• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN: Cerny Video Interview (Up: All 3 parts released)

I've honestly not seen anyone believing in better graphics from the cloud in weeks. It's all about "robust A.I. persistent world Titanfall" now.

You should visit Kotaku or Gizmodo.

I made a comment weeks ago about the cloud, part of it being that it could not be useful for graphics enhancement (other than maybe freeing up some resources in the console) and I am actually still getting replies to it with people claiming that thanks to the cloud the graphics will blow PC's out of the water.

It's fun catching people not knowing even the most basic stuff about rendering, GPU's, and overall what the cloud really is.

A_LIXIL_KeyVisual_LIFESTYLE_zps19bd_zps5f4df687.jpg

Queuing it up now!

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
I don't get the creepy obsession over this guy.

He's a talented and experienced developer with lots of tech knowledge who speaks in a straightforward, non-PR-filtered way. He's what people like us (enthusiasts) want but never get from corporate representatives.

That's not to say I worship him or anything, but this is where his appeal starts.

hamchan

I gotta say, I completely understand wanting to hear more information from a VERY intelligent individual like Cerny.

I do not understand the bordering on scary-type obsession with him. It's kinda borderline Cerny-fest level with seriously creepy undertones.

That said, I'll fill my tub later.

You really don't understand why the Internet overreacts with their obsessions?

Tripolygon

Banned
"It will not work well" is tech speak for not a chance in hell!!
Wrong. It will not work well means just that, technology does not stagnate, it improves so your assertion that it is tech speak for "not a chance in hell!!" is flawed. 5 to 10 years ago if you were told rendering games remotely ala Gaikai was possible, you would claim "not a chance in hell!!'. It is possible in theory but practically it will not work well due to the current internet infrastructure introducing latency which some game systems are very sensitive to.
Just the fact that he brought up the point about enhancing graphics, is where he brings up the Microsoft bs about how the cloud helps. Where he shuts it down is where he says, in a rather comical tone, that it 'won't work well' (i.e. hahaha).
That is a use case where cloud computing will not work well. People can talk about these things without being some kind of jab at someone else. A lot of people on GAF talked about it and so did some developers. Don't get hung up on whether he says the word graphics because that is one of the area where improving console performance applies to and is also a use case where it will not work well

B.O.O.M

Cloud Q was good. I hope they asked or at least someone else would ask about the concerns over heat since the box is so small. A quick clarification will put minds at ease on that topic

Frumix

Suffering From Success
What is this Cloud Computing people are talking about anyway, I'm sure the education in Niefelheim isn't that good.

Lucent

qa7IEwR.jpg

Better =D

EDIT: Wow. You just don't notice some of your mistakes until you've saved it and put it up on imgur. =l

jaypah

You should visit Kotaku or Gizmodo.

I made a comment weeks ago about the cloud, part of it being that it could not be useful for graphics enhancement (other than maybe freeing up some resources in the console) and I am actually still getting replies to it with people claiming that thanks to the cloud the graphics will blow PC's out of the water.

It's fun catching people not knowing even the most basic stuff about rendering, GPU's, and overall what the cloud really is.

Oh. I only ever read GAF so I admit I don't really know what cats do on other sites.

lol That would make you Oscar the Grouch.

Oscar was most probably an alcoholic. So it fits!

I seriously can't help but to see Tom from Tom and Jerry when I look at Cerny.

Well. Never unseeing that.

Lucent

I like how he asked Cerny about "the cloud". I don't know much about it but if it's reliant on a person's internet connection speed, I wouldn't think it would be used for too much because then the experience would probably be different for everyone. I just feel like Microsoft is probably using it as a selling point that's probably not even true.

Lucent

From what ive seen of him, Cerny has awful dress sense, even for someone in the videogame industry.

lol yeah...It's strange. I mean I wouldn't dress super flashy or anything weird even if I was rich but I definitely wouldn't wear what he's wear'n. He's still an awesome guy, though.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
This segment was way too short. Doesn't seem necessary to break up a 10-12 minute interview up like this. It's kind of annoying.

I like what little he had to say specifically about indies and providing diversity in the second part. It seems he is aware of my concerns at least and understands those indies may not one day grow large enough to provide the big budget experiences that we are hoping publishers will bring back to us in regards to certain genres.

I just hope some of these indie studios grow. The really need as many platforms to sell on as they can get. My brother has a degree in computer animation and is dying to get into the industry.

Top Bottom