• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New York State Fair unveils it's glorious donut burger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davedough

Amakusa said:
Wood, with a egg added.
Does seem like a breakfist item

Like this?
UX2d4.jpg

Superimposer

This is getting weirder all the time
Oh my goodness. I clicked into the thread thinking it sounded disgusting but it's amazing. I want one

Blablurn

i love gaf's hamburger threads. they are like the exact opposite of all those random spider threads i really try to avoid. but when i see a new hamburger thread, hell yeah, i'm coming.

Koomaster

Yeah I've made my own of those burgers. Surprisingly very very good combo, even with ketchup. I wouldn't eat one all the time because super unhealthy; but once a year it's a fun thing to eat.

Nizz

Davedough said:
Like this?
http://i.imgur.com/UX2d4.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
This killed me :D On topic, no way I eat one of those burgers. I have a hard time finishing a 5 guys or Foster's Grill burger in one sitting.

LProtag

I wonder if state fairs have ever been anything besides places to go to get whatever food you you want, but deep fried.

Dyno

When I go to fairs and exhibitions all I look for is a freshly made corn dog. I pass by the ones that are sitting out 'cooling' and look for a guy who's ready to whip one up while I wait.

Heaven on a stick!

S.Dedalus

Vilam said:
It's only one donut sliced in half? They're doing it wrong.

No, that's the best way. At the NC State Fair, they used a whole donut for the top bun and a whole donut for the bottom bun. The resulting burger was about seven feet tall. Impossible to eat. One donut sliced is the way to go. But what they are doing wrong is not inverting the sliced donut. They should slice it, grill the insides, and have the ungrilled outsides of the donut become the insides of the bun. That way, you're not holding a mess of hot glaze in your hands, AND the glaze can mix with the burger, bacon, and cheese.

Mmmmmmm....

EDIT: Like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKDtMMKyuU0

You know, every once and a while I let GAFs healthnuttery get to me and I feel guilty for wanting something like the picture in the OP.

WELL NOT TODAY. Fuck you guys and your Paleo diets. Damn that thing looks good. I agree about grilling the insides of a sliced donut and inverting it for ease of delivery to mouth, though.

zesty said:
The IN State Fair starts next week and they will be offering this:

show.jpg

It's a chicken breast with Cap'n Crunch breading served between two Eggo waffles.

Okay I like the idea of eggo waffles as a bun actually. I'd try this with grilled chicken.

I've been getting grilled cheese donuts from a local place. Also grilled cheese+bacon+bbq-potato-chip sandwiches. And grilled cheese+mac-n-cheese+bacon sandwiches.

Speevy

Banned
S.Dedalus said:
No, it was literally seven feet tall. That's why you can't use a whole donut for both buns.

There must be something I'm missing either about the size of a proper donut that I've never eaten before, or the contents of the burger itself. I'm 6 feet tall myself.

You're saying that a donut on the bottom, then another on the top is 7 feet tall (1 foot taller than me), but if you cut just one of those donuts in half and use the resulting halves as buns, it is a serving size. Is this one of those world record things? I fear I've missed something.

ascii42

S.Dedalus said:
No, it was literally seven feet tall. That's why you can't use a whole donut for both buns.
When I made one, I used two donuts. It wasn't a problem. Originally we were going to slice it, but we realized that Krispy Kreme donuts don't really slice well.

Blackface

Banned
It's really not that bad. The only thing on the "burger" that is bad for you is the donut.

Now the one below it, that is battered up. That is awful for you.

JGS

Banned
I've made these years with day old donuts. I was surprised there were places actually selling them

Donuts have to be stale a bit to make it work especially if they are Krispy Kreme type

7aged

zesty said:
The IN State Fair starts next week and they will be offering this:

show.jpg

It's a chicken breast with Cap'n Crunch breading served between two Eggo waffles.

tommydavidson.jpg

CHICKEN 'N' WAFFLES ???!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom