• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Moto X |OT| Hello, Moto

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ

CEVkuFy.png

M6xlzUv.gif

NyS5G5e.png

7sP3aKo.png

cU5o33d.png

UkqrTBn.png

jchap

Meh, I'll wait for the next nexus. I was hopping this phone would have an attractive off contract price point but that does not seem to be the case.

ISOM

This unlocked on t-mobile will most likely be my next phone. Will the google play edition allow for color customizations?

how come? is it just the battery life? i mean, that's great but the phone seems it should be a lot cheaper.

Yes, it should. That's basically people's main issue with the phone. It's a great phone for around $350 based on specs and how much that should cost to make, but it's the same price as much higher spec phones.

Unicorn

how come? is it just the battery life? i mean, that's great but the phone seems it should be a lot cheaper.
The day to day functionality is no different that the high end phone, so performance disparity is pretty much null.

But it costs the same as the high end.

Laekon

The camera reviews are killing this phone for me. My Galaxy Nexus still does everything I need it to do but take good pictures. I really hope the next Nexus has a good camera and battery life. 1080 screens and poor battery life can also suck it.

I'm in love with my S4 (i9500 though... I wish it had a little more XDA support man), but to be honest, the Moto X seems too attractive! And the battery life more than anything else. My ONLY wish would've been a 1080p display, but everything else is phenomenal!

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
I'm in love with my S4 (i9500 though... I wish it had a little more XDA support man), but to be honest, the Moto X seems too attractive! And the battery life more than anything else. My ONLY wish would've been a 1080p display, but everything else is phenomenal!

the 1080p would cut into your other wish for battery life though.

the 1080p would cut into your other wish for battery life though.

GS4 has a 1080p screen and great battery life and HTC One isn't far behind.

what do we *really* know about battery life? some people said it was great, others said it wasn't, and the battery charts most people seem to favor (GSMArena and AnandTech) aren't available yet.

reKon

Banned
"The only thing bad about the OP is that it's too much info."

I mean what are the specs? Forget the specs.

okay.jpeg

It performs just as well as the HTC One and S4 in everyday usage it seems. The only major difference that affects overall performance is the cpu, which is dualcore opposed to quadcore (this one is a dual-core S600 I believe?). Most apps don't take advantage of this and so it doesn't really make a difference except with raw benchmark testing. Also ithad the same gpu as these flagships so handles gaming well.

Any chances of having the Moto X's software features ported to the Samsung Galaxy S4?

Active Notifications are already available for free off the Play Store. The only other thing would be the always listening stuff, but i'm sure someone will create an app for it.

sarcastor

i'd rather get the S4 with interchangable cover and SD expansion slot. Faster, better screen, has a lot of software tricks, and cost like $100 on contract. The Moto X does have customizable back covers but they're not interchangable. You're stuck with what you ordered.

kehs

Banned
Active Notifications are already available for free off the Play Store. The only other thing would be the always listening stuff, but i'm sure someone will create an app for it.

They're sorta the same.

The advantage of the moto set up is that they're not waking the main chipset up.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
GS4 has a 1080p screen and great battery life and HTC One isn't far behind.

what do we *really* know about battery life? some people said it was great, others said it wasn't, and the battery charts most people seem to favor (GSMArena and AnandTech) aren't available yet.

but!

they could be even greater...

this_guy

If you like the color purple then the Motorola X will have the best camera (because it adds a purple tint to everything) of any smartphone. That's what I read on Ars Technica review.

You won't see that on the spec sheet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom