• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Zestiria trailer from Tales Festival - Fusion System revealed

Peff

From the recent stream. It features the newest character, Zabeeda/Zabiida. Ufotable returns for the anime cutscenes and they'll make a TV Special for the game as well. No release date yet.

- Gameplay.

- Kamui system: A new battle mechanic that allows a Tenzoku/Heavenly character and a human character to fuse into a new form temporarily to power up.

OJM9Xyx.png

- The main theme of the game will be performed by Superfly.

- Tales of Reve Unitia, the 3DS port of the mobile fanservice SRPG, is coming out on October 23rd.

Magician

Neo Member
The lip synching is lacking (Not sure how typical it is though!). On the trailer the audio felt strange, albeit I enjoy the music as it fits with the style of the game shown on the trailer. Particularly the characters shown have distinct personalities and styles. The few, and brief combat scenes showed plenty of action, and I have found them enjoyable as they seem action-packed with plenty of nice effects. I find this title interesting, I wonder what will be shown later on.

Oh, and
the dragon effect at the end reminded me one of the early World of Warcraft videos featuring Onyxia

Asd202

I'm not a fan of character designs in this game and that shirtless guy is just ugh. Gameplay will probably be good but I don't think I would be able to play this game because it would want me to punch the screen whenever characters opened their mouths like in Graces. Guess Tales is done for me.

Seda

Guess I should mention that Isshak Gravi, a EU Bandai Namco community manager was commenting during the stream, saying that they are trying to get Japanese voices for the localized release, and are hoping to have that version released within six months of the Japanese launch, whenever that is.

Peff

Guess I should mention that Isshak Gravi, a EU Bandai Namco community manager was commenting during the stream, saying that they are trying to get Japanese voices for the localized release, and are hoping to have that version released within six months of the Japanese launch, whenever that is.

Well, they kinda have to, six months after the Japanese release means mid-2015, and the PS3 will be pretty much dead by then. On the other hand, Namco will finally catch up for the first time since... Vesperia? So the ones after this could be localized faster.

RalchAC

Well, they kinda have to, six months after the Japanese release means mid-2015, and the PS3 will be pretty much dead by then. On the other hand, Namco will finally catch up for the first time since... Vesperia? So the ones after this could be localized faster.

February or April would be the ideal launch months imo. Hope this game and Persona 5 don't release on the same month :l

Soulkay

Neo Member

Yes ! Finally !!
But It'll be hard not to get the Japanese version because I won't wait that much for a western release.

No release date = sad InternHertz.
I'm never going to wait for a localized version, I never did since the series set foot on PS3, PSP and Wii.

Heyt

Banned
Not having a release date gives me hope this game won't be as rushed as Xillia was... and we finnally can have an 8 character party.

All I keep thinking from that embedded YouTube link is fusion you go:

Before - No/1 belt

After - Multiple Belt, High Fashion.

I still need to watch the vid...

So are going full Ardha here, or am I expecting too much?

As long as they don't break the bank.

Fusions are cool , now i just wonder wqhat would be the requirement for them and how long we can keep them up ... so we can elemental combo like crazy when needed.

Rpgmonkey

Fusions are cool , now i just wonder wqhat would be the requirement for them and how long we can keep them up ... so we can elemental combo like crazy when needed.

It uses your BG to activate. It's supposed to be reminiscent of Graces' Style Switching, so you just flip between the two. Not sure what determines how long you can stay in the form.

Datschge

Ugh, so the shit broken design of making the Linked character AI controlled in Xillia 1/2 is "solved" with Fusions by making the second characters merge into one, aka disappear altogether? Both are horrible approaches for multiplayer, hope there's still something unannounced that makes this more compatible with multiplayer... -_-...zzzZZZ

Regarding staff (has been posted in the previous thread):

Directors: Yuuta Hase (長谷 雄太, did map game design in Hearts and Xillia 1/2), Mari Miyata (宮田 麻里, did game design in Graces)
Scenario Writers: Naoki Yamamoto (山本 尚基, lead scenario writer of Hearts and Xillia 2, involved for scenario in Graces and Xillia 1), Takashi Hasegawa (長谷川 崇, was the head TS dude, involved for scenario in Xillia 1/2)

Yamamoto is great. Hase is so-so, guess by directing he could get more budget to his previously lackluster maps executions. Both directors being previously involved with game design is a good change.

Battle system looks marvelous. I love how seamless switching in and out of Kamui mode looks to be.

I don't get the complaints about Zabiida being shirtless. He's not that much different from Kongman (Destiny party member). Plus the trailer seems to hint toward him being
immortal and crazy, so he probably doesn't need the armor.

Scenario Writers: Naoki Yamamoto (山本 尚基, lead scenario writer of Hearts and Xillia 2, involved for scenario in Graces and Xillia 1), Takashi Hasegawa (長谷川 崇, was the head TS dude, involved for scenario in Xillia 1/2)

That puts me more at ease, I had this worry about Graces-level drek and Z's characters don't look as cool as G's so it woulda been even worse.

Non-elemental characters (unless it's just Slay only?) can get a brief transformation elemental power-up... sounds cool. So far we have water, earth, fire and wind? I haven't been following the news, but I'm guessing it's going to be a party of six again? Unless they're planning to introduce light and dark elemental Tenzokus (lol). If the power-up is only for Slay, then I hope Alicia doesn't get shafted. If she gets fusions, then there is going to be 8 unique fusions total.

It doesn't bother me if multiplayer is going to take a hit again even how brief the transformation really is. I hardly know anyone who likes to play Tales (or JRPGs in general) with me, but probably sucks for those who do. =/

Heyt

Banned
Non-elemental characters (unless it's just Slay only?) can get a brief transformation elemental power-up... sounds cool. So far we have water, earth, fire and wind? I haven't been following the news, but I'm guessing it's going to be a party of six again? Unless they're planning to introduce light and dark elemental Tenzokus (lol). If the power-up is only for Slay, then I hope Alicia doesn't get shafted. If she gets fusions, then there is going to be 8 unique fusions total.

It doesn't bother me if multiplayer is going to take a hit again even how brief the transformation really is. I hardly know anyone who likes to play Tales (or JRPGs in general) with me, but probably sucks for those who do. =/

I don't think there will be more Tezokus since the Priest legend metions boding with one of each element.

My gess is we're getting a 8 member party. All Spirit people have been confirmed, today we go Zabeeza who seems to be a rival Priest of some sort since he wears feathers as Slay and uses pistols wich are a non elemental weapon. So if I am right the last party member would be a female human designed by Fujishima.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Woke up to more Zestiria. Ohhhh..... so no wonder all the characters look like shit. They look 100x better when fused. =/

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
My gosh. Ufotable is fucking amazing. I'm glad we moved away from the shit that is Production iG.

Espada

Whoa a nice bunch of info, screens and footage came out of this. I hope that Zabeeda guy is a potential party member, he looks cool. The whole fusion thing is awesome, but I hope it's not just limited to Slay. If there are two more human characters, it'd be great for all of them to be able to fuse for elemental bonuses.

Top Bottom