• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

Amon37

I did get it.

You can have it, but I may not be able to trade until I have a day off which is Wednesday night us Pacific time.

VariantX

Finally finished the solar map last night after putting it off so long. Truly grateful that I do not have to do any more rescue missions for any other reason beyond alerts. I guess i'll be working towards collecting and maxing some 10-rank mods for sale on the market from here on out need to invest in more warframe slots and cosmetics now.

That game just made me love this game much more.
I know that feeling :)

Just the other day I finally got hunted down by that damn Corpus wolf-hound. Caught me with my pants down and I ended up failing the elimination mission I was soloing. Was a little bummed to think that the whole mission was a wash as the screen faded to black, only to have the image return to show
my frame held in bonds, as a Corpus prisoner. But then the bonds broke, and the Oracle informed me that I had to reacquire my weapons, one by one, and my powers, all scattered throughout this guarded complex and make my escape.

Working my way through, first in full stealth, and then more aggro as I went along and gathered my gear and grew stronger, I ended up taking the guard down that held the room holding my powers and headed for extraction.

I had no idea this kind of thing even happened. And it happened specifically as a result of my choices in the larger player-affected factional warfare on the star map.

I was impressed that this game, that I've put hundreds of hours into could still manage to surprise me and offer up something fun that I haven't done before.

And the game is filled to the brim with great ideas - ideas that need work mind you, and better balance. But damnit, a lot of great ideas nonetheless.

ZangBa

The Destiny beta made me appreciate Warframe more. I just feel like Destiny won't have half the value Warframe does for me.

I've encountered a problem. I have 4 more weapons left to lvl and then I'll have every weapon available lvled on the PS4 with nothing else to do really. I'll have nothing else to play after that :/

HORRORSHØW

I've encountered a problem. I have 4 more weapons left to lvl and then I'll have every weapon available lvled on the PS4 with nothing else to do really. I'll have nothing else to play after that :/

lol welcome to the club. u14 can't come soon enough. these days i'm formaing weak weapons for the hell of it.

//////////////

and...no times for the obstacle course run? lol it was free plat.

Grimløck;123370553 said:
lol welcome to the club. u14 can't come soon enough. these days i'm formaing weak weapons for the hell of it.

//////////////

I thought about finishing up the forma run im doing on my Boar Prime, but then I hit a brick when I asked myself why would I need this at all? I have everything leveled, and there's nothing left to farm. I suppose I could go rare material farming for the future, but I already have 115 morphics, 200-300+ gallium, 40 orokin cells etc. I don't think I need a 4 forma Boar Prime to farm Alad V or the dark sectors over and over on Jupiter lol

And at this rate I don't think we'll get U14 till sometime around the Destiny launch when this game really becomes a ghost town-not that I'd want U14 in its current buggy state. They've been hot fixing the PC version for awhile now from the looks of it. I don't think U14 was ready for showtime honestly :/

HORRORSHØW

And at this rate I don't think we'll get U14 till sometime around the Destiny launch when this game really becomes a ghost town-not that I'd want U14 in its current buggy state. They've been hot fixing the PC version for awhile now from the looks of it. I don't think U14 was ready for showtime honestly :/

yeah. that's a big dilemma. while i thoroughly enjoy warframe, destiny's beta really hooked me, and its impending release near u14 is going to be to warframe's detriment. hopefully they'll get it out sooner than later.

Amon37

Grimløck;123370553 said:

//////////////

I only had 2 days off last week so I didn't get a chance to do any runs.

Grimløck;123380660 said:
yeah. that's a big dilemma. while i thoroughly enjoy warframe, destiny's beta really hooked me, and its impending release near u14 is going to be to warframe's detriment. hopefully they'll get it out sooner than later.

Oh for sure its going to be to Warframes detriment. It's not like Destiny and Warframe are the exact same game in every way, but Destiny has a lot in common with Warframe and vice versa. They hit a lot of the same buttons when it comes to loot, farming and social experiences in game.

It's clear Digital Extremes don't have the budget or manpower to compete with Bungie or Destiny and push updates faster, but I don't think it'd hurt to at least give us something to do in between updates. The special alerts we had a few weeks ago were the kind of events I'd love to do over and over again. I know they floated around the idea of giving us past events that occurred on the PC version pre-PS4 launch.

