• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Zestiria Tokyo Game Show story trailer (+pre-order Mystic Artes)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MSMrRound

*NEW* Updated 24/09/2014 Tales of Zestiria system trailer direct-feed HD version.
thanks rrvv for sharing.

Tales of Zestiria TGS scenario trailer

The 4th Tales of Zestiria trailer, it showcases more of the cutscenes/small snippets of the opening etc.

More on the new character Roze, who was recently revealed.

Pre-order Mystic Artes from past Tales of Series, such as
Alisha-Leia Rolando's Soulstroke Celebration (Tales of Xillia/Tales of Xillia 2)
Mikleo-Loni Dunamis's Final Prayer (Tales of Destiny 2)
Lailah-Kongwai Tao's Silent End (Tales of Innocence R)

being used in full motion towards the end of the trailer.

Was assuming that this was going to be shown tomorrow or something (still some 11 hours before TGS officially kicks off), but I guess Bandai Namco must have uploaded it early or something.

If you want to keep a look out, this week's issue of Famitsu also supposedly contain more information of the official Mystic Artes used by the Tales of Zestiria characters.

Edit:

Apparently Edna and Dezel's Hi-Ougis (Mystic Artes) are mentioned in this week's issue of Famitsu.

According to user ExeForce87 on Twitter, Edna's is "Venerate Mine", while Dezel's Hi-Ougi is "Brutality Whip".

Also a better look at Roze, the latest character that was just revealed a while ago

X1tUOnY.jpg

via (Famitsu)

Can't show the Mystic Arte cut-ins as they are not up on Famitsu's main website but boy...cut-in image for Edna's Mystic Arte is looking really cute.

You guys should be able to expect updates from Abyssal Chronicles soon on their Twitter/Facebook page on some of the latest updates.

Edit #2:
TGS gameplay demo
http://tvpot.daum.net/v/v0de4VcnThTVaAatfFFDBcr
TGS gameplay demo. It's not youtube so I am not sure if the player works well from those who are not in Korea.

Edit #2.5
Alisha's normal Mystic Arte

Edit #3:

Colin Moriarty of IGN takes a behind the door look into Tales of Zestiria:

Colin probes Hideo Baba about Tales of Zestiria: why not the PS4?

Colin. M said:
He noted that while the western market for Tales is important, Japan is still its most important territory, and Japanese fans have no issues playing it on PS3. With that said, he admitted that he was surprised how quickly western audiences have taken to next-gen hardware, and that they may have to reconsider their approach in the future.

Flarin

Game continues to look great. Love that main theme as well. Can't wait!
I look forward to everyone avatar quoting me ;P

Cornbread78

You have to like what their showing, but still have that sense of what they are missing out by not moving this to the new hardware out there as well..

MSMrRound

You have to like what their showing, but still have that sense of what they are missing out by not moving this to the new hardware out there as well..

You think it's likely we will see an announcement? Other than TGS, there's supposedly this other Tales of Zestiria livestream happening on the 29th later this month.

Don't think it's likely Hideo Baba will wait until the next Tales Of Festival event to announce an up-port if there's any planned?

MSMrRound

preorder for special attacks?, I think this is borderline pay to win depending on how strong the artes are

It's not their main Mystic Arte though, but rather, Hi-Ougis or Mystic Artes taken from past Tales Of characters as listed in my previous post.

Yea, it's still a weird thing for Tales Of fans I suppose...since we are all too used to those cameo costumes...

Espada

Still looking good, though I really want to see some more gameplay (especially stuff for the Rose character). When will this be out in the states? Fall 2015?

I think I'll order the LaLaBit Market Special Edition for Zestiria.
Because it's the 20th Anniversary title and the (supposedly) last one on PS3.

edit: damn 150€ with shipping (but at least NO chance of customs bullshit in the end so, oh well...let's go :p)
edit2: it's done <3

MSMrRound

When will this be out in the states? Fall 2015?

Still waiting for it to be finalized. All we know is that it's releasing on the 22/01/2015 in Japan. Bandai Namco had previously said that they are working on shortening the release period in between games though.

I know Tales of Xillia 2 didn't sell all that well...hopefully whoever is still holding on to their PS3 will give Tales of Zestiria a boost back. Personally I'm hoping for a cross-platform announcement so that at least the sales can be boosted somewhat. (with a release date locked in though, would that be too late?)

Let's go through TGS and see if there's any announcements from their side...

galvenize

Enjoy those japanese voices in the trailers fellas. We will be getting those as well. I'm glad I bought a new PS3 a few days ago.

AAK

Man I would so prefer to play protagonists with character designs like the villains/bosses in JRPG's and fight antagonists that look like the main characters.

Zankou

The beginning of the trailer gives me Wind Waker Opening vibes.

It's looking good. I hope they will upload a gameplay trailer, too.

Espada

Still waiting for it to be finalized. All we know is that it's releasing on the 22/01/2015 in Japan. Bandai Namco had previously said that they are working on shortening the release period in between games though.

I know Tales of Xillia 2 didn't sell all that well...hopefully whoever is still holding on to their PS3 will give Tales of Zestiria a boost back. Personally I'm hoping for a cross-platform announcement so that at least the sales can be boosted somewhat. (with a release date locked in though, would that be too late?)

