost 20
-dodge cost 5 MP now. I remember it using 10 before but I am not completely sure

ScratchyShadowyDromedary.gif

-you can fight Catoblepas (that giant dinosaur)
-now you can warp to the rocks
-new aerial attack

EnergeticThoseAndeancockoftherock.gif

-new charge attack with giant sword

PhonyUncommonKitfox.gif

-just guard doesn't cost MP

CircularAcademicIndianpalmsquirrel.gif

-dodge roll

PrestigiousPersonalAmericancurl.gif

-super team attack

The other thread was a mess with all the talk about the changes from Versus to XV so I have decided to create this new thread to talk about the gameplay changes seen in the latest trailer.

Obligatory: Holy shit, we can fight that giant creature now. It also gives a glimpse at aerial combat (sort of).

I didn't think I'd actually have any interest in replaying it, but some of these features look pretty fun, it seems like they're adding a good deal more emphasis on the characters and the immersion of what's actually happening with them. Looking forward to try it. Even aside from all the hubbub today about the game, it looks great to me still, and I can't wait to see more.

raven777

From the other thread:

So from the changes I have seen in the 2.0 trailer:

-abilities use less MP now. Tempest used to cost 55MP, now it cost 20
-dodge cost 5 MP now. I remember it using 10 before but I am not completely sure

ScratchyShadowyDromedary.gif

-you can fight Catoblepas (that giant dinosaur)
-now you can warp to the rocks
-new aerial attack

EnergeticThoseAndeancockoftherock.gif

-new charge attack with giant sword

PhonyUncommonKitfox.gif

-just guard doesn't cost MP. Also seems like quick dodge after attack. Animation cancel that Tabata was talking about?

CircularAcademicIndianpalmsquirrel.gif

-dodge roll

PrestigiousPersonalAmericancurl.gif

-super team attack

So I'll get to play as Sasuke Uchiha but with more character development and teamwork strategy? I didn't finish the first demo because it felt clunky and disconnected. Hoping to jump into v2 and feel energized to finish it.

artsi

Hmm is the "duo" mode new?

It seems like you can take one of your party members with you, don't remember it from the original version.

YyE81Qy.png

raven777

Hmm is the "duo" mode new?

It seems like you can take one of your party members with you, don't remember it form the original version.

YyE81Qy.png

yea it's the new quest thing Tabata talked about in the last ATR. You can take the members you want instead of going with all 4 all the time.

jamsy

Since no one answered my question in the other thread - was there anything said about ways to obtain the demo? Or are we still stuck with buying Type-0?

benzy

0:27, the camera is pulled out way more fighting the dinosaur, but then we also see it more up close a couple seconds later.

Ability to adjust camera distance?

ZarKryn7

So glad Square is taking feedback and improving the game. It tells me they're at least making effort making FFXV a fun game.

raven777

1:35, the camera is pulled out way more fighting the dinosaur, but then we also see it more up close a couple seconds later.

Ability to adjust camera distance?

Tabata mentioned that camera is suppose to automatically pull-in/out according to the situations. So maybe it's auto-adjustment?

fedexpeon

Banned
Well, I am glad with the lower MP cost because there was no point in using them in the demo. It was so fricken tedious on how they designed the MP regen system...Why the fuck do you want to hide behind a rock in an action RPG game?
Anyway, you can now use it like 3 times in between attacks with 20MP?
However, I still feel that MP cost still needs to be lower, like 15, or give us a larger amount of MP regen by combo-ing more.

Philippo

Those animation, out of this fucking planet.

They actually behave like real human beings.

Can't wait to test the improvements myself, hoping there's some secret in it.

Also: is there a link for the tech demo video? Or simply a minute mark?

benzy

I think they also said they are planning to add manual adjustment. Not sure if it will be in 2.0 though.

not sure. I hope you can.

Hopefully. In both of these sequences Noctis is attacking the Dino's leg, just at drastically different camera distance.

raven777

Actually for abilities using less MP. There are situations where Tempest uses 30 mp and 20 mp.
RdmiLgz.jpg

lwBXTLm.jpg

So I am not sure if there is a way to reduce MP usage for abilities? Or it's just still in the process of adjusting the balance...

Enthus

The bit at the end with the camera was really nice. They are definitely nailing the bros going on an adventure feeling.

Also, these animations are ridiculously good. Bethesda should steal some of these guys for ESVI.

ryseing

Stopped playing in anticipation for the patch. Aw yiss dodge roll. Definitely the most glaring missing feature.

Dynasty8

Hopefully better/quicker lock on is also available in the update. That was one of my biggest concerns. But overall, I love what they're doing with this game.

A trailer for the 2nd version of a demo. Never thought I'd see that lol Looks great though.. Do we know a timeframe for the final game? And also, that song makes me think of 'Old Boy'

Looks good so far. I know that these aren't supposed to be legit responses to feedback so much as planned features that were missing from the rushed demo, but the game that they seem to be building to is very enticing.

Begaria

What if FFXV Duscae is actually the Early Access version of FFXV and they just keep adding more to it until it becomes full release?

Top Bottom