• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

George W. Bush went to war to fight the demons!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is older than jesus on a dinosaur but here goes!

"President George W. Bush told French President Jacques Chirac in early 2003 that Iraq must be invaded to thwart Gog and Magog, the Bible’s satanic agents of the Apocalypse.

Now out of office, Chirac recounts that the American leader appealed to their "common faith" (Christianity) and told him: "Gog and Magog are at work in the Middle East…. The biblical prophecies are being fulfilled…. This confrontation is willed by God, who wants to use this conflict to erase his people’s enemies before a New Age begins.""

http://www.columbiatribune.com/news/2009/aug/18/iraq-war-was-an-ungodly-crazy-idea/

georgebush0kt.jpg

R2D4

Banned
I voted for him twice. On a bright side I had a revelation after the middle of his second term and voted for Obama. Guess we'll see how that works out.

Anything/everything related to the Bush administration and the current state of the GOP is so fucking retarded and mind boggling that I don't really know how to react to it anymore.

All I can say is "lol ok, I'm not even surprised".

Chichikov

We fight the demons there so we don’t have to fight them in W’s mind.

Also, why the fuck does all that cool stuff happens when The Daily Show and the Colbert Report are on vacation?

nib95

Banned
This is when countries have to rethink who the religious maniacs, mass murders and terrorists really are.

Dipswitch

Jesus, some of you people are gullible. Someone could start a thread stating that George Bush ate kittens for breakfast and you'd have people in there 30 seconds later going "OMG, seriously? What a monster!"

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
nib95 said:
This is when countries have to rethink who the religious maniacs, mass murders and terrorists really are.

Bu bu but ...FOX reports that Obama is a potential terrorist. We all know how he wants to kill everyone's grandma's!

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
oh bushy, I miss your crazy ass. Get out of the house and stop hanging out with kids and get back into the spotlight you nutjob! We need more laughs these days.

Dipswitch said:
Jesus, some of you people are gullible. Someone could start a thread stating that George Bush ate kittens for breakfast and you'd have people in there 30 seconds later going "OMG, seriously? What a monster!"

Yes of course. Because this is the first utterly moronic thing Bush has said so we should take this with a grain of salt.

seat

Dipswitch said:
Dude proudly proclaimed that he personally spoke with Jesus. This ain't a stretch, bucko.

Dipswitch said:
If this were news about someone else, perhaps more skepticism would be nice, but considering it's Bush I wouldn't be surprised the least bit if it were true. I'll quote DA...
DevelopmentArrested said:
just like he didn't look into Putin's eyes and see his soul; or speak to god on foreign policy.

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
Rorschach said:
We already knew that God spoke to him directly.
Because he's the hero Amerikuh deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So you'll hunt him because he can take it. Because he's not your hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

gog and magog is considered by many theologians to be russia not iraq.

Gog and magog was written that its location was "a far land north of judea"

but that's beside the point, back to the bush-bashing circle jerk.

Asmodai

Banned
Jibril said:
Because he's the hero Amerikuh deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So you'll hunt him because he can take it. Because he's not your hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

That's probably exactly what the embattled Republican stalwarts convince themselves.

DevelopmentArrested said:
just like he didn't look into Putin's eyes and see his soul; or speak to god on foreign policy.

There is a pretty big difference between misjudging a person's character and this. The first is an expression; he was wrong, but that was just shows that he is a horrible judge of character (like basically everything else).

The second is a little weirder, but not really all that crazy, except on GAF where religious people (or even anybody who identifies as anything other than Atheist or Agnostic) are regarded in a similar way to mold on bread.

way more

Kinda reminds me of the story that Rumsfeld would dress his military advice up as biblical quotes to get Bush to lap it up.

Draper reports that Rumsfeld’s monomaniacal determination to protect his Pentagon turf led him to hobble and antagonize America’s most willing allies in Iraq, Britain and Australia, and even to undermine his own soldiers. But Draper’s biggest find is a collection of daily cover sheets that Rumsfeld approved for the Secretary of Defense Worldwide Intelligence Update, a highly classified digest prepared for a tiny audience, including the president, and often delivered by hand to the White House by the defense secretary himself. These cover sheets greeted Bush each day with triumphal color photos of the war headlined by biblical quotations.

article-1184546-0501FCB0000005DC-424_468x339_popup.jpg

gq_rumsfeld_briefing_s10_090517a.jpg

As Draper writes, Rumsfeld is not known for ostentatious displays of piety. He was cynically playing the religious angle to seduce and manipulate a president who frequently quoted the Bible. But the secretary’s actions were not just oily; he was also taking a risk with national security.

http://men.style.com/gq/features/landing?id=content_9217

Bush teh Evangelical has teh religion? This is news now?

btw, Obama just spoke about it being part of God's mission or whatever to introduce health care reform. And he invoked the man upstairs in his olive branch speech to the Middle East too.

Dipswitch said:

But the fact that this is somewhat believable says something about the subject of ridicule.:lol

Thagomizer said:
The second is a little weirder, but not really all that crazy, except on GAF where religious people (or even anybody who identifies as anything other than Atheist or Agnostic) are regarded in a similar way to mold on bread.
Uh whatever. It's the typical double standard towards religion. If you hear voice in your head, you're crazy. If God talks to you, you're having a religious experience.

I don't see how a story like this about Bush is "completely unbelievable", and how reacting negatively toward it is bashing. How are you supposed to react to it otherwise? "Good for him" ...?

Flo_Evans said:
wow. I would never imagine in 100 years top secret defense info would be presented in a shitty powerpoint like that. It looks like a fucking horrid chain email, complete with amazingly bad drop shadow text! WTF. :lol :(

hey, Rumsfeld is old. what do you expect??!

evil solrac v3.0 said:
cover-large.jpg

these two guys? bush wanted to fight comic book characters? or bible versions?

You know, that storyline dragged on forever and ever, but I have to admit it was badass how that team had double Supermans.

xbhaskarx

bonesmccoy said:
btw, Obama just spoke about it being part of God's mission or whatever to introduce health care reform. And he invoked the man upstairs in his olive branch speech to the Middle East too.

Obama has done so plenty of other times as well, including during the elections.

But it's only a problem when Republicans do it. Another recent example: Bill Clinton's "New Covenant"

xbhaskarx said:
Obama has done so plenty of other times as well, including during the elections.

But it's only a problem when Republicans do it. Another recent example: Bill Clinton's "New Covenant"

Which proves that Bush and Obama worship different God's. But they are both Christian. How can this be!?!?!

xbhaskarx said:

Probably because Bush uses it as a(n) reason/excuse for war, people are still bitter about the crusades.

xbhaskarx said:

The implications of their "contact" with god is slightly different though. :p

I still think it's stupid, but I don't have a problem with people claiming to be in touch with God if it just is to gain inner strength, or promote solidarity or humanity. I don't like it if they use their "talks with god" to justify a war....

And then there is this:
Nabil Shaath says: "President Bush said to all of us: 'I'm driven with a mission from God. God would tell me, "George, go and fight those terrorists in Afghanistan." And I did, and then God would tell me, "George, go and end the tyranny in Iraq …" And I did. And now, again, I feel God's words coming to me, "Go get the Palestinians their state and get the Israelis their security, and get peace in the Middle East." And by God I'm gonna do it.'"

Abu Mazen was at the same meeting and recounts how President Bush told him: "I have a moral and religious obligation. So I will get you a Palestinian state."
http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pressreleases/stories/2005/10_october/06/bush.shtml

The Bush whitehouse denies the story though. But who know? The Rumsfeld slides are not in dispute . . . so . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom