• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Symphonia Unisonant Pack announced for PS3 [Screens/Videos in OP]

Rhapsody

Banned
Namco Bandai should've made it a tradition to make a full blown remake with the same amount of effort like a new game every gen.
HD ports and the R series killed that dream for me though.

Edit: And I mean one made by the main dev team

DR2K

Banned
The few extras aren't worth it imo, even back in the PS2 days. :p A few mystic artes you'll never see outside of the end of the game and a few silly costumes isn't much to care about if you have the original GC version. I say the most interesting addition are the Unison Attacks since they're pretty badly distributed, and the PS2 exclusive ones give a few more to Sheena, Regal, and Presea at least.

It's playable, but it's just badly incompetent for Namco to release it in this state. I wouldn't suggest this HD port to anybody but a hardcore Tales of Symphonia fan (which means I'll get it since I'm used to the PS2 version despite my complaints) since the GC version is superior in performance.

It's a good jrpg on a console this decade. It's for anyone that wants that.

Eusis

This is a series that produced 3, soon 4 games across PS3/360, all on PS3 in Japan. I guess you can still reasonably argue Symphonia's better than them though, or at least Graces f and Xillia.

Voliko

I will never understand shit like this. More power to you.
It's not that I think 30 is unplayable or anything like that, it's more out of principle. Why would Namco release an "upgraded" version that is less smooth than the original? Also, given that it is only 720p and there is no AA, it reeks of a cheap cash-in. I just don't see the reason to get this anymore when I can just play the GC version I already have.

FSLink

Banned
Namco Bandai should've made it a tradition to make a full blown remake with the same amount of effort like a new game every gen.

The R series isn't even that bad, hell if they remade Symphonia instead of Hearts with it, I think it would have been widely received as decent. It's just too bad they did it with Hearts which didn't need a battle system change up.

There's plenty of those out there, and it'd be hard to recommend a shoddy port of Symphonia over Vesperia, Graces, Xillia, and soon to be localized Xillia 2.

kewlmyc

Wow. It sucks that my computer emulations of Symphonia is actually better than what I'm going to be getting in a few months. I'll still get the collector's edition to support the franchise and get voiced Symphonia skits.

Is there any way that the frame rate could be changed to 60fps via a patch if it really us 30fps? Or would it be expecting too much effort from Bamco?

Datschge

I guess the relative lack of sales Destiny R and NDX (done by a "main dev team") and then the two R reimaginations (not a "main dev team" but certainly more effort than all the late ports) got make more effort than lazy ports not feasible for them.

Top Bottom