• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Dontaku about Legit Shook

tm24

PREVIOUSLY ON WWE

13.gif

PREVIOUSLY ON WRASSLE-GAF, THE LONGEST RUNNING MONTHLY EPISODIC THREAD ON NEOGAF

Wall of Shame as inducted by Tm24
i1z0plmuYw97y.png
i7Nhyax5mjXKJ.png

We had an obsession with Cena's ass that led to everyone being legit shook. Sunflower booked a better blowoff show than WWE with the finale of season one of GWF, Sunflower is trying to make a site to spotlight Wrassle-Gaffers excellent reviews of things not WWE, Tumblr has a few hidden gems between the real scary parts and most importantly, FallingEdge is running a King of the Coliseum 2 tourney where he sims matches of wrassle-gaffers choosers. The winner gets to select what items FallingEdge consumes on his cheat day!

WrassleGAF KoC2 Tourney

Bracket

And the matches so far

CURRENTLY ON WWE RAW, THE LONGEST RUNNING WEEKLY EPISODIC SHOW ON TELEVISION!

When we last left OUR HERO, JOHN CENA, he was valiantly overcoming his career threatening injury to his achilles tendon, proving that he is the superior athelete compared to Kobe Bryant, in order to get over young superstars Kane and Daniel Bryan against Tumblr's #1 tag team, The Shield. Unfortunately, the weight of carrying the WWE due to no other superstar being able to get over through their own shortcomings was too much for the champ as his ankle keep getting healed and re-injured countless times over the course of RAW. What will happen to Cena's match against Ryback at Extreme Rules? Pay $50 dollars to find out!

Also, it's Kofi time, burying time, etc.

ibp9Y2KjAeftT7.gif
ibp9Y2KjAeftT7.gif
BREAKING NEWS!!!!
ibp9Y2KjAeftT7.gif
ibp9Y2KjAeftT7.gif

LA PARK has left AAA and is currently the biggest free agent in wrestling. #SAVEUSLAPARK #LAPARKRULES

IgOZ5PZ.gif

CURRENTLY ON WWE SMACKDOWN, THE LONGEST RUNNING WEEKLY SHOW THAT WWE DOESNT CARE ABOUT

Stuff happened. WWE doesn't care, why should I, a member of the WWE UNIVERSE, care? Oh right, Zigglypuff
tumblr_ml5v72fixO1r6v2bdo2_250.gif

WHAT YOU SHOULD WATCH INSTEAD OF WWE RAW

WWE_NXT.png

If you don't have Hulu+, just go look it up on dailymotion. It's the only way to experience the EMMALUTION
c.gif

But really, NXT is wrestling stripped down to its basics and it working. There's some great wrestling that is currently highlighted by the awesome Kassius Ohno/William Regal feud. Also, it has more Brad Maddox

WHY YOU SHOULD WATCH TNA IMPACT

I honestly don't know since I play basketball that night. But I'm told that Aries/Roode/Kaz/Daniels pretty much carry that show and that they're the best

UPCOMING iPPVs for the merry month of May

iVj7hs5YqfN6j.jpg

NJPW presents Wrestling Dontaku- $25 via Ustream and available for VOD for one week after the live airing

May 3rd - 17:00 JST | 09:00 BST | 03:00 EDT | 00:00 PDT

. Kazuchika Okada (c) vs Minoru Suzuki - IWGP Heavyweight Championship
. Shinsuke Nakamura (c) vs Shelton Benjamin - IWGP Intercontinental Championship
. Hiroshi Tanahashi vs 'Machine Gun' Karl Anderson
. Hirooki Goto vs Katsuyori Shibata
. Togi Makabe vs Yujiro Takahashi
. Masato Tanaka (c) vs Tomoaki Honma - NEVER Openweight Championship
. K.E.S. (Lance Archer & Davey Boy Smith Jr) (c) vs TenKoji (Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima) vs CHAOS (Toru Yano & Takashi Iizuka) vs Muscle Orchestra (Strong Man & Manabu Nakanishi) - IWGP Heavyweight Tag Championship
. Ryusuke Taguchi & Captain New Japan vs Prince Devitt & Bad Luck Fale
. Time Splitters (Alex Shelley & KUSHIDA) (c) vs Forever Hooligans (Rocky Romero & Alex Koslov) - IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Championship
. Yuji Nagata, Jushin 'Thunder' Liger, Tiger Mask & Maximo vs CHAOS (Tomohiro Ishii, YOSHI-HASHI, Jado & Gedo)

iHZ83mh6ujuxA.jpg

ROH presents Border Wars - $15

May 4th - 7:30 EST | 4:30 PST

-ROH World Championship: Jay Briscoe (c) vs. Adam Cole
-ROH World TV Championship: Matt Taven (c) w/ Truth Martini vs. Mark Briscoe
-Pro Wrestling NOAH vs. ROH: Taiji Ishimori vs. Eddie Edwards
-Davey Richards vs. Paul London
-ROH vs. SCUM: Jay Lethal & Michael Elgin vs. Two Members of SCUM
-I Quit Match – ROH vs. SCUM: BJ Whiter vs. Rhett Titus
-Roderick Strong vs. Mike Bennett vs. Mike Mondo
-Caprice Coleman & Cedric Alexander vs. ACH & Tadarius Thomas

ixniRvzxkavNl.jpg

SHINE presents SHINE 10 - $10 for live view, $15 for live view +VOD, $25 for live view, VOD and DVD

Friday, May 24th - 9 PM EST | 6 PM PST

-Card to be announced

MAY HAS CINCO DE MAYO. HOW CAN THIS BE MADE WRESTLING RELATED?

By watching lucha of course! Lucha libre is great and thanks to the wonders of the internet, it's super easy to follow! Here's a post i wrote about lucha a long time ago

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=41550700&postcount=101

And here's some lucha from very recently that's real great

Juventud Guerrera vs Daga vs Fénix vs Crazy Boy in the AAA FUSION tournament final match
- Fun cruiser lucha action

Rey Cometa & Stuka Jr. vs Namajague & Shigeo Okumura, mask/hair vs mask/hair
-Namajague is gonna be so awesome when he gets back to NJPW. Cometa is just plain awesome flying around. Put hair and masks on the line and things get crazy!

If you want to get into the spirit, the avatar theme for this month is masked wrestlers

REMEMBER WRASSLE-GAF, JOHN CENA GOES OUT THERE EVERY DAY FOR YOU, THE WWE UNIVERSE! (also, feedback on my first OT would be cool too)

Yep, im done with imgur. Switching over to minus

Thanks to Bootaaay I recently switched all my gifs and haven't looked back since.

Couple more opening round matches for the AIW J.T. Lightning Invitational;

iUAXIOFvHudNn.jpg

izSqtbWuJmbgM.jpg

Not familiar with Russ Myers, but Chris Dickinson has been impressive recently - Cole vs Donst should be flat-out awesome. Cole's one of the best around and Donst is so very underrated, I've really enjoyed his work in AIW.

"Nasty" Russ Myers is a decent indy guy. He's been been in a tag team called The Jollyville Fuck-Its the past few months in AIW. I'm super pumped for Cole and Donst, probably my most anticipated match so far.

Nice job on the thread man...damn, I didn't realise I was so high on the wall of shame :|

AJPW, "CHAMPION CARNIVAL - DAY 5", 2013.04.25
Nagoya International Conference Hall
1,350 Fans - No Vacancy

http://www.dailymotion.com/playlist/x2m4tj

01. Hiroshi Yamato vs Yoshinobu Kanemaru
02. KAI, Kaz Hayashi, Shuji Kondo & Ryota Hama vs Masakatsu Funaki, Masayuki Kono, SUSHI & Yasufumi Nakanoue
03. Champion Carnival - Block B: Joe Doering [4] vs KENSO [0]
04. Champion Carnival - Block A: Go Shiozaki [3] vs Takao Omori [2]
05. Champion Carnival - Block A: Seiya Sanada [4] vs Suwama [3]
06. Champion Carnival - Block B: Jun Akiyama [4] vs Akebono [2]
07. All Asia Tag Titles: Junior Stars (Koji Kanemoto & Minoru Tanaka) (c) vs BURNING (Kotaro Suzuki & Atsushi Aoki)

Day 1 | Day 2 | Day 3 | Day 4

Some real good stuff here, definitely check out the main event for a good junior-style tag match, while as for the Champion Carnival matches, Sanada vs Suwama is good, but Shiozaki vs Omori is excellent, highly recommended.

tm24

Some real good stuff here, definitely check out the main event for a good junior-style tag match, while as for the Champion Carnival matches, Sanada vs Suwama is good, but Shiozaki vs Omori is excellent, highly recommended.

So have you heard how apparently Sanada is going on an excursion to Mexico real soon? Also, AJPW sold out Korakuen for the final. That's good to hear. A healthy AJPW is good for everyone

Kaladin

Guys, I just got an in person interview off the phone interview I had last week.

I'm going to Tennessee next week!

Looks like I will be taking more PCW events in, loved the last one so why not

Next one is in May with The Steiners, zema ion, golddust and others

Then one in August which is no imports and has Noam Dar in a 60 minute iron match

Then one in November which has a guy called Uha Nation or something (never heard of him)

At the end of the day I much prefered it to anything WWE is putting out these days

jred2k

Great OP, Nice Job.

I wonder how long we can go without THAT .gif. It doesn't count if its a response to this either.

"Nasty" Russ Myers is a decent indy guy. He's been been in a tag team called The Jollyville Fuck-Its the past months in AIW. I'm super pumped for Cole and Donst, probably my most anticipated match so far.

Ah, right! I was familiar with the Jollyville's after their first AIW appearance, but hadn't learnt the dude's names yet. And, yeah, Cole vs Donst could prove to be really, really good.

So have you heard how apparently Sanada is going on an excursion to Mexico real soon?

No, I hadn't seen anything about it. That'd be excellent for him, the dude's improved leaps and bounds over the past year or so.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Guys, I just got an in person interview off the phone interview I had last week.

I'm going to Tennessee next week!

Right on, congrats!

Didn't see that New Japan poster until now. Nice callback to the artstyle used for their posters in the 90s.

It's dope as hell!

Looks like I will be taking more PCW events in, loved the last one so why not

Next one is in May with The Steiners, zema ion, golddust and others

Then one in August which is no imports and has Noam Dar in a 60 minute iron match

Then one in November which has a guy called Uha Nation or something (never heard of him)

At the end of the day I much prefered it to anything WWE is putting out these days

Sounds like a ton of fun and your last statement is correct with a lot of promotions these days :)

tm24

No, I hadn't seen anything about it. That'd be excellent for him, the dude's improved leaps and bounds over the past year or so.

yeah, this will do wonders for him. I figure he'll show up in AAA, since AJPW/AAA have had a thing going for a while, so i wonder who they'll stick him with

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
That John Cena injury thread is the best. Not a great place to use sarcasm, though.

I'm glad ol Bean Breath convinced me to make it, I love it when casuals drop in

strobogo

Banned
As I was hiking today, a bee flew right into my nose and stung me. INSIDE MY NOSE. Like, right at the base. The part where even the tiniest of zits are excruciating. What the fuck. Son of a bitch was like a missile. It hurt so bad.

gurudyne

As I was hiking today, a bee flew right into my nose and stung me. INSIDE MY NOSE. Like, right at the base. The part where even the tiniest of zits are excruciating. What the fuck. Son of a bitch was like a missile. It hurt so bad.

1) Holy shit.

2) I don't think we can top this. Thread is all downhill from here.

UberTag

How in the hell am I at the top of the wall of shame?

I don't even watch Raw.
Clearly you're a wise individual here to enlighten us with wrasslin' outside of RAW.
In a perfect world, everyone on the Wall of Shame would follow in your hallowed footsteps.

Watching the 16 Carat and holy crap, Shinobu made this look really cool;

izHNWlUim4WKQ.gif

Either that, or Bad Bones just caved his skull in.

*edit, goddamn, Bad Bones is nuts;

ibqOjjxDbCxaVE.gif

Kaladin

Watching the 16 Carat and holy crap, Shinobu made this look really cool;

http://i.minus.com/izHNWlUim4WKQ.gif[/img

Either that, or Bad Bones just caved his skull in.

*edit, goddamn, Bad Bones is nuts;

[img]http://i.minus.com/ibqOjjxDbCxaVE.gif[/img[/QUOTE]

I hated that CZW spoiled the winner in the Best of the Best commentary (at least I think they did).

strobogo

Banned
At first glance, this vid appears to be a sweet and touching moment where D.Brine celebrates his tag team partner's birthday with the fans in Russia.

And then we see an unfortunate someone completely unrelated to this tag team milking this moment for cheers and fan adoration.

I wonder who that unfortunate someone could be. Hmmm...

The gif from Raw with Cena literally getting himself in the center of the frame and staring right into the camera doing YES with D-Bryne was hilarious for all the bad reasons.

Ithil

Listening to Stone Cold's newest podcast, he's killing me, he's basically reading out the Wikipedia article on flies right now, after he nearly punched himself in the face trying to kill a fly.

UberTag

The gif from Raw with Cena literally getting himself in the center of the frame and staring right into the camera doing YES with D-Bryne was hilarious for all the bad reasons.
What's aggravating about it is that Cena just needs to amp things one or two levels higher so he can reach Troll Cena-level and satisfy Net Wrecker's booking plans for him.

He should pop up for every popular face segment and chant obnoxiously. He should march to the ring with a troop of 4-5 'Make a Wish' human shields. He should have a new T-Shirt every month. And every face on the roster should gradually become repulsed by him.

After he squashes Ryback, he should book title matches every RAW for all of the midcard faces and then proceed to no-sell their offense, hit the Attitude Adjustment on them and then raise their hand up like he did Dwayne at WrestleMania and prompt them to point at him.

Top Bottom