• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New York State Fair unveils it's glorious donut burger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaborn

4e3195374673b.preview-300.jpg

With the New York State Fair less than a month away, the Fair has announced that its Fair Food Finder is now available at nysfair.org.

One of the food options fairgoers will be able to choose: A donut burger.

The Big Kahuna Donut Burger will be available at the Big Kahuna concession stand at the Fair.

The burger is a quarter-pound hamburger with a grilled, sliced glazed donut serving as the "bun." You will be able to add bacon, cheese, lettuce, onion and tomato to the burger.

The donuts will be made locally at Harrison Bakery in Syracuse.

The Fair will run from Aug. 25 to Sept. 5.

Story Here

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Had these in Oklahoma last year. I passed. No thanks.

I love trying out new food combinations, especially something over the top, but I can't see how that would taste good. I'd still give it a chance.

AVclub

Can't I just plunge a sharpened baseball bat through my heart and accomplish the same thing without having to do all that chewing and swallowing?

Revenant said:
I don't see how that would even taste good...

I could see the sweetness of the donus tasting pretty good with the bacon, actually.

I imagine that it taste good in a breakfast kind of way, if that makes any sense.

Still, outside of maybe trying one for novelty, I don't really see the point.

Davedough

I've had a Krispy Kreme Doughnut burger before just to say that I ate it. It wasn't the worst thing I ever put in my mouth, but I've had better.

XNarte

Me: "Hey, New York State Fair, cool I live in Syracuse...(reads further) ...oh, its about greasy Fair food."

Truth be told, I've always wanted to taste these things, but maybe I'll split this 4 ways with my friends so I don't feel like a complete fat ass. 4 slightly less fat asses are better than one!

We've had them at our state fair for a couple of years now. I tried one for the novelty. They're not as awful as you would expect, but they're not all that great in my opinion either. Deep fried Twinkies, however, are delicious.

S.Dedalus

AVclub said:
Can't I just plunge a sharpened baseball bat through my heart and accomplish the same thing without having to do all that chewing and swallowing?

But that wouldn't taste as delicious...

Dyno

I like my burger with a nice, fresh kaiser.

I just love that word. KAISER!

Kaiser - kaiser - kaiser!

snacknuts

we all knew her
The IN State Fair starts next week and they will be offering this:

show.jpg

It's a chicken breast with Cap'n Crunch breading served between two Eggo waffles.

And this:

show.jpg

Bacon cheeseburger with French toast breading (the French toast also has Cap'n Crunch on it).

And this:

show.jpg

A bacon cheeseburger with a regular bun, but topped with "Mexican ice cream" coated in corn flakes and cinnamon.

And, lastly, this:

show.jpg

Deep fried Klondike bar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom