• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Zestiria announced for PS3 [announced worldwide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
What raven777 said.

L-Elf -> Ryohei Kimura -> Slay
Haruto -> Ryota Osaka -> Mikulio
Pino/Sakurai -> Ai Kayano -> Alicia
Marie -> Misato Fukuen -> Edna

Bamco if we don't get T.M. Revolution x Nana Mizuki (or at least one of them) for the opening song, I will be disappointed.
I'm not sure i want a piece of valvrave in my "tales of "
Actually, more like Radiant Mythology 1-3's protags:

A5rXrQK.jpg

But then again, she was designed by Iwamoto, so... :|.

Where is my winter chapter on vita , namco bandai ??

WHERE IS IT ?

LuuKyK

Is it too much to ask for a bow user? Dammit. I know the year of the bow is in the past, but come on...

Actually, more like Radiant Mythology 1-3's protags:

But then again, she was designed by Iwamoto, so... :|.

It really annoys me every time someone posts something about Radiant Mythology. I really wanted those games to be localized, especially the last one. :(

An umbrella? That's pretty cool.

Hopefully it won't be extremely clunky or she's mostly a mage...

I can see her having a gameplay mechanic similar to Elize's, where she is a mage with her umbrella opened and a melee character with it closed, using it sort of like a sword. Sounds interesting, doesn't it? Namco please hire me, I have the best ideas.

CrazyDude

Is it too much to ask for a bow user? Dammit. I know the year of the bow is in the past, but come on...

It really annoys me every time someone posts something about Radiant Mythology. I really wanted those games to be localized, especially the last one. :(

I can see her having a gameplay mechanic similar to Elize's, where she is a mage with her umbrella opened and a melee character with it closed, using it sort of like a sword. Sounds interesting, doesn't it? Namco please hire me, I have the best ideas.

Did Raven fight with a bow?

Turns out, she hides her wand in her umbrella.

Wouldn't put it past me if that's the case.

Wouldn't be bad, but also kinda generic. It is a good chance to use some open umbrella action even though it would probably be an extremely clunky experience trying to fight with one.

Did Raven fight with a bow?

Transforming bow that was also some sort of dagger like thing.

Hubert's dual blade lance whatever also could transform into a bow, but I think our last actual bow user was Natalia. Well I guess you can count Hisui's arm crossbow whatever.

Soriku

It really was. I love when devs are experimental with fighting styles. It has been a looong time since a character felt "new" on Tales game imo.

There were some cool weapons in Graces. Even Asbel was cool with his sheathed style.

Xillia played it safe I think, but in Xillia 2 the new artes look good and we have Ludger with his sword/gun/hammer combo.

I think Zestiria will turn out well since Tatsuro Udo is involved.

Boss Mog

Personally I'm hoping for SCANDAL doing the intro song, but I doubt it will happen. I still can't believe that their "Metronome" song wasn't used for an anime or a game; it's such an awesome song.

LuuKyK

There were some cool weapons in Graces. Even Asbel was cool with his sheathed style.

Xillia played it safe I think, but in Xillia 2 the new artes look good and we have Ludger with his sword/gun/hammer combo.

I mean, it always looks cool because its all flashy and shit, and the combat itself is fun, so in the end it doesn't really matter, but the weapons are not inventive at all. Swords, guns, hammers, etc are really common on most RPGs/JRPGs. An umbrella/parasol for example is already a more interesting choice because its unusual. IMO it adds a lot to the way you play the game because it feels fresh.

(I know I just asked for a traditional character that wields a bow, but thats a personal thing :p)

Bladenic

Yes, it was more like a hybrid bow though, but still awesome. I always wanted a more traditional bow user like Nanaly.

Nanaly sucked, as far as traditional archers go Natalia was pretty skilled.

Personally I'm hoping for a dual chakram user like Colette but better.

Graces was definitely interesting with the character's weapon especially since it had the whole dual style thing going on.

Xillia definitely was too safe. Xillia 2 I guess spices it up a bit with having a hairpin as a new weapon.

Tales should look into Musou games for inspirations for new weapons since those games definitely have the more crazy and unusual weapons that somehow still work.

Dice//

Banned
I started by *loving* the design. But now I don't.

For one, this looks a lot like Leia from Tales of Xillia, just with a new coat of paint. From her bright yellow colour scheme, to accessories (headband, chocker, short hair), to general her fashion sense.

Also, for a "divine being" she looks more like an "anime character" than a "game character". Which sort of fits the Tales schema as this hybrid "anime/RPG", but it doesn't do much for me here.

Also, her ponytail looks like a daikon radish. :mad:

As Tales usually can, I'm hoping her character will shine nicely to be both cliche but interesting, but I'm not too impressed just on appearance or the character description. :p

...Damn I want a gameplay trailer too.

danthefan

Guess this is as good a place as any to ask - if I like Tales of Xillia will I like Tales of Graces f? Currently playing through Xillia,
just beat Gilland
, and really enjoying it.

MSMrRound

Guess this is as good a place as any to ask - if I like Tales of Xillia will I like Tales of Graces f? Currently playing through Xillia,
just beat Gilland

Tales of Graces F's story is pretty generic and ehhhh...but their battle system is pretty enjoyable. Personally, I loved the title collection thing system they used for unlocking new skills, stats and clothing. Yea. Can grab that if you want. It's iffy...but still playable. Whether you will like it or not depends on your personal taste though.

Soriku

I started by *loving* the design. But now I don't.

