• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Zestiria announced for PS3 [announced worldwide]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Labadal

I'm getting more and more Graces vibes from this game. Good gameplay but absolutely horrendous stereotypical character and story that make me want to punch the screen. If that will be the case I'm not getting this game.
If the gameplay is as good as in Graces f, I will forgive the potential crap story. The series isn't exactly known for amazing stories. Even though I have to agree that Graces f has my least favorite Tales of story of the games I have played.

PKrockin

l_532918afba28913lxog.jpg
I literally thought this was Hubert at first. Missed his character announcement.

Every time I remember that we still didn't even get a date for Xillia 2 western release... I get depressed thinking about Zestiria and when we might get it :(

Any chance this turn out to be a cross gen between PS3 and PS4?

Proven

More new stuff: apparently the monsters in the world are born from human beings' bad thoughts from their hearts - and this impurity can only be seen by the Tenzoku and the Doushis/Priests.

To humans, they look like normal scenery. Which brings the question of Alicia... Like, is she able to see them? How does she fight them?

And apparently Edna's hiding something under her gloved hand? (not sure if that's speculation or what)

My first thought is Heartless, but eh. Invisibility to most reminds me of Heaven Smiles.

More new stuff: apparently the monsters in the world are born from human beings' bad thoughts from their hearts - and this impurity can only be seen by the Tenzoku and the Doushis/Priests.

To humans, they look like normal scenery. Which brings the question of Alicia... Like, is she able to see them? How does she fight them?

And apparently Edna's hiding something under her gloved hand? (not sure if that's speculation or what)

IPKniz9.jpg

???

orochi91

ps3 really will have a 10 year plan :)

persona 5, Tales of zesst whatever, kingdom hearts 2.5, drakengard 3

we win win ^_^

It's gotten to the point where I'm not sure if I will buy any of these games cuz I worry
they will show up on the PS4 eventually. It's why I cancelled my FFX HD collection preorder, and will probably hold off on buying KH2.5 HD, ToZ and Persona 5.

I don't want to have to fucking double dip if they show up on the PS4 down the road.

Christhor

It's gotten to the point where I'm not sure if I will buy any of these games cuz I worry
they will show up on the PS4 eventually. It's why I cancelled my FFX HD collection preorder, and will probably hold off on buying KH2.5 HD, ToZ and Persona 5.

I don't want to have to fucking double dip if they show up on the PS4 down the road.

You probably won't see any of them on next gen consoles, unless it's years down the line (Persona 5: Blooden). Just go back and look at how many of the JRPGs, that released on the PS2 post-PS3 got ported to the next generation. You ain't gonna find much.

Springy

You probably won't see any of them on next gen consoles, unless it's years down the line (Persona 5: Blooden). Just go back and look at how many of the JRPGs, that released on the PS2 post-PS3 got ported to the next generation. You ain't gonna find much.

It's a lot easier now, we're not going from SD and 4:3 any more. Plus, the commercial viability of taking last gen games and porting them to their offspring was only proven seventh gen with HD collections. I reckon it's far more likely.

a745

First look at Mikulio and Edna in ufotable art form (from VIVA Tales of Magazine coming out in a couple of days, Amazon JP posted the cover already)

Soriku

Mikulio's hair seems to vary between character art, anime art, and character model...

Other than that, they look fine to me. I think Edna would look better without her yellow strands in the back and her side tail, but I guess there are costumes for that so meh.

Datschge

Well, actually the set of screens shows a serious effort to move away from ToX's generic canyon views which is nice. Still terribly low poly and a far cry from the concept art also shown in the article.

x7Ye0km.jpg
I4xo7qR.jpg

kewlmyc

Well, actually the set of screens shows a serious effort to move away from ToX's generic canyon views which is nice. Still terribly low poly and a far cry from the concept art also shown in the article.

x7Ye0km.jpg
I4xo7qR.jpg

Looks super promising, but I doubt it'll even look close to that.

Datschge

Looks super promising, but I doubt it'll even look close to that.

Right, don't think the current in-game look will be much improved. Maybe once they move to current gen they find a way to decently translate their concept arts into in-game assets even outside of towns...

