• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lead Dev of Black Mesa Source mocks Japan quake victims

Zenith

Banned
After seeing the facebook links being passed round of people laughing at the the destruction and saying "Japan deserved it for Pearl Harbour" I didn't think I'd find a source so close to home.

The lead developer of Black Mesa Source posted this on their forums:
http://forums.blackmesasource.com/showthread.php?t=9008&page=3
along with many other users also making crass remarks.

You need to be registered to view that forum so here's a thread of users discussing the comment in a public forum (ironically in a thread rejecting a twitter comment that the Black Mesa Source community is horrible):
http://forums.blackmesasource.com/showthread.php?p=355226#post355226

or a screencap of his original post:
http://i.imgur.com/sG2YZ.jpg

I know it's not as big a deal as a real dev saying these hateful remarks but Black Mesa Source does get a lot of support from Valve and I think these people should be named and shamed.

inner-G said:
They make mods for some shitty old game?

I don't think anyone really cares about them in the first place.
Actually they're making what could be the best mod ever made - a complete remake of Half Life in the Source engine.

He's a fucking tool. Still really want to play their game, though.

CozMick

Banned
inner-G said:
They make mods for some shitty old game?

I don't think anyone really cares about them in the first place.

This post is almost, almost as insulting as the dev in question.

not really annywhere near as insulting :p

Dev is a fucking tool.

anaron

30j1s9l.jpg

zoukka

I only have to open the tech support/nerd channel of our school to see similar shit in every other post. Insensitive nerds who grew watching rotten.com.

itsgreen

Just looked at the screencap.

Although it is a stupid thing to say. And factually wrong.

I think what he said is hardly shocking.

If he said something stupid about pearl harbor and payback, he would have been a asshole. But this is just his opinion. Which is a stupid opinion, but still just an opinion. 'I don't care about them, because they wouldn't care about us'.

It is 'funny' because the Japan had to pull back their relief efforts in New Zealand. The Japanese are always right there to help with earth quakes, because they have so much experience.

GhaleonQ

markot said:
>_< Had to be from Australia............

But, um, Japan and Australia help each other all the time and help the other produce better experiences for its citizens and I think both countries like each other a lot and they demonstrably have helped each other out in the past (I'm sure Japan helped with the Queensland flooding, among other things, even though he's in New South Wales)?

Is...Is he stupid?

MechaX

Absolutely appalling. To be honest, I was expecting more character from a dev (however small he might be) than typical 4chan /b/ anti-morality.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
This country is full of ignorant cunts so I'm really not surprised. Probably some backwater bogan who thinks asians are taking all our jobs.

Am I a bad person for deciding that I'll probably still get the mod if it comes out?

EDIT: Changing "when" to "if" based on replies.

Ashkeloth

What a stupid opinion to have.

This probably destroys any chance this guy ever had of being employed at Valve regardless of the quality of the mod.

1-D_FTW

I don't know why you guys give these guys publicity. Black Mesa is clearly a sham (and has been obvious for years). The only way they get any notice is by pulling stunts. Just ignore them and their sham of a product. Neither are worth focusing on.

Chinner

Banned
MechaX said:
Absolutely appalling. To be honest, I was expecting more character from a dev (however small he might be) than typical 4chan /b/ anti-morality.
oh come on, don't just simply resort to "it's a bad thing on the internet .. MUST BE 4CHANS FAULT!". stupid biggots existed before 4chan, at least half the time 4chan is being ironic.

but what this dev said? pure ignorance.

clip

KittenMaster said:
Am I a bad person for deciding that I'll probably still get the mod when it comes out?

No, anyone that condemns his comments will still get the mod as well.

MedIC86

KittenMaster said:
Am I a bad person for deciding that I'll probably still get the mod when it comes out?

Does not matter because there product will never come out.
Last time i checked WERE REALLY GONNA DO IT IN 2k9

-PXG-

Does some insensitive remark frim another forum really warrant a thread? Even if someone like Cliff. B, Randy Pitchford or Reggie said such things, I at least, wouldn't bother making a thread about it.

"Asshole on the internet talks shit, more at 11"

MechaX

Chinner said:
oh come on, don't just simply resort to "it's a bad thing on the internet .. MUST BE 4CHANS FAULT!". stupid biggots existed before 4chan, at least half the time 4chan is being ironic.

What in the... I have absolutely no idea how you could have construed that sentence to me saying "IT'S 4CHAN'S FAULT" when I was using it as an easy comparison for something you still see TODAY.

Chinner

Banned
MechaX said:
What in the... I have absolutely no idea how you could have construed that sentence to me saying "IT'S 4CHAN'S FAULT" when I was using it as an easy comparison for something you still see TODAY.
actually you were, as you used it as the primary example. don't be so defensive and don't be smug.

bold

confused

Banned
PEOPLE SAY STUPID SHIT.

deal-with-it.gif

Raminator said:
You guts get way too butthurt about this shit. It didn't happen to you, and the Japanese sure wouldn't give a fuck if it did.

Sounds quite true to me.

1-D_FTW

clip said:
What ties do they have with him?

None. They created a sham of a video in hopes of getting employed by Valve. Valve saw through them and wanted nothing to do with them. They've been continuously teasing the internet with the fraud this mod will ever be released. Some still fall for it.

Top Bottom