For one, this looks a lot like Leia from Tales of Xillia, just with a new coat of paint. From her bright yellow colour scheme, to accessories (headband, chocker, short hair), to general her fashion sense.

Also, for a "divine being" she looks more like an "anime character" than a "game character". Which sort of fits the Tales schema as this hybrid "anime/RPG", but it doesn't do much for me here.

Also, her ponytail looks like a daikon radish. :mad:

As Tales usually can, I'm hoping her character will shine nicely to be both cliche but interesting, but I'm not too impressed just on appearance or the character description. :p

...Damn I want a gameplay trailer too.

It's funny because she's not even designed by Inomata like Leia.

I'm not really worried about any of the characters. Tales usually nails it IMO.

just beat Gilland

Story and cast aren't as good (I think the characters are still enjoyable though, but some people hate a few of the characters). Gameplay is great.

Snakeyes

Official site updated today with some old info, plus new voice samples.

Also Slay's official name is "Slay" according to the site. Other characters don't have proper names yet.

... I wonder if they'll keep that for localization...

Going for that PopGAF audience.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Official site updated today with some old info, plus new voice samples.

Also Slay's official name is "Slay" according to the site. Other characters don't have proper names yet.

RQeWlCl.jpg

... I wonder if they'll keep that for localization...

Excellent.

Rpgmonkey

I would be a little disappointed in the design but all of the designs so far are pretty safe fantasy anime stuff outside of a possibly questionable detail or clothing choice here and there, so I can't really complain about another...

They're showing artes and they have enough known characters to show a full party now, so maybe Famitsu next week will finally go into the details of the battle system.

The short caption already mentions attacking weak points, so that whole system might be back again in some form, or it's just a standard element system. :p

demidar

Graces was definitely interesting with the character's weapon especially since it had the whole dual style thing going on.

Xillia definitely was too safe. Xillia 2 I guess spices it up a bit with having a hairpin as a new weapon.

Tales should look into Musou games for inspirations for new weapons since those games definitely have the more crazy and unusual weapons that somehow still work.

Well when you're doing a sequel for the umpteenth time, all bets are off.

th4tguy

I've read the OP but wasn't sure if it was confirmed. Is the fighting system like the traditional 2d/3d plane with party separate from fields/ dungeon map or is it all real time like kingdom hearts?

LuuKyK

I've read the OP but wasn't sure if it was confirmed. Is the fighting system like the traditional 2d/3d plane with party separate from fields/ dungeon map or is it all real time like kingdom hearts?

Nothing confirmed regarding the battle system yet.

SHOTSTAFF SHOTSTAFF SHOTSTAFF!!!

Edna looks cool (similar design to Leia) and I love that she has a parasol! It should be one wicked weapon to fight with! I can't wait for this and Xillia 2, my two most anticipated games!

Thorgal

So i was away from this thread for a while and did i miss anything ?

Judging by the last posts, was a new character announced or revealed ?

Edit :never mind : just found a scan of the new character .

a745

^Also new info from Famitsu today. Apparently Edna's all cold and such, yeah, but when it comes to her older brother (which is her only living family), she tends to forget herself and becomes emotional.

Also that mascot thing hanging from her parasol is called Normin or something.

^Also new info from Famitsu today. Apparently Edna's all cold and such, yeah, but when it comes to her older brother (which is her only living family), she tends to forget herself and becomes emotional.

So tsun~

I like the battle screenshots and it looks like the main characters will be slightly different or so while using as seen before weapons so that's pretty cool.

Was hoping to see how Edna fights though.

Proven

I can already see myself loving and hating this girl...

Heyt

Banned
The camera in tha shots looks too close, I really hope it's not the in game camera. Graces F combat had the perfect layot for cam and HUD, I hope the game retains that and abandons the Xillia Hud and the vesperia-like cam that was too close to the ground imo.

I don't like Edna very much, and I agree her design does not fit with the others so far... but I think it is intentional since it seems to be a character who's theme is alienation.

Soriku

The camera in tha shots looks too close, I really hope it's not the in game camera. Grafes F combat had the perfect layot for cam and HUD, I hope the game retains that and dishes the Xillia Hud and the vesperia-like cam tha was too close to the gound imo.

I don't like Edna very much, and I agree her design does not fit with the others so far but I think it's pretty intentional since it seems to be a character who's theme is alienation.

I remember Xillia let you change the camera zoom.

a745

More new stuff: apparently the monsters in the world are born from human beings' bad thoughts from their hearts - and this impurity can only be seen by the Tenzoku and the Doushis/Priests.

To humans, they look like normal scenery. Which brings the question of Alicia... Like, is she able to see them? How does she fight them?

And apparently Edna's hiding something under her gloved hand? (not sure if that's speculation or what)

BY2K

Membero Americo
More new stuff: apparently the monsters in the world are born from human beings' bad thoughts from their hearts - and this impurity can only be seen by the Tenzoku and the Doushis/Priests.

Again with the "If there is evil, it lurks in the heart of men." Line. They sure like it.

Asd202

I'm getting more and more Graces vibes from this game. Good gameplay but absolutely horrendous stereotypical character and story that make me want to punch the screen. If that will be the case I'm not getting this game.

demidar

I'm getting more and more Graces vibes from this game. Good gameplay but absolutely horrendous stereotypical character and story that make me want to punch the screen. If that will be the case I'm not getting this game.

Let us dearly hope that the story won't be as atrocious as Graces.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom