• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN: Cerny Video Interview (Up: All 3 parts released)

McDougles

OP, you're not supposed to call the tubs in the post!

I'm in the right mood to get out of this tub and file a complaint!

Tub07.JPG

Watching now.

At least he is talking about variety. I didn't hear "triple A variety" but at least it seems he has an idea that gamers don't just want FPS and TPS experiences exclusively.

Now if only the publishers could figure out how to provide those experiences and get them to sell. Many genres have died because of mismanagement of the genre more so than consumer disinterest. Those consumers have merely moved onto other platforms or sat dormant for a period. Well, that and rising development costs making it hard to cater to those groups of consumers when FPS/TPS is exploding in growth all around.

That positive attitude re: Teh Cloudz ... Microsoft PR could sure use some lessons in how to speak to gamers from Cerny!

Looking forward to the next two vids.

You can just tell he's analyzing things that just came out of his mouth after saying them. The guy is just a great speaker, and calming while confidant at the same time.

He said playstation consoles have always been about variety, and he's right. Glad ps4 is going to be the same.

Much less so with the PS3 as far as triple A mega hits are concerned. The PS2 and PS3 are very different beasts in that regard. Big budget variety died quite a bit during the PS3/360 days.

He straight up says cloud computing won't work well if you try to "boost the quality of graphics."

Many of us have been saying this for ages. Of course people will deny his words anyway because he "works for Sony."

bud

why even bother conducting an interview when you're going to ask him the exact same questions that he's already been asked a million times over the past couple of months?

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
He straight up says cloud computing won't work well if you try to "boost the quality of graphics."

Many of us have been saying this for ages. Of course people will deny his words anyway because he "works for Sony."

Yeah, 'it's just PR'. I've never, in all my life of being a gamer, seen so many people in denial. It's going to be one hell of a ride when the PS4 hits.

Hahaha, IGN's first question starts:

" Ever since the first announcement, 'games games games' have always been very prominent...."

He must read GAF. We don't like just games. We like games games games.

Tripolygon

Banned
Like the slight jab at the cloud.
It is not a jab, he is stating what he sees as possible and not possible based on his programming expertise as a software engineer. Cloud is the new buzz word for servers so it is like saying he is taking a jab at servers which does not make sense seeing as PS4 will be using servers for PSN features and Gaikai.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
It's not a good interview. I assume they talked to him after the Develop conference, but most of the things he said aren't really new.

The bit about cloud processing was interesting but sadly he didn't elaborate more on that.

Nothing new here. Like others said, the interviewer asked about cloud computing and Cerny says it's also possible for PS4 but says that computing on the cloud for "graphics" it won't work well.

meta4

It is not a jab, he is stating what he sees as possible and not possible based on his programming expertise as a software engineer. Cloud is the new buzz word for servers so it is like saying he is taking a jab at servers which does not make sense.

No he just politely said MS claims are BS.

Much less so with the PS3 as far as triple A mega hits are concerned. The PS2 and PS3 are very different beasts in that regard. Big budget variety died quite a bit during the PS3/360 days.

Variety doesn't need to come in AAA size. I still disagree though, the ps3 has been home to several kinds and genres of "AAA" games. For the ps4, they're betting hard on indies to bring even more variety into the mix.

Takuya

Banned
It is not a jab, he is stating what he sees as possible and not possible based on his programming expertise as a software engineer. Cloud is the new buzz word for servers so it is like saying he is taking a jab at servers which does not make sense seeing as PS4 will be using servers for PSN features and Gaikai.

It's a jab at the 'buzzword' that MS has been spitting out constantly and the whole premise behind it; not what cloud actually is, and he's very specific on that.

Top Bottom