• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Episode Duscae 2.0 |OT| This is a fantasy based on feedback.

Cidd

Jokes on us. Because this is actually FFXV all along.

Version 3.0 coming to Tokyo Game Show will include the car and chocobo riding....

Version 15.0 will be the complete version.

/s

Damerman

this is so weird. Square are pioneers in a sense. Noctis also seems to be a pioneer, with the riding of rocks and everything.

Can't wait to play this. Hoping they get some good feedback for 3.0 and possibly 4.0.

"So I wanted to take this time to tell you before we start promoting FFXV at Gamescom,
that this is indeed a different game now, and that we will be taking steps to promote FFXV to
you—our fans—with confidence from here on out. We will make absolutely no compromises as
we head towards finalizing the best possible game, so I hope you look forward to FFXV."

HT

wmlk

The bit at the end with the camera was really nice. They are definitely nailing the bros going on an adventure feeling.

Also, these animations are ridiculously good. Bethesda should steal some of these guys for ESVI.

Bethesda would steal a lot of people for better animation, lol.

The framerate being fixed up makes me eager more than anything else, to be honest.

...Well okay, that and being able to fight the Catoblepas. I've been curious to see how battles against huge creatures play out so that I can get an idea of what to expect against things like the Adamantoise from the TGS trailer.

Masked Man

I said wow
this is so weird. Square are pioneers in a sense. Noctis also seems to be a pioneer, with the riding of rocks and everything.

No wonder they removed the car from the demo. Noctis and company will actually be riding rocks in FFXV!

tumblr_m9wr4irE9D1rekrtmo1_500.gif

In the previous ATR, Tabata was talking to the designer and confirmed that the manual warp dodge (that is in 1.0) and the normal-ish dodge are two separate moves.

Considering that the warp dodge already fulfilled what rolling in e.g. KH does (albeit limited by MP) I'm assuming there has to be some kind of drawback for the normal manual dodge, or there's no reason for it to exist and/or have no mana cost.

Hypothetically something as simple as a shorter invincibility frame period for example, or a longer animation lock.
The big thing with dodge rolling is that it's also a movement ability, not only good for avoiding a hit, but more importantly letting you get out of a bad situation when surrounded or when something/someone is closing on you quickly. Ideally, I think, the warp dodge would cost MP (but less), and the dodge roll would be free to use, but possess no/limited invincibility frames. Idk though. I mean, if they've play tested it and it feels good, more power to them.

aitakute

Since Type-0 HD is only 2800 yen now for a new copy instead of the 7000 yen original price, mayb I should buy that for this demo. I wonder if it still comes with the demo now

-Ryn

Banned
Well my hype just shot back through the roof! Can't say the recent news about what happened to the Versus team hasn't been a bummer, but the game is looking straight up amazing and I can't wait to play it. They really look like they are crafting an adventure with some truly fun and interesting characters. Color me excited.

Also, DAT Area of effect circle. Would like that tweaked a bit but I can see what they were going for.

Falk

that puzzling face
The AOE circle is a terrible way to show you a spot you need to be at. A better solution would be when Ignis or whoever initiates a team attack move like that, a Chocobo spawns under Noctis in a flash of particle effects and then you have to play Chocobo Hot and Cold like in FFIX to find the right spot to be standing in to trigger the team attack.

KWEH!?

Kilvas

The character animation is absolutely unprecedented. They clearly have a lot of passionate people working on the game. Recently got the demo so I'm holding out for the update. Very excited.

Minions

So awesome! When I first booted this demo up I saw these guys in the distance and really wanted to fight them. The fact they are going to enable that in the demo is too cool. I think this is the first demo where they are continually adding content to a demo? I wish more games did stuff like this.

nib95

Banned
The music, combat and visuals look awesome. Really think FFXV could be a return to form for the mainline single player games.

Tabris

I can't tell as watching a video is different then actually playing it, but I don't know how to describe my issue exactly with FFXV:

It was like the camera was too close and a bit sluggish. It wasn't bad, it just was a bit hard to follow along. Also made me a bit dizzy honestly. But I can't tell if that's been changed.

Anyone else know what I'm talking about or am I crazy?

Wait, what!?

What hint did I miss about Photo Mode? :eek:

well, you do see Prompto setting up a camera for a group shot at the end. I'm taking that as a hint. also, I do remember tabata saying something about looking at implementing photo mode for XV in one of the ATRs, but I could be wrong about that.

raven777

I can't tell as watching a video is different then actually playing it, but I don't know how to describe my issue exactly with FFXV:

It was like the camera was too close and a bit sluggish. It wasn't bad, it just was a bit hard to follow along. Also made me a bit dizzy honestly. But I can't tell if that's been changed.

These things were suppose to be fixed for 2.0, but it's hard to tell just from that short trailer. I think we have to play the game to actually feel the difference.

For example, this is one fight scene inside the cave from 1.0

a1ZF2fR.jpg

And this is the cave scene from 2.0 trailer.
CUnuA7l.jpg

It's not an exact same spot with same weapon so it's not really 100% fair comparison but you can see the camera pulled back a lot in 2.0

Dark_castle

One under-appreciated updates is the improvement to game's sound effect/bgm, which Tabata and co admits to be lacking in the demo. I always have a thing for nice sound design, so that is nice to hear.

wmlk

One under-appreciated updates is the improvement to game's sound effect/bgm, which Tabata and co admits to be lacking in the demo. I always have a thing for nice sound design, so that is nice to hear.

Haven't played the demo yet, but the sound design for this game is already great just with headphones on watching videos.

I was walking out of a restaurant a couple of days ago and the music faded away and reminded me of the sound perfectly fading in and out when you get to Coernix or Wiz Chocobo in the demo. Just by that alone I'm really impressed by the sound design. It's weird that I was reminded of such a trivial thing from the game.

The AoE is something that has to be there because it's something the player has no agency on when it happens and it's not something triggered by just standing near Ignis.

A thing KH completely avoided by just putting a prompt when the attack is available... But hey, what do I know?

Low camera sensitivity maybe? I saw a video and the guy turns it all the way up and it's still too slow.

Other than that, stuff like the lock-on not keeping the enemy in the middle of the screen (or not even on screen) and the camera freaking out indoors could be what you're referring to.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
Prompto looks like he stepped up.

Top Bottom