Zephyrus

Banned
Every time I remember that we still didn't even get a date for Xillia 2 western release... I get depressed thinking about Zestiria and when we might get it :(

Any chance this turn out to be a cross gen between PS3 and PS4?

what? Xillia 2 doesn't have a launch date?

Shit I bought Xillia yesterday and I'm enjoying it. I want more.

Zhao_Yun

Even if a PS4 Version should be released I doubt they will look that much better.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Im wondering if the combat takes place in the world without transitions how will the framerate be? Tales of Xillia had issues with the framerate on big encounters and I expect this game to have similar amounts of enemies on screen at times. Being in the big world they might drop the framerate to 30fps and lock it there? Hmmmmmm

Even if a PS4 Version should be released I doubt they will look that much better.
If we look at Tales of Symphonia conversion it might be worse.
KuGsj.gif

Vamphuntr

3Kaze

Im wondering if the combat takes place in the world without transitions how will the framerate be? Tales of Xillia had issues with the framerate on big encounters and I expect this game to have similar amounts of enemies on screen at times. Being in the big world they might drop the framerate to 30fps and lock it there? Hmmmmmm

Battles won't be seamless with these narrow paths in the mountains.
So I don't know why they're trying to make open fields but whatever.

Rpgmonkey

If the game does have open/seamless areas for battles, the screens give me the impression that they're making noticeable sacrifices to environment detail to do it, as every area showing combat looks uglier/more bland than Xillia at worst, or at the same level at best. Performance and enemy count in that case will be interesting to see. If it's still loading a separate battlefield... I hope they have something more flattering to show soon lol.

Mainly I miss having a decent collection of moderately-detailed, diverse, and clean-looking dungeons to explore, which has been kinda scarce in Tales lately. The ruins are ok but I hope the mountain isn't a sign of what most dungeons/"dangerous areas" in the game will look like.

Fisico

New chara named "Layla" and designed by Inomata has been revealed, seiyuu is Miyu Matsuki
she didn't have a role in Valvrave

kewlmyc

New chara named "Layla" and designed by Inomata has been revealed, seiyuu is Miyu Matsuki

I'm not really liking how 3 different people are designing the characters. The designs are all over the place.

If the game does have open/seamless areas for battles, the screens give me the impression that they're making noticeable sacrifices to environment detail to do it, as every area showing combat looks uglier/more bland than Xillia at worst, or at the same level at best. Performance and enemy count in that case will be interesting to see. If it's still loading a separate battlefield... I hope they have something more flattering to show soon lol.

Mainly I miss having a decent collection of moderately-detailed, diverse, and clean-looking dungeons to explore, which has been kinda scarce in Tales lately. The ruins are ok but I hope the mountain isn't a sign of what most dungeons/"dangerous areas" in the game will look like.

People'd bitch. A few, but they're real loud. Sucks, cuz I'd love some Symphonia-era dungeons.

This announcement has me on my knees. This announcement has be begging "darling please."

I didn't find the characters that interesting at first. But I knew that as new characters were announced I would find some I like.

Edna is great and she's my favourite character so far. Miclio used to be my favourite character. But they're both pretty great and my favourite two character announced so far.

I'm already really excited to see more of her.

raven777

I'm not really liking how 3 different people are designing the characters. The designs are all over the place.

it won't really matter because the characters in the game doesn't really resemble the original artwork. Like the girl with blond hair and an umbrella look nothing like the artwork.

LuuKyK

Layla/Lailah looks amazing. Easily the best character so far. Inomata <3

Anyone else noticed how she has white hair in the art, but in the screenshot its brown? Interesting.

Layla is okay, but I still like Edna's design a lot more.

I think I like her facial design better than Alicia. But I like Alicia's outfit a lot better than Layla's.

The only game that's making me keep my PS3...well this and P5 lol.

Here's hoping the story is better than Xillia and character development is also better.

Apparently Laila is waiting for someone with the potential to become a
"Fon Master".

Unless it was mistranslated then that could mean that Zestiria takes place in the same world as Tales of the Abyss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom