• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trailer for "The Layover" starring Kate Upton and Alexandra Daddario

Dalek

http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2017/07/14/the-layover-trailer

Here's the trailer for director William H. Macy's (!!) new film, The Layover. It's the very down-to-earth, relatable story of a sexy Plain Jane type (Alexandra Daddario) who goes to war with her sexy best friend (Kate Upton) over a sexy dude (Matt Barr) they both just met.

I'm not sure what to say. Who knew William H Macy swung this way? I don't need to list all the ways this movie is going to upset people. Good on Macy for following his heart, I guess? Even if that heart steers him toward a feature-length catfight between two of the most beautiful women on screen?

https://youtu.be/lvhnNd0RoT8
When their plane is rerouted due to a hurricane warning, two single female best friends (Alexandra Daddario, Kate Upton) find themselves competing for the same guy (Matt Barr) during an extended layover in St. Louis. Directed by William H. Macy.

Layover640.jpg

*sees thread title*

"There are four reasons to watch this movie."

*watches trailer*

"There's no reason to watch this movie."

The film is scheduled to be released on August 3, 2017, through DirecTV Cinema prior to being released in a limited release on September 1, 2017, by Vertical Entertainment.

Yeah this has direct to DirecTV written all over it.

I'm surprised Macy didn't cast himself in this.

Apparently he did if his IMDb is anything to go by.

Here's the plot of another movie he also directed, Krystal:

a comedic drama about a young man who has never had a drink in his life. Upon meeting the woman of his dreams - an ex-hooker-stripper-junkie-alcoholic - he pretends to be in AA to try and woo her. In order to have even a hint of a chance, he must face his own demons and learn what it means to live without fear in order to finally become a man.

see5harp

I actually think there's a big big audience that wants well written, made, and acted romantic comedies. William H. Macy was actually in a very decent movie called The Closer years ago that I thought was very good. This movie, however, doesn't sound to be that type of film.

Top Bottom