I'm trying not to believe that PS4 Warframers are 2nd class cititzen, but its becoming harder and harder to toe that line, and I know Destiny is being pushed hard on the PS4. There won't be any worries of that in Bungies game.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Grimløck;123370553 said:

//////////////

I'm still missing Bo Prime and Loki Prime

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
It's clear Digital Extremes don't have the budget or manpower to compete with Bungie or Destiny and push updates faster, but I don't think it'd hurt to at least give us something to do in between updates.

Warframe's fatal flaw in that regard is that it has no random loot, so once you acquire and level whatever's new with the patch you're done.

ZangBa

I think there is enough random loot type games out there. Randomized gear generally has a samey feel to it, anyway. I appreciate the rather large amount of unique weapons the game has, I just wish there was more you could do than forma and re-level the same weapon over and over.

Edgeward

Rifle Scavenger is so good. I don't ever have to worry about running out of ammo on the amprex now. Making forma-ing so much easier. Just enter defense Pluto and blast away

Amon37

Warframe_20140730235811.jpg

I'll take that plat.

I've just decided to pick this up after hearing so many good things (PS4). Anyone know a good quick-start guide so I know what the hell I'm doing?

bLaiSe

I've just decided to pick this up after hearing so many good things (PS4). Anyone know a good quick-start guide so I know what the hell I'm doing?
It's not the best, but check out the in-game tutorial in the codex. That will explain the basics. There's always google for tutorial videos and stuff. Also, use the wiki frequently.

nynt9

I'm RTTP to this game, haven't played since dojos were first introduced. I'm really confused with what's going on. I used to play Vauban with Dread. I don't know what I should use now, as there are many new frames and gameplay types it seems. I like to play solo a lot of the time, if that helps.

Kurod

Banned
Grustrag Three? More like Grustrag .0001% as in drop chance

I've done that conflict mission in Baal close to two hundred times and fought the G3 countless times with my Nekros and get nothing but neurodes and natural talent mods. I seriously hate these guys.

Dave1988

Devstream just ended. DE's hoping to submit the U14 patch for PS4 to cert by mid August.

Oh, and there's a 24 hour potato alert incoming.

ZangBa

Ever since the utilities app updated, it stopped playing sounds when alerts popped up even if I have it set correctly. :<

manfestival

Grustrag Three? More like Grustrag .0001% as in drop chance

I've done that conflict mission in Baal close to two hundred times and fought the G3 countless times with my Nekros and get nothing but neurodes and natural talent mods. I seriously hate these guys.
Do yourself a favor, avoid talking to ronin at all costs.
Devstream just ended. DE's hoping to submit the U14 patch for PS4 to cert by mid August.

Oh, and there's a 24 hour potato alert incoming.

time for me to come back! PERFECT WORLD HERE I COME!

bLaiSe

I played my longest T4 Survival today. 2 hours 13 minutes. Shit was intense after one hour. Radial Blind is the best CC in the game confirmed! :)

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
With continuity and narrow minded I can tail wind out of the map lol

You might wanna sub constitution for narrow minded.

Turbulence acts as an aura and only works on affected enemies. The smaller the range, the less enemies will have their projectiles redirected.

Kurod

Banned
I played my longest T4 Survival today. 2 hours 13 minutes. Shit was intense after one hour. Radial Blind is the best CC in the game confirmed! :)

So true. What sucks though is whenever I bring Excalibur to a void def or survival everyone asks me to switch to my Nyx :(

Amon37

You might wanna sub constitution for narrow minded.

Turbulence acts as an aura and only works on affected enemies. The smaller the range, the less enemies will have their projectiles redirected.

Don't have one I think it's a nightmare mod? I'll have to trade for it. Nightmare mod farming is ugh.

bLaiSe

So true. What sucks though is whenever I bring Excalibur to a void def or survival everyone asks me to switch to my Nyx :(

Yeah, I know. He's probably the most underrated frame.

Grimløck;123702131 said:
that's insane. what's a good comp to last that long, and how many loki helms did you get in that time?
We used Mag, Nova, Excal and Nekros. Everyone had Corrosive Projection and viral damage on.
How many Loki helmets? Hahaha, you know the drop rate. :D But we got like 70-80 R5 fusion cores.

Top Bottom