Let's go through TGS and see if there's any announcements from their side...

Yeah, I'm hoping we get an NA release date at TGS or shortly afterward. If this takes too long to release, I may just wait for a possible PS4 port. It'd make sense from Bamco's perspective: The west is rapidly moving over to he current gen consoles, why not hit both userbases at the same time?

So yeah, I'm with you in hoping for something cross-platform to be announced. Though I don't expect that until way after the JP launch.

SgtCobra

Should I pre-order or wait for the PS4 announcement of the game?
Idk man, I thought they would announce a PS4 version at Sony's conference..But it didn't happen. The chances that they'll announce a PS4 version tomorrow is very small, specially after releasing a new trailer today.

OceanBlue

It'd make sense from Bamco's perspective: The west is rapidly moving over to he current gen consoles, why not hit both userbases at the same time?

Would the perceived audience on PS4 make up for the added development costs? I'm pretty clueless about this stuff. Also, it'd make sense to me if Bamco didn't want their Tales debut on next gen systems to be an up-port.

There are a total of 3 PS3 games on the TGS show list. One is also available on the PS4 (Persona 5), one is an HD remake (KH 2.5) and the final one is this.

That's how screwed this series is.

Espada

Would the perceived audience on PS4 make up for the added development costs? I'm pretty clueless about this stuff. Also, it'd make sense to me if Bamco didn't want their Tales debut on next gen systems to be an up-port.

Well, they're in a hard place.

If they release Zestiria in mid-to-late 2015 only on the PS3, they're putting the game on a console that is being abandoned at a pretty decent clip. But, as you said, they may save an eventual PS4 port for the inevitable enhanced version further down the line. It'll all come down to whether the bean counters see sufficient profit in a cross-platform release.

aspiegamer said:
There are a total of 3 PS3 games on the TGS show list. One is also available on the PS4 (Persona 5), one is an HD remake (KH 2.5) and the final one is this.

Well, within a year's time we'll find out whether Bandai-Namco will follow Atlus' lead.

In the mean time, THEY BETTER SHOW US THE OTHER HUMAN CHARACTERS FUSING. Or at least Rose, since she's said to have the same spirit power as Sleigh/Slay/Sley/Slhey/Sray/Sorei

OceanBlue

To be fair, Persona 5 is part of a series that almost missed the PS3. Persona 4 Golden helped keep Persona 4 relevant and Persona 5 being on PS4 is nice for people who want to move on, but for me it's a silver lining more than anything. I can't believe it's been 6 years since Persona 4 came out lol.

Labadal

I have been unimpressed with anything but combat and scenes. Two decent character designs. Please, show more of the combat, it's all I care about.

LuuKyK

Seeing all the character together made me realize the character design in this really stands out as a bad thing.

I mean, the Rose character would easily be confused with an NPC in any other game of the series. Not that big of a deal, but still.

Protag

Banned
Feelin the idea of cameo mystic Artes, really with that.

Give me shining bind, brilliant overlord, and savage wolf fury.

Rhapsody

Banned
I remember some of us joked saying if they wanted to make money, DLC techs would be smart and devious.

Still, I would think the better way to do this is to tie them to reference/cameo costumes.

Well 70+% of sales come from Japan so its not. In the West though it will be screwed by the time it gets released.

theofficefan99

This looks alright. I agree that it seems pretty generic, but the anime cutscenes looked nice (though not as good as Xillia) and the music was pretty good. Gameplay'll be great as usual

Cornbread78

Well, they're in a hard place.

If they release Zestiria in mid-to-late 2015 only on the PS3, they're putting the game on a console that is being abandoned at a pretty decent clip. But, as you said, they may save an eventual PS4 port for the inevitable enhanced version further down the line. It'll all come down to whether the bean counters see sufficient profit in a cross-platform release.

Well, within a year's time we'll find out whether Bandai-Namco will follow Atlus' lead.

They are in a tough place, but now is the time to exploit the lack of jRPGs on the PS4, especially before FFXV hits. At the time this is released, really only Persona 5 will be availible on on the PS4. There is a lot of visibility to be had with a little marketign of an upport, because, well.... It's best explained below:

Well 70+% of sales come from Japan so its not. In the West though it will be screwed by the time it gets released.

This is exactly why they need to start working on it now. From what we know the uport process from PS3 to 3 isn;t very expensive, but it is a pain in the #$$. They should jup on the open oportunity they have now while the PS4 is a hot commodity everywhere outside of Japan.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Wow. That was a bad trailer. wut. This really really feels like a hella rushed game. Just saying.

Shaanyboi

Banned
it's like after Vesperia, they are aggressively trying to do everything they can stylistically to make me not like Tales anymore. Other than the more dynamic cinematography, this just screams generic.

Cornbread78

it's like after Vesperia, they are aggressively trying to do everything they can stylistically to make me not like Tales anymore. Other than the more dynamic cinematography, this just screams generic.

It's all about the battles man.... all about the battles..

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Those are seriously some generic character designs but somehow the environments look even more bland. I like Edna's voice though ( &#65381;&#65344;&#12526;&#65381;´)

Going to be the first Tales game I don't preorder in a long time I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom