• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mojang got their hands on the Durango?

dioxys

hyaoZsV.jpg

Link to the original tweet here.

Thoughts?

Kainazzo

If it's coming out in 2013, I would imagine most notable developers, big and small, have one by now.

When did 360 kits first become available for a no-name, startup developer to work with?

Bsigg12

Durango is actually really nice right now I mean with all the snow and what not it looks incredible.

But seems about right. I wouldn't be surprised if Microsoft just launched a massive smaller dev SDK send off with GDC around the corner.

Considering the amount of people that keep buying Minecraft on the 360 daily, I'm sure Microsoft wants there to be a version ready for their E3 launch window slide.

Notch is filthy rich confirmed. Bastard can go from Sweden to Durango in a day!

e9GuRrG.png

This is Minecraft for Durango and Kinect 2.0.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
My guess would be Scrolls port.

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/187080/Which_indies_are_working_on_PS4_games_and_why.php#.USs_QaWeOuJ said:
We didn't get off to a great start in our hunt for PS4 indies, as Mojang's Daniel Kaplan told us that he wasn't even aware that the Minecraft and Scrolls studio had been included in the release.

"That is more than I knew!" he laughed. "I mean we are talking with different people with Scrolls, but we havent decided anything yet."

Could it perhaps be the case that Sony has simply included a list of indies who are working on Sony platforms? "Maybe everyone will just be bumped up to PS4... I don't have a clue to be honest," he answered.

Why port an untested Scrolls when you have a massive-selling title like Minecraft to port instead?

If the next XBOX has BC, Minecraft will already be available. (Keep hope alive.)

Also, I'm thinking that an updated port to next-gen, as exclusive, would be similar to Tetris for the Gameboy in its ability to sell consoles, even despite being available to many other platforms. If MS has next-gen exclusivity for even a limited six-month period, it would help...especially if it had even more cool console-exclusive features, similar to how the four-player split-screen play, excellently-adapted controls for gamepad, and built-in recipes work.

Scrolls doesn't appear be an equal to Minecraft, in terms of success and broad appeal with a focus on exploration, player-creation, and collaboration, though.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
So, Minecraft 2 on next Xbox, maybe on launch. This is what is called a killer apps folks.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Why port an untested Scrolls when you have a massive-selling title like Minecraft to port instead?

because they don't need the money at this point. they're a perpetual motion machine. which means you have to figure that at some point, the creative desire to see their new products succeed with a wide audience will kick in.

Hermii

Seriously why not Wii U ? A second screen would be perfect for minecraft. 1gb usable ram, free patching and smoother certification process would ensure a much better version than 360 has.

ekim

From his tweet history, he seems to be in the US currently - he was at SXSW last week. So it's not that unlikely that he really visited Durango, CO.

mclem

Alan Wake 2 setting!

:eek:

Wasn't it suggested a long time ago that that'd be a town called Ordinary? That was an age ago, though...

(Actually, now I'm trying to recall what happened to that blog which seemed like it was building towards an announcement and then... nothing)

Minecraft 2 exclusivity would be huge. I don't know what you guys are thinking. Minecraft 2 would be the king of killer apps. The idea of minecraft only being on xbox is super unlikely. The pc will always get a version.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
it's strange that they have received it so late but may be it was the first time they tweeted about this!

Grief.exe

Minecraft 2 exclusivity would be huge. I don't know what you guys are thinking. Minecraft 2 would be the king of killer apps. The idea of minecraft only being on xbox is super unlikely. The pc will always get a version.

Way to stick it to the original fans who were instrumental in helping your game to release and to the success it now enjoys.

Seriously why not Wii U ? A second screen would be perfect for minecraft. 1gb usable ram, free patching and smoother certification process would ensure a much better version than 360 has.

I agree that a Wii U version is a no-brainer, but there's no reason to doubt the draw of a five-million+ built-in fanbase on XBOX now and there's nothing to suggest that there won't be more memory, better performance, and even similarly-streamlined and relaxed update and pricing for digital content producers for the next system. MS knows just how valuable Mojang's stuff is, so I'm sure they'll be far more giving than any of the others when it comes to clearing the deck for any exclusivity.

Top Bottom