• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Berseria 3rd Trailer (long version), reelease date : 18th August 2016

3Kaze

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUKwtySJIpI

Sooner than expected.

Character-design : Mutsumi Inomata, Kosuke Fujishima, Daigo Okumura, Minoru Iwamoto
Music : Motoi Sakuraba
Animation Studio : ufotable
Cast : Rina Sato, Azumi Asakura, Daisuke Kishio, Ami Koshimizu, Satomi Sato, Toshiyuki Morikawa
Producer : Yasuhiro Fukaya
Director : Yoshimasa Tanaka
Tales of Series IP Producer : Hideo Baba
Tales of Series IP Supervisor : Kai Tanaka

salromano

Z4osWMM.jpg

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
Salromano posted this image already, but it's also the box art

Cf5FMy2UkAA4oZ7.jpg

Very nice. Pretty damn impressive trailer to boot. Looking forward to Velvet.

Bladenic

Are most Tales games rated B? Also that may be the best boxart any Tales game ever had.

I guess no Go Shiina though, shame. Maybe Sakuraba will bring his A game.

TheFatMan

This mean we can expect a November USA date? I really wish the Tales games would adjust there release dates to be earlier in the fall or late summer. I have a hard time fitting in a 60 hour game during prime gaming season.

Namikaze

Wow, August? Can't wait to see import gaf's impressions. I wasn't sold on the darker theme at first but this game looks really interesting.

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
This mean we can expect a November USA date? I really wish the Tales games would adjust there release dates to be earlier in the fall or late summer. I have a hard time fitting in a 60 hour game during prime gaming season.

Minus Tales of the Abyss 3DS and maybe some other port like Phantasia iOS, only Vesperia was ever very close in release dates between Japan and the West, and even then, only the NA version. Expect 2017, outside of prime gaming season.

Love that classic style box art. Very Tales of Destiny.

Will watch the trailer after work, browsing gaf uses enough bandwidth as it is on this phone lol.

TheFatMan

Minus Tales of the Abyss 3DS and maybe some other port like Phantasia iOS, only Vesperia was ever very close in release dates between Japan and the West, and even then, only the NA version. Expect 2017, outside of prime gaming season.

You are correct sir. I know I was just complaining, but that almost makes me more sad :(

Very interesting. I like all the cast designs here, but the mascot thing this time around is still a bit iffy IMO.
Then again if I could come around on Teepo anything could happen, haha.

Rainy

Banned
Trailer looks good. I honestly still haven't played Zestiria yet, need to get around to that..
Also who sings the theme song? FLOW?

kewlmyc

A good trailer, despite no gameplay. Will remain cautiously optimistic.

Expecting this spring 2017 in English. That will be a good distance away from Zestiria's EN release.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Very interesting. I like all the cast designs here, but the mascot thing this time around is still a bit iffy IMO.
Then again if I could come around on Teepo anything could happen, haha.

I was okay with the Normins which seems to be the same thing here.
tumblr_nw14q6drAR1rkuq06o1_1280.png

Wish I could be more excited about it, but Zestiria left a really sour taste in my mouth. That picture of Velvet's lovely, though.

Yay! Gotta love those UFOtable cut scenes. Probably gonna get the download version so I can grab the PS4 theme. :) FLOW OP is awesome!

Can't wait. Maybe this game will be a good one (unlike Zestiria). Sad that Go Shiina is not featured for the music; I love the temple/dungeon themes and "Rising Up" in Zestiria. Also, New Gameplay footage, when?

Edit:
Not that there are doubts, but I guess our final party is confirmed:
http://talesofberseria.tales-ch.jp/spec/shop.html

straylize

Love that classic style box art. Very Tales of Destiny.

Will watch the trailer after work, browsing gaf uses enough bandwidth as it is on this phone lol.

I was thinking much the same, my first thought was really that it reminded me a lot of Inomata's art-style circa TOD2. Boxart looks fantastic.

I'm actually finding myself anticipating this game a whole lot, despite my many (many, many, many) grievances with Zestiria. Things look like they're shaping up much nicer than the last couple of Tales games, though I don't plan on getting my hopes too high for a return to form from some of their older titles. Gonna import for sure regardless though, since I don't expect a release date close enough in English to warrant me foregoing it.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
My expectations are probably bottom now, I expect this game to be half-assed towards the end like Xillia and Zestiria.

Will get though.

Rpgmonkey

I might be setting myself up for disappointment as I haven't been a huge fan of the past couple of entries but so far I'm liking a lot of what they're going for here, and it looks much more polished than the past couple of games have been. Mid-August gives me plenty of time for me to finish it before Final Fantasy XV releases. :p

The box art is pretty cool. I think it's been a little over a decade since they've made a box art in this style.

8200 yen for a half-recyled game?

I'm assuming niche isn't your thing, is it? This is hardly the only series that reuses assets from previous games and still charges full price for each game. I mean it's a thing in most AAA Western games as well, so not even sure why this is a question.

Sagitario

Director : Yoshimasa Tanaka
Is this his debut as director? A quick search tells me that he has been working on Tales since Symphonia at least.

Tales of Series IP Supervisor : Kai Tanaka
Is this a new position? First time I have noticed it.

Datschge, where art thou?

Soriku

This is kind of reminding of Abyss with the different rivals (some) of the characters seem to have. Who even is that that Eizen is fighting?

Anyway nice trailer and great boxart.

I don't think I've ever been so disappointed to not have a composer in a certain game as I am at Go Shiina not being in this. Was easily the best part of the Zestiria OST.

Yeah, looks good. Fine with 2017 for the west really, with FFXV, Persona 5 (?), Pokemon and Dragon Quest the end of 2016 is pretty stacked JRPG wise.

Top Bottom