• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hatsune Miku Project DIVA Arcade testing at Round 1 Puente Hills (LA, US)

10/11: Per the Round 1 Facebook, Project DIVA Arcade is back at the Puente Hills location only.

1383020_595728583816668_787908994_n.jpg

Round 1 Puente Hills's Facebook confirms Project DIVA Arcade is present for a one month location test (running until March 18). It is four credits to play and an online pass will be provided free for those who take a survey.

Photo of one of the machines taken by MarkMan: http://instagram.com/p/VsUzgwo9nI/

sXPBP2E.jpg

xcezwLa.jpg

For more info on Project DIVA Arcade, see the official website: http://miku.sega.jp/arcade/en/

Thanks to Wonko_C for the heads up!

four credits to play?! Good Luck

Pretty standard music game pricing. Also, Round 1 uses a card swipe system, so who knows what the value of 1 credit actually is. There are discounts for buying credits in bulk if I recall correctly - haven't been to the place since October 2011.

I'm not in the US but i hope US miku fans will hear the call to take up the arms to make that this testing is a success.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
∑(゚Д゚)

Why am I not in LA right now!!!

Please bring this to NY or at least closer to CT!

now if only we can get some songs by western producers in there... ..even if it is just Vocalekt Visions..

but then again, I am one of those crazy english vocaloid producers... the minority on these things..

I would love to go but I'm on the wrong side of the country and can't make it out there in the next month. D: If I hear from anyone who goes I'll update this thread!

<@ZeoH> Ooo, it comes with special cards too if you play ~_~
<@ZeoH> "Hey uh, for those of you who are probably going "oh, they're not gonna be out of Project Diva cards by Saturday", they have less than 35 atm"

Rayis

Damm it, I wish I still lived in LA, everyone go support Miku, I want Project Diva Arcade nationwide, I wonder what the tracklist is

Articalys

Cool, I hope they bring it to somewhere in NorCal next. I remember they had a machine at the J-Pop Festival in San Francisco a year or so ago.

Apparently the cards ran out but they are restocked now:

Attention Project Diva Fans: Round1 Puente Hills have restocked on "Project Diva" cards. They are running out fast so make sure you hurry down and grab yours soon. Also we will be taking pictures of fans during the location test so all you Miku fans, cosplayers, or just fans of the Project Diva games come on down.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Played a ton of this while living in Japan. Nothing beats sitting on a bench in front of the machine with other fans waiting for your turn to come because you wrote your name on the list to play.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
&#8721;(&#65439;&#1044;&#65439;)

Why am I not in LA right now!!!

Please bring this to NY or at least closer to CT!

Oh yeah definitely... so if theoretically this game gets a US arcade release, what would the chances of seeing it at Dave and Busters be? Sadly that's all that's around here as far as arcades are, but even if it's NYC only I'd make the trip in...

Babalu.

round one kicks out all kids under age 18 at 10pm. then they kick out all kids under 21 at midnight. and they stay open till 2am for everyone else.

its a cool place and I live 10 minutes away from it but i have no idea what that miku cartoon girl is or what kind of game it is so GL to everyone else. i just saw the round 1 in the title so off i go.

but seeing as how the area is 95% asian, i'm sure there will be lines for the game like the street fighter cabinets used to have at arcade infinity.

The official Hatsune Miku Facebook page posted this message:

&#12304;Project Diva Arcade&#12305;
....is on Location Testing now at ROUND 1 in Puente Hills, California!!! The location testing will last until 17th of March, so hurry down to try the game&#9834;
Stay tuned for more test locations to be announced soon...
Hopefully more locations means something for us on the East coast... please?

Wonko_C

This might be a dumb question after all this time: What does "location test" mean? I'm familiar with the fighting game location tests that are common in Japan, where they take feedback from the players to implement in the finished games. But in this case, the game is clearly finished (though constantly adding new, DLC-like content). What are they testing here?

This might be a dumb question after all this time: What does "location test" mean? I'm familiar with the fighting game location tests that are common in Japan, where they take feedback from the players to implement in the finished games. But in this case, the game is clearly finished (though constantly adding new, DLC-like content). What are they testing here?

Whether or not it would be worth the expense of actually bringing more than a handful of machines here I assume.

Shinriji

Testing if they will release Project Diva f in the US.

Wonko_C

Whether or not it would be worth the expense of actually bringing more than a handful of machines here I assume.

Testing if they will release Project Diva f in the US.

So, "location" in the most literal sense of the word. (feels dumb)

Hopefully if it's successful in the US, some of it rubs on Mexico, preferably in Cancun. If this somehow happens I'll probably become Peter Piper Pizza's No. 1 customer, LOL. (The only place with expensive machines, all the other arcades only have a few Pump-it Up machines here and there, and dozens of KOF 2002 "PLUS" bootlegs, which are still played, a LOT)

This report has some photos and a video of the test in action. It also, oddly, reports that if the game gains a permanent spot at Round 1, it wound be available beginning April 21.

So, "location" in the most literal sense of the word. (feels dumb)

You're not wrong, location tests can be used for a lot of things and definitely have been used to garner player feedback pre-release. They could be using this test to find out how to tweak the game for international audiences... time will tell.

I would actually pay that for arcade around me if there is ever one.

Actually I'm willing to pay 6 credits. Those arcade days. ;_;

I play double DDR when I do play, which basically means my games are $2 a pop because no machine ever has joint/double premium turned on so I have to pay to use both sides of the pad.

We're now in the last day or so of the Project DIVA Arcade location test! If you can make it out there and haven't yet, this is your last chance! D:

Top Bottom